MASSIVE!

http://www.fototime.com/3D4F635B9EBC080/orig.jpg

smuggler
04-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Dat one huge friggin guy.

mission
04-28-2013, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsb5fGAdsK8

Like this pick. They kept saying on NFLN that Jones was the only defender to (consistently) beat the #1 pick Eric Fisher at the Senior Bowl.

rbaloha1
04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Anyone question this guy toughness?

smuggler
04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
He played 51 of 51 college games as a lineman. Not me.

Guiness
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsb5fGAdsK8

Like this pick. They kept saying on NFLN that Jones was the only defender to (consistently) beat the #1 pick Eric Fisher at the Senior Bowl.

Nice. Love the way this guy gets off blocks to make the tackles on the RB.

The QB sack at the beginning of the video kind of a gift, the offensive lineman just plain old got out of his way!

mission
04-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Nice. Love the way this guy gets off blocks to make the tackles on the RB.

The QB sack at the beginning of the video kind of a gift, the offensive lineman just plain old got out of his way!

Never seems to get pushed back, great with his hands. Love how he finishes. Doesn't really blow guys up but there are plays that I've seen other guys miss the tackle by being too aggressive... that sack in the endzone is a good example where he stays under control and gets the QB. I think the play before that where he tackles the RB AND the QB is awesome too.

Guiness
04-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Never seems to get pushed back, great with his hands. Love how he finishes. Doesn't really blow guys up but there are plays that I've seen other guys miss the tackle by being too aggressive... that sack in the endzone is a good example where he stays under control and gets the QB. I think the play before that where he tackles the RB AND the QB is awesome too.

what time is that at?

I really liked the highlights against the first team (red and white). TFL or bringing down the RB near the line of scrimmage.

Ya, I know, it's a highlight film, but if we don't drink kool-aid the day after the draft, when do we???

mission
04-28-2013, 02:53 PM
what time is that at?

I really liked the highlights against the first team (red and white). TFL or bringing down the RB near the line of scrimmage.

Ya, I know, it's a highlight film, but if we don't drink kool-aid the day after the draft, when do we???

Exactly, you know I love draft kool aid. The two plays are in succession at 1:50

red
04-28-2013, 03:12 PM
i like my 3-4 d-lineman to have a gut, not a 6-pack

mission
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM

Apparently so has the Packers and that hasn't done us too well up to this point.

Brandon494
04-28-2013, 03:27 PM

He also has the body frame to carry more weight his I believe he will.

Guiness
04-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Apparently so has the Packers and that hasn't done us too well up to this point.

So hard to sort out just what's wrong with the line.

Individually, is anyone really unhappy with Picket or Raji's play? Raji didn't play to the level we'd have liked, but wasn't bad either. Wilson, Neale, Daniels and Worthy all seemed to do well as role players, with Neale coming on a bit. So what was the problem?

Brandon494
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Individually, is anyone really unhappy with Picket or Raji's play? Raji didn't play to the level we'd have liked, but wasn't bad either. Wilson, Neale, Daniels and Worthy all seemed to do well as role players, with Neale coming on a bit. So what was the problem?

No pass rush

mission
04-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Yeah, I don't have an answer here. I like both Pickett and Raji... just saying it can't hurt to get a longer, more explosive body type in there when we already have a couple doughboys.

Freak Out
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Junkyard dawg.

smuggler
04-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Wasn't too impressed with Raji. Granted he played like 80% of snaps and the next closest 3-4 NT in the league had like 60% or something silly like that. Neal looked the best of the bunch as a pashrushing entity. Daniels and Worthy were kind of 'meh' and then Worthy was injured, of course.

KYPack
04-28-2013, 05:24 PM
MASSIVE!

http://www.fototime.com/3D4F635B9EBC080/orig.jpg

We needed a DLineman who is into S&M.

Brandon494
04-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Pickett is getting old and Raji did better playing DE then he is playing NT.

RashanGary
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Hard to compare him to someone. . . . Justin Tuck plays a similar style game. He's young. He'll probably end up a tad heavier. I don't know if I want him heavier though. I'd like to see him keep his athleticism. He's strong. That's the important part. If you can be strong and move, that's all the better.

Green Bud Packer
04-28-2013, 08:31 PM

Ha. Sacks & Mayhem, right?

pbmax
04-28-2013, 11:12 PM
On this front I think wist has a point. There is a mis match up front and in centers on Raji. As an individual talent, there is nothing wrong with Raji.

But he is a different player than Pickett or Wilson. Those two could and would 2 gap all day long or 1 gap and stay in line. Raji's game is penetration. And he doesn't have quite the anchor against double teams that Pickett has.

So if he gets antsy (like when Peterson was running all over the defense) or when he is at nose in the base 3-4, he can be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Its a problem with any team that has a penetrating D lineman (think Ratliff in Dallas) but sometimes wants to sit and control a gap. Its gets the scheme out of shape. It can be dealt with and Raji, when need be can play it straight (see 3rd Vikes game or Giants playoff game esp 1st half).

But it is enough of a problem to cause leaks if tackling in the back seven isn't up to snuff. Or if your ILBs are in the correct spot. Or the OLB opposite Matthews constantly seems to want to play as fast and aggressive as Raji when he is the last guy on the edge for a cutback.

Put all that together and its leaking in the run game. You can dump Raji, but talent like that does not fall often into perennial playoff teams. One of the reasons the 49ers and Seahawks are loaded in base level talent that comes from drafting early every year.

Or you can fix the other spots. OLB now has Perry. Raji will get spelled at DE by Jones and Jolly and Neal (hopefully reducing his snaps). And Hawk and Bishop have to play like 2010 not 2011. Lastly, the secondary, when the front leaks, needs to tackle. Shields at least, and House, know this.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
The niner and seahawks have pro bowl players from multiple rounds. espn says the seahawks have the most pro bowl players since 2010.

Jones last weighed at 277 -- needs to bulk up -- toughness at this weight only allows as a pass rusher or olb. Drafted to take over for Wilson not be a tough tweener.

denverYooper
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
CJ Wilson's not going anywhere.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
When asked about the value of Jones’ length (6-feet-3 7/8), Trgovac said: “First of all, when you can push the middle of the pocket and you’re longer, it’s obviously hard to throw over you as opposed to a shorter guy. If the tackles grab you nowadays, it’s easier to keep guys off you when you have length.”

Straight from the horse's mouth -- current problem with the current d-line.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
CJ Wilson's not going anywhere.

No one said he was -- backup.

Jones needs to seize the position pronto or it is a potential bad pick.

denverYooper
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Too bad Worthy will likely be out for most of the year. A healthy Worthy, Jones, and Raji will make for some mean base D in a year or two.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Like Worthy but gets pushed around too much. Hopefully he figures it out and adds good bulk.

denverYooper
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
No one said he was -- backup.

Jones needs to seize the position pronto or it is a potential bad pick.

Ideally he'll be a backup on the DL but the guy has just been hanging around, getting better. Last year he even flashed a bit of the pass rush he was known for in college.

He keeps moving the bar higher every year and if he is a backup it means that other guys are owning their high drafted potential

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Ideally he'll be a backup on the DL but the guy has just been hanging around, getting better. Last year he even flashed a bit of the pass rush he was known for in college.

He keeps moving the bar higher every year and if he is a backup it means that other guys are owning their high drafted potential

No doubt CW improved but is not elite -- Jones has that type of potential.

denverYooper
04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Like Worthy but gets pushed around too much. Hopefully he figures it out and adds good bulk.

He does need some more strength and savvy yet, but they rode him like a rented mule until he got injured. They have big plans for him and it was clear they wanted him to get a lot of snaps.

denverYooper
04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
No doubt CW improved but is not elite -- Jones has that type of potential.

I agree.

pbmax
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Unseating Wilson in the base D will be tough. More likely some of Raji's snaps at DE will go down first. But if Jones does it. more power to him.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 11:32 AM

Exhaustion. Depth in terms of real experience.

End of story.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Hard to compare him to someone. . . . Justin Tuck plays a similar style game. He's young. He'll probably end up a tad heavier. I don't know if I want him heavier though. I'd like to see him keep his athleticism. He's strong. That's the important part. If you can be strong and move, that's all the better.

Yup it has to simply play out. Be as it can be.

He'll be a bonus for our DL and 'D' or not. I don't expect that he'll light it up next season ...that may arrive in time. TT used this draft for an overall focus of adding depth amd competition. More speed to our team.

TT's very pleased with this infusion of lifeblood and reservedly optimistic that he has added positively to the Green Bay Packers with his draft.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
When asked about the value of Jones’ length (6-feet-3 7/8), Trgovac said: “First of all, when you can push the middle of the pocket and you’re longer, it’s obviously hard to throw over you as opposed to a shorter guy. If the tackles grab you nowadays, it’s easier to keep guys off you when you have length.”

Straight from the horse's mouth -- current problem with the current d-line.

"Its not always the determining factor of whether a guy can play or not but it does help." -- Mike Trgovac, very next sentence.

Length and height are great but of no use if you cannot play. Its one attribute that helps the same as strength, mobility, agility, flexibility and quickness. Plus, no one has explained how length makes you a less soft defense. Kareem Abdul Jabaar was a terrible DE in high school.

Jones, according to the Packers roster is exactly one inch taller than Neal and Wilson.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 11:59 AM
"Its not always the determining factor of whether a guy can play or not but it does help." -- Mike Trgovac, very next sentence.

Length and height are great but of no use if you cannot play. Its one attribute that helps the same as strength, mobility, agility, flexibility and quickness. Plus, no one has explained how length makes you a less soft defense. Kareem Abdul Jabaar was a terrible DE in high school.

Jones, according to the Packers roster is exactly one inch taller than Neal and Wilson.

If you want to get down to it and Datone Jones and height:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83250&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

His height is 6 Ft - 3 7/8 inchs

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Things do not happen in a vaccum.

It is a combination of factors -- can not line up mma guys against the niners nor can you just line up scrubs with length, size and toughness. its called having a drafting philosophy.

Bringing up Kareem Abdul Jabbar is your typical reach -- no pun intended.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
If you want to get down to it and Datone Jones and height:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83250&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

His height is 6 Ft - 3 7/8 inchs

Thank goodness some knuckleheads are mellowing out.

pbmax
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Things do not happen in a vaccum.

It is a combination of factors -- can not line up mm guys against the niners nor can you just line up scrubs with length, size and toughness.

Bringing up Kareem Abdul Jabbar is your typical reach -- no pun intended.

Exaggeration to make a point. Height is a secondary trait that ca assist a player. Its not as important as actually being able to play D line in the first place.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Exaggeration to make a point. Height is a secondary trait that ca assist a player. Its not as important as actually being able to play D line in the first place.

Things are not mutually exclusive. The game is changing and current crop is not cutting it.

Tgorvac stated what they want which is currently mia. e-mail tgorvac your philosophy.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank goodness some knuckleheads are mellowing out.

Whaaat ? :whaa:

Never confuse accurate observation with loss of control and extremes of frustration.

PACKERS !

pbmax
04-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Things are not mutually exclusive. The game is changing and current crop is not cutting it.

Tgorvac stated what they want which is currently mia. e-mail tgorvac your philosophy.

Mutualy exclusive no. But mutually available is rare. Trgo stated what they got, he did not list the priorities of his GM. Not did he discuss alternatives. And only by looking at what they choose versus what they left behind can we discern their priorities.

If the population of Defensive Ends was equal to the population of say, New York State, then everyone would have 6' 5" DEs who can rush the passer and stop the run. But the pool is very small and only the very top of the draft every year has that kind of player, with ideal physical attributes, ready to play. Even in the second round of 2012 the Packers were faced with a choice between Worthy (at 6' 2") and Devon Still. Still was 6' 5" but was not thought of as a pass rusher. They had a similar player in Wilson. They needed pass rush (I am sure Bob wrote a column last year saying the team was wringing its hand about having ignored the pass rush looking for a specific body type).

They took the shorter, heavier player for his pass rush.

Outside of Round 1, the draft is about choosing from less than ideal options. What you give up can be as important as what you get in a prospect.

But we have strayed from Bob's rant. How 1 inch of height makes a player not soft is still a question I wish someone would answer. Because if the Packers simply wanted to be taller, then his article would have been far less hysterical. If they simply wanted to be bigger and stouter they would have selected Sylvester or one of the other DTs.

My money is that they want an athlete other than Raji or Pickett at DE. We'll see in camp if they got that guy.

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Plain and simple -- Jones needs to bulk up and become a 3 down guy or it is a wasted pick.

Dude was drafted to replace CJ.

Both guys better make big contributions early or the niners steamroll us again.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-30-2013, 09:58 AM
I don’t really see a player who reminds me of Cullen Jenkins when watching his film. I'm not sure what to think of him, but I would compare this pick to the Nick Perry pick last year. I don't like when I read that "he could easily add 10 more pounds." Yeah so what, so could I. The question is can he 10 to 20 pounds and still do the same things he could at 280? This is very similar to Nick Perry. We drafted him at 271 and are asking him to play a position he has never played before at a weight not typically seen out of 34 olbs. How is he supposed to drop back and cover a Te or a Rb in the flat.

These are very dangerous picks to make in the first round. Both these picks don’t scream 34 DE and OLB. I have not liked TT last three first round picks at all.

3irty1
04-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Well if it makes you feel better Lamar Woodley, Shawne Merriman, Terrell Suggs, Paul Kruger, Connor Barwin, Ryan Kerrigan, Tamba Hali are all examples of guys in that weight range who play the position.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I don’t really see a player who reminds me of Cullen Jenkins when watching his film. I'm not sure what to think of him, but I would compare this pick to the Nick Perry pick last year. I don't like when I read that "he could easily add 10 more pounds." Yeah so what, so could I. The question is can he 10 to 20 pounds and still do the same things he could at 280? This is very similar to Nick Perry. We drafted him at 271 and are asking him to play a position he has never played before at a weight not typically seen out of 34 olbs. How is he supposed to drop back and cover a Te or a Rb in the flat.

These are very dangerous picks to make in the first round. Both these picks don’t scream 34 DE and OLB. I have not liked TT last three first round picks at all.

I share your concern but expect DJ to be at 295 for the niners game along as the starter.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Well if it makes you feel better Lamar Woodley, Shawne Merriman, Terrell Suggs, Paul Kruger, Connor Barwin, Ryan Kerrigan, Tamba Hali are all examples of guys in that weight range who play the position.

But how many of these guys played in a 34 defense in college? I'm asking b/c I honestly don't know. I do know that Nick Perry was a straight hand on the ground rusher in college. Obviously its to early to judge him and Datone Jones, but both seem like really risky picks to say the least. I don't mind drafting a project or two every draft, but I would rather draft guys who are more familiar with the positions they are projected to play. That's not to say they both can't become great players, but I feel they carry much more risk then our previous first rounders.

3irty1
04-30-2013, 11:39 AM
But how many of these guys played in a 34 defense in college? I'm asking b/c I honestly don't know. I do know that Nick Perry was a straight hand on the ground rusher in college. Obviously its to early to judge him and Datone Jones, but both seem like really risky picks to say the least. I don't mind drafting a project or two every draft, but I would rather draft guys who are more familiar with the positions they are projected to play. That's not to say they both can't become great players, but I feel they carry much more risk then our previous first rounders.

I think Perry is probably playing his natural position in the NFL. His playing weight in college was more like 255-260 than his combine weight. He was trying to appeal to 4-3 teams as well. The position change isn't what made him a risky pick IMO, it was that he's a super big, super fast, super strong, super explosive monster but played like he was 240 lb speed only rusher like KGB. He needs Kevin Greene to brainwash him in order to reach all that potential.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 11:40 AM

Tgorvac said no one in college football plays the packers scheme -- all picks are projections to the packer's scheme.

mission
04-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Tgorvac said no one in college football plays the packers scheme -- all picks are projections to the packer's scheme.

He also said UCLA plays a very similar scheme to the Packers. So which one is it?

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
He also said UCLA plays a very similar scheme to the Packers. So which one is it?

similar but not exact.

mission
04-30-2013, 08:17 PM
similar but not exact.

I just don't think Datone is that much of a "projection" in this scheme.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I just don't think Datone is that much of a "projection" in this scheme.

He is due his current size. Hope you are right though.

mission
04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
He's not much smaller than JJ Watt or Justin Smith... hope I'm right too! :)

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
He's not much smaller than JJ Watt or Justin Smith... hope I'm right too! :)

IMO to be a 3 down guy needs to be at Packer desired 295.

pbmax
04-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Justin Smith is 6'4" and 270 lbs.

pbmax
04-30-2013, 09:33 PM

similar but not exact.

Trgo did say you normally don't see their defense in college when discussing Boyd.

But Jones was another matter with Nolan as coach. Nolan runs both 3-4 and 4-3 and Jones played both.

Trgovac on Datone tape before Combine: his defenses were our defenses, got to see him in the 4-, the 5-, the 3- , the 1- even some of the 0- tech stuff and some 3 man front and he went down to play over the nose so we got to see him in all that stuff.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:37 PM

e-mail tgorvac and mcginn

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM

listed at 6-4" 285 lbs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2552/justin-smith

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:45 PM
listed at 6-4" 285 lbs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2552/justin-smith

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster.html

6'4" 285 lbs.

Aren't you the one challenging mcginn's weights?

Typical b.s. with nit picking nonsense.

While we are at it -- how many 3 down ends are playing at a high level at your fake 270lbs?

mission
04-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Because team rosters are accurate? Hell was I was a 6'2" 200lbs high school quarterback when I barely reached 6' 185lbs. That's a pretty common "football thing".

NFLDraftScout.com has Datone at 6'4" 283lbs and that seems to be from his official combine measurements.
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Datone&l=Jones&i=10257

So what are we arguing?

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Because team rosters are accurate? Hell was I was a 6'2" 200lbs high school quarterback when I barely reached 6' 185lbs. That's a pretty common "football thing".

NFLDraftScout.com has Datone at 6'4" 283lbs and that seems to be from his official combine measurements.
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Datone&l=Jones&i=10257

So what are we arguing?

Hope you are right. JS sis the last time DJ was on the scale he weighed 277. TT mentioned they want DJ to gain some weight more likely their stated 295 not 270.

RashanGary
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
rbaloha1,

You can't argue with PB on the being a good football player first. TT says it all of the time. The like length. They like to be fast. But they want to be good first.

James Harrison is a 6'0" 240 lbs outside linebacker. You would rather have a 6'3" 250lbs linebacker, but if you have James Harrison in his prime, the important thing is that he's a good player.

They make great players in all sorts of heights and weights at all positions. Justin Smith is as stout as they come at DE, but he's only 285. Matt Light has been a 6'4" 300 lbs LT for a long time, and been really good at it. You'd rather have a 6'6" 330lbs guy, but before you go plugging some scrub in there, you'd rather the guy be good at football first.

You can't argue that.

It's nice that Datone is 6'4", 285lbs, runs well and moves well. If he couldn't play football though, none of it would matter. He's a good player first. Then he has those prototype things that make you feel really excited about how ideal he could be. There are a lot of 6'4" 285lbs players that I'm sure we would have taken well after Sylvester Williams. The one we did take before him, we took primarily because of his game, not because of his length. The length is a very small part of the equation. The coaches are excited about it, but when TT talks, he says yeah, he liked the length, but being good at football comes first.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Show me any post where I advocated plugging in a 6 ft 6 330 lbs scrub over everything else.

Packers desire size and length and are upgrading in this area and YES THEY MUST BE GOOD PROSPECTS AND NOT SCRUBS.

FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF INCHES.

Look at the sarcastic posts complimenting your new rationality.

Chill out brah

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Exactly. Some mean SOB, who plays angry. Hope this is that guy.

woodbuck27
05-01-2013, 03:04 AM
rbaloha1,

You can't argue with PB on the being a good football player first. TT says it all of the time. The like length. They like to be fast. But they want to be good first.

James Harrison is a 6'0" 240 lbs outside linebacker. You would rather have a 6'3" 250lbs linebacker, but if you have James Harrison in his prime, the important thing is that he's a good player.

They make great players in all sorts of heights and weights at all positions. Justin Smith is as stout as they come at DE, but he's only 285. Matt Light has been a 6'4" 300 lbs LT for a long time, and been really good at it. You'd rather have a 6'6" 330lbs guy, but before you go plugging some scrub in there, you'd rather the guy be good at football first.

You can't argue that.

It's nice that Datone is 6'4", 285lbs, runs well and moves well. If he couldn't play football though, none of it would matter. He's a good player first. Then he has those prototype things that make you feel really excited about how ideal he could be. There are a lot of 6'4" 285lbs players that I'm sure we would have taken well after Sylvester Williams. The one we did take before him, we took primarily because of his game, not because of his length. The length is a very small part of the equation. The coaches are excited about it, but when TT talks, he says yeah, he liked the length, but being good at football comes first.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Awesome post JH.

PACKERS !

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Bob McGinn - Mike: Datone Jones needs to be a player immediately. He must be better than any of their rushers on the D-line, and he must take quality snaps at five-technique in the base. This DL is in trouble if he isn't. The Packers drafted Jones because his prototypical size makes him so much more appealing than the other squatty, less than defined bodies they have been playing with for years. You look at the SF D-line: Ray McDonald, Justin Smith, Ricky Jean Francois, even Isaac Sopoaga. Those guys are all ripped. Granted, RJF and Sopoaga are gone now in free agency, but you get the idea. GB is trying to move away from dumpy guys. Pickett is among the very best in the league at what he has done vs. run. Raji can be very good at times. Howard Green used to be good at it. But the Packers need taller bodies with the chance to raise arms and knock down passes if they can't get there. I think it's why they took Jones over Sly Williams, who was 1 1/2 inches shorter and not as good rushing the passer. Most scouts would take Sly over Jones vs. run.

pbmax
05-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Bob McGinn - Mike: Datone Jones needs to be a player immediately. He must be better than any of their rushers on the D-line, and he must take quality snaps at five-technique in the base. This DL is in trouble if he isn't. The Packers drafted Jones because his prototypical size makes him so much more appealing than the other squatty, less than defined bodies they have been playing with for years. You look at the SF D-line: Ray McDonald, Justin Smith, Ricky Jean Francois, even Isaac Sopoaga. Those guys are all ripped. Granted, RJF and Sopoaga are gone now in free agency, but you get the idea. GB is trying to move away from dumpy guys. Pickett is among the very best in the league at what he has done vs. run. Raji can be very good at times. Howard Green used to be good at it. But the Packers need taller bodies with the chance to raise arms and knock down passes if they can't get there. I think it's why they took Jones over Sly Williams, who was 1 1/2 inches shorter and not as good rushing the passer. Most scouts would take Sly over Jones vs. run.

Bob is now just talking in circles. Or maybe this comment has shown him the dead end of his logic and how he has extrapolated fan emotion to a tidbit of info and gone when no logical being has been before.

Packers know they need to get bigger and tougher. Too soft and small.
They will draft better defined bodies who are taller and not the shorter, squatter types they have drafted earlier.
Shorter squarer players are better versus the run but they need the length to get better against the pass.
Because when they lost to San Fran and Minnesota they clearly could not handle their passing game because they are soft and small.

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Bob is now just talking in circles. Or maybe this comment has shown him the dead end of his logic and how he has extrapolated fan emotion to a tidbit of info and gone when no logical being has been before.

Packers know they need to get bigger and tougher. Too soft and small.
They will draft better defined bodies who are taller and not the shorter, squatter types they have drafted earlier.
Shorter squarer players are better versus the run but they need the length to get better against the pass.
Because when they lost to San Fran and Minnesota they clearly could not handle their passing game because they are soft and small.

Without being a wiseass:
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

pbmax
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Without being a wiseass:
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

I have made my case about why Bob is full of hot air on this issue.

If you wish to extend the debate feel free to make your case. But I am happy with the ground I occupy. I think myself and others have made it clear there are holes in the logic of the original piece, other available explanations for the defenses performance and the overstating of his paraphrased inside information. We have also demonstrated that there is little logic to be found in the draft about bigger and tougher and only the smallest bit of support for taller (one player, by one inch). Taller, by the way, in this case, through Bob's own words, leading to an advantage in pass defense rather than run defense.

And that run defense is how the 49ers and Vikings shredded the Packers last season.

And its kind of funny that the one area on the team that DID get bigger and WILL be on the roster in the Fall is the RB Lacy. Who plays a position not mentioned in Bob's article.

If you want to use your email to pickup info from Bob, knock yourself out. I'm good.

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I have made my case about why Bob is full of hot air on this issue.

If you wish to extend the debate feel free to make your case. But I am happy with the ground I occupy. I think myself and others have made it clear there are holes in the logic of the original piece, other available explanations for the defenses performance and the overstating of his paraphrased inside information. We have also demonstrated that there is little logic to be found in the draft about bigger and tougher and only the smallest bit of support for taller (one player, by one inch). Taller, by the way, in this case, through Bob's own words, leading to an advantage in pass defense rather than run defense.

And that run defense is how the 49ers and Vikings shredded the Packers last season.

And its kind of funny that the one area on the team that DID get bigger and WILL be on the roster in the Fall is the RB Lacy. Who plays a position not mentioned in Bob's article.

If you want to use your email to pickup info from Bob, knock yourself out. I'm good.

This stuff is from his on-line chat.

Without being a wiseass -- do you want me to forward your self proclaimed great stuff to him?

Why don-t you join in to his next on-line chat and challenge him.

Throwing tantrums does not portray you in a favorable manner -- contrary to what you believe. (Not challenging or threatening)

MadtownPacker
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Dammit RB you are suppose to be my snitch but the way you are going I'm gonna find you dead in some alley!

smuggler
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Okay now, idiots. If you can't convince BOBMCGINN that your argument is a good one, it's shit so stop posting it. Don't give your logical argument to me. Email it to Bobby. He's smarter than all of us.

bobbymac@jswebsite.com

*drops mic*

Also, fuck you pbmax you babbby. Stop throwing your tantrums. I'm saying this in a respectful way, so seriously... stop. Bitch. Brah.

Every post you make reads like a study in trolling and some of the rest are in the form of real, actual tantrums. You are one dense motherfucker.

Patler
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Isn't Johnny Jolly one of those short, dumpy-bodied d-lineman McGinn finds disadvantaged? Didn't he have something like 10 pass knockdowns in 2009 in spite of being just 6'3" or whatever?

Another good one at deflecting passes from the DT spot for the Packers was Steve Warren, all 6'1" of him. Just had a knack for it.

Blocking passes has more to do with timing, effort and feel than it does with shear height.

3irty1
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
:drma:

pbmax
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Isn't Johnny Jolly one of those short, dumpy-bodied d-lineman McGinn finds disadvantaged? Didn't he have something like 10 pass knockdowns in 2009 in spite of being just 6'3" or whatever?

Another good one at deflecting passes from the DT spot for the Packers was Steve Warren, all 6'1" of him. Just had a knack for it.

Blocking passes has more to do with timing, effort and feel than it does with shear height.

Jolly was credited in the article for both his toughness and size but it was noted he wasn't the ideal height despite the other strengths of his game.

McGinn has the germ of a point. But in the rush to link size and fit it to fan favorite "toughness" to get an attention grabber, the article became a mess. It did, I am sure, garner a lot of web hits. I have probably read it 4 times. I also guess that SEO and the name JJ Watt somehow figure into this :)

The D line, despite attention paid to it in the draft has underperformed. The two best, Pickett and Raji, are similar physical types who present vastly different problems for O lines. Pickett is a classic NT, not an End. Raji is a penetrator and pass rusher more than a 2 gap DE and he doesn't have Pickett's anchor.

And you can't play them every down. Even though he is not an ideal NT in the base 3-4 Oakie, I hope Raji and Pickett spend time split apart and spend most of their time at the nose or no wider than 3 tech.

I understand the desire to put the 3 best D line out there (its part of the reason I am rooting for Sherrod at LT) but I think the fit at the D line spots is as out of whack as the performance. Everyone will be looking for Jones (or Neal) to supplant Wilson, but I think the biggest mismatch on the line is the non-Wilsonian DE spot. I hope Neal and Jones can relieve the need to play one of those two at DE, where they are not an ideal size or skill match. Raji doesn't offer as much pass rush from DE as he does from DT and Pickett has no pass rush or mobility. If Neal or Jones can be counted on the stand up to interior running and blocking, their youth will also make them better in pursuit.

And running wide is where the 49ers just scorched the Packers. Neither of those players will catch CK, but forcing him wide (with no cutbacks) would make the rest of the defenses job easier

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Every post you make reads like a study in trolling and some of the rest are in the form of real, actual tantrums. You are one dense motherfucker.

MODERATOR -- UNPROVOKED ATTACK -- PLEASE REPRIMAND THANK YOU!

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM

HEY DUMBFUCK -- GO FIST FUCK YOURSELF -- WHEN YOU ARE DONE -- STICK IN YOUR MOUTH WHERE IT BELONGS.

YOU ARE THE TROLL MORON

Mazzin
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Whats the deal with this ass hat?

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 09:54 PM

Another unprovoked attack -- please handle moderator. thank you.

RashanGary
05-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Mention fisting and look who shows up :) :)

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Mention fisting and look who shows up :) :)

Another unprovoked attack from a poster who loves himself and fist fucking:bump:

swede
05-01-2013, 10:30 PM

Half the people on the forum have him on ignore. Join the club.

I just wish people wouldn't quote him out of consideration to the rest of us.

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 10:33 PM

Another unprovoked attack and false claim.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Does anyone else see this playing out any other way than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6uzqlV4fk

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 10:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6uzqlV4fk

Thanks -- very entertaining -- love the boos as he is escorted out LOL

pbmax
05-01-2013, 11:04 PM

That's a fair point.

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
That's a fair point.

Another unprovoked attack -- mod this type of stuff is attempting to call me out like others cry about.

George Cumby
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM

Sadly, no.

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Another unprovoked attack -- mod this type of stuff is attempting to call me out like others cry about.

Hey man

STOP it...stop...slow down and think>>>go easy>>>sloooowwww down.

Try your damnest to be Super cool. Take a couple of days off. Walk in the woods>>>go fishing.

Get laid. Drink some carrot juice. Chill>>>chill>>chill out.

Pay attention to me. I care.

OK!??

Or I fear for you it will be this >>>:smack:

sharpe1027
05-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Thank you.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey man

Try your damnest to be Super cool. Take a couple of days off. Walk in the woods>>>go fishing.

OK!??

Dude -- I am cool. Too many posters dish it out but are crybabies when you point out stuff.

The nonsense to make a point -- Justin Smith at 270 lbs., etc etc.

I live in paradise while others suffer in miserable places. Life is wonderful.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Thank you.

Be original and not a parrot -- Thank you.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 09:24 AM
"There's guys that can play that are all sizes," Packer general manager Ted Thompson said. "I think it's nice to have the taller ones if you can."

Capers agreed.

"It's important," Capers said of Jones' length. "If you're drawing up a defensive end, you'd like to have a guy with his kind of height and length. It was one of the things that were appealing to us.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
But Jones had a breakout senior year with 6½ sacks and 19 tackles for a loss, coinciding with the arrival of head coach Jim Mora, who installed a 3-4 defense similar to the one Capers runs.

"It's a good fit for me, because they run a lot of different schemes," Jones said of Green Bay's defense. "They run a lot of 3-4, a lot of different fronts, a lot of nickel. That's what I'm used to playing. Their defense is a little bit built for me."

pbmax
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Not sure the Packers agree with this assessment, as I thought they were looking forward to his pass rush first, but just in case:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/46341626

Finds Talent: Satisfactory. The Packers found a lot of players with one or two strengths and one or two glaring weaknesses. Datone Jones is a natural two-gap defensive lineman but not a pass rusher, Eddie Lacy a bruising running back with rudimentary receiving skills, Johnathan Franklin an all-purpose runner with no one true purpose, Micah Hyde a high-effort cornerback/free safety tweener, and so on.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Not sure the Packers agree with this assessment, as I thought they were looking forward to his pass rush first, but just in case:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/46341626

Tgorvac stated he makes projections.

Based on videos DJ appeared to be playing one gap.

As KY pointed out the Packers like the 5's to play 2 gap which ties up blockers and allows backers flowing to the ball.

IMO the Packers think DJ can be either a 1 gapper or 2 gapper which is good since it keeps o-linemen guessing.

The niner game shall provide some clues.

pbmax
05-02-2013, 11:36 AM
KY stated the Packers only regularly 2 gap the NT I believe.

Guiness
05-02-2013, 11:57 AM

+1, thanks for bringing that up. It does seem like it doesn't happen often though.

I also asked MTP at one point if there was a way to get rid of the annoying place holder that shows up for each ignored post. Ignore means ignore.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 12:01 PM
+1, thanks for bringing that up. It does seem like it doesn't happen often though.

I also asked MTP at one point if there was a way to get rid of the annoying place holder that shows up for each ignored post. Ignore means ignore.

Another unprovoked attack.

What is your problem. Your ignore stuff is a myth.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Another unprovoked attack.

What is your problem? Your ignore stuff is a myth.

There are currently 80 users browsing this forum. (24 members & 56 guests)
rbaloha1, bobblehead, woodbuck27, 3irty1, pbmax, LP, Upnorth, swede, Guiness, wist43, MadtownPacker, Gunakor, MadScientist, run pMc, smuggler, QBME, Razer, Ballboy, denverYooper, Pugger, Oscar, Old School, Cheesehead Craig, Patler

MadtownPacker
05-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Another unprovoked attack -- mod this type of stuff is attempting to call me out like others cry about.You really must live in paradise if you call that an attack. You are gonna have to decide if you want to be part of this community. Right now I'm thinking you do but under your terms. Sorry that ain't happening. So consider what you want. I have always been hesitant to ban anyone and when it happens it has rarely been permanent. You already got shutdown once. You can't expect to act like an ass and not get called on it. You don't like what you call the "clique" or "club" mentality here well then maybe you should move on. You make the call before I have to.

3irty1
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't like the ignore feature. I can't imagine a combination of words a poster could write that would be such a bummer that I'd be worse off for having read them. I also can't imagine a troll that's so incredibly good at trolling that I need an ignore function to stop myself from enraging with them over and over. I'd like to think I can choose not to feed a troll on my own. The way I see it, using the feature to block a troll is validating a troll's ability to troll me. I'm not about to give people the power like that.

I'd rather take the community as a whole. Being a dipshit in a community is its own punishment.

hoosier
05-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Speaking of Datone (and Franklin), does anyone know if the NFL still has the rule that says that newly drafted players cannot start practicing with their pro team until their college academic year is finished? Because UCLA's year doesn't end until June 14. That used to overlap with the start of offseason activities, but maybe not any more.

MadtownPacker
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't like the ignore feature. I can't imagine a combination of words a poster could write that would be such a bummer that I'd be worse off for having read them. I also can't imagine a troll that's so incredibly good at trolling that I need an ignore function to stop myself from enraging with them over and over. I'd like to think I can choose not to feed a troll on my own. The way I see it, using the feature to block a troll is validating a troll's ability to troll me. I'm not about to give people the power like that.

I'd rather take the community as a whole. Being a dipshit in a community is its own punishment.
Great post. Repped.

Mazzin
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I like that, JH. How do you rep on here?

RashanGary
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey man

OK!??

Woodbuck, unorthodox as he may be, is about the most understanding, decent guy you'll run into. When he makes this post, it means he's on your side and he's helping.

You've been here a long time. It's a cool place to be. I wouldn't want to be banned.

RashanGary
05-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Is getting repped by a girl similar to getting laid? Don't answer, cuz I'm going to go on believing it :)

MadtownPacker
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Wassup? It's the little black star on the bottom of each post.

Mazzin
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Is getting repped by a girl similar to getting laid? Don't answer, cuz I'm going to go on believing it :) So how do you rep Harrell? I admit my nub-ness on this forum, mostly a lurker.

MadtownPacker
05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
You click on the blackstar at the bottom of his post that you like. You will get a popup letting positive or negative rep. It's on the same line where you would click reply.

RashanGary
05-02-2013, 02:22 PM
You click on the blackstar at the bottom of his post that you like. You will get a popup letting positive or negative rep. It's on the same line where you would click reply.

Below the persons name. . .

Black Star - - - - - Warning

It's like your first time, and I'm showing you how to do it :-P

This is love

KYPack
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM

This is love

You do know that Mazzin is a couple?

You know, half man, half woman?

RashanGary
05-02-2013, 02:55 PM
You do know that Mazzin is a couple?

You know, half man, half woman?

No, Mazzin is a'mazzin, a girl, who likes the Packers, with a boyfriend.

I hate him.

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Exactly 3irty1. It's like giving in to a terrorist threat,a blackmailer or highjacker. You stay STRONG unless your sensative/weak. Neither of those speaks of manhood.

Ignore >>> snore.

Any man that uses the IGNORE function on another male poster here, unless temporarily, 'for any length of time'. Isn't very strong in terms of his manhood.

It's also this. Keep your friends close...your enemy closer.

As a poster you try to be fair to everyone. You offer goodwill to all posters. You try to be a team person; contribute as best you can to the community. It's a factor of being real and hoping to fit in the community. That often takes time. Respect is earned where I come from. Fairness might be expected but respect takes time.

Too often I see a newer poster play 'the silly asshat Alpha Male card'. Comes onto the forum with a chip on his shoulder and trys to be accepted by trying too hard. ALL attitude. That poster will act stupid here; as that poster acts stupid in real life.

A forum isn't a place for a stupid poster. That's counter productive as to the real intent of a forum. I believe that's focused on growing/learning. Acting respectfully with one another; without sacrificing dignity and personal values, that are good.

I can overlook alot of stuff. I never ignore 'stupidity' or 'bad attitude'. I often have difficulty with ignorance. Thankfully that's easy to spot.

I can't stand Alpha Male types. I'm at a disadvantage on a forum. I can't put their ass on the mat. That frustrates me somewhat. Some posters imagine I'm some frail old twisted man. That's far from the TRUTH.

For me to ever resort to 'the IGNORE Function'. I must be so fricken annoid with a (male) poster that I'm about to post (take down) some very bad shit on that poster. Regardless of how some here like to 'cage me'. I'm capable with the English language.

It's a fight... 'a rumble' with words. Unfortunately that's not nice, it's nasty. That crap stinks up the neighborhood.

If necessary write your mind. Get errr done and over with pronto. Make clear your position>>>one time.

The real issue there. Take that poster out PRONTO. Noone wins >>> especially the community if it takes too long to prove a point.

Get errrr done ... end it.

You handle it all just like in life. Use your brains and common sense.

I would 'only use' the IGNORE function as a temporary strategy. I don't give 'no corner' to ignorance, male or female. Bad behaviour is just that >>> bad behaviour and unwarranted by any gender.

I am what I am. I cannot escape my heritage/my personal integrity. I've always refused to sacrifice my personal integrity. My skills are honed thanks to a fortunate life and sound mentorship.

If a poster cannot get along with me. That poster is seriously troubled, somehow. Alpha Male shit and motions of superiority. Piss's me off.

Some people are 'plain and simple' screwed up ... troubled/disturbed, easy to identify.

The IGNORE Function.

That's for 'the weak' and often 'the arrogant'. That's for those that cling to cliques. That's for the labelers. See ARROGANT.

IGNORE...I don't think so.

If I get there then that poster has won. It doesn't matter what perception I may have of that poster; and just how accurate my perception is. I've allowed that poster to get inside of me.

That just isn't going to happen; unless I get orders from a position of power/authority.

I respect any reason for the Power's To Be... making such request or a heads up. In most cases that's for the good of the community as a whole. Confrontation has turned to selfish confrontatiion.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
:drma:

I'm just trying to see if the 'BUCK' deer was shot. Holy smokes!

Last night when I went to bed it was:

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/deer-hunting-car-accidents-3.jpg

About ...right here. I was concerned.

I'm not sure if the BUCK was!?

bobblehead
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Remember in Braveheart where he gets the chance to avenge his womans death and he simply slits the guys throat and moves on. We all wanted torture, a big speech, etc. Well, think of the ignore function as that. I don't want to deal with him, so slitting his throat is quick and efficient way of moving on. /ignore

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM

It's like that song:

"So Complicated"

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Remember in Braveheart where he gets the chance to avenge his womans death and he simply slits the guys throat and moves on. We all wanted torture, a big speech, etc. Well, think of the ignore function as that. I don't want to deal with him, so slitting his throat is quick and efficient way of moving on. /ignore

Ohh Boy. Yaa gotta love Packerrats.

Your post somehow reminded me of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/44/Freddy_Krueger.JPG/250px-Freddy_Krueger.JPG

Hellllooooo sweetheart.

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks -- very entertaining -- love the boos as he is escorted out LOL

Damn! Mad I get it....I felt that there was something familiar there.

rbaloha1 is the new persona for Scott Campbell.

You've got to appreciate that response. So much like SC.

Bretsky
05-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Mazzin is hot

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Great post. Repped.

My point is I am publically reprimanded when other far worse stuff is allowed.

I only started acting like a "crybaby" to bring attention to the real crybabies (everyone know who they are because e-mails are forwarded to me which I am going to make public pending approval.)

Bottom Line: Too may poster are crybabies/whiners -- pretend to be classy then trash talk.

Mod, I know you are in tough position dealing with us knuckleheads:roll:

The public forwarded e-mails shall reveal much:roll::-)

RashanGary
05-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Mad was probably giving you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you didn't realize that you were really bothering a lot of people. Get over yourself, man. This isn't all about poor, pitiful you.

Wow, just wow.

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
My point is I am publically reprimanded when other far worse stuff is allowed.

I only started acting like a "crybaby" to bring attention to the real crybabies (everyone know who they are because e-mails are forwarded to me which I am going to make public pending approval.)

Bottom Line: Too may poster are crybabies/whiners -- pretend to be classy then trash talk.

Mod, I know you are in tough position dealing with us knuckleheads:roll:

The public forwarded e-mails shall reveal much:roll::-)

Be good...I'm pulling for you. NO damn excuses ...post like a man.

Don't let me down. I've seen posters come here and get to where you are right now and get punched out. Duck ...duck more. If a poster acts unfriendly>>> it's water off a ducks back.

Be stronger.There are posters here simply waiting for you to fall. Fool all of them.

Don't allow that failure 'in you' to >>> get you. Just think about every post before you submit.

Revision is your BEST FRIEND. Don't bite on any poster that tags you with any crap. Read and ignore it.

Don't worry about respect . First >>> simply be a member.

Be a part of this thing we call Packerrats. It's very good here. We need posters so don't commit poster suicide.

Mad doesn't want to hurt you but if you don't clean up. He will do what he has to for the overall harmony at Packerrats. It won't even be personal. Mad isn't your enemy. Mad needs your best here.

Simple>>>It's really ALL ON YOU Packer fan.

DON'T LET ME DOWN...Please. :!: Be very very cool. :!:

woodbuck27
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Mad was probably giving you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you didn't realize that you were really bothering a lot of people. Get over yourself, man. This isn't all about poor, pitiful you.

Wow, just wow.

Please check your inbox, JH

Have a nice evening.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM

Wow, just wow.

Please get over yourself for acting like God.

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Be good...I'm pulling for you. NO damn excuses ...post like a man.

Don't let me down. I've seen posters come here and get to where you are right now and get punched out. Duck ...duck more. If a poster acts unfriendly>>> it's water off a ducks back.

Be stronger.There are posters here simply waiting for you to fall. Fool all of them.

Don't allow that failure 'in you' to >>> get you. Just think about every post before you submit.

Revision is your BEST FRIEND. Don't bite on any poster that tags you with any crap. Read and ignore it.

Don't worry about respect . First >>> simply be a member.

Be a part of this thing we call Packerrats. It's very good here. We need posters so don't commit poster suicide.

Mad doesn't want to hurt you but if you don't clean up. He will do what he has to for the overall harmony at Packerrats. It won't even be personal. Mad isn't your enemy. Mad needs your best here.

Simple>>>It's really ALL ON YOU Packer fan.

DON'T LET ME DOWN...Please. :!: Be very very cool. :!:

Do not worry -- it is pure comedy!:bclap:

Mazzin
05-02-2013, 10:51 PM

This is love

You guys are killing it tonight, we are over here dying. I enjoy lurking, but it's even better to comment when you get golden nuggets such as this.

Guiness
05-02-2013, 11:38 PM

I don't engage over and over either, but in this case I just find his posts tiresome more than anything. I read a very high %age of the total material posted here (wow, I just realized that's kinda depressing!) some of it I agree with, some of it I don't - but very little of it crosses over the line of decency and gets personally insulting. Some does...

rbaloha1
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't engage over and over either, but in this case I just find his posts tiresome more than anything. I read a very high %age of the total material posted here (wow, I just realized that's kinda depressing!) some of it I agree with, some of it I don't - but very little of it crosses over the line of decency and gets personally insulting. Some does...

Please ignore me and get a good night sleep.

Love you.

woodbuck27
05-11-2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/videonetwork/2372286114001

Packers rookie camp: DE Datone Jones

" Green Bay Packers defensive end Datone Jones, the team's first-round draft pick, talks as rookie orientation camp begins on Friday, May 10, 2013. "

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-11-2013, 10:10 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130510/PKR01/305100418/Jones-should-great-fit-against-read-option-scrambling-quarterbacks?odyssey=mod|lateststories

Source is PackersNews.Com:

(Datone) Jones should be great fit against read option, scrambling quarterbacks

May 10, 2013

"The Packers’ season-ending blowout loss left general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy determined to get more athletic on defense and led directly to Thompson using his most prized offseason asset, his first-round draft pick at No. 26 overall, on UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones.

Thompson had other viable options — most notably, a highly regarded 320-pound defensive lineman in North Carolina’s Sylvester Williams.

But he went for Jones, who at 6-37/8 and 285 pounds is a significantly lighter but longer and more athletic front-line defender. It was a direct response to that playoff loss and desire for players who have a better shot at chasing down the Colin Kaepernicks and Robert Griffin IIIs of the NFL." Fr. LINK

GO PACK GO !

rbaloha1
05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
The more I learn about DJ the more I enjoy this pick.

Expect CJ to be on the bench.