PDA

View Full Version : Finley Now Trolling Fans For Good Cause

pbmax
04-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Some people just insist on being sideways in the lineup of life.

Kareem Copeland ‏@kareemcopeland 35m
RT @JermichaelF88: I'll b donating $500 for every dropped pass this season 2 One Fund Boston. Now fans can cheer & boo me @ the same time!

sharpe1027
04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
I wonder how they will determine when a pass is dropped. Does the NFL officially keeps stats on dropped passes?

red
04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
lol

at least he's being a good sport about it

denverYooper
04-18-2013, 10:45 AM
That's pretty cool. And likely a good move to take some of the stress off.

pbmax
04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Kareem Copeland's retweet cutoff a second part of the pledge. Also donating for TDs caught.

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 1h
I'll b donating $500 4 every dropped pass this season 2 One Fund Boston. Now fans can cheer & boo me @ the same time! Also giving $500/TD!

Joemailman
04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I wonder how they will determine when a pass is dropped. Does the NFL officially keeps stats on dropped passes?

I don't know if the NFL does, but other people do.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

The list confirms my opinion that dropped passes are one of the most meaningless of stats. Look at the players on that list. Almost all are among the NFL's top receivers. Receivers who get thrown to a lot are more inclined to have dropped passes. Guys who can't get open don't show up on the list.

By the way, how many of the people who were screaming at Finley for dropped passes were also screaming at Randall Cobb?

gbgary
04-18-2013, 11:38 AM
lol

yup. should only cost him 10-16 thousand total. hey...that would make a good poll or contest..."how much will jfinley donate for drops/tds this year?"

sharpe1027
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't know if the NFL does, but other people do.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Sure, but without an official source, the different sites might have different numbers...or will it be up to Finley to decide...;)

The list confirms my opinion that dropped passes are one of the most meaningless of stats. Look at the players on that list. Almost all are among the NFL's top receivers. Receivers who get thrown to a lot are more inclined to have dropped passes. Guys who can't get open don't show up on the list.

Certainly, I think a more relevant stat is drops as percentage of catches or targets.

By the way, how many of the people who were screaming at Finley for dropped passes were also screaming at Randall Cobb?

I screamed at all players whenever they dropped an easy pass, and then I cheered for them on the next play when they made a catch...:)

smuggler
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Yeah, he'll probably go by the Packer film review.

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
lol

Jaysus red Help us all Mary and Joseph. Can we set up some fund here at Packerrats to fund him a:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB2ahyQgi11UaAN4hmlYFfjhmPsX0XK CZTeXZvqjW-yOGvaNEhavqQod2b

Shrink !?

denverYooper
04-18-2013, 03:10 PM
More like:

http://collider.com/wp-content/image-base/People/D/David_Cross/david_cross_as_tobias_funke_arrested_development.j pg

Fritz
04-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Well, it's a nice gesture, but what a goofy thing to do. If we follow his logic, maybe other players will start donating for every missed tackle, every penalty they commit, every DUI they get, every interception they throw, and maybe - if they're really good - they'll donate if their pad level sucks or their knee bend isn't deep enough.

Joemailman
04-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, it's a nice gesture, but what a goofy thing to do. If we follow his logic, maybe other players will start donating for every missed tackle, every penalty they commit, every DUI they get, every interception they throw, and maybe - if they're really good - they'll donate if their pad level sucks or their knee bend isn't deep enough.

Goofy and maybe a little self-indulgent. Most people who give to charitable causes just send a check or make a payment online and don't try to draw attention to themselves.

run pMc
04-18-2013, 03:56 PM
That's pretty cool. And likely a good move to take some of the stress off.

+1

I like it.

Fritz
04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
We could eradicate cancer in this country if Ben Roethlisberger would donate to charity every time he sexually assaults a woman.

pbmax
04-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Goofy and maybe a little self-indulgent. Most people who give to charitable causes just send a check or make a payment online and don't try to draw attention to themselves.

Maybe, but its pretty common these days (pay for performance charity not self-indulgence). I think Amendola also announced something like this. I am sure more people do it quietly.

Pugger
04-18-2013, 05:35 PM

He might just be trying to improve his public image with fans.

MadtownPacker
04-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Maybe that's why he got the $$$ from TT. Part of the deal is that he has to pay for his drops. :lol:

George Cumby
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
We could eradicate cancer in this country if Ben Roethlisberger would donate to charity every time he sexually assaults a woman.

You're on fire, today. :clap:

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 11:03 PM

Self-indulgent and cheap.

Big fricken' deal. He makes over $ 8 Million $ and he may play so fricken' bad that he'll donate the huge sum of $5 K$ to some needy charity.

Rah! Rah !! Rah !! Jermichael. Your da man !!

Damn it's really hard NOT to get sarcastic some times. This small 'd' dickhead needs 24 hour supervision. He's a tad more than merely 'Goofey'... he'a a write off.

He must be a blast to hang out with. Just don't expect him to pay the bill...buy any drinks.