Badgepack
08-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Anyone watching this, I think it's pretty cool,
The house band is amazing.

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Anyone watching this, I think it's pretty cool,
The house band is amazing.

It's on this evening. I've been watching it. It's decent.

Here's a link to the official WebSite.

Only 7 Contestants remain. Brook Burke "the Host" announced today,

S u p e r n o v a ....will be selecting the winner in just three weeks time.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star2/

CaptainKickass
08-24-2006, 05:46 PM
It sucks.

All I get out of that band is how much they want to overdecorate themselves. Nothing but Ego talking all the time, from the band and the contestants. Everyone trying to have that "Hollywood" image.

The house band is typical "hired gun" studio musicians. I find it really interesting that the ACTUAL band doesn't have the balls to play whatever songs the contestants are singing. It'd be like Green Bay having a contest for a new quarterback after Favre retires but they never get to play with the ACTUAL packers until after they win. That's just stupid.

I saw the episode where the ACTUAL band played one of their songs as a special treat for the audience and it sucked. 4 bars of this 4 bars of that chorus, solo 4 bars of redundancy, and then 4 more bars repeated. Terrible songwriting with nothing even interesting in the arrangement. Not even a cool transition.

Additionally the "rest" of the ACTUAL band do all the writing and recording and then whomever wins gets to go in and lay down vocal tracks with no say or vote in the actual writing process. This = Lame.

Another reality show that gives reality a bad frickin' name.

The Captain

p.s. Brooke Burke is the only reason to watch.