PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network is reporting...

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
A-rod signed a new contract worth somewhere between $21 - $23 million per year.

Trade Raji pronto!

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 03:54 PM
https://twitter.com/packers/status/327886051429474304

pbmax
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Gotta change title of thread or its going to get jumped.

Rodges deal 5 years, $110 million. $22 mil per at first blush

pbmax
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 24m
#Packers have signed QB Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension! RT if you're excited: http://pckrs.com/9dau

Jimx29
04-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556192-aaron-rodgers-signs-contract-extension-with-green-bay-packers?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=green-bay-packers

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556192-aaron-rodgers-signs-contract-extension-with-green-bay-packers?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=green-bay-packers

The ravens were forced to not resign some good players due to the Flacco contract.

The Packers hopefully release some high paid defensive scrubs.

Maybe TT packages picks and targets several players since the salary cap just shrunk.

Fritz
04-26-2013, 04:35 PM
If he's eating up most of the cap space the first three years, that's fine. I like that it's not longer, too.

Tony Oday
04-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Cap hit never over $21 million per Wilde.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 04:46 PM
$21 million per year as a cap number -- Polian says it is good for the Packers.

Cut/Trade: Raji, Hawk and Tramon

wist43
04-26-2013, 04:59 PM
$21 million per year as a cap number -- Polian says it is good for the Packers.

Cut/Trade: Raji, Hawk and Tramon

I'm all for cutting Hawk... Raji and Tramon - they're good players, the problem is Capers.

Fritz
04-26-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm all for cutting Hawk... Raji and Tramon - they're good players, the problem is Capers.

How much could they save under the cap if they cut Capers?

denverYooper
04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Raji's not going anywhere.

denverYooper
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
How much could they save under the cap if they cut Capers?

Depends how much of a chunk they take out of the lego. Have you ever seen the guy try to wear a cap?

Willard
04-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Cap hit never over $21 million per Wilde.
Only $21M ! Is this what they call a home team discount?

Fritz
04-26-2013, 05:07 PM

I dunno. I think he may be going once his contract's over. How can the Packers afford him if he wants 8 or 10 mill a year? Besides which, I maintain he wants to get out of GB and into a different city, different system where he can penetrate.

What it is he wants to penetrate I cannot say here.

pbmax
04-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I dunno. I think he may be going once his contract's over. How can the Packers afford him if he wants 8 or 10 mill a year? Besides which, I maintain he wants to get out of GB and into a different city, different system where he can penetrate.

What it is he wants to penetrate I cannot say here.

I think Yoop's got a point. If they wanted to replace Raji, I am not sure Datone is the pick. Sylvester more likely.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Raji is going to leave and all we get is a compensatory just like AK. There are good big guys available in round 2. Trade the pig.

Tramon could be replaced by Hayward or House.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I think Yoop's got a point. If they wanted to replace Raji, I am not sure Datone is the pick. Sylvester more likely.

stayed tune

Jesse Williams or Jenkins.

Expect the Packers to target a few players since the roster is pretty good.

pbmax
04-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3m
Good deal for packers all things considered. Very costly for sure but $18.6 mil per, saves a $2 or $3 mil per year for rest of roster

This answers the question woodbuck asked about why now. He wasn't going to get cheaper unless he got hurt, that part we knew.

But with two years left, he had a little less leverage and the Packers had smaller base salaries on which to spread the bonus. This is how the cap number never gets ridiculous or will demand a renegotiation. Unlike Romo and Flacco.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Only $21M ! Is this what they call a home team discount?

its only a cap number. the guarantee money is still big.

Willard
04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
its only a cap number. the guarantee money is still big.

Indeed. $40M in next 12 months? Yowza!

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 3m
Good deal for packers all things considered. Very costly for sure but $18.6 mil per, saves a $2 or $3 mil per year for rest of roster

This answers the question woodbuck asked about why now. He wasn't going to get cheaper unless he got hurt, that part we knew.

But with two years left, he had a little less leverage and the Packers had smaller base salaries on which to spread the bonus. This is how the cap number never gets ridiculous or will demand a renegotiation. Unlike Romo and Flacco.

Now -- to avoid the continual distraction about the contract and build a championship defense.

denverYooper
04-26-2013, 05:36 PM

Ya. If the feel inside of the organization were that Raji was likely to leave, they'd be a lot more likely to fish for that next NT.

Of course, round 2 still has some guys who still fit the bill but I don't get the sense from anywhere that Raji is about to bail.

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Ya. If the feel inside of the organization were that Raji was likely to leave, they'd be a lot more likely to fish for that next NT.

Of course, round 2 still has some guys who still fit the bill but I don't get the sense from anywhere that Raji is about to bail.

raji will not be offered a contract. why keep him and get only a compensatory pick?

Kiwon
04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
That's a lot of money, but A-Rod's got his life together to this point and talented enough to worth the risk of a mega contract.

It would be cool if he could play it out without scandal - assaulting a girlfriend, gun fun, or drug addiction, for example, and finish his career as one of the elite good guys. (It wouldn't hurt to win a ton of games along the way, either.)

By the way, someone needs to revive the "Fire Ted Thompson!" thread. Isn't that what we do in the off-season? It scares him and keeps him on his toes. :-)

red
04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
we all knew it was coming

and its not as bad as a lot of people on here were thinking it would be

MadtownPacker
04-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Did anyone doubt this would get done? Props to TT and Rodgers for getting this out of the way and looking forward to the big window ahead.

Best part is if TT hits on the next two drafts he will be sitting pretty moneywise. I like his chances.

red
04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
looks like a-rods cap number is actually gonna stay about the same this year

2013 cap number- 9.2 million

cap numbers for 2014 and 2015 should average about 18 or 19 million per season

pbmax
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I would be surprised if his cap number doesn't go up. I would guess by almost half of the available. Some for Raji if it gets done. Rest for 12 draft picks.

woodbuck27
04-26-2013, 09:54 PM
A-rod signed a new contract worth somewhere between $21 - $23 million per year.

Trade Raji pronto!

Alllllll righteee then... $21.2 million$ is between $21 - $23 Million/year.

woodbuck27
04-26-2013, 09:58 PM

No chance he's moving.

He hasn't for the last couple of years.

RashanGary
04-26-2013, 10:58 PM
7 years, 18.6M/year. Obviously the average is down because we got to average in the last two years of his undervalued deal.

At the end of the day, he's making less per year than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Joe Flacco. And other QB's will continue to shoot past him. It's the same as the Clay deal. Both guys got extensions as the highest paid players at their positions, but when you average in the remaining years on their current contracts, it brings that average down.

We have the best Offense/Defense superstar tandem in the league (both in the heart of their primes) locked up with good deals.

Perspective: AR is getting the same per year as Calvin Johnson. Yikes. Clay is getting the same as Vincent Jackson. Yikes!

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
No chance he's moving.

He hasn't for the last couple of years.

The issue is Raji is a free agent after this season.

Again, raji is going to be a difficult signing and should be traded for picks next season. Do not want a Kampman situation where only a compensatory pick is the net result.

pbmax
04-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Reading this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/27/crazy-as-it-sounds-rodgers-took-less/

especially the part about Rodgers cap number never exceeding $21 mil and that it takes the guy to age 36 with a strong likelihood that he will get every chance to earn every dime, it makes me think of one other Packer contract.

Brett Favre's 10 year, $100 million dollar deal around the year 2000 or 2001. Consistent, livable, future cap friendly and progressively a better deal for the team in later years, likely to collect every penny.

Fritz
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
What is almost as exciting is knowing that now the Lions will restructure and lengthen Stafford's deal, using the same voodoo math they used with Suh and Johnson to give them a couple years in purgatory, then sliding into sal cap hell. Schwartz and Mayhew are banking on winning in the next two years, peiod.

Little Whiskey
04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
What is almost as exciting is knowing that now the Lions will restructure and lengthen Stafford's deal, using the same voodoo math they used with Suh and Johnson to give them a couple years in purgatory, then sliding into sal cap hell. Schwartz and Mayhew are banking on winning in the next two years, peiod.

Even better than that is the fact that the Vikings don't have a qb that is worth a contract to put them in cap hell!

Upnorth
04-27-2013, 11:44 AM
7 years, 18.6M/year. Obviously the average is down because we got to average in the last two years of his undervalued deal.

At the end of the day, he's making less per year than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Joe Flacco. And other QB's will continue to shoot past him. It's the same as the Clay deal. Both guys got extensions as the highest paid players at their positions, but when you average in the remaining years on their current contracts, it brings that average down.

We have the best Offense/Defense superstar tandem in the league (both in the heart of their primes) locked up with good deals.

Perspective: AR is getting the same per year as Calvin Johnson. Yikes. Clay is getting the same as Vincent Jackson. Yikes!

That is really putting it in perspective. Those are some contracts TT got.

red
04-27-2013, 08:56 PM
this is actually a pretty good deal for the team

and like others have said and i mentioned a couple weeks ago, TT gave him a contract with no "funny money". its a real contract where a-rod will probably see all of it.

unlike the romo or flacco deals that include massive cap hits in later years almost guaranteeing the players will never see that money

gbgary
04-29-2013, 10:26 AM
35M signing bonus!!

pbmax
04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Tom Silverstein
Key feature of QB Aaron Rodgers' extension is that his salary cap increased only $2.25 million in 2013. #Packers are $13.2 million under.

This plus draft make me think Raji is staying put. Or at least the Packers will attempt it.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 12:48 PM
The issue is Raji is a free agent after this season.

Again, raji is going to be a difficult signing and should be traded for picks next season. Do not want a Kampman situation where only a compensatory pick is the net result.

BJ Raji takes TT down for a $6.6 million$ CAP hit now according to my records.

He's not at all worth close to TOP DT CAP space. Now...if his play improves dramatically this season.TT might very well try to maintain him at a reasonable $million$ value. BJ Raji's focus right now inspite of everything/anything else is to have a career year.

Really ... 'just this'. Do the best job to help out the Packer 'D'. Get clearly focused.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Tom Silverstein
Key feature of QB Aaron Rodgers' extension is that his salary cap increased only $2.25 million in 2013. #Packers are $13.2 million under.

This plus draft make me think Raji is staying put. Or at least the Packers will attempt it.

pb I feel that...it's too early for TT to be burdened with any BJ Raji contract extension. Such would be premature.

It's not at all like Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers and contract extensions. That so deemed 'Big Three' triangle.... needs to be collapsed to a longer straight line. Just Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews. BJ Raji isn't in the same conversation.

BJ Raji has one thing to do. Get set/prepared to... ** let his play speak for itself in any terms related to a new Green Bay Packer contract.

** That means within the schedule not in this off season.

The walk and BJ Raji >>> then ........... the talk.

PACKERS !

3irty1
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Sooner the better on Raji IMO. I think his best football is still ahead of him.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Guys like you and I.

We make the world spin. :wink:

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM

Another Hunt if the fat pig is signed.

His best eating is in front of him.