PDA

View Full Version : James Starks...

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:19 PM
is also on the trading block as per NFL Network

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:22 PM
RT @RapSheet: The #Packers have made it known James Starks is on the trading block. No surprise. They've already drafted 2 RBs.

gbgary
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Alex Green better watch out too.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Alex Green better watch out too.

Yup. The Packers are tired of the bs.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:43 PM
If they can get a 7 they'd probably take it. Starks ran tough when he was in there but he's just not in enough

Patler
04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Can't see how they could have much trust in Starks at this point. Green, Harris and the two rookies fill the RB needs.

wist43
04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
The RB picks don't help us much... effectively status quo at the position for the past few years.

Lacy is Benson
Franklin is Harris

Big whoop.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Lacy is better than Benson and Franklyn is much better than Harris
Hell if I know we could have Franklyn in round 4 I'd MUCH rather have taken a defensive stud at 61

smuggler
04-27-2013, 08:04 PM
IMO Franklin replaces Green, not Harris. We'll see.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
At least the healing process is speeded up.

IMO its Lacy, Green, Franklin, Harris and Kuhn.

ND72
04-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Now to replace Kuhn, dude sucks.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Now to replace Kuhn, dude sucks.

good all around player. emergency emergency backup

please do not laugh -- the nfl network ranked kuhn in the top 100 of all current nfl players -- no joke

Pugger
04-27-2013, 11:10 PM
The RB picks don't help us much... effectively status quo at the position for the past few years.

Lacy is Benson
Franklin is Harris

Big whoop.

Then should we have skipped drafting these kids and just resigned Benson to go along with Harris? Or was there another RB you liked better in this draft that was available when we picked Lacy?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 11:29 PM
IMO Franklin replaces Green, not Harris. We'll see.

I like DuJuan Harris over AJ Green.

The draft is over.There isn't a thing we can do about what happened Saturday. I simply request that you consider what I see. I don't desire to be the bad guy adversarial figure on Packerrats and neither does Wist43, I expect. We just have legitimate concerns based on clear observation.

If you accept that watered down wine is better wine...your excited about the TT method. That method clearly makes no sense to me. It's your choice to accept or reject it in course.

You (any Packerrat) accept it and I'll choose to not accept it. Thank You.

Solid football talent is developed in solid football programs. Not in some smaller school programs.

I think TT really imagines he's getting the edge by being sly. He looks for talent in the shadows.The rest of the world uses every available source to evaluate/measure the top school talent. TT acts mysterious/sly.

Then he goes in a whole different direction. He flips/toss's a wrench into moving parts by assisting San Fran. Allowing San Fran to trade up not once but two times! WOW "Ohh you want a better graded prospect...by all means. Let me oblige."...that amazed me.

You hate the BEARS. You hate the Vikings.

Well guess what. I dislike... the 49ers. I don't want TT helping the 49ers in any way manner or fashion.

Was that some trickery on behalf of TT? Does that really make sense to any of you here?

It's not all bad. TT tried to look after Aaron Rodgers better. I imagine that TT was under the gun to do so. Think about the timing of the Aaron Rodgers Conttract announcement. You don't have to be a real bright bulb to see alot of what was happening behind the scene there. Aaron Rodgers is going to express his needs RE: everything and winning >>>to MM>>>to TT. His ego isn't small.

On the upside:

We have solid RB talent... finally. It's the fricken OL that has to get it together and get a break healthwise. We may elect to pray madly for health and decent luck.

Over the course of time.The real bonus comes from drafting solid talent. You won't get there by continually trading down. Especially when a draft is so berift of decent talent after the fourth round. Will TT get the message and that common sense fact?

I really doubt it. TT loves to play with the draft. His playing this time left us without certain needs.

ie We still need help for BJ Raji and Ryan Pickett.

WE still need Ryan Pickett's replacement.

We still need (maybe?) BJ Raji's replacement.

Did this draft offer a contingincy plan for the fact that FIVE (5) men on our DL roster are in the final year of their contract?

Did TT find a replacement for a possible moving on CB X 2 in Tramone Williams and Sam Shields? I mean a very talented possible fit to replace one of those teo CB's?

We still need that solid SILB.

We still need at Center.

Did we get that strong hitting safety we all see that we need? I saw solid safety candidates for upgrades. My eyes work just fine.

I know it's early and each day it gets better. I'll study all I can on every pick. I'll find a couple of guys to pull for; feel badly when their cut.

I'll survive not understanding TT. You know why?

GO PACK GO !

rbaloha1
04-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Like Franklin but the Oregon rb is a better big play runner imo.

Nonetheless the running game was upgraded big time allowing AR to call more running plays at the line of scrimmage.

Gunakor
04-28-2013, 03:31 PM

Lacy is Benson
Franklin is Harris

Big whoop.

Benson isn't a Packer. He's a 30 year old free agent that the Packers were looking into resigning had they not drafted 2 backs equal to or better than anything we have on our current roster.

Harris isn't going to be cut. Alex Green is. Your RB rotation this season will be Lacy>Franklyn>Harris. Green hasn't been healthy since we drafted him, Starks sucks, and Benson doesn't even have a locker with his name on it.

woodbuck27
04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Lacy is better than Benson and Franklyn is much better than Harris
Hell if I know we could have Franklyn in round 4 I'd MUCH rather have taken a defensive stud at 61

If TT had any sense of planning you might very well have seen that happen.

Look at it now:

After three rounds we could have had:

1) Rush 34 DE Datone Jones

and

2) BPA (Priority Need TT SS or 34 OLB ie SILB Jon Bostic). He was solid enough to replace Brian Urlacher in Chicago.

and

3) A solid DT like DT 'Strong Man' Brandon Williams at pick #88. He was solid enough for the defensive minded Baltimore Ravens. I'm guessing that TT wasn't aware of him??

Instead we get one (1) above and use that second round pick on a less than 100% RB and neglect real priority need.

We get it 33% right. Not even 'a two out of three ain't bad' proposition.

We get TT doubling down on that second round pick....when he needed to draft for higher priorities.

I'm telling you. That fricken' negotiating with Clay and especially Aaron Rodgers ruined Ted Thompson and this draft. That's a no brainer. He was fricken' well distracted and not paying attention to the priorities. The lifeblood of our team...wasn't even paid proper 'lip service'.

If y'all can't see that then what can I say.

Look carefully at MM in that conference video on the draft thread (post) yesterday. He's on video before you hear voices of some of TT's picks taking questions from the media. Mike McCarthy looked like he was seriously strained. He looked like his blood pressure was sky high. That was a look of a man under serious stress. He should have looked estatic with the results of Saturdays draft.

I sure missed seeing that. Where was the joy and/or pride!?

If you imagine all is really good in Packer Nation.

Your too much of 'a homer' and missing it. There's serious crap going down Packer fans.

PACKERS !

pbmax
04-28-2013, 06:08 PM
At the press conference, McCarthy did not seem to indicate he expected to be without James Starks anytime soon. We'll see.

mission
04-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Lacy is Benson
Franklin is Harris

Big whoop.

This is either just trolling or a huge bowl of lolz

Teamcheez1
04-28-2013, 06:12 PM
This is either just trolling or a huge bowl of lolz

It's bipolar disorder, but we allow him to keep posting.

mission
04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
It's bipolar disorder, but we allow him to keep posting.

Keeps things interesting eh

Guiness
04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
It sure seems like they're moving on from Starks. I wonder if they even bring him into camp?

He's scheduled to make $630K, Greene $555K. One of them is gone, I tend to think Greene will be given another chance. Not sure if they will give Starks a chance to make the roster over him.