PDA

View Full Version : BRETSKY'S MOCK DRAFT FOR DA PACK

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Round 1
ERIC REID- SAFETY--LSU
This is our guy; we're looking for the perfect fit to go with Burnett. Eric Reid is that guy. He's a proven winner and came from a great program with plenty of players whose skills excel at the next level. 6 1"....213lbs....great range....great ball skills...and a smash mouth....nasty hitter. He's Green Bay's Perfect Fit ! He's a nasty ass intidator. This dude is ready to play, and this dude is ready to excel in the NFL

TAKE IT TO THE BANK

***in the ideal world TT finds a guy to move up about five picks and still gets his guy; but this is the guy who elevates our safeties to elite status soon ***

Round 2
Honestly I struggle with this pick. The level of talent is very strong in round two and if there is way to mingle out of the first and up from the third we'd be in heaven if we could somehow have three picks in round two. There are many players around here who are very even.......and who will surely be gone by round three. So here is a great fit for the Packers:

BRANDON WILLIAMS--DT
Performed well at the Senior Bowl; impressive combination of strength and pass rushing ability. Williams had 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and five forced fumbles this year......eight sacks and 35 tackles in 2011. ........nine sacks and 17 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. Dude is frickin impressive. Led DT's along with Hunt with 38 reps on da bench.......here is some nice info on Brandon Williams ....good read...Packer Person

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1424923-2013-nfl-draft-missouri-southern-defensive-tackle-brandon-williams

PREDICTION---TED TRADES DOWN about 10 SLOTS TO PICK UP AN EXTRA FIFTH

Round 4 at top of round
DAVID QUESSENBERRY OT San Jose State...who has also played OG and a little C

FOR THE RECORD...Bryan Schwenke is the absolute no brainer pick here but IMO he's gone by the time we pick. If not, he's our guy and an outstanding fit in GB as a great fit for Center or even Guard in our scheme. But with Schwenke gone to the Bears or Dallas here is our guy.........who ran his 40-yard dash in 5.08 seconds, which is a more than solid number for a 300-pound lineman, and his 4.45-second time put him 0.01 second behind the fastest offensive lineman in the 20-yard shuttle. That athleticism could translate well into a zone-blocking scheme . Former TE...can play anywhere on the line. With Pitt snatching Monte Ball in round 3 or TT passing on him....my heart is gashed again. But this guy would do well in green n gold

Round 4
STEFAN TAYLOR- Stanford--RB

This guy can flat out ball and will make a nice transition to the pros and would also be anice value pick at the end of round four. Dude can block and catch and has some nice lower body strength which allows him to break tackles. 4,000 rushing yards over past few years...nearly 3G over the last two...and YPC over 5. Will be solid at next level and is a no brainer here.

Round 5

STANSLY MAPONGA--TCU.....DE/OLB
As a sophomore he was dominant:2011: First-team All-Mountain West selection ... appeared on the Ted Hendricks Award Midseason Watch List ... one of four players in the nation to rank in the top 10 in forced fumbles (5) and top 20 in sacks (9) ... topped TCU in tackles for loss (13.5), sacks (9), forced fumbles (5) and fumble recoveries (2) . Had a good junior year but it was hurt by injuries so he drops into our laps and TT nabs another pass rusher for our defense.

Round 5B---]KENNY STILLS--WR[/B] Oklahoma.....ok...rats...start throwing your darts at me for this one as it's a bit of a homer picks....-predicting the son of one of the all time WI Badger overachievers in the NFL.....and the dude with one of the greatest hits in NFL history....u guys remember ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRYydp14x-I
CLASSIC

TT can't pass up on a talent like this in round 5....who has fallen due to maturity concerns
He's a fluid receiver who excels in the slot. He gets from 0 to 60 in a hurry, clocking in at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine.

Round 5C-NICO JOHNSON---ILB- Alabama- -
Experienced and well coached in 3-4 D. Johnson (6-4, 245) is a physical run-defender in the tackle box. He totaled 55 tackles with two forced fumbles this year. Johnson had 47 tackles with 6.5 tackles for a loss in 2011.

Round 6--MIKE CATAPANO---DE===PRINCETON

Catapano (6-3, 271) is an interesting prospect. He performed really well at the East-West Shrine to help get on the radar for NFL teams. Catapano had 12 sacks, 41 tackles and 15.5 tackles for a loss as a senior. He had five sacks in 2011. Not invited to the NFL Pro Days but did very well at East Shrine Game

Round 7- ZACH SUDFELD--TE--Nevada
Excellent size/strength combo for the position. At 6-7 and 255 pounds, he is a large target, shows natural receiving skills and the ability to watch the ball into his hands. shows his athleticism once he gets going, accelerating in-and-out of his breaks and creating some separation from linebackers or safeties..one of 8 finalist for top TE

smuggler
04-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Don't know much about the guys past Taylor (excepting Stills) but hey, I wouldn't be too upset with this.

Fritz
04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Don't know much about the guys past Taylor (excepting Stills) but hey, I wouldn't be too upset with this.

Same here. I like the emphasis on defense.

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Same here. I like the emphasis on defense.

I think if there is criticism that could be thrown, it's I might have "reached" a bit too high to draft certain players. For instance, some see Reid as the #2 safety and a top 20 pick and others see him as a guy in the 32-40 range. Quessenberry...on paper that might be a bit too high but I highly doubt he gets to end of fourth round. Same for Williams.....most project him early round 3. Like Wist, I really like the guy and my gut says we need to use our #2 on him.

This team needs to stack the defense IMO another year.

As all this really guarantees, IMO, is Ted Thompson will not draft any guys I have predected.

Of course, I didn't put Montee Ball on there.....cause I don't want to be responsible for that curse :)

I still have to come up with Bretsky's Boomers....aka....Odell Thurman list :)

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 09:46 AM
BTW, Eric Reid is a furture star in the NFL

Ponder this............in retrospect......WHO WAS OUR PICK LAST YEAR ? Probably a safety who most thought should go toward round two......top......too much of a reach in round one and not enough value........................fffoooooeeeeyyyy to that logic

Smeefers
04-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been that mock draft thing where a different rat picks a different player for each team... oh! or there's the polls for the rats to decide who the pack should pick. Nothing like that going on. ::cough:: That's a shame, ain't it Bretsky. ::Cough:: Someone should start that up. ::coughcoughcough::

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Hey B. I'm so close now to finally getting my Mock down.

I love the top of your draft. We need real difference maker's still on 'D'. Picking that FS makes our DB's elite.

You went playmaker/difference maker in Rd. 1 and FS Eric 'Wyatt Earp' Reid. A brave choice. That man is 'dangerous'...don't mess with him. I love video of Eric Reid. The same for WR's Deandre Hopkins, Clemson and Justin Hunter, Tennessee and DE Margus Hunt.

The thing with going for the home run and Margus Hunt? Take away the highlight video. Which makes him look like 'the Predator/the Terminator/Iron Man all wrapped into one. What is he?

Is Margus Hunt a ST/ hybride or the real deal at DE or OLB? I keep scratching my head over this 'looks fearsome'prospect. I may go all jungle and take this 'Monster Of The Midway' in round one of my mock. I'm so back and forth with Margus Hunt.

As I'm discovering/ have discovered. That #26 pick is awesome in terms of difficulty making a decision. Too many prospects graded right there and possibly available. Frankly, don't excite me.

Do we really need to get to 'six' TE's? If TT takes Tyler Eifert. I'm going to jail.

FS Matt Elam is a tackling machine but like DE Datone Jones and his histrionics. A tad too hollywood for me.

ILB Kevin Minter? I've looked and looked at this fella. He's a solid ILBer but not the playmaker deserving of a Rd. 1 investment.

A balsy pick going FS Eric Reid B. That man should dominate.

Common sense says DT/DE in round one; but you covered your ass, going to DT Brandon Williams at #55 in Rd. 2. You might have risked 'a cheat' and went to this strong man in Rd. 3. You pulled the trigger. Nice sensable move.

I've been flipping DT Brandon Williams and C Bryan Schwenke, California; between the second and third rounds. Schwenke is rising fast. I predict he'll go by mid third round. Still for what we're doing he's a fit in terms of integrity and a third Rd. option.

You traded out of the third round. There are no hard and fast rules at Packerrats. It's a beautiful place.

OT David Quessenberry, San Jose State at top of Rd. 4. One of the flavours of the month. This prospect is all about 'versatility' and a great fit for our situation on th OL. What's that situation in two words:

Question Mark? You've seen the risk waiting to the top of Rd. 4 to get Quessenberry! Why not keep that third and take David Quessenberry there; or option the BPA OL?

I've been thinking Round 4 and DE/OLB Washington, Cornelius Washington, Georgia

For our #122 Pick in Rd. 4 you go with RB Stefan Taylor, Stanford. A top ten choice at RB. How sure are you that he'll be available there? It took something else for you to let go of Montee Ball.

I've got a RB in my later round as well. Do you like Michael Ford, LSU? That smaller man is Super Strong!

A Stansly Maponga seems like 'a great dish to eat'.

You dug for that prospect at Pick **? in Rd. 5. Doing that gives your Mock integrity. You don't do a Mock in a few days unless your living College football.

Where's Lurcher? I hope he's alive. He and I had some fun with my fix on LB Vontaze Burfict last year. I was convinced that V. Burfict was worth at least a late round pick. I'm not big on judgements on people that arn't conditional. Turns out he's a Super Star on that Bengals 'D'. Now his world might come crashing down on him but so far..... so terrific.

I expect he'll be there B. He's a fit for our 3-4 'D'. He's strong/versatile (can be used at OLB) playing DE in college at TCU. He had a foot injury but looks good to go. He might have been targeted in the 6th round!?

**? You traded out of Rd. 3.

Pick#159 in Rd. 5 WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma. Good size and very fast. Pretty strong and athletic WR. Bretsky if he's there at #167 your a fortunate GM. If he's there make him your first 5th Rd. pick.

Your final Rd. 5 pick ILB Nico Johnson, Al A BAM Aaah. Your keeping Fritz happy. Good we don't want him raising hell:

If Nico Johnson or Kenny Stills are available. Go with your first choice early in Rd. Then commence to pray that the other is there for your second pick; before all the GM's in the other War Rooms wake up.

Ohh whatsup with that WR pick? I'm shocked that you didn't go with WR Denard 'Hollywood' Robinson, Michigan with one of those three 5th Rd. picks. :wink:

Rd. 6 and Pick #193 ... DE Mike Catapano, Princeton 'Smart'; over a rising prospect DE David King, Oklahoma. Bretsky, you went with strength/athleticism. A great focus for Ted Thompson and this draft.

The Packers have to get stronger and meaner. I'm sick of all these 'silly assed puddy tonk' wanna be tacklers on our 'D'. Packer football has to be 'Hunt Em... Pound Em' football again. The NFL isn't a Sunday after church/picnik game.

I want opponents to flinch when they know that day is 'the GREEN BAY PACKERS.

Round 7 and Pick #232

You went with TE Zach Sudfeld, Nevada. Did you consider TE Luke Willson, Rice?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84986&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

It takes alot of time and reading and watching video to get this exercise anywhere close to being in the ballpark good. You did very well B.

Your effort certainly deserves a response. Thanks for all the effort Packer fan.

Ed. woodbuck27

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been that mock draft thing where a different rat picks a different player for each team... oh! or there's the polls for the rats to decide who the pack should pick. Nothing like that going on. ::cough:: That's a shame, ain't it Bretsky. ::Cough:: Someone should start that up. ::coughcoughcough::

You had better confine that exercise to a handful of dedicated posters or you'll not make it past round four before a week from this coming Thursday. Last season it was often two-three days before a pick arrived.

You'd think the poster was considering a marriage proposal.

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 10:50 AM
I think if there is criticism that could be thrown, it's I might have "reached" a bit too high to draft certain players. For instance, some see Reid as the #2 safety and a top 20 pick and others see him as a guy in the 32-40 range. Quessenberry...on paper that might be a bit too high but I highly doubt he gets to end of fourth round. Same for Williams.....most project him early round 3. Like Wist, I really like the guy and my gut says we need to use our #2 on him.

This team needs to stack the defense IMO another year.

As all this really guarantees, IMO, is Ted Thompson will not draft any guys I have predected.

Of course, I didn't put Montee Ball on there.....cause I don't want to be responsible for that curse :)

I still have to come up with Bretsky's Boomers....aka....Odell Thurman list :)

I just read this post B.

I hope your not insulted. I'm not putting 'the Red Carnation' in my own lapel; but so many times I think??

Are you me?

I often see things like you do. Not always but alot. I certainly agree with the candor in the post above. It's so very difficult to go through this exercise and 'just nail' it. I've spent so much time on my Draft Mock. That sometimes I say to myself. Is it worth it and who really cares? I'm too fricken' invested now, to simply toss it all in the scrap heap.

I must persevere. I must help Ted Thompson out. :pack: I'm positive that Ted Thompson reads Packerrats.

Why? This internet NFL Fan site PACKERRATS ROCKS, in terms of being 'in the know'. Alot of very smart football people post here.

If Ted Thompson ever needed a cheap adviser it's Packerrats. He'll also take a few licks reading it. ;-)

GO PACK GO !

Freak Out
04-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Hopefully Bretsky didn't just curse everyone of those men. :)

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 11:06 AM
I just read this post B.

I hope your not insulted. I'm not putting 'the Red Carnation' in my own lapel; but so many times I think??

Are you me?

I often see things like you do. Not always but alot. I certainly agree with the candor in the post above. It's so very difficult to go through this exercise and 'just nail' it. I've spent so much time on my Draft Mock. That sometimes I say to myself. Is it worth it and who really cares? I'm too fricken' invested now, to simply toss it all in the scrap heap.

I must persevere. I must help Ted Thompson out. :pack: I'm positive that Ted Thompson reads Packerrats.

Why? This internet NFL Fan site PACKERRATS ROCKS, in terms of being 'in the know'. Alot of very smart football people post here.

If Ted Thompson ever needed a cheap adviser it's Packerrats. He'll also take a few licks reading it. ;-)

GO PACK GO !

NO...I'd never ever feel insulted. I hope threads I start bring up a lot of debate and disagreement. Sometimes I post to stir a pot a bit and spur discussion. You are right in that I spent a good amount of time thinking this up.

I had a hard time with round 1 for starters. I kept coming back to one thing as I want a top tier safety with one of the first two picks. Reid, I think, is going to be a star. He's well coached and a bit of an enforcer. He has size and speed and is the whole package. It think he should be better than who Harrison Smith, who in retrospect, we would probably all trade our pick for at this point.

I kept coming back to either going Hunt/Datone Jones...........but then all of the safeties I really like, IMO, are gone by round 2. We might get the Fresno State playmaking safety. But the other's considered elite prospects are gone.

I will throw other thoughts out from your longer post, which was very well thoght out

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 11:08 AM
And where in the heck is Lurqer lately ? He always dug the mock draft stuff; we often clashed on many of the guys I pimp'd...something he was right and sometimes I was right. But he always spoke with confidence and often caused me to go further digging on certain players.

CALLING LURQER
CALLING RASTAK

Draft day is a coming, where in the hell are you ????????????????????????????

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 11:18 AM
On Montee Ball.........the homer juice flows and I admire the guy greatly. I think there is a chance he goes in round two or round 3. I don't think he's there round 4. I'd be all about TT grabbing him in round 3 but I doubt he does. For my mock, I just assumed Monte Ball was not available. TT hardly every drafts a guy I like that much......well....except AJ Hawk.....and that didn't turn out too great.

Quesenberry............honestly......I think he's worth of our 3rd....but most seem to have him going mid to late 4th or even in the 5th. I was drafting with some needs and targets in mind. I wanted an extra fifth round pick to get the players I grabbed. So I selfishly made a fake deal that netted me an extra fifth so I could grab another pass rusher with upside, a WR with upside, and a ILB who would cover for us if Bishop does not return.

And Catapano....I learned of him via the NFL Network...and then researched. I think he can help the Green Bay Packers. Dam smart dude who's an overachiever with a great motor.

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Hopefully Bretsky didn't just curse everyone of those men. :)

another reason why I couldn't include a Badger :)

pbmax
04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Good question, where did Lurker get to?

ANyone has his email?

swede
04-13-2013, 03:00 PM
On Montee Ball.........the homer juice flows and I admire the guy greatly. I think there is a chance he goes in round two or round 3. I don't think he's there round 4.

No chance...zero...he makes it to our 2nd pick.

I'd love Ball for the fit in Green Bay. He would have been good with us, but he will be good somewhere else.

See Montee beast it in the science lab. Good golly Bob that young man is the most unknown holder of the NCAA touchdown record ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjvEf9OrZA

packrulz
04-13-2013, 04:02 PM
I would love to have Ball but to be honest I think Lacy will be a better pro. He played in the SEC against the top teams in college, he reminds me of Adrian Peterson, watch this video and picture him in green and gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrnpAK4n5Y

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I would love to have Ball but to be honest I think Lacy will be a better pro. He played in the SEC against the top teams in college, he reminds me of Adrian Peterson, watch this video and picture him in green and gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrnpAK4n5Y

I'd much rather have Ball in the 2nd than Lacy in the 1st. I don't see how GB takes either one of them in round one.

When I did this exercise, what I think I discovered was a boatload of players I liked in the top 60 picks.

By the end of round 4 there were very few players I liked

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 05:14 PM
I'd much rather have Ball in the 2nd than Lacy in the 1st. I don't see how GB takes either one of them in round one.

When I did this exercise, what I think I discovered was a boatload of players I liked in the top 60 picks.

By the end of round 4 there were very few players I liked

OK B. help me out with that #26 pick. You know me.

Give me the three top candidates for my pick please. Then I'll pick one. I'll give you a hint. I was very close to forgetting grades and jumping on your guy...FS Eric Reid. A football players 'football player'.

Forget anyone falling to #26. Give me three solid football players, certainly worthy of that #26 pick. I've done analysis up to the yip yoe. I've watched so much video and read so many reports I'm nearly blind. I'm running out of note paper. I'm close and so far away as that #26 pick isn't easy.

I want three strong...strong character guys to choose from. Three athletic prospects with an eraser on the word 'prospects', as their that solid.

You'll get it too. Thanks B.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM

A) Isn't he primarily a north south RB? How often do we see him running laterally?

B) Get a solid tackle on him, wrapping him up around the waist, and he goes down without little carry. Where is his strength and drive with those big legs?

C) He goes down like a bowling pin even if a defender catch's a shoe lace. Where is his balance recovery?

D) Where is his burst or break away speed or consistentcy in yards after initial contact?

E) Where is his power meeting a defender head on?

F) He had a very solid OL at Alabama. How will his running style translate to our OL?

G) Do we need another so called 'star player' with an issue of a pulled hamstring?

He tempts me 'only' somewhat. Should he really stir any GM's saliva interest in round one?

PACKERS !

pittstang5
04-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not a Wisconsin native, but I don't get all the hype for M. Ball. I wouldn't draft him till the 3rd round - just my opinion.

Bretsky
04-13-2013, 06:27 PM
OK B. help me out with that #26 pick. You know me.

Give me the three top candidates for my pick please. Then I'll pick one. I'll give you a hint. I was very close to forgetting grades and jumping on your guy...FS Eric Reid. A football players 'football player'.

Forget anyone falling to #26. Give me three solid football players, certainly worthy of that #26 pick. I've done analysis up to the yip yoe. I've watched so much video and read so many reports I'm nearly blind. I'm running out of note paper. I'm close and so far away as that #26 pick isn't easy.

I want three strong...strong character guys to choose from. Three athletic prospects with an eraser on the word 'prospects', as their that solid.

You'll get it too. Thanks B.

PACKERS !

Reid, Hunt, Fluker (there is a chance he might fall), and Datone Jones

woodbuck27
04-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Reid, Hunt, Fluker (there is a chance he might fall), and Datone Jones

I can't take your guy Eric Reid.

I having trouble seeing DE Datone Jones, UCLA >>> in Green Bay. Our best players come from out that way but that fella? A strong prospect and a dominating football player; but all that style in Green Bay? He would have to demonstrate that he's absolutely pumped to be a Green Bay Packer. I'm looking for reason to believe that wouldn't be the case. Also to see him off the board at #26.

In other words I've tried to avoid Datone Jones.

OT D. J. Fluker and DT Jesse Williams, Alabama. Both are certainly on my 'Big Guy' Short List.

I've been back and forth but I want to go against the grain. Silly as it may seem, my guts are screaming DE Margus Hunt, SMU. So what if he's green and a bit of a reach. The upside is incredible. He's such an athlete and amazingly strong. Any man that's been compared to JJ Watt has to get your attention. :grin:

I'd rather have him, then see him dominate on some other team; and be saying down the road. Why didn't I pull the trigger.

I said no to him after getting very excited about his video. I need to see him in simple game video B. That better than some made from Hollywood highlight video. Taking a flyer on him with a 1st Rd. pick and seeing him bust would really suck.

Thanks B.

Packers !

wist43
04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
First off - I want to state for the record that Ken Still's hit on Suhey was perfectly legal!!

Eric Reid, S, LSU

- I like our young guys, or at least I'm willing to let these guys show what they got. Burnett is a keeper, and the other guys have showed flashes. Let 'em develop.

I like Reid, but would rather target other positions early. He's a good player though.

Brandon Williams, DL, Missouri Southern

- Would love to land Williams!! Instant tree stump right in the middle of the line. He's a little raw, but he's got the size and strength to be an every down, base 3-4 defensive lineman.

David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State

- He's the Packers type of guy, 'versatile', 'mobile'. I don't think Sherrod will pan out, and Newhouse needs to be replaced; but I don't think Quessenberry can play the left side. He looked pretty average at the Senior Bowl.

Stefon Taylor, RB, Stanford

- Ran a 4.7, so he isn't going to be a home run hitter. We have Harris. Someone said the Packers interviewed Bell at the combine - I like Bell. Lot of Ray Rice/Doug Martin type backs this year. Bell is a much bigger back.

Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU

- Hadn't seen any of him before your mock - but I didn't like what I saw. Didn't seem instinctive, bad angles and didn't have the speed or athleticism to recover. Wasn't a killer.

Kenny Stills, WR, Okla

- Should draft him and give him a signing bonus for past services rendered by his dad; which of course was a perfectly clean hit.

Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama

- Want to like him, but I don't :)

smuggler
04-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Based on that Sports Science video, I half expect us to draft Kenyon Barner now.

If Ball is still hanging around in early round 4, I might consider trading up for him.

Smeefers
04-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Maybe it's because I'm not a Wisconsin native, but I don't get all the hype for M. Ball. I wouldn't draft him till the 3rd round - just my opinion.

C'mon gang! Lets get the pitchforks, tar, log and feathers!

Bretsky
04-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Based on that Sports Science video, I half expect us to draft Kenyon Barner now.

If Ball is still hanging around in early round 4, I might consider trading up for him.

It would surprise me if TT would not snap up Ball at end of round 3; but IMO he will be gone by the time wer pick there

Bretsky
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
C'mon gang! Lets get the pitchforks, tar, log and feathers!

I will get organzing :)

Joemailman
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Badgers? We don't need no Badgers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

3irty1
04-15-2013, 07:03 AM
You did your homework, this mock looks like more of a prediction of what Ted will do than a pipe dream from a fan so congrats on that. Wouldn't be surprised if you nail a few of these. I do think there is some questionable value at the spots some of these guys are taken.

Fritz
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
I'm a Margus Hunt fan. I'd be thrilled if TT traded down, picked up an extra pick, then was able to snag this guy.

Of course, he's as raw as a turnip, so he'd provide little this year. But after that, imagine a guy with his long arms, then pack another ten or fifteen pounds on that frame. You've got your defensive end for the 3-4.

woodbuck27
04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm a Margus Hunt fan. I'd be thrilled if TT traded down, picked up an extra pick, then was able to snag this guy.

Of course, he's as raw as a turnip, so he'd provide little this year. But after that, imagine a guy with his long arms, then pack another ten or fifteen pounds on that frame. You've got your defensive end for the 3-4.

For you Fritz: There's alot of time in analysis and this post.

Margus Hunt is rare and presently ranked ahead of DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M. Margus hunt is more that intriguing to me. He's difficult to eliminate at pick #26. I want to pick him and manage to escape that temptation and suddenly he's back on my mind. Yaa sure...screw around with that Fritz. :wink:

I have to get this on here as we'll likely never meet.

I have to laugh at how some at Packerrats view me. Believe this...I'm as regular a Guy as you'll ever come across. I'm certainly 'NO Old Man'. I'm all 'piss and vinegar Man'........... still. I've never been anyone to screw with. I'm Irish through and through. I can't escape that and all it really means and has for centuries. I'm a decent fella 'with an edge'. IYKWIM.

Picture this. I'm Regis Phibin +.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Regis_Philbin_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jp g/215px-Regis_Philbin_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jp g

Back to the matter at hand:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2013&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103696&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

Fritz ...this is good. If your a Margus Hunt fan maybe? you missed this article. An intriguiging story and Margus Hunt and how his ascension to the NFL Draft began:

From the Eastern Bloc to blocking kicks

By Laken Litman ... Posted Sep 23, 2011

http://smu.scout.com/2/1109853.html

I've disappeared into my cave the last few days to concentrate on my Seven Round Mock. I've done mock's before and never encountered such difficulty. It lies in the pick at the top. With the choice at #26. We need more than a prospect at #26. We need an instant hit. We need a man that can contribute in 2013. We need a playmaker.

In my analysis the top four priorities in this draft are:

1) A 3-4 DE.

A player that can be used for versatility; a fit for DC Dom Capers style. Whatever that will be on any given Sunday. :grin:

Dom Capers. I didn't want him fired after our shocker Vs San Fran. Because MM has little to do with our 'D'. He has to try to focus on preparing our 'O' and calling a consistent/full game. I didn't feel we needed a sudden change in direction on 'D'. Dom Capers and TT teamed up (the 2012 draft) to give us a much improved 'D' last season, over 'D' we experienced in 2011. One more draft and season may solve the issue's there. May? I believe the response to that question lies in the quality of TT's draft. To the philosopy of TT and Dom Capers and reforming a 'D' to 'nasty'. :-x We need a 'D' that's properly respected...feared.

Thus more priority and this draft on 'D'.

2) We need a solid hard hitting SS. A 'monster of the midway' that's feared by any offensive player entering his domain. We need a 'killer hitter' in our starting defense at SS.

The theme of my mock has to be 'raw strength/athleticism' and/or a real impact on our team. A vision of what the Green Bay Packers must become. We are over the top too soft on 'D'. I'm just sick of 'the paddy wagon' approach to playing 'D' that I see on this team. For the most part the Packers 'D' plays like sissy's.

3) We need some more depth on the OL and specifically some real potential at LT. Marshall Newhouse is an OG not a LT. Derek Sherrod is, until he proves differently >>> a no show >>>near bust.

4) We need a LBer that can penetrate inside; help contain the edge? A tall order.

See 2) and 4) >>> I want both SS Shawn Wiliams, Georgia and ILB Jon Bostic, Florida and to get that TT has to trade down from Pick #55. Those two solid football players would have a huge impact on our 'D' if used properly. Again, in this draft TT has to emphasize the 'D'. The top of this draft has impactful players (not prospects) available for TT if he's the draft genious some claim he is.

TT has potential solid options and #55 and the OL and (maybe?) RB. He may be tempted by these options? My analysis says that he should think 'D' in 2/3 of the early rounds. That he should best go 'D' in Round's 1 and 3.

We are stuck with Dom Capers at least for this season. How do we assist his defensive philosophy? We're aware that our first round pick (2012) DE/OLB Nick Price, isn't enamoured with playing OLB in our 3-4. Can we entertain some flexibilty in incorporating that thought in the #26 pick? DE's Margus Hunt and hybride DE DaMontre Moore. Where to go there? That's a difficult decision when you get right down to brass tacks.

Please.... do yourself a favor and not judge DEMontre Moore based on 'only' 12 Rep's at the Combine. Take a real look at the potential of TT picking DaMontre Moore. He's not nicknamed 'DaMonster' for nothing. He greatly improved his attention to strengthening at his Pro Day with 19 Rep's.

Look at this football player:

This video (1) surprized me. This is not the man I see on the football field (2). Overall I really like DeMontre Moore as our #26 pick.

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvYtTVYLDU

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AnVX9_0qU

What do any of you think?

Trading down would be a solid move for TT. I've ignored that option. I'm having difficulty deciding on on that pick. Every poster should try to mock this draft if you want to get some glimpse of what's involved. I've studied #26 carefully and the rest of the draft as well. It's alot of work.

#26:

Please excuse 'the handles'. ** Some my own. :grin:

I've studied DE Margus '** The Terminator' Hunt (with huge upside, work ethic and elite athleticism) >>> Datone '** Hollywood' Jones >>> DE Damontre 'DaMonster' Moore. I believe that Datone Jones will be off the board before our #26. That seems like a good thing to me. That TT won't be tempted by this prospect. That's all he is to me. A prospect. I don't like his showboating style. Just play fricken' football. If you want to perform go to drama school. That same comment goes for other noteables in this draft. One of those 'a tackling machine', Matt Elam, Florida.'Holy Mackeral' the performance after that tackle sickens me.

I've studied WR's DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson and Justin Hunter,Tennessee in terms of what each brings to the table. If each is matched up to the correct offensive scheme. Those teams will enjoy production from both of these talented WR's. I certainly have looked at DeAndre Hopkins as a solid option at #26. He reminds me alot of that man....Greg Jennings. Greg Jennings will be playing opposite one of these two WR's this season. I see the other as a solid option for both Houston and New England.

I've looked at DT' Johnathan ' ** Burnout' Hankins, Ohio and Jesse ' ** Givener' Williams, Alabama.

There's 'only' one guy above that has a real nickname. Maybe the fire burns deep in his guts?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110646&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

RB or TE at #26.

I'll not enjoy TT picking at either position with #26. If he does I'll try to tame down my post in reaction. That might take 4-5 days to a week.

LT at #26. TT has better value in a pick on 'D'. He should be patient and look for LT at pick #55 or later at pick #122 in the 4th round.

That's just as I see it now Fritz and Packerrats.

GO TT and Draft 2013 !

smuggler
04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
I really don't like Matt Elam one bit.

woodbuck27
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I really don't like Matt Elam one bit.

He's 'the Dude'.

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/bioimg2010/160xNx236.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3_fKycKJHs.jpg

Jhesssshh ! It's been a long time since I thought of:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2OGuqhq9h9JvZ3SUFUUvZQIiMExqNY DE9QFENCuwj8A7FNBkj

Jessica Lange

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj-L1eGciVb3i9ZUCkW5qMR4rpQ5ibJF2Bn8BqPSnYnSBqCjSl

and her Co-Star.

red
04-17-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/bioimg2010/160xNx236.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3_fKycKJHs.jpg

he gets his hair cut like that so he looks likes he's 5'10

woodbuck27
04-17-2013, 02:14 PM
he gets his hair cut like that so he looks likes he's 5'10

Your killin' me red. I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly dead.

What the frick is wrong with you? Are you a...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFrdU3IWufZ45ohR3lHE4S1Z7DdslHm 6iJccWChJ0tTWsNwYIFiw

Bretsky
04-17-2013, 09:05 PM
For you Fritz: There's alot of time in analysis and this post.

Margus Hunt is rare and presently ranked ahead of DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M. Margus hunt is more that intriguing to me. He's difficult to eliminate at pick #26. I want to pick him and manage to escape that temptation and suddenly he's back on my mind. Yaa sure...screw around with that Fritz. :wink:

I have to get this on here as we'll likely never meet.

I have to laugh at how some at Packerrats view me. Believe this...I'm as regular a Guy as you'll ever come across. I'm certainly 'NO Old Man'. I'm all 'piss and vinegar Man'........... still. I've never been anyone to screw with. I'm Irish through and through. I can't escape that and all it really means and has for centuries. I'm a decent fella 'with an edge'. IYKWIM.

Picture this. I'm Regis Phibin +.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Regis_Philbin_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jp g/215px-Regis_Philbin_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jp g

Back to the matter at hand:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2013&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103696&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

Fritz ...this is good. If your a Margus Hunt fan maybe? you missed this article. An intriguiging story and Margus Hunt and how his ascension to the NFL Draft began:

From the Eastern Bloc to blocking kicks

By Laken Litman ... Posted Sep 23, 2011

http://smu.scout.com/2/1109853.html

I've disappeared into my cave the last few days to concentrate on my Seven Round Mock. I've done mock's before and never encountered such difficulty. It lies in the pick at the top. With the choice at #26. We need more than a prospect at #26. We need an instant hit. We need a man that can contribute in 2013. We need a playmaker.

In my analysis the top four priorities in this draft are:

1) A 3-4 DE.

A player that can be used for versatility; a fit for DC Dom Capers style. Whatever that will be on any given Sunday. :grin:

Dom Capers. I didn't want him fired after our shocker Vs San Fran. Because MM has little to do with our 'D'. He has to try to focus on preparing our 'O' and calling a consistent/full game. I didn't feel we needed a sudden change in direction on 'D'. Dom Capers and TT teamed up (the 2012 draft) to give us a much improved 'D' last season, over 'D' we experienced in 2011. One more draft and season may solve the issue's there. May? I believe the response to that question lies in the quality of TT's draft. To the philosopy of TT and Dom Capers and reforming a 'D' to 'nasty'. :-x We need a 'D' that's properly respected...feared.

Thus more priority and this draft on 'D'.

2) We need a solid hard hitting SS. A 'monster of the midway' that's feared by any offensive player entering his domain. We need a 'killer hitter' in our starting defense at SS.

The theme of my mock has to be 'raw strength/athleticism' and/or a real impact on our team. A vision of what the Green Bay Packers must become. We are over the top too soft on 'D'. I'm just sick of 'the paddy wagon' approach to playing 'D' that I see on this team. For the most part the Packers 'D' plays like sissy's.

3) We need some more depth on the OL and specifically some real potential at LT. Marshall Newhouse is an OG not a LT. Derek Sherrod is, until he proves differently >>> a no show >>>near bust.

4) We need a LBer that can penetrate inside; help contain the edge? A tall order.

See 2) and 4) >>> I want both SS Shawn Wiliams, Georgia and ILB Jon Bostic, Florida and to get that TT has to trade down from Pick #55. Those two solid football players would have a huge impact on our 'D' if used properly. Again, in this draft TT has to emphasize the 'D'. The top of this draft has impactful players (not prospects) available for TT if he's the draft genious some claim he is.

TT has potential solid options and #55 and the OL and (maybe?) RB. He may be tempted by these options? My analysis says that he should think 'D' in 2/3 of the early rounds. That he should best go 'D' in Round's 1 and 3.

We are stuck with Dom Capers at least for this season. How do we assist his defensive philosophy? We're aware that our first round pick (2012) DE/OLB Nick Price, isn't enamoured with playing OLB in our 3-4. Can we entertain some flexibilty in incorporating that thought in the #26 pick? DE's Margus Hunt and hybride DE DaMontre Moore. Where to go there? That's a difficult decision when you get right down to brass tacks.

Please.... do yourself a favor and not judge DEMontre Moore based on 'only' 12 Rep's at the Combine. Take a real look at the potential of TT picking DaMontre Moore. He's not nicknamed 'DaMonster' for nothing. He greatly improved his attention to strengthening at his Pro Day with 19 Rep's.

Look at this football player:

This video (1) surprized me. This is not the man I see on the football field (2). Overall I really like DeMontre Moore as our #26 pick.

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvYtTVYLDU

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AnVX9_0qU

What do any of you think?

Trading down would be a solid move for TT. I've ignored that option. I'm having difficulty deciding on on that pick. Every poster should try to mock this draft if you want to get some glimpse of what's involved. I've studied #26 carefully and the rest of the draft as well. It's alot of work.

#26:

Please excuse 'the handles'. ** Some my own. :grin:

I've studied DE Margus '** The Terminator' Hunt (with huge upside, work ethic and elite athleticism) >>> Datone '** Hollywood' Jones >>> DE Damontre 'DaMonster' Moore. I believe that Datone Jones will be off the board before our #26. That seems like a good thing to me. That TT won't be tempted by this prospect. That's all he is to me. A prospect. I don't like his showboating style. Just play fricken' football. If you want to perform go to drama school. That same comment goes for other noteables in this draft. One of those 'a tackling machine', Matt Elam, Florida.'Holy Mackeral' the performance after that tackle sickens me.

I've studied WR's DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson and Justin Hunter,Tennessee in terms of what each brings to the table. If each is matched up to the correct offensive scheme. Those teams will enjoy production from both of these talented WR's. I certainly have looked at DeAndre Hopkins as a solid option at #26. He reminds me alot of that man....Greg Jennings. Greg Jennings will be playing opposite one of these two WR's this season. I see the other as a solid option for both Houston and New England.

I've looked at DT' Johnathan ' ** Burnout' Hankins, Ohio and Jesse ' ** Givener' Williams, Alabama.

There's 'only' one guy above that has a real nickname. Maybe the fire burns deep in his guts?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110646&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

RB or TE at #26.

I'll not enjoy TT picking at either position with #26. If he does I'll try to tame down my post in reaction. That might take 4-5 days to a week.

LT at #26. TT has better value in a pick on 'D'. He should be patient and look for LT at pick #55 or later at pick #122 in the 4th round.

That's just as I see it now Fritz and Packerrats.

GO TT and Draft 2013 !

I think Demontre Moore is an elite talent and it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice. The knock on him is he's immature and needs to grow up per the NFL network. I'll still take his talent in GB over Hunt I think. His tackles for losses the last three years were impressive

Bretsky
04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
You did your homework, this mock looks like more of a prediction of what Ted will do than a pipe dream from a fan so congrats on that. Wouldn't be surprised if you nail a few of these. I do think there is some questionable value at the spots some of these guys are taken.

Thanks for the kind words. I doubt TT takes my picks but I tried to make it realistic. In doing this excersise, which really was interesting....if I could swing it I'd try to manipulat things to end up with three second round picks and then get three players I really liked

Perhaps TT trades down ten slots into round two to a team like Buffalo or Cleveland with a hard on for one of the QB's and picks up a 4th
Then package the third and 4th for a third second rounder. These guys from 16--60 are all very similar IMO. Things dry up a bit after round 3 when I think nearly all of the top tier RB's fall off the board. I think the safeties I really like come off the board in the top 50 picks. That was my reason for taking Reid. He's the guy I like 2nd best and I think a DL will fall to our 2nd pick that is about the same as the ones sitting there at 26.

I also agree I probably reached a bit on a few picks.......but if I was running the show I'd be all about trading down with this team

Lots of JAG's we can replace

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 09:08 AM
I think Demontre Moore is an elite talent and it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice. The knock on him is he's immature and needs to grow up per the NFL network. I'll still take his talent in GB over Hunt I think. His tackles for losses the last three years were impressive

" it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice" Bretsky

B. I thought that someone here produced a Mock with DE/OLB hybride DaMontre Moore, Texas A&M as the pick at #26. I think you reporting that was 'Joe' or Joemailman?

I've looked around and cannot uncover that Mock. Where's that Mock if it exists?

Joemailman (I believe) posted a thread RE: predicting TT's draft picks in a contest format. I thought I saw in that that Joe picked someone else
(not 3-4 DE Demontre Moore) at #26. It's one of those 'what is it' things.

Back to the my decision (no... indecision) and #26:

I like Damontre Moore B. He's been falling on Draft Boards but I'm not buying it.

It's not often that you see young men with his personality /manners. He's a rare bird. He can play football. I find it so difficult to see the seperation between that man on the field and in person 'in street cloths'.

It's like Clark Kent and Superman. DaMonster is a playa ! A solid fit for our NO. 1 need at #26.

You simply have to forget that DE Margus Hunt exists; until he's picked by some team not the Green Bay Packers. Enjoy watching his career.

Ohh sure >>>> there I go again!

I want >>>want >>> want Margus Hunt. I'm flipped out again, in a co nun drum. Jeeesshh!

OK I'll try this:

So I'll not try to turn to being the hero 'prognosticator'. TT will never pick Margus Hunt anyway. That's a simple prognostication. What a word.

The word I've been thinking and my Mock is >>>procrastination. That certainly applies....and this:

http://godheadfamily.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/stock-photo-5908759-the-thinker-statue1.jpg

Except I wear clothes and come armed with a mouse.

PACKERS !

mission
04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd be very happy with this.... good stuff