PDA

View Full Version : Magical Fairy Dust

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
OK, you have some fairy dust in pouch and you have enough to sprinkle it on 3 Packers currently on the roster. This magical fairy dust will allow those 3 players to not get hurt, heal any current injury and allow them to play at a Pro-Bowl level for the season and throughout the playoffs. Who do you sprinkle?

Guiness
04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Neale, Ravi and a random RB.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Tramontana, Neal, and Sherrod

Zool
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Rodgers, Matthews and Perry

Without the first 2, the Packers are a 7-9 team.

pbmax
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I agree with Zool but if we would be unable to take those who are currently healthy:

Jolly, Bishop and Sherrod.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 10:59 AM
But Zool, if you make Sherrod into a Pro Bowl LT, Rodgers can protect himself. As for Matthews, it's a risk to pump Neal instead, but I'm taking it. As for Tramon, I could be convinced to swap to Perry pretty easily.

Zool
04-23-2013, 11:02 AM
I agree with Zool but if we would be unable to take those who are currently healthy:

Jolly, Bishop and Sherrod.

Oh I didn't read it as guy who are currently a health question mark.

Perry, Sherrod, Bishop. I think better LB play would ease some of the DL issues.

I have this nagging feeling that Sherrod is Harrell 2.0 but I hope I'm wrong. Tons of talent but never healthy.

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2013, 11:05 AM
You can use any player currently on the roster you want. They can be healthy or injured. I just noted that the dust can heal current injuries so that it would open those players up for inclusion.

Patler
04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Rodgers, Matthews and Perry

Without the first 2, the Packers are a 7-9 team.

It doesn't have to be Rodgers or Mathews. It could be BJ Coleman and Micah Johnson, or any other QB and LB on the roster. After all, the magic fairy dust will "allow them to play at a Pro-Bowl level for the season and throughout the playoffs"

In fact, since both Matthews and Rodgers are young, have missed few games and are pro-bowl calibre anyway, I wouldn't waste my magic fairy dust on them. I would use it on a left tackle (doesn't matter who), a D-lineman to start with Pickett and Raji, and a safety to start with Burnett.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
He's only had one injury, though. It just was very severe. Hopefully he can contribute this season, because if not, he's off the team and thus full bust.

3irty1
04-23-2013, 11:48 AM
It doesn't have to be Rodgers or Mathews. It could be BJ Coleman and Micah Johnson, or any other QB and LB on the roster. After all, the magic fairy dust will "allow them to play at a Pro-Bowl level for the season and throughout the playoffs"

In fact, since both Matthews and Rodgers are young, have missed few games and are pro-bowl calibre anyway, I wouldn't waste my magic fairy dust on them. I would use it on a left tackle (doesn't matter who), a D-lineman to start with Pickett and Raji, and a safety to start with Burnett.

I think it matters who, you'd want to take advantage of the healing powers of the dust.

Sherrod, Worthy, Starks

Did nobody else pick a RB?

pbmax
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Sherrod is a huge question mark but unlike a back injury, there would seem to be a point where a broken leg, even with nerve damage, gets healthy enough to go full speed.

Somehow arguing for his ascendancy based PURELY on the fact that talent-wise he would be the biggest upgrade the O line could get from current personnel has me rooting like crazy for him. And that from someone who was not clamoring to draft him. He seemed like a fine choice but not quite Raji or Matthews in terms of need or immediate fit. In fact, the closest comparable reaction to his selection was Rodgers or Nelson. "We have one already and sure we could use a backup, but with THIS pick?"

pbmax
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Perry, Sherrod, Bishop. I think better LB play would ease some of the DL issues.

I have this nagging feeling that Sherrod is Harrell 2.0 but I hope I'm wrong. Tons of talent but never healthy.

No, no. I don't think Craig meant to limit it. But if you ensure healthy players, then the dynamic and rich duo take the top spots every time.

BTW, Starks is a nice call 3irty1.

Patler
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I think it matters who, you'd want to take advantage of the healing powers of the dust.

Sherrod, Worthy, Starks

I debated with myself, RB vs safety as the third pick. Decided to go with defense

Fritz
04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
If the fairy dust prevents injury and results in pro-bowl play.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbnTD3vDfVI4rP2QUEjM1GBKxglPf7K nCzYYTlrgrSOmdIYhuWpA

Sherrod, Neal, Alex Green

Guiness
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Sherrod, Worthy, Starks

I did, but didn't specify which one. It doesn't matter, I was happy enough with Benson's play at the start of last year! Speaking of which, I wonder if he'll be back in camp this year? I'd kinda like to use Benson to beat Chicago twice this year.

I also didn't use the fairy dust on Rodger and Mathews, because one of its properties is Pro-Bowl level play. Those two are already there, so it would be a waste. Plus, them at Pro Bowl level got us into the second round of the playoffs...3 more guys at that level gets us where we really want to be.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 02:03 PM
That was my thinking, Guiness, Re: ARod and Matthews. Besides, making Sherry into a Pro-Bowler has the side effect of protecting the QB.

red
04-23-2013, 04:43 PM

Frig off bubbles

Neal, perry, and sherrod
I'm not worried about bishop being injury prone yet

Joemailman
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Sherrod, Tramon and Bishop.

Bolsters the offensive line, gives the Packers an outstanding trio of CB's, and gives the defense their most violent player back.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
If we had Pro Bowl players at LT, OLB opposite Matthews, and RDE, we'd probably be Super Bowl favorites, so I'll pick Newhouse, Perry, and Neal.

Smeefers
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Tramon Williams is first on the list. Dude was turning into a top CB in the league and then took a nose dive, I believe, due to his injury. Second would be Jolly. That dude was a beast in the middle. Swatted balls, sacks, stuffing the run. He had it all. Stupid mistakes most likely cost him a lot of that ability. If you don't keep at it, you loose it.

Man, now I have to break from the norm. Crosby looked like he was turning into a great kicker a couple years ago. Then the funk hit him and he's played like garbage. If we had a kicker who could win a game with a 50+ yarder on the team would be invaluable.

Carolina_Packer
04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Sherrod...so he can realize his potential as a first rounder and help protect A-Rod's blind-side. That would cure a lot of A-Rod's sack woes. Newhouse is doing his best playing out of position and he's probably really a backup.

DuJuan Harris...if that kid was a Pro Bowl level talent, holy cow! He's got quicks and I love what he brought to the table late last year. At a Pro Bowl level, this kid could drive a defense nuts. A quality run game would also be a friend to A-Rod's sack woes.

Neal...again, like Sherrod, he has not had a chance to realize his potential, but if he was supposed to be Cullen Jenkins's replacement, it hasn't happened yet, and he was a big reason for the defense's success in 2010.

Retroactive Honorable Mention...Nick Collins...wish that dude was still ballin' for the Pack and had a lifetime supply of pixie dust. The Pack misses him big time.

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
D. Sherrod; B. Bulaga and D. Bishop.

If there was just a smidgeon left over... I'd make Jordy Nelson snort it.

Upnorth
04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
On the oline center is by far our biggest problem. Not as important as lt but far greater weakness. Next I would do Jolly, improve the dl and the rest of the d will look better. Next is the rb safety debate. I'm leaning towards rb for better balance and having a pb rb with arod and our receivers would give MM his game plan back.
Fwiw my center selection is based off bulaga coming back so I might be cheating