PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver Interview

Patler
04-24-2013, 03:48 AM
On WTMJ yesterday. Main points:

- Announced new local charity effort (I missed the details).
- Will always be around WI. His home for a long time.
- Too many athletes ignore where they played after they retire. He won't.
- Will keep softball game. Hopes to make it retired players vs current players next year. Will ask Favre to play if he does.
- Told TT he will continue to train for football all off season and during the year. Will be ready to step in if injuries hit the WRs.in 2013.
- After 1 year will stop training for football, and will convert to normal conditioning.
- Not likely to return for any Dancing With the Stars tournament of Champions if asked to. Satisfied with the one experience at it.

My thoughts:

Quite a guy, really.
Interesting idea for the softball game, retired vs. current
Driver very well could be the guy to reunite Favre and GB.

Kiwon
04-24-2013, 06:23 AM
DD has what many pro athletes apparently don't - brains.

He has benefitted personally and professionally by being connected to his team and sport so why should it end after retirement? He will accomplish his humanitarian goals and also continue to benefit himself by simply being involved in the community. Packer fans will revere him for it. Why not stretch your public notoriety from 14 years to 50 years and do a lot of good along the way?

If he and his family are happy in the area, why leave?

DD reuniting Favre and the Pack? I don't know. Does anyone really understand Favre or have his ear? Can anyone help him reign in his ego? Don't let the Wranglers and lawn tractors fool you.

Patler
04-24-2013, 07:27 AM
If he and his family are happy in the area, why leave?

Just to be clear, I don't think he still lives in GB, because he said he will be back often. He actually said what you did, that the team, city, state and fans are responsible for everything he has, and he will never forget it.

smuggler
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
If I were a player, I'd strive to be the kind of person on and off the field that Driver is.

Re: Driver's readiness. Hopefully we don't need him, but it's a nice sentiment regardless.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
DD, a champion in every way!

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Donald Driver is really very exceptional. The Green Bay Packer Organization has been so fortunate to have him. We the Packer fans enjoyed such a treat in Donald Driver. He should be the Official team spokesperson as teams in the NHL adopt. ie The Montreal Canadians and Jean Beliveau >>> Guy LaFleur.

I'm so happy I decided to pull for him right from the get-go!

I love that man. Who could resist that awesome smile and heart that I believe finds the right in anything.

Donald Driver. Ehh ! Ehh!! Ehh !!!