PDA

View Full Version : GO PACK GO ! ! GO Ted GO !

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 05:22 AM
http://www.briancarriveau.com/pro-football-draft-preview-2013-now-available/

Pro Football Draft Preview 2013 Edition

Editor: Brian Carriveau ... Last publication ... March 2013

Comment woodbuck27:

This Publication is specifically designed for Green Bay Packers fans. Packer fans into the know on the needs of their beloved Green Bay Packers. It deals with Packer primary needs and the draft prospect rankings; specifically for the Packer 3-4 Defense and Spread Offense. Considerable time and effort goes into analyzing these prospects and alot may be here for your understanding in one publication.

Are any of you familiar with this publication; and if so what is your reaction to it?

Analysis and anything 'insider' and the Green Bay Packers. Alot of that is available right here at Packerrats. This rather new publication may/may not, serve you as a complimentry source to Packerrats.

Personally I found it particularly confusing this year to try and predict any reasonable Mock Draft for the Packers. The various Internet Draft Sites offer two/three parts, of a three/four part drama. Added to that the fact that to speculate on this Packer draft is impossible given the way and will of Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson. Even those who have worked with, think they know him, likely don't. As I gleen information on him; I accept that Ted Thompson lives in some different world. I hope it's not too lonely.

This thread isn't just about another Green Bay Packer 'Hopeful' source for the keenest and more casual Packer fan.

This thread is about my relationship as a Packer fan and our teams GM Ted Thompson. I study all I can of Ted Thompson. I've been an analyst and trouble shooter all my life. I want to fix things 'right'. I spent most of my working career in the Canadian Nuclear Power Industry. Working in that field in various capascities. I've been a tecnical/technological instructor. as well as teaching most academic higher levels. One of the things I taught myself was to study the teacher if you desired a high grade. I discovered that could be most successful.

I study Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson with failing success. I want to divert here and concentrate on Packer GM Ted Thompson.

He's a sly... 'older' ... fox. It's been difficult to predict his moves. I've tried with frustration to analyze him from the time he returned to our team from Seattle. He wears the disguise too often of 'no moves'; a best disguise. His ways and personality get to me at times. Particularly that and his penchant to almost completely ignore Free Agency. I'm guilty of frustration/confusion; and at the same time fully realizing that his attutude to Free Agency is correct.

Make no mistake about woodbuck27.

The good fortunes of the NFL team I've loved for almost 55 years, is primarily in Ted Thompson's watch and care. Inspite of the considerable confusion he causes me. I'm like a brother that doesn't always understand my brother and may disagree with, or squabble with him. Watch out if you ever try to harm him.

Ted Thompson is of an age close to mine. Ted Thompson turned 60 years of age this past January 17,1953 (age 60). That makes him 'like me' a Capricorn. My birthday is Dec. 29. Does that explains something about me the Green Bay Packer fan and Ted Thompson? I need to think about that.

TT became our teams GM three days prior to his 52nd birthday, Jan. 14, 2005. He's done overall a very capable job. With the recent loss of members of his draft team. John Schneider GM of the Seattle Seahawks, Reggie McKenzie GM of the Oakland Raiders; and John Dorsey the GM of the Kansas City Chiefs. TT is faced with an even bigger challenge, in this Off Season. As specutively telling as this might be. Packer fans will place full trust in Ted Thompson

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Ted_Thompson.JPG/250px-Ted_Thompson.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Thompson

GO Ted GO !

Pugger
04-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Ted came to GB on my birthday - Jan. 14. I'm one year and 3 days younger than Ted. Being another Capricorn in Teddy I trust.

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Ted came to GB on my birthday - Jan. 14. I'm one year and 3 days younger than Ted. Being another Capricorn in Teddy I trust.

Good Morning Capricorn 'Pugger'. :smile:

Smeefers
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh! Thanks for the link. I was driving through Milwaukee a couple weeks ago and heard this guy on the radio, but couldn't remember the magazine name. It's only like, 7 bucks to get. The guy is a Wisconsin native and he seems pretty knowledgeable.

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh! Thanks for the link. I was driving through Milwaukee a couple weeks ago and heard this guy on the radio, but couldn't remember the magazine name. It's only like, 7 bucks to get. The guy is a Wisconsin native and he seems pretty knowledgeable.

I just was checking out ** a Podcast with Brian Carriveau and a Wisconsin Radio Guy. They discussed this upcoming draft. I also read a chat transcript RE: the Draft:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-nfl-draft-chat-on-monday-afternoon-free-draft-guide-giveaway

Brian Carriveau has definite ideas about our needs. He makes a strong argument for a high pick at Safety with host Jimmie Kaska on the “Water Cooler” at Eau Claire’s 1400 AM WBIZ.

** Here's a LINK:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-draft-podcast-safety-is-green-bays-no-1-need

PACKERS !