PDA

View Full Version : Sherrod Report? Bulaga? Perry?

Fritz
04-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Given posters' responses to the "magic fairy dust" thread, many people think (as I do) that Derrick Sherrod might be the key to the draft and perhaps a key to the season.

I know the Packers had some offseason conditioning thing in mid-April. Have there been any reports on Sherrod's health since then?

And how about Bulaga's health?

And how about reports on Nick Perry's wrist? And what weight he's at now? I'd like to see him drop a few pounds and work on his coverage skills and sack moves.

But if the Packers think Sherrod is going to be healthy, and Bulaga too, then they might be less inclined to draft an OT in the first round, no?

What's the report on the health front? Anyone know?

Shoal
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
This is exactly what TT wants everyone to know....which is nothing when going into the draft.

Fritz
04-24-2013, 03:17 PM
You are correct. But I hoped someone had seen a tidbit from a local writer, or someone knew someone who knew someone who knew the bartender who served the assistant to the assistant offensive line coach drinks one night, or something.

In part, I'm thinking that this year's success is much more dependent upon the health and improved play of Sherrod, Neal, and Perry than it is upon any rookie who is drafted this April.

If those three come through in spades, it won't matter if Ted drafts a bunch of turnips next week. At least it won't matter this season.

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Given posters' responses to the "magic fairy dust" thread, many people think (as I do) that Derrick Sherrod might be the key to the draft and perhaps a key to the season.

I know the Packers had some offseason conditioning thing in mid-April. Have there been any reports on Sherrod's health since then?

And how about Bulaga's health?

And how about reports on Nick Perry's wrist? And what weight he's at now? I'd like to see him drop a few pounds and work on his coverage skills and sack moves.

But if the Packers think Sherrod is going to be healthy, and Bulaga too, then they might be less inclined to draft an OT in the first round, no?

What's the report on the health front? Anyone know?

It's getting so that accurate info. on an injury status is like a wife trying to pry into her man's past sexual history.To go there is really dumb.

" Ohh Dear. All that was so dull before you."

Fritz
04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

I do believe strongly that if they draft an offensive tackle in rounds one or two, they do not think Sherrod will ever start for them.

hoosier
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Sherrod's injury was a horrible thing and it's possible he never comes back from it. But at this point, even if his rehab were going slower than hoped for, could anyone really say for certain that he would never play again? It took Flanagan two full years to come back from his major leg injury, and I doubt things looked good for him 16 months after the break. If the Packers take an OT in the first two rounds, that says to me that they have doubts about Sherrod (but who doesn't?) but, more importantly, that the OT was the highest ranked player on their board.

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

I do believe strongly that if they draft an offensive tackle in rounds one or two, they do not think Sherrod will ever start for them.

TT might simply be looking for an upgrade at RT.

ie Terron Armstead. That fella looks like he has it. He's very athletic and big. STRONG. For a man his size he can sure boogie. He's a personable and bright fella as well.

I hopr that TT goes for him if available at Pick #55. He might take a year or so to develop; but he certainly appears to have a solid work ethic.

GO TED GO !

Fritz
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I would agree except that they've got two very recent #1 picks who were tackles and were both hurt. Can a team really afford to keep spending #1 picks at the same position over and over?

And I am reminded just now that the last three Packers' #1 picks all were out for much or all of last year due to injury.

Can you say snakebit? Did any other team have its last three number one picks miss that much time last year?

K-town
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Can a team really afford to keep spending #1 picks at the same position over and over?

Hello, Detroit Lions wide receiving corps.

Fritz
04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Well, then maybe the answer is "no, not if you're a shitty GM."

pbmax
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
McCarthy was far more pawsitive about Bulaga than Sherrod. Bulaga himself thought he could be ready for camp I believe.

Go here: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5693/bryan-bulaga and view the Jan 14th update. I know of nothing newer.

Have not seen a prognosis on Sherrod except that they have not ruled him out for OTA participation.

Perry I have heard nothing. But he was still among the living as of Jan 27th

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBp5F8DCYAA3wB4.jpg:large

pbmax
04-24-2013, 04:23 PM
And on Jan 26 he still had a brace:

Nick Perry ‏@NickTheGreat8 29 Jan
@jasonjwilde Brace, almost there!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBlBpNnCUAAXx5p.jpg:large

Joemailman
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm pretty sure I read MM saying Perry is good to go.

Fritz
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I would be concerned at this lack of news except as a few people have pointed out, it could be that they want to hide their draft intentions by not sharing health information.

Nick Perry does not look as big as you'd think he would.

Zool
04-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I would be concerned at this lack of news except as a few people have pointed out, it could be that they want to hide their draft intentions by not sharing health information.

Nick Perry does not look as big as you'd think he would.

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20120719&Category=PKR01&ArtNo=120719090&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Green-Bay-Packers-linebacker-corps-counting-on-Perry-to-make-transition