PDA

View Full Version : Packers Trade Picks 2 - 6 for Future Picks!

Fritz
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
The NFL Network is reporting that the Green Bay Packers have traded their second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth round picks in the 2013 draft, all for future picks beginning in 2016.

"After signing Aaron, we just can't afford to pay guys right now," said Ted Thompson, Packer GM. "We think we can afford to pay a seventh rounder and a couple UDFA's, so we're really beating the bushes for some hidden talent."

Reportedly the Packers did not want any picks until 2016 because they feel the salary cap will go up by then after a new TV deal, and perhaps at that point the team will be able to afford to pay other players, besides Rodgers and Matthews, more than the NFL minimums for rookies and vets.

In addition, Jermichael Finley has tweeted that his agent has informed him he should put his Green Bay house on the market this fall, as it will be his last with the team. According to a source inside Lombardi Avenue, the team has quietly informed James Jones, BJ Raji, Tramon Williams, and Jordy Nelson that this season will be their last with the team.

Finally, it is being reported that AJ Hawk has agreed to restructure his contract once more. The new deal is for five years and pays him $12.75/hour.

Willard
04-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Captain Weisenheimer, I presume?

pbmax
04-26-2013, 05:20 PM
I knew we couldn't trust Murphy to hang on to that rainy day fund!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
This is actually a good idea.

Packgator
04-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Finally, it is being reported that AJ Hawk has agreed to restructure his contract once more. The new deal is for five years and pays him $12.75/hour.

That seems a little high.

woodbuck27
04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
It all looks pretty good except for this:

Why is TT paying AJ Hawk so much?

Is TT retaining J. Bush? I hope so.

Dear Lord...it's so very funny. I loved that.

Thanks

OS PA
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
I wonder if Partial has already traded our next ten picks to the Steelers for Troy Polamalu.

Fritz
04-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Of course it's tongue in cheek, but after seeing Rodgers had signed, it did make me wonder how Thompson will have to adjust his approach. However, the Press Gazette reports this morning that Rodgers actually gave the team a bit of a home town discount.