PDA

View Full Version : All you legal minds

Tony Oday
08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Well just got a phone call from my buddy that he got an open container violation in Wisconsin, he lives in MN. He is on unsupervised probation because of a DUI in Minnesota. Does that cross state lines? Does it go on your driving record? he was the passenger.

I have no idea I said he is f'd and get ready for some jail time shooter...then I told him I would find out :) Im a mean lil guy.

KYPack
08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Well just got a phone call from my buddy that he got an open container violation in Wisconsin, he lives in MN. He is on unsupervised probation because of a DUI in Minnesota. Does that cross state lines? Does it go on your driving record? he was the passenger.

I have no idea I said he is f'd and get ready for some jail time shooter...then I told him I would find out :) Im a mean lil guy.

Got a guy in a similar situation. He might be able to help your pal. Have him call Koren Robinson. He's facing a similar beef in Minn right now.

Have your pal call a criminal attorney in Minn.

He's got a misdemeanor case in WI that doesn't affect his driving record. I doubt he gets anything out of it. States don't tend to check out of State misdemeanors, but he should check

Tony Oday
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
thats what I thought but I was just wondering...and yeah I was thinking the KoRo case but man that had a TON of press on it. My bussy is a tech guy at Wells Fargo not a 1st string WR ;)

KYPack
08-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Tell yer pal to slow down.

2 alchohol busts in cars in 2 States is nature's way of telling you to back off the sauce!

If he's a queens fan, tell 'im to keep rockin'!

Tony Oday
08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
I can understand it was up at the cabin got a roadie sodie back to the cabin with a bunch of family. There was a sober cab and it is in the middle of nowhere.

KYPack
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I can understand it was up at the cabin got a roadie sodie back to the cabin with a bunch of family. There was a sober cab and it is in the middle of nowhere.

You saucin' now?

That explanation doesn't make sense dere, Tony.

"There was a sober cab" ? WTF?

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM

It's one of those..."Oh... what rotten luck" thangs.

I hope "shit like that".... doesn't bring him to his knee's?

The Trooper.... was a little too much.... trooper.

Rotten LUCK on your Bud Tony. :cool:

SkinBasket
08-23-2006, 01:47 PM

No offense to Tony, but his friends problems have a lot less to do with luck than they do mental retardation in the self preservation area of the brain. After a DUI he couldn't manage to not do anything stupid involving cars and alcohol for the duration of his "probation?"

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 02:29 PM

No offense to Tony, but his friends problems have a lot less to do with luck than they do mental retardation in the self preservation area of the brain. After a DUI he couldn't manage to not do anything stupid involving cars and alcohol for the duration of his "probation?"

Yaa but Skinbasket he wasn't driving...

and they were supposedly, back in "the sticks"...

OK.... advise him to move to Canada....

where it's OK to relax "a wee bit"... :mrgreen:

skinbasket:

The stories I could tell you of some of the escapades I've had with Bud's - on hunting, fishing, camping etc. trips, would help you to understand the difference between me "the Canuck" and ... well maybe you get my drift?

I am a LAW abiding Citizen... but Jaysus you have to cut loose once in awhile... and an open container (beer bottle/can?)

He should have dumped the contents for sure....spill it...

Now.... certainly.... your point is correct "extremely well made...

- Bang On - 100%" ..... but that fella(Tony's Bud, was merely being human .... making a stupid mistake ...YES !!

I'm just the sort to feel his LUCK was bad....did we hear the real story? It sounds preposterous.

DUMP THE DAM BEER !!!!

Tony Oday
08-23-2006, 02:40 PM
im not condoning it. He had a guy that was sober that was operating the motor vehicle. Got pulled over. He had an open container in the vehicle as a passenger. Got a nice ticket :)

He wasnt driving down 94 or anything he was on a dirt road back in the sticks.

SkinBasket
08-23-2006, 02:55 PM
im not condoning it. He had a guy that was sober that was operating the motor vehicle. Got pulled over. He had an open container in the vehicle as a passenger. Got a nice ticket :)

I know you're not condoning it by any means. I think I just take DUIs more seriously than most, so when someone gets cut some slack after one, then finds trouble again - no matter how "unlucky," I can't really summon up any sympathy if he has to spend some time rethinking things in a little room or without a license.

I'm not sure how a passenger gets busted for OI anyway. Couldn't he put it under the seat or in his pants or something... anything? Did he not try to hide it? Certainly there wasn't a reason to search the vehicle, unless you forgot to mention the part about them fleeing the scene of an exploded meth lab.

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 03:00 PM

Your Bud had rotten ...terrible LUCK ...but he should not have been holding a container with alcohol beverage in it, when the Fuzz came down on the vehicle.

He got "a tad foolish" there Tony. What was he thinking.... ?

Tony Oday
08-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Well I dont think he WAS thinking :) he got the OI because he had a cup with a drink in it that was the dirty inch. Basically he told me that he had finished the drink while getting into the car and wasnt going to litter in a the bar paarking lot because he has known the owner for as long as he has been alive so he brought it in the car and put it on the floor.

Oh and on his lil DUI he spent time in a small room lost his DL and was put on 2 years of probation. Hes not the brightest!

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Well I dont think he WAS thinking :) he got the OI because he had a cup with a drink in it that was the dirty inch. Basically he told me that he had finished the drink while getting into the car and wasnt going to litter in a the bar paarking lot because he has known the owner for as long as he has been alive so he brought it in the car and put it on the floor.

Oh and on his lil DUI he spent time in a small room lost his DL and was put on 2 years of probation. Hes not the brightest!

DAM !!

:idea: Tell him to smarten up. :mrgreen:

That's what Friends are for. Now there's another song...

GrnBay007
08-23-2006, 09:05 PM

All states are different. Big thing may depend on the proximity. Some states share information with areas close to the bordering state. If he was pretty far away from the area he's on probation I highly doubt he's got anything to worry about. Esp. being an unsupervised probation.

Fosco33
08-23-2006, 10:45 PM

Sorry man, that's a tough one for your buddy. Some say slow down, I say be smarter. Getting a DUI isn't smart (I got out of one w/ a abs sobriety @18) but the open container is lame for a passenger.

He should try and get a reduced sentence or plead no contest to some less. It will be on his record - likely a simple misdemeanor but w/ a felony it probably isn't good for his job/probation in MN - time to get a real lawyer.

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM

Sorry man, that's a tough one for your buddy. Some say slow down, I say be smarter. Getting a DUI isn't smart (I got out of one w/ a abs sobriety @18) but the open container is lame for a passenger.

He should try and get a reduced sentence or plead no contest to some less. It will be on his record - likely a simple misdemeanor but w/ a felony it probably isn't good for his job/probation in MN - time to get a real lawyer.

I hope that noone on this forum has suffered the pain or more... than I have experienced... "in regards to the carelessness of another", ignoring the hazards of DUI.

That carelessness, on that man's behalf, causing the worst destruction in other's lives, the death of a loved one... striking a teen/child's life from those who adored her. Because he chose to ignore or chance... DUI.

I hope that the next time you are tested as to what to do on the DUI question.

You will think of the worst consequences and pain that other's have endured because some chose chance (stupidity) over DUI.

Think of MADD. Think of your children ,your siblings/close friends children.

Please don't DUI. Please don't allow anyone to DUI and if you have the power to stop him/her... use it !!

That is ALL your right/duty.

Otherwise... you share any blame as a result of consequences.

Help stop... DUI. PLease.

My name is Ed.

Fosco33
08-24-2006, 09:12 PM

I hope that noone on this forum has suffered the pain or more... than I have experienced... "in regards to the carelessness of another", ignoring the hazards of DUI.

That carelessness, on that man's behalf, causing the worst destruction in other's lives, the death of a loved one... striking a teen/child's life from those who adored her. Because he chose to ignore or chance... DUI.

I hope that the next time you are tested as to what to do on the DUI question.

You will think of the worst consequences and pain that other's have endured because some chose chance (stupidity) over DUI.

Think of MADD. Think of your children ,your siblings/close friends children.

Please don't DUI. Please don't allow anyone to DUI and if you have the power to stop him/her... use it !!

That is ALL your right/duty.

Otherwise... you share any blame as a result of consequences.

Help stop... DUI. PLease.

My name is Ed.

Very true, WB - tough lessons that no one can really understand but must learn/teach from... I know once I got caught young (w/o an accident) that it was probably just a matter of time and circumstance 'til something bad happened. Take a cab - call someone - pass out in the bar/street - but don't drive or be a passenger of a 'good' drunk driver.

And that's not enough - get off the damn cell phones while driving - it's the same part of the brain affected by alcohol. If you see some dumbass driving - they usually have a phone attached to their head. Politely drive around these people and give them the fake telephone sign (think surfer sign - hang ten like...). Your call/etc is not that important - we survived w/o them for plenty of decades. If you really need to use it - get in the slow lane on the freeway and pay focused attention or just pull over on a sidestreet. Your convience causes frustration and accidents.

I'm ranting :neutral: