PDA

View Full Version : BOB MCGINNS MOCK DRAFT..........

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/mock25-7c9mttd-204600961.html

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if it went down like this. I think there will be very good DL talent in round 2/3.
Guys he predicts to be picked ahead of us that I'd love to see in Green Bay and I think have a decent chance to fall to 26 are

Eric Reid
Jarvis Jones
DJ Fluker (althogh I'd prefer to wait til round 3 for OL)
Datone Jones

I do think Ogeltree is made for the Bears.........as well as either Frederick or Schwenke.....and I have the funny feeling Monte Ball is going to be a Pittsburg Steeler and thrive there

Joemailman
04-24-2013, 10:54 PM
McGinn is one of the best at this. I hope he's right about Sylvester Williams being available here. Mayock has the Vikings taking Williams at #25. I might be throwing things if that happens.

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Is Sylvester Williams really that much better than the other pluggers who will be there in round 2 ?
That is why I'd much prefer a DE like Jones or a safety like Reid. I think those posltions will be far more dry

Trade down.....that is the ideal setup...however....I truly believe the line will be LONG for GM's looking to trade out of round one with some desperate yahoo like the Bills to draft a QB.

When the line is long, the Bills have the leverage of lowballing

Joemailman
04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if it went down like this. I think there will be very good DL talent in round 2/3.
Guys he predicts to be picked ahead of us that I'd love to see in Green Bay and I think have a decent chance to fall to 26 are

Eric Reid
Jarvis Jones
DJ Fluker (althogh I'd prefer to wait til round 3 for OL)
Datone Jones

I do think Ogeltree is made for the Bears.........as well as either Frederick or Schwenke.....and I have the funny feeling Monte Ball is going to be a Pittsburg Steeler and thrive there

He has Datone Jones still available when the Packers pick. I would rather have Williams myself, with the future of Pickett and Raji uncertain.

Bretsky
04-24-2013, 11:04 PM
He has Datone Jones still available when the Packers pick. I would rather have Williams myself, with the future of Pickett and Raji uncertain.

If Reid is off the board, my bias would be Datone Jones and then come back in round 2 and grab Brandon Williams. We need to let some of these hacks go that have been taking up roster spots on the DL and let some true talent fight it out. Part of this draft will be preparing for the loss of B.J. Raji.

rbaloha1
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Teo

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
I'd rather have either Williams (prefer Sylvester, but there's a good chance he'll be gone) over Jones. And I'd be okay with two DL early in the draft. By this time next year, the only current DL on our roster may be Daniels and Worthy (assuming he recovers from his injury). Pickett will be 34, Raji could be a FA, Jolly could be back in jail, Neal could be injured again.

wist43
04-25-2013, 01:20 AM
I'd rather have either Williams over Jones. And I'd be okay with two DL early in the draft. By this time next year, the only current DL on our roster may be Daniels and Worthy (assuming he recovers from his injury). Pickett will be 34, Raji could be a FA, Jolly could be back in jail, Neal could be injured again.

TT had this reality staring him in the face 2 drafts ago and he drafted 1 defensive lineman in the 7th round (Lawrence Guy). We got Cobb in the second, Green in the third, and House in the 4th - rest of that draft was a bust.

The year before he took Neal in the 2nd, and Wilson in the 7th. Wilson is just a guy, and Neal isn't what any of us expected and we haven't gotten much out of him. Unless TT backs a brinks truck up to Raji's front door, I think Raji is gone. Pickett can't have too much left in the tank... the remaining guys are specialty package guys or fringe players.

TT created this mess - and it is a mess. Getting Jolly back would help a lot - but there's no accounting for Mr. Spraypaintedhair.

Guiness
04-25-2013, 01:33 AM
This is a few mocks now that have Fisher ahead of Joeckel - wonder how that happened.

pbmax
04-25-2013, 08:52 AM
This is a few mocks now that have Fisher ahead of Joeckel - wonder how that happened.

All sorts of rumors in the last two days the Chefs prefer Fisher.

3irty1
04-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Is Sylvester Williams really that much better than the other pluggers who will be there in round 2 ?
That is why I'd much prefer a DE like Jones or a safety like Reid. I think those posltions will be far more dry

Trade down.....that is the ideal setup...however....I truly believe the line will be LONG for GM's looking to trade out of round one with some desperate yahoo like the Bills to draft a QB.

When the line is long, the Bills have the leverage of lowballing

I have Sly Williams as the 4th best DT in the draft. So I'd be ok with him at 26 if he were there. Kind of like Worthy from last year though I like the player more than the fit. I'd rather worry about the DL at pick #55. I think we'll be able to get someone in the 2nd almost as good in a considerably better fit.