PDA

View Full Version : The Continued Whacked Chronicles - Tebow cut

Guiness
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
So Tebow was finally cut by the Jets. What the impetus for the timing is a mystery. Maybe they held out some slim hope they'd get something for him during the draft, but it was slim indeed. Certainly they had no intentions of bringing him into TC. They did him no favours holding onto him this long, for someone who by all accounts was a standup guy during his time with the team, despite getting a raw deal.

I wonder if he makes in back into the NFL. Guy has shown he's a hard worker, and will do what it takes to help his team - the 'punt protector' role worked well. Have to think using him at FB with the potential of a Fullback pass would be just as effective. Sure, he brings a circus, but that's not his doing (mostly...).
I wonder if he'll accept a position change? He has to know now that no one will let him compete for a starting QB spot.

In somewhat related news, Geno Smith shows that there are more inmates in the asylum, claiming the Jets will make the playoffs this coming season!

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Packer fan..

That's all and I mean ALL the talk this day so far on NFL Access.

My head is pounding with it. I had to turn it off. My TV is tuned into that channel 80% of the time during morning/afternoon hours. (conservative estimate).

It's a good thing that Mae loves football. That she's like me ... always learning/growing. :smile:

PACKERS !

hoosier
04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
I think Tebow was just born a decade too late. He would have been lights out in the Arena league when it first went public.

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
I think Tebow was just born a decade too late. He would have been lights out in the Arena league when it first went public.

I feel badly for that young man. I hope he finds his place.