PDA

View Full Version : Pigskin Paul's Place Packer Mock Draft

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
PACKERS MOCK DRAFT 1st Edition March

Round 1, Pick 26 DESMOND TRUFANT/CB/WASHINGTON/6’0/190(25)
He fits the mold of a PACKERS CB. He is a solid athlete, with extreme confidence who can cover and will tackle with gusto. TRAMON WILLIAMS is now in his 30’s & SAM SHIELDS may be moving on this year (RFA) or next. He could be an immediate sub-package contributor and a starter by 2014. He’ll be the 3rd TRUFANT brother to play in the NFL. I just love those gene pools. He adds speed to the PACK with his 4.38/40 from the Combine.

Round 2, Pick 55 JOSH BOYCE/WR/RS/TCU/5’11/206(70)
With all the QB issues at TCU last season this guy fell off the radar for many NFL teams. But he caught their eye and got back into serious consideration when he ran a 4.38/40 at the COMBINE. Looks to me like he can bring the same kind of skills & production to the PACK as those of recently departed GREG JENNINGS, but his recent timing implies even more speed than JENNINGS brought to the field. He also flashed some return ability during his college career.

Round 3, Pick 88 J.J. WILCOX/S/GEORGIA SOUTHERN/6’0/213(95)
I confess, I have had this guy in mind for the PACK since the Senior Bowl. The former RB /WR has a scary skill set for an NFL S. He loves contact, but also seems to have instincts in coverage that you just can’t teach. His 4.57/40 time from the COMBINE is more than adequate when you consider his size and quickness. Another “small school” guy who I think could develop just like NICK COLLINS did coming out of college.

Round 4, Pick 122 COREY LEMONIER/DE/OLB/AUBURN/6’3/255(105)
The kind of hybrid defender that DOM CAPERS covets for his LB heavy scheme. He would add another weapon along the MATTHEWS/NICK PERRY lines. He has a chance to be better than guys like ZOMBO & WALDEN (now gone). You just can’t have too many LB in the team’s current scheme on D. And especially a guy whose number one asset is his pass rush ability off the edge.

Round 5, Pick 159 LEVINE TIOLOLO/TE/STANFORD/6’8/260(164)
I will admit that this pick is highly speculative, based on knee issues that may not allow him to pass some teams’ physicals. But he would give the team that jumbo package TE that they just don’t have with the departure of CRABTREE. He needs to improve his blocking, but the essentials are in place. His height, length and soft hands would likely make him an excellent weapon in the red zone, much to the delight of AARON RODGERS.

Round 5, Pick 167 A.J. FRANCIS/DT/MARYLAND/6’5/320(169)
The kind of long & large player that the PACK doesn’t have right now along the DL. He’s a high energy guy, who showed flashes as well as high energy and enthusiasm for the game during SHRINE Week. He could make a nice fit with his size when the team drops into it’s 2-4-5 formation. He’d also be able to line up at DE on first down against a power running team like the VIKINGS and hold his own against the run.

Round 6, Pick 193 J.C. TRETTER/OG/OC/CORNELL/6’4/307(203)
The kind of tough, small school guy that the PACKERS continually draft and develop. He needs bit more bulk but is a strong, physical player who is also athletic. He could back-up all along the interior and perhaps compete for a starting job at OC in his second year in the League. He’s a project, but has the talent needed to become an NFL starter in time.

Round 7, Pick 232 ZAC DYSERT/QB/MIAMI(O)/6’3/231(213)
On my Board he’s still around, and would provide a player with more athleticism and a better arm than GRAHAM HARRELL as the fallback option to RODGERS. He needs work, but certainly has many of the tools needed to succeed on the NFL. He could make for a very good pupil in the Mike McCarthy school of QBs.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Is this an article from a website? If so need to paste a link not the article. Thanks.

rbaloha1
04-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Is this an article from a website? If so need to paste a link not the article. Thanks.

http://www.pigskinpaul.com/Pigskin_Pauls_Place/Home/Entries/2013/4/24_Mock_Drafts.html