PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Bob McGinn

RashanGary
04-29-2013, 11:17 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/mcginns-draft-picks-no-1-for-third-straight-year-9a9opvj-205337451.html

1st in the nation with his top 100 big-board for the 3rd consecutive year
2nd in the nation (average over the last 5 years) with his 1st round mock

Maybe Bob McGinn rubs us wrong from time to time (OK, all the time) with his brashness, but we are lucky to have one of the best sports writers in the country covering our team.

RashanGary
04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
And to Woodbuck, if you're looking for a reliable opinion on the 1st round of our draft, Bob McGinn is #1 in the nation the last 5 years. His most recent article is that the Packers 2013 draft class has the makings of huge impact, like our 2009 draft class.

We know you don't like it. But the bottom line is, the Packers have two potential big-time players in the mix. One, McGinn calls a very safe pick with high-impact potential (Datone Jones) and the other an injury concern with huge impact potential (Lacy.)

He also calls my guy, Bakhtiari a bit of a project. He can't be perfect :)

rbaloha1
04-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Get ready for an avalanche of posters ready to discredit your post.

Furthermore others claim they have better intelligence than Mcginn.

Grab a beer and get ready for laughs.

Bob your draft preparation is ichiban.

Keep up the good work!

woodbuck27
04-29-2013, 11:54 PM
And to Woodbuck, if you're looking for a reliable opinion on the 1st round of our draft, Bob McGinn is #1 in the nation the last 5 years. His most recent article is that the Packers 2013 draft class has the makings of huge impact, like our 2009 draft class.

We know you don't like it. But the bottom line is, the Packers have two potential big-time players in the mix. One, McGinn calls a very safe pick with high-impact potential (Datone Jones) and the other an injury concern with huge impact potential (Lacy.)

Hi JH:

What got to me when it was all over JH.

Just toooo much TT. It's like this. Your the fella in the damn fight. I mean your getting it on and your opponent is a tough bugger. That scrap 'of course' draws a gallery. Damn this prick fights dirty and you know it because your in there taking the shit.

When the fights over the gallery comments on how good the fight was. Ohh Geeee Yea! What a good fight.

Well along with you as I re-call and and seven to ten others. We were in that shitstorm fight. I sat religiously through every fricken' draft pick until TT was done in Rd. 7 Pick #232. I mean every pick not just TT's... sometime's ... picks. I had fricken paper surrounding me 'up to the yipyo. My Lady sat through it all and worked with me. I've seldom done that much head scratchin'.

We had our own personal 'War Room'. Mae and I fed one another information throughout Saturday. WE were preparing at 8 AM Saturday AM.

That was a mean fight. The Packer fan in me took a Royal Shit Kicking. I've never seen such weird responses ... such big surprizes as TT offered Mae and I last Saturday.

It's been a long time since I was that totally frustrated and pissed off. :cat:

Thanks for the lead JH. I certainly will be checking out Bob McGinn's article.

GO PACK GO!

Joemailman
04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
I think a lot of people respect McGinn here. I know I do. Although I think he sometimes uses selective info to bolster a point he's trying to make, he seems to have good sources which provide information you won't get from any other Packer beat writers.

RashanGary
04-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I think a lot of people respect McGinn here. I know I do. Although I think he sometimes uses selective info to bolster a point he's trying to make, he seems to have good sources which provide information you won't get from any other Packer beat writers.

That's how I see it too. He loves to make hard, decisive points.

We all like to be given a bunch of information and make our own conclusions. I think that's a common thing. He's not that kind of writer.

Nobody can put information together perfectly in football. There are way too many variables. But some people are really good at it. McGinn is one of those people. I think it would be stupid to take what McGinn says as gospel or anything like that. I think it would be even more idiotic to dismiss what he says. He has good, smart, strong opinions. He's going to be wrong, but then he'll be right too.

One thing he's talked about that I haven't loved, but haven't really taken fully to heart either is the Packers being soft. I've never argued against it, but I've always sort of thought it would just get better, that it was a lul. And maybe it is. But I think he's really right on that. The Packers have been soft the last two years (compared to the toughest teams anyway.) We need to get tougher.

I sure hope Jones brings some nasty to the defense and Lacy brings some bang to our running game. That would help us a lot. Football is still a game won by the bully. You have to beat up and beat down your opponent. Not every game, but to win the SB, you have to have that kind of team. Everyone is so wimpy about head shots and injuries and all that. But the reality is, football is about winning. Beating the living fuck out of the guys across from you is the surest way to win. That's a fact you'll have to get used to if you want to root for a winner. And when you're watching, if you see our guys really fuck up their guys, if you're not cheering, maybe you should be watching another sport. That is the essence of winning, physically beating the shit out of the other guy.

woodbuck27
04-30-2013, 12:27 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/mcginns-draft-picks-no-1-for-third-straight-year-9a9opvj-205337451.html

1st in the nation with his top 100 big-board for the 3rd consecutive year
2nd in the nation (average over the last 5 years) with his 1st round mock

Maybe Bob McGinn rubs us wrong from time to time (OK, all the time) with his brashness, but we are lucky to have one of the best sports writers in the country covering our team.

Bob McGinn got what? 26 right out of 32 in Round one. Great for him, yet I can't say I'm totally impressed. There are several members of Packerrats that would match that.

87 out of the Top 100. Lets have a contest next year here at Packerrats; and topple Bob McGinn.

The .....I wanna topple Bob McGinn TOP 100. We'll give Ole Bob a run. :-)

I will bet it as 'a lock' that a poster here tops Bob McGinn. I'm serious. We've smarter football people posting here. Smarter by far than 90% of football people that make a living as football analysts. I've seen 'the proof of that fact', over and over, since 2006 as a member of Packerrats.

He predicted the Packers would take Sylvester Williams with the 26th pick (Tyler Dunne of the JS correctly picked Datone Jones for the Packers in his mock draft for Packer Plus magazine).

I'm on record here as agreeing with Bob McGinn as he picked Sylvester Williams. I mean that as I explained in a thread RE: how it all played out to TT's pick at #26. In my Mock I went to Datone Jones.

In reality when I saw Sylvester Williams slip past Minny. I preferred him over Datone 'Hollywood' Jones. In my analysis I had Sylvester Williams going to Minny at Pick #23.

TT went with Datone Jones and I accepted that 'no problem as that pick covered, (as I saw it) our 1st Priority Need...3-4 'Rush' DE.

I had no difficulty with the value in Eddie Lacy at Pick NO 61.

After that pick I posted here that TT was 'the Wizard'. I deemed Ted Thompson ... Ted 'The Wizard' Thompson.

I'm a fair man. Just reward is worth due reward.

Again ... I wasn't pleased with the trade back to #61 FR. #55 with the San Francisco 49ers; but I rationalized with.... TT picked up a little more.

I was a tad tossed off by the value of the return. I was looking at the Draft Trade Value Chart on Draft Countdown.com. There must be a new secret Draft Trade value Chart. LOL

So there you go.

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
04-30-2013, 12:41 AM

We all like to be given a bunch of information and make our own conclusions. I think that's a common thing. He's not that kind of writer.

Nobody can put information together perfectly in football. There are way too many variables. But some people are really good at it. McGinn is one of those people. I think it would be stupid to take what McGinn says as gospel or anything like that. I think it would be even more idiotic to dismiss what he says. He has good, smart, strong opinions. He's going to be wrong, but then he'll be right too.

One thing he's talked about that I haven't loved, but haven't really taken fully to heart either is the Packers being soft. I've never argued against it, but I've always sort of thought it would just get better, that it was a lul. And maybe it is. But I think he's really right on that. The Packers have been soft the last two years (compared to the toughest teams anyway.) We need to get tougher.

I sure hope Jones brings some nasty to the defense and Lacy brings some bang to our running game. That would help us a lot. Football is still a game won by the bully. You have to beat up and beat down your opponent. Not every game, but to win the SB, you have to have that kind of team. Everyone is so wimpy about head shots and injuries and all that. But the reality is, football is about winning. Beating the living fuck out of the guys across from you is the surest way to win. That's a fact you'll have to get used to if you want to root for a winner. And when you're watching, if you see our guys really fuck up their guys, if you're not cheering, maybe you should be watching another sport. That is the essence of winning, physically beating the shit out of the other guy.

Absolutely right on.

My Mock was designed best it could be with all I had on hand with that as my focus. I wanted toughness... because the pins on a bowling lane stand up better than our defense... trying to tackle any talented athlete.

The Green Bay Packers suck at tackling. They might resemble marshmellows to the gifted opposition.The real enemy. That's any legitimate playoff bound team.

Did TT fix that in this draft? No...but he might have helped alleviate some pain watching his defense.

That rumor of Desmond Bishop and a trade was such nonsence. We need three or four more Desmond Bishop's.

GO PACK GO !

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
I salute you Bob.

Thank you for the free information which is underappreciated by this board.

hoosier
04-30-2013, 09:09 AM

Bakhtiari probably is kind of a project. Nothing wrong with that. They are gambling that the mix of Bulaga, Newhouse, Sherrod and Barclay will produce at least two viable starters for 2013. If Newhouse continues to improve and if Bulaga can stay healthy, that should be a pretty safe bet, and then Barclay is a reasonable third option in case someone goes down. But this picture is also the downside of McCarthy's emphasis on versatility: nobody really knows where they will be playing until game time, and the line doesn't have the chance to develop the kind of continuity it had during the early 2000s, when Tauscher, Rivera, Flanagan, Wahle and Clifton were set in stone.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Agree about versatility -- find a position and keep repping them. For example: it was not smart to try Sherrod at guard first.

The Persian needs to win the lt job pronto -- which I expect he will. Footwork and smarts are there. Plus the dude works out with the Clay maker. Clay will get him ready and productive to start.

woodbuck27
04-30-2013, 10:53 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1621026-nfl-draft-2013-results-biggest-winners-losers-of-the-nfl-draft#/articles/1621776-who-was-the-most-accurate-draft-expert-this-year

Who Was the Most Accurate NFL Draft Expert This Year?

Bob McGinn

" Since draft guru Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News was shifted to other assignments, Bob McGinn has stepped up to fill the void.

While the television analysts are the most recognizable names in draft coverage, McGinn has established himself as the one with the best inside information. His annual draft series, featuring in-depth analysis from scouts, is a must-read for every draft fan. McGinn suffered a down year for his mock draft, but still ranked 23rd overall and is second in The Huddle Report's five-year averages.

He also won the top 100 contest for the third consecutive year and is tops in the five-year averages." FR. LINK

Other Analysts given credit in this article are:

a) Todd McShay, ESPN

b) Mel Kiper, ESPN

Note:

Despite the down year, Kiper's mock draft average still ranks among the best in the business.

Kiper has a five-year average mock draft score of 42, placing him fifth overall.

Despite his success with the mock draft, Kiper typically struggles to predict the top 100. He correctly predicted just 77 of this year's top 100 picks, and his five-year average of 77.8 ranks 20th out of 26 analysts. Fr. LINK

c) Mike Mayock, NFL.com

d) Jason Boris, Times News

Note:

" For the past 13 years, Boris has been publishing his mock draft in the Times News, a newspaper based out of Lehighton, Pennsylvania.

Boris' five-year average score of 46.2 on the The Huddle Report is over three points higher than the next best on the list, Bob McGinn.

This year, Boris' mock draft finished second with a score of 50, losing a tiebreaker to Reginald Brooks of Fantasy Football 1on1. It was the second time in the last three years that Boris placed second overall, and the seventh time he has finished in the top 10." FR. LINK

GO PACK GO !

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Keep the accolades coming.

Imagine if McGinn finished in last place?

denverYooper
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Keep the accolades coming.

Imagine if McGinn finished in last place?

Imagine there's no country. No religion too.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Imagine there's no country. No religion too.

There are none.

Bretsky
04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
No suprise; he wins award after award. He's anti homer, but I find him highly entertaining and appreciate the many points he makes that are often debated in here.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I like McGinn. I think he and Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News are the best at what they do--although I'm not sure Gosselin is that devoted to the draft anymore. I remember his role changing a couple of years ago. (Perhaps his content was put behind an "insider wall".) McGinn's sources are awesome, and that's what really matters when you do what he does. Like all writers, he likes to stir the pot. You just have to realize those things are his opinion and not gospel.

Smeefers
04-30-2013, 07:57 PM

Jesus christ, what have you done with JH? Since when are you the level headed voice of reason from the fog? I'm callin the cops.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 08:00 PM
No suprise; he wins award after award. He's anti homer, but I find him highly entertaining and appreciate the many points he makes that are often debated in here.

Interesting -- others feel he is the mouthpiece for packer management propaganda and holds the holy grail.

Joemailman
04-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Interesting -- others feel he is the mouthpiece for packer management propaganda and holds the holy grail.

Who? I don't know of anyone who thinks McGinn speaks for Packer management. I thought those who don't like McGinn don't like him because he's too negative about the Packers.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Who? I don't know of anyone who thinks McGinn speaks for Packer management. I thought those who don't like McGinn don't like him because he's too negative about the Packers.

If you have time and desire entertainment go back and check-out the too soft stuff:cow:

pbmax
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
McGinn isn't a toady or uninformed. He's good. But that doesn't mean every article is a pillar of clear thinking. Something has to go in the paper weekly whether its based on logic or an emotional appeal to fans.

Remember, Bob thought it disgraceful the Packers canned seen coaches and dared to bring in a new DC without firing McCarthy as well. It was unprecedented as the Packers had never before let that many coaches go and retained the Head Coach. Bob never sat down to count haw many coaches Bart Starr or Devine had on staff.

It was a symbol of a franchise in disarray in Bob's head.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 09:47 PM
McGinn isn't a toady or uninformed. He's good. But that doesn't mean every article is a pillar of clear thinking. Something has to go in the paper weekly whether its based on logic or an emotional appeal to fans.

Remember, Bob thought it disgraceful the Packers canned seen coaches and dared to bring in a new DC without firing McCarthy as well. It was unprecedented as the Packers had never before let that many coaches go and retained the Head Coach. Bob never sat down to count haw many coaches Bart Starr or Devine had on staff.

It was a symbol of a franchise in disarray in Bob's head.

Standard sour grapes.

I guess you will not be sending Mr. McGinn a congratulatory e-mail?:huh:

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
I salute you Bob.

Thank you for the free information which is underappreciated by this board.
Exactly who the fuck are you to call everyone out? Just wondering. I doubt everyone on this board under-appreciates him. Stupid fucking post and you wonder why you get shit talked to you. Or maybe you just like stirring shit huh?

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 10:29 PM

It was a symbol of a franchise in disarray in Bob's head.Fucking unappreciative McGinn hater.

:lol:

wist43
04-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Fucking unappreciative McGinn hater.

:lol:

I salute your impartiality sir... shoot 'em all, and sort it out later :)

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Exactly who the fuck are you to call everyone out? Just wondering. I doubt everyone on this board under-appreciates him. Stupid fucking post and you wonder why you get shit talked to you. Or maybe you just like stirring shit huh?

Should I point out when others call me out unprompted?

Other threads had some seriously trash talking that you allowed?

Do you want me the trash talking police? LOL

RashanGary
04-30-2013, 10:41 PM
rhaloha1,

What the fuck, man. Chill out. You're not even fighting with fighters. You're fighting with guys who like to talk football *TALK* not *FIGHT.* Yet here you are, fighting with talkers. Let it go, man. Let it go. You've made your points. Some of them make sense. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and if they don't, deal with it. That's life.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 10:46 PM
rhaloha1,

What the fuck, man. Chill out. You're not even fighting with fighters. You're fighting with guys who like to talk football *TALK* not *FIGHT.* Yet here you are, fighting with talkers. Let it go, man. Let it go. You've made your points. Some of them make sense. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and if they don't, deal with it. That's life.

dude, i am chill -- suggest you also take into consideration your sound advice.

dude, what would have happened if someone had a rating which ranked mcginn #65? what would others be posting who continually discredit mcginn.

too many dish it out but can not handle when someone is horsing around.

dude, please chill and do not stuff so personal brah

woodbuck27
04-30-2013, 11:04 PM

I've taken some time today to look at Ted thompsons 2013 Draft in terms of just the picks he made. Not looking at strategy, trading partners (**San Fran ripped TT off 2X) and loss's in Trade Value (in all four of his moves).

** San Fran also ripped off the Dallas Cowboys when they moved up to their #18 pick Rd. 1 and selected FS Eric Reid. The Boys lost 80 value points in that exchange of 1st Rd. picks. How San Francisco can pull that shit off is a mystery thus far to me.

TT did extremely well in terms of value and four picks:

DE Datone Jones; RB's Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin (were both outstanding value picks) and he got excellent value picking OT David Bakhtiari.

Good value picks:

DT Josh Boyd; WR Charles Johnson and ILB Sam Barrington.

I'm still assessing CB Micah Hyde and OT J.C. Tretter. They look at first glance as reach's but there's evidence that TT has done his homework with these two picks. Overall it looks like he did OK.

OLB Nate Palmer and WR Kevin Dorsey deserve our prayers. :-? Good luck to these hopeful men.

Hey! Good luck to them all and to Ted Thompson (and his draft team) and may he receive noted success down the road in recognition of this draft class.

Many of us felt we needed alot more at RB. When he failed to get RB Stephen Jackson in FA nd looked at others it certainly isn't a surprize that he targeted RB in this draft. The best part of that is getting two highly regarded RB's. Draft Scout had Lacy and Franklin ranked 1-2.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Jesus christ, what have you done with JH? Since when are you the level headed voice of reason from the fog? I'm callin the cops.

I read everything that JH has on here and assess it carefully. That member posts information. You can take it or leave it but he contributes solid material.

JH posts with an edge. The straight in message. You never get 'any cute BS' from this poster.

When he's not here so much; I miss his input.

PACKERS !

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Should I point out when others call me out unprompted?

Other threads had some seriously trash talking that you allowed?

Do you want me the trash talking police? LOLThey are calling out your opinion, you are generalizing everyone on this forum. Fucking annoying and troll like. In case you didn't notice mixing it up is allowed but you dont have any rhyme or reason and seem to be intentionally starting shit. Do you think you are the fucking expert here? Seriously do you because everyone elses opinion that differs is not worth piss I'm guessing? Im just checking and would like to know. Because if you think that is the case you have got it fucked up. I like your fire, I do but damn make it legit at least. Dont be upset that we like Patler. Or that PB handles the Twitter and tries to email the so called experts. But most importantly dont call people out on this board like they aint shit or see yourself removed, permanently. I dont give too much a fuck about this place and I dont give any fuck about you. Come back in a new name acting a fool? Ill just delete that account too. So how about just fighting the good fight but knowing when to let go? Everyone else comes here to feel like an expert too after all.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I salute your impartiality sir... shoot 'em all, and sort it out later :)
It's that insane Euro blood mixed in my veins I tell you.

rbaloha1
04-30-2013, 11:29 PM
They are calling out your opinion, you are generalizing everyone on this forum. Fucking annoying and troll like. In case you didn't notice mixing it up is allowed but you dont have any rhyme or reason and seem to be intentionally starting shit. Do you think you are the fucking expert here? Seriously do you because everyone elses opinion that differs is not worth piss I'm guessing? Im just checking and would like to know. Because if you think that is the case you have got it fucked up. I like your fire, I do but damn make it legit at least. Dont be upset that we like Patler. Or that PB handles the Twitter and tries to email the so called experts. But most importantly dont call people out on this board like they aint shit or see yourself removed, permanently. I dont give too much a fuck about this place and I dont give any fuck about you. Come back in a new name acting a fool? Ill just delete that account too. So how about just fighting the good fight but knowing when to let go? Everyone else comes here to feel like an expert too after all.

Seriously do you want me to be the trash talking police and point-out when other call me out unprompted?

The love you suggest is unsupported by e-mails sent to me.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Yes I do so from now on dont say anything to them. Send me a link to the post and I will take it from there.

The fact you are replying to this shit is support enough.

rbaloha1
05-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes I do so from now on dont say anything to them. Send me a link to the post and I will take it from there.

The fact you are replying to this shit is support enough.

Okay, I am surprised you missed it.

Please do not forget sarcasm is on the spectrum of bullying.

I shall politely point-out the inappropriate trash talk -- if you agree, they must also be pubically reprimanded.

Trust me -- posters crying about me are not choir boys and try to disguise their trash talk by whining about me. The biggest crybabies are biggest culprits.

Okay -- it is on!