PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Packerrats Draft Contest

Joemailman
04-17-2013, 07:04 PM
The Premise:

Pick 8 players YOU think the Packers might draft this year and what round you think they'll go in. Whoever racks up the most points, wins.

Scoring:

Points will be awarded according to the round the player was taken in, since predictions are proportionally more difficult in the later rounds. One additional point will be added if the round prediction is correct. For Example:

If you predict the Packers will take Tyler Eifert in the 1st round, and that happens, you get 2 points, 1 point for picking a 1st round pick, and 1 point for getting the right round.

If you predict the Packers will take Montee Ball in the 2nd round, but the Packers take him in the 3rd round, you will get 3 points for getting a 3rd round pick, but will not get the extra 1 point for getting the round right.

Feel free to update your picks until the draft starts.

Joemailman
04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
1. Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
1. Eric Reid - S - LSU
1. Jonathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
2. Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU
2. Jessie Williams - DT - Alabama
2. Quinton Patton - WR - Louisiana Tech
3. Brian Schwenke - C - California
3. Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego St.

pbmax
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
1 Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
1 Eric Reid, S, LSU
1 John Jenkins, DL, Georgia
2 Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
2 Trav Frederick, C, UW
2 Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse
3 Brian Schwenke, C, California
3 Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
1. Eric Reid - S - LSU
2. Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU
2. Jessie Williams - DT - Alabama
2. Quinton Patton - WR - Louisiana Tech
3. Brian Schwenke - C - California
3. Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego St.

Joe do you have a Mock '7 round Draft' presented on Packerrats this year?

If so where may I find that?

Bretsky informed me in a post I found today on his Mock thread that you went with:

3-4 /OLB hybride Damontre Moore in a Mock Draft at #26. Yet in this thread your firing on:

1. Eric Reid - S - LSU

Seeing the above confuses me. Does that Mock exist with Damontre Moore at #26?

Anyway this post will bump this thread.

PACKERS !

Joemailman
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Joe do you have a Mock '7 round Draft' presented on Packerrats this year?

If so where may I find that?

Bretsky informed me in a post I found today on his Mock thread that you went with:

3-4 /OLB hybride Damontre Moore in a Mock Draft at #26. Yet in this thread your firing on:

1. Eric Reid - S - LSU

Seeing the above confuses me. Does that Mock exist with Damontre Moore at #26?

Anyway this post will bump this thread.

PACKERS !

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25326-Joemailman-s-Packer-Mock-Draft-1-0

I changed my mind. Actually, I wouldn't mind Moore, but I don't think it will happen.

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 11:24 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25326-Joemailman-s-Packer-Mock-Draft-1-0

I changed my mind. Actually, I wouldn't mind Moore, but I don't think it will happen.

If S. Williams is available at #26. TT should jump on him.

The problem with Damontre Moore and there are other concerns >>> is in my analysis, mainly >>> Nick Perry. As red points out >>> duplication over depth and scheme versatility.

If we allow Damontre Moore to slip by us I wonder how NE will look at him Vs Margus Hunt; Their primary/secondary need is at 4-3 DE and may be addressed later in this draft. Their Ist primary needs @ CB and #1 WR.

I look at who's picking just ahead of the San Francisco 49ers.

The pool of talent they can generate from this draft shouldn't be dismissed. This draft has help available in the first four rounds and with all those picks (12) they have power for options.

The Seattle Seahawks cannot counter all that San Fran has in this draft.

This stuff puts alot of heat on TT to get it really best.

This is an intriguing draft, related to so many prospects and imperfections. It's also alot more that 'just' that.

GO PACK GO !

The Shadow
04-18-2013, 11:39 PM
1. Margus Hunt SMU
1. Eric Reid, LSU
2. DJ Swearingen, SC
2. Robert Woods
3. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Bennie Logan, LSU
3. Philip Thomas, S
5. A.J. Klein, Iowa State

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Everybody likes FS Eric Reid, LSU...that man is an outstanding pick.

He simply fits our #2 need at Safety as he can play both FS and SS. If TT picks him we should hear a Packer fan roarrrrr!

smuggler
04-19-2013, 10:46 AM
1. Eric Reid, S - Louisianna State
2. Margus Hunt, DE - Southern Methodist
2. John Hankins, DT - Ohio State
2. John Jenkins, DT - Georgia
3. Brandon Williams, DT - Missouri Southern
3. Markus Wheaton, WR - Oregon State
3. Phillip Thomas, S - Fresno State
4. Brian Schwenke, C - California

Bretsky
04-19-2013, 10:41 PM

good list.,..well....since I think so it probably means it sucks....but I'd have picked seven on those eight on my list

smuggler
04-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Who would you have off? Thomas, Hankins, or ?

packrulz
04-20-2013, 06:27 AM
1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
1. Robert Woods, WR, USC
1. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
2. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
2. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
2. Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
3. Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
3. Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Who would you have off? Thomas, Hankins, or ?

Originally Posted by smuggler:

smuggler... I hope that you and Bretsky don't mind me jumping in here.

Johnathan Hankins would be my choice as the first to eliminate. It's just the feeling I get studying him. Nothing else. Just this wild hunch that he's going to have weight issues. That he'll wear down in the NFL.

1. Eric Reid, S - Louisianna State.... Picking him covers TT's NO. 2 priority need SS ... NO. 1 = 3-4 DE.

The beauty of going to FS/SS Eric Reid is he'll provide the presence we need in our backfield as he's arguably pond for pound the best hitter in thisn draft. As you've seen; he looks sensational on video. Also he's a FS that can be converted to an NFL SS. He's a player.

Today I'm not at all sure if TT would pick Eric Reid if available. TT may see better options. It really does change daily if you listen to the talkin' heads. I love Eric Reid and this 'he's a reach' is BS. TT will have his mind set on a particular football player and that'll be his guy.

It's so tough to read this draft. It's a head scratching /painful experience pour moi. ;-)

2. Margus Hunt, DE - Southern Methodist ( I'm thinking he's too much of a luxury pick that knowing TT's ways (he won't afford). If he's there at #55 he might be tempting even for TT. He could provide the answer for TT's NO. 1 priority need >>> 3-4 DE.

2. John Hankins, DT - Ohio State ... See above... This DT won't be picked...count on it. I would toss him. **

I'm not sure...this may 'only' be a rumor; but maybe, after all the money he makes off Packerrats and because he loves everyone ...

Mad is offering an all expense paid trip for 'two' to Hawaii for the winner of this contest.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_Rdt3XISM4T8OI0_5yQAyVnon3xE41 E3yZvBBvncsWBl7uSFe

Don't you want to win!? :mrgreen:

2. John Jenkins, DT - Georgia ... May be around for our #55 Pick in Rd. 2...It may be him or 'the strong man'...DT Brandon Williams Fr. Missouri Southern

3. Brandon Williams, DT - Missouri Southern >>> TT better get him at #55 if he likes him. If Jon Jenkins is off the board this is TT's man as I assess it all. Any pick at DT is for depth and future considerations ie Ryan Pickett and age and BJ Raji and cost Vs performance/desire.

Also this ... just for a laugh.

One site has DE Margus 'the Predator' Hunt falling all the way to Pick #55...That illusion would draw alot of Packer fan interest for those watching on day two.

3. Markus Wheaton, WR - Oregon State ... a solid choice for a possible pick at Rd. 3 Pick #88. This is about where TT may get an itch to go WR. We're not as posters here desire to imagine. TT has to get some decent cash ready for James Jones. I'll be watching to see how many times he's targeted next season . I'm concerned over Jordy Nelson'e hammy issues. He's got huge hammies and needs to warm up and stay loose religiously. Defenses may soon figure out Randall Cobb. It gets there in the NFL.

3. Phillip Thomas, S - Fresno State ... This fella will more than likely go inside of the 10 picks before Pick #55 in Rd. 2. TT might target him and secure a trade out of Rd. 1 Pick #26 to possibly land him; but that move would secure better options.

There are a good number of others in the upper half of Rd. 2 that TT might target ie 3-4 OLB Alex Okafor; WR's Robert Woods and Quinton Patton; RT Brennan Williams

4. Brian Schwenke, C - California ... A solid prospect for TT and Rd.3 Pick #88.

** This fella gives me a bad vibe. I wonder if B. will agree with me?

GO TED GO !

smuggler
04-21-2013, 06:10 PM
No harm in putting it out there. Hankins or Hunt would probably be my choice to remove. Mostly due to age for Hunt.

ND72
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
1. DJ Fluker
2. Kyle Long
2.Jonathan Hankins
3. Jonathan Franklin
3. Brian Schwenke
4. Dion Sims
5. AJ Klein
6. Jordan Rodgers

Joemailman
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Woody and Bretsky are morally obligated to make their predictions here since they've commented on the picks of others.

As for the rest of you, time is a wastin'. Only 3 days left.

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM

1 Datone Jones....seems like a pretty good fit on the outside for us with big upside
1 John Hankins
1 Tyler Eifert
2 John Jenkings
2 Brandon Williams
2 Philip Thomas
3 Brian Schwenke
3 Travis Frederick (don't like the dude that much but have a feeling)

SWITCHED IT UP A BIT............I could not put Reid in there since I want him and didn't want to jink things. Honorary mention would be Stedman Bailey and Stephan Taylor

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Good Luck Everyone.

My Picks:

1. FS/SS ... Eric Reid, LSU
1. DT... Sylverter Williams, N. Carolina
2. OT... Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

I just saw him interviewed on NFL Access and he's composed;an impressive big young man, an exceptional athlete. Whichever NFL team selects him will have made a smart move.

2. WR ... Quinton Patton, Louisana Tech
3. Center... Barrett Jones, Alabama
3. SS ILB... Jonathan Bostic, Florida
4. 3-4 OLB... Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
5. WR... Josh Boyce, TCU

GO TED GO !

K-town
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
My annual stab at futility:
Round, Player, Position, School:
1 Eric reid, Safety, LSU
1 Menelik Watson, Tackle, FSU
2 Margus Hunt, Defensive end, SMU
2 John Cyprien, Safety, Florida International
3 Montee Ball, Runnin Back, Wisconsin
3 Brian Schwenke, Center, Cal
4 Josh Boyce, Wide receiver, TCU
7 Zach Brown, Kicker, Portland State

DonHutson
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
2nd - Eric Reid (S) LSU
2nd - Margus Hunt (DE) SMU
2nd - Dallas Thomas (OL) Tennessee
3rd - Barrett Jones (OL) Alabama
3rd - Le'Veon Bell (RB) Michigan State
4th - Stepfan Taylor (RB) Stanford
4th - JJ Wilcox (S) - Georgia Southern
5th - Joe Kruger (DE) Utah

Bretsky
04-25-2013, 06:49 AM
UPDATED :OST

1 Datone Jones....seems like a pretty good fit on the outside for us with big upside
1 Tyler Eifert
1 Slyester Williams
2 John Jenkings
2 Brandon Williams
2 Philip Thomas
3 Brian Schwenke
3 David Quessenberry

3irty1
04-25-2013, 07:50 AM
3. Aaron Dobson
4. David Quessenberry
4. Hugh Thornton
5. Josh Boyd
5. Ty Powell
5. Josh Boyce
5. Kyle Juszczyk
5. Miguel Maysonet

woodbuck27
04-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Good Luck Everyone.

My Picks:

1. DT... Jesse Williams, N. Carolina

2. OT... Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

I just saw him interviewed on NFL Access and he's composed;an impressive big young man, an exceptional athlete. Whichever NFL team selects him will have made a smart move.

3. Center ... Barrett Jones, Alabama
3. SILB ... Jonathan Bostic, Florida
4. OLB ... Trevardo Williams, Connecticut
4. SS ... J.J. Wilcox, Georgia Southern
5. WR ... Josh Boyce, TCU
6. RB ... Latavious Murray, Univ. C. Florida

GO TED GO !

Revised ... 25 April, 2013 9 AM ET

Joemailman
04-25-2013, 10:14 PM
UPDATED :OST

1 Tyler Eifert
1 Slyester Williams
2 John Jenkings
2 Brandon Williams
2 Philip Thomas
3 Brian Schwenke
3 David Quessenberry

1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
1. Robert Woods, WR, USC
1. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
2. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
2. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
2. Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
3. Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
3. Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

Bretsky scores 2 points and Packrulz scores 1.

Bretsky
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
It was funny......as I was driving home from a work seminar I text'd a friend that GB was either drafting Eric Reid or Datone Jones tonight. I'm not sure it's good I'm happy with a TT pick. The last 1st I was happy with was AJ Hawk. Generally I hate TT 1st rounders. Now can we go get Brian Schwenke, Monte Ball, Brandon Williams ? lol.....oh...and a safety

3irty1
04-25-2013, 11:02 PM
It was funny......as I was driving home from a work seminar I text'd a friend that GB was either drafting Eric Reid or Datone Jones tonight. I'm not sure it's good I'm happy with a TT pick. The last 1st I was happy with was AJ Hawk. Generally I hate TT 1st rounders. Now can we go get Brian Schwenke, Monte Ball, Brandon Williams ? lol.....oh...and a safety

You'll probably have to be happy with McMillian. That could work out nicely though and should be better than Peprah even if it doesn't.

Bretsky
04-25-2013, 11:04 PM
You'll probably have to be happy with McMillian. That could work out nicely though and should be better than Peprah even if it doesn't.

There may still be a safety left (Swearinger/Thomas) if a DL isn't there for them round two. Realistically I know TT won't take Monte

woodbuck27
04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
There may still be a safety left (Swearinger/Thomas) if a DL isn't there for them round two. Realistically I know TT won't take Monte

B. check out the 'sleeper pick' RB in the Mock that I finally decided to finish. That fricken mock nearly killed me. I worked hard on that and could never ever get it just right. I did have a certain theme in mind as I made the picks and I nearly went 34 DE at #26 and back with DT and Brandon Williams at #55 but we have such need on our OL. I became more and more impresed with (likely NFL ROT) Terron Armstead.

Of late I even saw a Mock with him going to us at #26.

Later...PACKERS !

Bretsky
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM
I saw that, and that was a nice mock. If they don't believe in Sherry as a LT Armstead would be a nice pick.
But I'm becoming more and more sold on Schwenke as a solid building block C for the next ten years.

You leave him there and team him with Sitton, Buluga, Lang, and the next best guy to anhor the line. If LT fails I even think Bulaga could play there. Schwenke adds toughness as well as the mobility to excel in our scheme. And he kicked ass at the Senior Bowl....TT likes that

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
He won't take Monte in round 2, most likely. If he free falls, then TT would at lest consider him.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:13 AM
He won't take Monte in round 2, most likely. If he free falls, then TT would at lest consider him.

what for? lacks toughness and went to wisconsin.

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Pretty sure Monte is tough - at least the kind you want from a RB. He was healthy, at the very least, and that's probably just as important as "tough' for a running back, if not more so.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Pretty sure Monte is tough - at least the kind you want from a RB. He was healthy, at the very least, and that's probably just as important as "tough' for a running back, if not more so.

what about the badgers track record of nfl busts?

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:20 AM
What exactly are you arguing here? I said TT would have to consider him after the 2nd round.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:21 AM
What exactly are you arguing here? I said TT would have to consider him after the 2nd round.

too many badger rb busts.

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Plenty of RB busts to share among all the NCAA schools in rounds 3-7. Doesn't matter the school, other than you have to weigh his college numbers with a grain of salt.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Plenty of RB busts to share among all the NCAA schools in rounds 3-7. Doesn't matter the school, other than you have to weigh his college numbers with a grain of salt.

john clay

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Oh neat. You recalled an irrelevant title from your memory. Cute. Literally every functioning member of the human race and some lesser species can do that. It doesn't serve your point in any way. Stop trolling.

Zool
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Oh neat. You recalled an irrelevant title from your memory. Cute. Literally every functioning member of the human race and some lesser species can do that. It doesn't serve your point in any way. Stop trolling.

Even better yet, let's stop feeding him. Tough sometimes, I know, but we can all do it together.

One love

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM

please look in the mirror before making aquisitions.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Even better yet, let's stop feeding him. Tough sometimes, I know, but we can all do it together.

One love

second the motion

Joemailman
04-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Bretsky scores 2 points and Packrulz scores 1.

Packrulz scores 2 points with Eddie Lacy.

Packrulz 3
Bretsky 2

Joemailman
04-28-2013, 10:15 PM
error

3irty1
04-28-2013, 10:46 PM
I got 2 points. Nailed the Josh Boyd pick.

The Pats got BOTH of my WR though!

Joemailman
04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I got 2 points. Nailed the Josh Boyd pick.

The Pats got BOTH of my WR though!

My bad! You actually got 6 points. 5 for a 5th round pick and 1 for getting the round right. The standings should read:

3irty1 6 Points (Josh Boyd)
ND 72 4 points (Jonathan Franklin)
Packrulz 3 Points (Eddie Lacy 2 points, Datone Jones 1 point)
Bretsky 2 Points (Datone Jones)

Everyone else, thank you for playing.

smuggler
04-29-2013, 04:14 AM

Got all of the rounds right (except for Philip Thomas), but none of them were to us.

3irty1
04-29-2013, 06:39 AM
My bad! You actually got 6 points. 5 for a 5th round pick and 1 for getting the round right. The standings should read:

3irty1 6 Points (Josh Boyd)
ND 72 4 points (Jonathan Franklin)
Packrulz 3 Points (Eddie Lacy 2 points, Datone Jones 1 point)
Bretsky 2 Points (Datone Jones)

Everyone else, thank you for playing.

Oh really? Awesome. I tried to focus on 5th rounders who I thought would fit because that's where we had the comp pick.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Oh really? Awesome. I tried to focus on 5th rounders who I thought would fit because that's where we had the comp pick.

That was smart.

Congratulations 3irty1