PDA

View Full Version : DAY 3- Some of the Best Prospects Left

Bretsky
04-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Feel Free to list yours

Jessie Williams--NT Alabama...after Brandon Williams was taken by the Ravens..he's by far the best left

Brian Schwenke- C- Stilll think he was the C who was hands down the best fit for O in GB
Barrett Jones- C- Good player from Alabama
David Quessenberry OT

Marcus Lattimore--Elite Talent RB with many knee injuries to work through

Khaseem Greene- OLB- He'd be a nice pick....most thought late 2nd round early 3rd
Brandon Jenkins--OLB Florida State
Jelani Jenkins-----OLB Florida
Cornelius Washington OLB
AJ Klein........................ILB

Alex Okafor- DE= Interesting prospect, but 264lbs..another pass rusher
William Gholston-DE Michigan State

Matt Barkley--USC QB.....pass

Jordan Poyer--CB- nice long term prospect
BW Webb--CB- William and Mary

Quinton Patton--IMO hands down the best WR left

Shamarko Thomas-S- Syracuse
Philip Thomas- S- Fresno State

Ryan Nasib----QB....pass
BW Webb--CB- William and Mary

rbaloha1
04-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Williams and Thomas.

Did Wheaton get selected, wr from Oregon state?

RashanGary
04-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Just a guy I've liked for a while (don't know how high he'll go) Rontez Miles. Big fan of his highlight reel, haha.

I liked Scwenke too in the senior bowl practice tape. Looked pretty tough.

Brandon494
04-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Jessie Williams was but ideal but I don't know if he'll last to when its our pick. Really wish Ted would have taken him with our 3rd round pick.

Bretsky
04-26-2013, 11:39 PM
When TT traded down I think he thought he might see Jessie Williams abut at minimum Brandon Williams...who many in here liked...would fall

I think it's farily apparent Jessie Williams will fall off the board in the first five picks tomorrow.....and if our goal was to get the second tier talent (which was a small step down from the top guys) at DT, that goal went away with our third round pick.

While I thought we got screwed in the SF deals, on paper we made out fine with the Miami deal.

But now I wish we'd have kept the pick, and either drafted Brandon or Jessie Williams

Bretsky
04-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Steelers took Wheaton in round 3 before our pick

Bretsky
04-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Jessie Williams, besides the two QB's, is the one player left who was clearly projected way higher than round 4

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2013, 11:59 PM
The top rated left from my rankings yesterday. I forgot Lattimore, but I like him on the third day. Very doubtful that Thompson would take two RBs relatively early though.

OC Barrett Jones
WR Quinton Patton
OC Brian Schwenke
DT Jesse Williams
S Phillip Thomas
QB Tyler Wilson
RB Marcus Lattimore

Thompson shocks everybody by picking a QB in round 4.
:)

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
With two picks, he could get a very good backup in round 4. It would not surprise me

We like a lot of the same guys. I'd say what you have above is my favorites of all the names I threw out. Jesse Williams is on about every top 40 list I read so I assume he's getting plugged right off the board soon and if I could persuade TT of something it would be to consider trying to move up and get him.

If he's gone...rather than a QB, I'd rather see a Schwenke and Thomas. I still think there are plenty of starters to be had in round 4 this year. IMO Schwenke starts from the get go in GB and Thomas sees playing time.

Once we get by round 4 I think we're looking at depth as opposed to starters

SAN FRAN is terrifying in this draft. I hope there scouts are idiots because for the most part they are getting everything they want from this draft and giving up very little. They even played Tennessee earlier in a move down and stole an extra 3rd round pick from a weak team next year.

wist43
04-27-2013, 12:53 AM
The top rated left from my rankings yesterday. I forgot Lattimore, but I like him on the third day. Very doubtful that Thompson would take two RBs relatively early though.

OC Barrett Jones
WR Quinton Patton
OC Brian Schwenke
DT Jesse Williams
S Phillip Thomas
QB Tyler Wilson
RB Marcus Lattimore

Thompson shocks everybody by picking a QB in round 4.
:)

Patton is still out there??

I wondered if he would drop... he just doesn't quite get enough seperation, which I thought might limit him to the slot. I like him though. Given what's left, I like your list - don't know anything about the QB though.

Another season of 51 sacks, and I suppose it's just a matter of time before we find out how good our backup is.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Guys that are most intriguing to me:

QB Tyler Wilson
QB Matt Barkley
QB Tyler Bray

RB Marcus Lattimore

WR Quinton Patton
WR Chris Harper
WR Ryan Swope
WR Kenny Stills
WR Josh Boyce

OT Jordan Mills
OT Ricky Wagner

OC Barrett Jones
OC Brian Schwenke
OC Khaled Holmes

DT Jesse Williams
DT Kwame Geathers

OLB Cornelius Washington
OLB Brandon Jenkins
OLB Michael Buchanan
OLB Chase Thomas
OLB Joe Kruger

ILB Kevin Reddick
ILB A.J. Klein

CB Sanders Commings
CB Brandon McGee

S Phillip Thomas
S Josh Evans

K Dustin Hopkins

packrulz
04-27-2013, 06:57 AM
FS Bacarri Rambo, Georgia (6-1, 211, 4.56)
WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M (6-0, 205, 4.34) ILB A.J. Klein, Iowa State (6-1, 250, 4.66) Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest, 6-1, 246
Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State, 6-5, 230
Sean Renfree, QB, Duke, 6-3, 219
SS Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse (5-9, 213, 4.42)
OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford (6-3, 244, 4.91)
WR Chris Harper, Kansas State (6-1, 229, 4.55)
FB Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard (6-1, 248, 4.72)
T David Quessenberry, San Jose State (6-5, 302, 5.08)
Jonathan Stewart ILB Texas A&M Sr 6-4 242
*Levine Toilolo TE Stanford rJr 6-8 260
*Tharold Simon CB 18 LSU Jr 6-2 202

Carolina_Packer
04-27-2013, 07:46 AM
David-Bakhtiari (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-bakhtiari?id=2540183)-OT, Colorado, isn't even on this helpful list (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/26/4272936/nfl-draft-best-players-available) of remaining names of best available talent. I read he has slipped because he's not the prototypical 6'6 but I guess he's athletic. Charlie Casserly from NFL Network said good things about him as a super sleeper.

Still plenty of good options to create a deeper roster. I personally hope we take a long look at David Bass of Missouri Western if he's still there in 6th.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
THX for adding all the names guys; when I initially did this I was trying to provide a list to pluck off one by one thinking we could nab who TT's round 4 picks are. But being realistic, he probably doesn't draft one guy on my list.....so perhaps with the extra names he drafts one or two by the end.

Today will be an exciting day. If you are wanna b draft guy like me there will surely be plenty of initial disappointment but it's always fun to watch things go down

Fritz
04-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Hey man, there's still some names I recognize on those lists. That means, of course, that they must be good players.

Any time TT drafts someone I haven't heard of, I automatically think that person must suck.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Jessie Williams was but ideal but I don't know if he'll last to when its our pick. Really wish Ted would have taken him with our 3rd round pick.

package picks or throw in raji plus a team's future 2-3 pick next year.

MadtownPacker
04-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Today is the day Thomas becomes a Packer.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 12:02 PM

Hope you are correct since it continues with the toughness mindset.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I hope so too Mad; they may need to pick him in four picks to nab him

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 12:09 PM
David-Bakhtiari (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-bakhtiari?id=2540183)-OT, Colorado, isn't even on this helpful list (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/26/4272936/nfl-draft-best-players-available) of remaining names of best available talent. I read he has slipped because he's not the prototypical 6'6 but I guess he's athletic. Charlie Casserly from NFL Network said good things about him as a super sleeper.

Still plenty of good options to create a deeper roster. I personally hope we take a long look at David Bass of Missouri Western if he's still there in 6th.

Big deal. Like his feet.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Sorry Mad...................he is gone................

MadtownPacker
04-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Fuck shannahan and double fuck daniel snyder!!!! I hope the redskins go into another 10 year slump!!!!

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Mad....we weren't taking him anyways. I researched him and really liked him though.....