PDA

View Full Version : Who is TT taking with his first pick? Nut up or shut up

Cheesehead Craig
04-24-2013, 08:56 PM
So we've seen the mocks, read the posts where posters think it could be one of several players, commented they would be happy with several others but given the draft is less than 24 hours away it's time to state who you think TT is going to pick with his first pick.

You don't have to come up with any elaborate trade scenario or give any real reason for your pick, you can if you want to though. For trading down, feel free to say he's trading into the early second and will take so-and-so. If you think he's trading up just say so and who he's taking. If staying put, note that and say who the pick is. That simple.

So time to stop hemming and hawing and just nut up or shut up.

Here's mine:

TT will stay put and take - Datone Jones, DE UCLA

Joemailman
04-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame

Green Bud Packer
04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Eddie Lacy

mission
04-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Eddie Lacy

+1

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame

hate to agree, but I agree

smuggler
04-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Trade down.!?

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Trade down.!?

I think there are about 20 GM's who'd like to trade down the way this talent is stacked tomorrow

It would be interesting......if we watch the draft for three and a half hours....only to see TT trade out of round one so we don't even get to see GB pick Thursday

Would anybody be disappointed ? I'd be elated

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2013, 11:12 PM
DL Jesse Williams, Alabama

I like Eric Reid, but from what I read some teams like him higher than the Packers pick while others downgraded him because of injury concerns. It's hard to predict where the Packers stand on him.

Joemailman
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I think there are about 20 GM's who'd like to trade down the way this talent is stacked tomorrow

It would be interesting......if we watch the draft for three and a half hours....only to see TT trade out of round one so we don't even get to see GB pick Thursday

Would anybody be disappointed ? I'd be elated

I'd be happy with it. I think the 36th best player is as good as the 26th.

rbaloha1
04-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Manti Teo

wist43
04-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Datone Jones

woodbuck27
04-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Manti Teo

Good choice unless TT bypass's him in this scenario. Minny goes DT Sylvester Williams and WR at Picks #23 and #25. Indy goes 3-4 DE and the perfect fit... Datone Jones.

So Manti Te'o drops to pick #26.

Packer Nation becomes possibly.... very anxious. It gets tough then but I think if it plays out that way:

TT will take..and my guess is that Tyler Eifert will go well before Pick #26.

TT will pick 3-4 DT Jesse Williams of Alabama. He's not 100% I understand but he should be fine. He works hard. He's very strong. We need help big time on our DL but we shouldn't expect that Jesse Williams will step right into the NFL? I think he needs time to develop. He would most likely be someone to use to spell the regular guys this season as he grows.

TT will pick ... Jesse Williams.

PACKERS !

Tony Oday
04-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Bob Johnson WR Wyoming Christian Des Moines Campus. Solid starter for 10 years the signs with the Vikings...

pbmax
04-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Trade down then: David Pawelek, TE, Colorado School of Mines

If we aren't allowed to trade down, then Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Badgerinmaine
04-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama.

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 08:18 AM
On-board with Sylvester Williams. Never watched him but based on the description of being a one gap penetrator imo would be a good fit in redesigning the defensive line.

I would also trade Raji and load up on more d-linemen. Move Pickett back to nose guard.

3irty1
04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I'll say Dwayne Gratz, CB UCONN

denverYooper
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Jonathan Jenkins.

Just 'cuz Red loves him so much.

Joemailman
04-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Jonathan Jenkins.

Just 'cuz Red loves him so much.

Maybe they'll give him the locker next to Jarrett Bush.

OS PA
04-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Justin Hunter? I have a feeling this will be a groaner, "why did we pick another..." pick.

denverYooper
04-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Justin Hunter? I have a feeling this will be a groaner, "why did we pick another..." pick.

No way man. We're getting a difference maker with upside. A guy who can step in right away and play. Someone with all of the intangibles.

OS PA
04-25-2013, 06:27 PM
No way man. We're getting a difference maker with upside. A guy who can step in right away and play. Someone with all of the intangibles.

I was joking a bit with the pick, but Hunter really is one of those upside players in this draft. Just watch his video. On the other hand, I really hope TT picks for a position of need. I do hope Sly Williams is still available though.

red
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM
i'm gonna go ILB, we don't have a backup now that we cut smith, and hawk is replaceable next season

so, teo, if he slips, or minter. i don't see TT drafting ogletree because of all the baggage

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 06:51 PM
i'm gonna go ILB, we don't have a backup now that we cut smith, and hawk is replaceable next season

so, teo, if he slips, or minter. i don't see TT drafting ogletree because of all the baggage

teo would be awesome. watching the hawaii stuff on the nfl network is giving me chicken skin.

defending the catfish stuff on this board is going to take reckless abandon -- which i am prepared to do

Badgepack
04-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Margus Hunt -SMU

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Margus Hunt -SMU

yup. trade raji and move pickett to ng.

Fritz
04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Sylvester Williams, please.

Or trade back and get another third.

RashanGary
04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
When Mike Mayock says a guy can play press coverage, understands and plays zone coverage, tackles, and is physically gifted like Milliner, I gotta think he's going to be a helluva player. What else is there besides man, zone and tackling for a corner? Doesn't bother me that he doesn't have ball skills. If he can shut down his side of the field and play all variations of coverage, he helps you keep your playbook open. It sucks to be a team (like us) that can't play zone coverage without getting shredded or a team that can't play man. You have to be able to mix it up. Miliner looks awesome to me.

DonHutson
04-25-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm feeling one of those off the grid WTF picks:

Dallas Thomas (OL) Tennessee

Ted'll like him because he's a 4 year starter from the SEC who could play 4 positions on the line. The live audience will boo, Mel Kiper will give it a C+, the USA Today will give it a D, most people will bitch and complain that Ted could've taken him in the 4th round because their mailman's dog walker's mock draft picked him there... an most likely he'll be 10 year starter.

Jimx29
04-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Montee Ball.

Was set on Eddie Lacy for quite awhile, but something tells me.....

pbmax
04-25-2013, 09:04 PM
nm

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Datone Jones

Wist called it.

pbmax
04-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I can't believe RBs and the Colorado School of Mines were shut out of the first round.

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Wist called it.

I called it first at the start of the thread. #thankyouverymuch

Freak Out
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM

You nailed it!

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2013, 12:11 AM

YEah, but you won't bitch about the pick like Wist.
:)

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
You nailed it!

mcginn nailed it before all you guys

smuggler
04-26-2013, 12:47 AM
That means in his next article he'll be embarrassing himself in the land of speculation and conjecture, if not the buying a penthouse apartment in the heart of downtown Flat-out-wrong.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 12:49 AM
That means in his next article he'll be embarrassing himself in the land of speculation and conjecture, if not the buying a penthouse apartment in the heart of downtown Flat-out-wrong.

what is this entire board about?

bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

smuggler
04-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Why do you keep posting McGinn's email address? If you're trying to be nerd-cool, at least throw a hash tag up or something.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Why do you keep posting McGinn's email address? If you're trying to be nerd-cool, at least throw a hash tag up or something.

because you experts keep doubting him -- so e-mail him your brilliant manifestos for feedback.

no hash tag for posters like you

smuggler
04-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Why would I give him feedback? Why should I spend time and effort to improve McGinn's work?

The fact that you compare McGinn to amateurs (like those of us here, yourself included) makes my point for me. Stop posting his email like a trolling fucktard. kthx

While you're at it, here's a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionary

McGinn has his moments, but first and foremost, he's an entertainer in an entertainment industry. He will write things he knows to be incorrect or misleading if it bumps his pagecounts. Most reasonable people understand that and will try to operate under a criteria to discern which articles are useful and which are for the plebs who jam their index fingers at two joints while slamming the panic button.

The fact that he gets paid money for his connections really don't matter to me in the slightest. Pro-Tip: He is not a scout and he doesn't know which of his scout buddies are good and which are shitty.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Why would I give him feedback? Why should I spend time and effort to improve McGinn's work?

The fact that you compare McGinn to amateurs (like those of us here, yourself included) makes my point for me. Stop posting his email like a trolling fucktard. kthx

dude, send your stuff so he can critique you. trust me the only thing you are improving is brown material.

shall keep posting stuff until you cease from foul language. is past your bedtime -- good night.

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:06 AM
As a noted shitposter and troll, I don't think I'll trust you on a damn thing. If it's past bedtime then go the fuck to sleep. Bitch.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:08 AM
As a noted shitposter and troll, I don't think I'll trust you on a damn thing. If it's past bedtime then go the fuck to sleep. Bitch.

thank you for demonstrating your brillance

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Let me help you out there, sport.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/26/go-the-fuck-to-sleep.jpg

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Let me help you out there, sport.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/26/go-the-fuck-to-sleep.jpg

trying to be funny?

woodbuck27
04-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Sylvester Williams, please.

Or trade back and get another third.

I think that TT missed that one Fritz. I really felt he was going to be another half of another 'Williams Wall'.

Your theere and faced with Datone Jones and Sylvester Williams and all the crap we see on our DL. Plus the fact that five contracts on that DL are up this year; and you ignore DT Sylvester Williams. WOW !!

I don't know. I'm just a fan. :?

I also had Datone Jones going to Indy. Howie Long's son 'Kyle', jumping into round one before we picked...who predicted that?

Four CB's going before we got down to our #26!? That surprized me.

PACKERS !

smuggler
04-26-2013, 01:30 AM
The book helps people like me deal with obstinate sharts like you. Comedy, likewise, is a method for dealing with things that are terrible. Such as you, rbaloha1. You are horbz.

wist43
04-26-2013, 03:22 AM

Like Punxsutawney Phil, seer of seers, prognosticator of all prognosticators - can't imagine what the others were thinking :cnf:

wist43
04-26-2013, 03:40 AM
YEah, but you won't bitch about the pick like Wist.
:)

lol :lol:

Well, I'm not so much bitching as getting past my initial temper tantrum... when I first looked at Jones I thought he was great - when you watch the highlight reel; but when you watch a lot of the game tape, he did seem to take plays off, or at least allow himself to be taken out of the play... he seemed to wear down. I thought that he played heavier during the season than he showed up at the Senior Bowl.

If he was 280 at the Senior Bowl, I don't think he should try to add too much more weight. I think he plays with good leverage and can survive at 5T.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Like Punxsutawney Phil, seer of seers, prognosticator of all prognosticators - can't imagine what the others were thinking :cnf:

Truly they don't know the great football minds they are in the prescence of.

We have to include Bretsky as well as he nailed it in another thread that I didn't see.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
The book helps people like me deal with obstinate sharts like you. Comedy, likewise, is a method for dealing with things that are terrible. Such as you, rbaloha1. You are horbz.

suggest using your palm with jelly.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
lol :lol:

Well, I'm not so much bitching as getting past my initial temper tantrum... when I first looked at Jones I thought he was great - when you watch the highlight reel; but when you watch a lot of the game tape, he did seem to take plays off, or at least allow himself to be taken out of the play... he seemed to wear down. I thought that he played heavier during the season than he showed up at the Senior Bowl.

If he was 280 at the Senior Bowl, I don't think he should try to add too much more weight. I think he plays with good leverage and can survive at 5T.

no way -- needs to be at least 295 or else is just a rush end