PDA

View Full Version : What's with this Montee Ball 1st rounder to the Packers Crap?

SnakeLH2006
04-25-2013, 03:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/55574/mailbag-packers-and-montee-ball

They are advocating Montee Ball maybe with the Packer's first rounder? Ummm.. no. In fact, Lacy is not worth it and according to quotes would love it in GB...in the first. I'd take Lacy in a heartbeat in the 2nd...maybe Ball in the 4th, but let's face it...he's a poor poor man's Emmitt Smith at best. I grew up watching the Badgers and am a die-hard fan, but he's nothing special in the NFL. He's not capable of long runs at his 4.68 speed. He's not big or strong. He's ok..but not worth a high pick. I've loved the Badgers RB's over the years from Moss to Fletcher to Hill to whomever...dime a dozen great college backs lacking NFL abilities.

Ball is a decent guy and Badger legend from the records he broke...but I was never wowed by him even on the college level like I was Dayne, etc.

Draft some physical studs or at least a TE early to replace JerkMichael. Thx.

Carolina_Packer
04-25-2013, 06:46 AM
I think they will only take Lacy if they see him as best value/best player available at #26

or they get a call from someone like the Buffalo who may move back into the 1st round to get Matt Barkley, like the Pack did when they drafted CM3 as a second pick in 2009.

If the Pack does not view someone as the BPA in the 1st round, I hardly see them being tempted to reach.

Also, I just heard that Cinci might take Lacy at #21 on Mike and Mike.

QBME
04-25-2013, 06:54 AM
I've loved the Badgers RB's over the years from Moss to Fletcher to Hill to whomever...

Billy Marek!!!!

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 08:14 AM
DISREGARD

Badgerinmaine
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
I've loved the Badgers RB's over the years from Moss to Fletcher to Hill to whomever...

Billy Marek!!!!

Ah, yes, "Billy All-AMarekan"--I still remember those bumper stickers from growing up in Madison. And while we are going down Memory Lane, I'm just old enough to remember Rufus The Roadrunner Ferguson and the Rufus Shuffle. But going back even that far, Badger running backs don't have a great pro track record, probably because the o-lines for Bucky have been so good that they make RBs look better than they are (Ron Dayne's Exhibit A.) I'm just not sure I see Ball as 1st round material. He may well be around when the Packers come up in the second round, and there he might be worth a look.

pbmax
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Everyone else has Lacy or DLine. Groupthought has moved off Eifert apparently.

Freak Out
04-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I have been seeing Eifert going much higher than the GB pick.

pbmax
04-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I have been seeing Eifert going much higher than the GB pick.

That would be a good reason for the Pack not to plan to draft him.

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Badger homer here, but Ball is 3rd round talent, perhaps late 2nd as much as I like the guy.

SnakeLH2006
04-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Yay...we got Lacy in the 2nd....and not Ball. Great draft TT.

Gunakor
04-30-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm probably just as excited, if not moreso, that we got Franklin in the 4th. The more I read up on these guys, the more I think that Franklin might just challenge Lacy not only for playing time, but for the starting gig altogether.

SnakeLH2006
04-30-2013, 04:14 AM
I'm probably just as excited, if not moreso, that we got Franklin in the 4th. The more I read up on these guys, the more I think that Franklin might just challenge Lacy not only for playing time, but for the starting gig altogether.

I agree. Franklin was #2 on lots of RB charts behind Lacy....he pass blocks/he catches/he runs...ya..just TT covering the bases. Either way our RB position is covered. Snake was way unwhelmed with our RB's last year.

Gunakor
04-30-2013, 05:58 AM
I agree. Franklin was #2 on lots of RB charts behind Lacy....he pass blocks/he catches/he runs...ya..just TT covering the bases. Either way our RB position is covered. Snake was way unwhelmed with our RB's last year.

I was impressed with DuJuan Harris last year, and I sincerely hope he makes the final cut behind Lacy and Franklin. He'll make a good insurance policy. Don't see him getting much playing time however if the rookies can stay healthy.

mission
04-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I like both of the new running backs but the more I watch Franklin, the more it seems like he kind of runs on ice skates a little bit. Reminds me of old Madden games on the genesis. A little sliding almost, don't see the quick twitch cuts and feet that I see from Lacy. Just think Lacy gets the "big man bruiser" label too easily when he has very underrated agility.

King Friday
04-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Franklin is not a starting caliber back...way too small. However, he'll be a better "change of pace" guy than Harris.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Every informed football fan (non GBP) I talk to thinks Lacy could be a star.

Whats up Snake? Glad to read you are not a Ballwasher. That's a badass sig though.

woodbuck27
05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Franklin is not a starting caliber back...way too small. However, he'll be a better "change of pace" guy than Harris.

DuJuan 'Big Man 'Harris gets written off by a 'loyal' Packer fan.

He's not even good enough to be the pool boy.

I hope he survives 'this storm' of running backs. The newest most deliscious flavour at Packerrats.

I want to make him my next Donald Driver model. I love DH's heart.

SnakeLH2006
05-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Every informed football fan (non GBP) I talk to thinks Lacy could be a star.

Whats up Snake? Glad to read you are not a Ballwasher. That's a badass sig though.

LOL...Hey what's up dude? I'm laughing my ass off..ballwasher...ya that should be Woodbuck's Rat name...no? LMAO bro.