PDA

View Full Version : Martin Gramatica released..

imscott72
08-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Is he Green Bay bound?? I can't see him kicking in zero degree weather after all those years in Florida..Plus the guys is just nutty...

oregonpackfan
08-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Nah, the Packers are doing just fine with the kicker position.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-23-2006, 05:00 PM
He's like a cuniff, not an interseting prospect.

BooHoo
08-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Is he Green Bay bound?? I can't see him kicking in zero degree weather after all those years in Florida..Plus the guys is just nutty...

The only way he's coming to Green Bay is to visit our Hall of Fame.

CaliforniaCheez
08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Not just No.

red
08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
was this the jack ass that blew out his knee celebrating an extra point like he just won the super bowl?

or was that the other one?

in either case, no

Packnut
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
was this the jack ass that blew out his knee celebrating an extra point like he just won the super bowl?

in either case, no

All I know is there are way to many of them! :roll:

imscott72
08-23-2006, 06:01 PM
One of the guys on the Packer pre-game last Saturday, dont know if it was Unit or who, but he predicted that Gramatica would be our kicker in week one. Are we sold on Rayner?

Bretsky
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM

in either case, no

No, that was his jack@ss brother

Packnut
08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
One of the guys on the Packer pre-game last Saturday, dont know if it was Unit or who, but he predicted that Gramatica would be our kicker in week one. Are we sold on Rayner?

I'm not but I think Monday night is his make or break game.

KYPack
08-23-2006, 06:43 PM
LOL

I knew this would get a strong "NOvation" from the gang bangers at PackerRatz.

But, we are gonna have to look at some kickers and punters.

Who's the lesser of two evils

Grammatica

er

Edinger?

Either way, we're gonna see some guys we HATE hit this camp.

Bretsky
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Grammatica is better than the dirty f'ckin Bear Queen Edinger.

red
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM

well said

Scott Campbell
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM

That's just a damned fine use of adjectives B.

Joemailman
08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Apparently Edinger has replaced Fergy at the top of Bretsky's Enemies List.

imscott72
08-23-2006, 07:27 PM

Absolutely agree....

Guiness
08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
What happened to this guy?

I remember he was stellar his first few seasons with the Bucs. Then he got bad, fast.

Obviously, he's done it before, so he's quite capable. But he's a nutbar, so you'd have to get inside his head and figure out what's going on - could be a scary trip.

BooHoo
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
What happened to this guy?

I remember he was stellar his first few seasons with the Bucs. Then he got bad, fast.

Obviously, he's done it before, so he's quite capable. But he's a nutbar, so you'd have to get inside his head and figure out what's going on - could be a scary trip.

A nutbar. Well said. :lol:

Bretsky
08-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Fergie rests on the crown much higher than anybody can reach.

But to sign a Bear and Viking reject player ?

An Ex Bear AND Queen bring out the appropriate adjectives I learned to use so well in college.

Cheers,
B

Joemailman
08-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Colts K Vanderjagt in danger of being cut??
Written by: Tom James ¦ 8/23/2006
Source: www.tribstar.com
According to a story on DallasCowboys.com, former Colts' placekicker Mike Vanderjagt may be in danger of not making the final 53-man roster for Dallas.

Vanderjagt has been bothered by a strained groin during the preseason, a situation that has drawn the attention of Cowboys' coach Bill Parcells. He did not practice kickoffs at all during the team's training camp in Oxnard, Calif., and now hasn't attempted any field goals since hitting from 21 yards in the first preseason game against Seattle.

Rastak
08-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Fergie rests on the crown much higher than anybody can reach.

But to sign a Bear and Viking reject player ?

An Ex Bear AND Queen bring out the appropriate adjectives I learned to use so well in college.

Cheers,
B

As opossed to just a Viking reject like Colin Cole and Gilbert Brown...?

:wink:

Scott Campbell
08-23-2006, 08:50 PM
According to a story on DallasCowboys.com, former Colts' placekicker Mike Vanderjagt may be in danger of not making the final 53-man roster for Dallas.

I believe we will get an opportunity to pick up a decent kicker. And Vanderdrunk or Gramattica would fit the bill as reasonably competent kicker if Rayner doesn't work out.

Packers4Glory
08-24-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm for letting our boy give it a go for this yr and next....

but one thing I know is I used to hate grammatica when he was w/ TB, that guy never ever seemed to miss a FG.ever. If they decide they need to go in a diff direction this yr, then I suppose he is as good a choice there is.

swede
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM

If you listen carefully you will note an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables before the pattern repeats:

Gra ma ti ca is bet ter than the dirt y f*ck ing Bear Queen ( and then a slight break to the pattern to create emphasis by means of an asymmetrical conclusion) Ed ing er.

Very poetic, Bretsky! Sort of a triambic quadrameter.

Zool
08-24-2006, 09:09 AM

Vanderjagt has been bothered by a strained groin during the preseason, a situation that has drawn the attention of Cowboys' coach Bill Parcells. He did not practice kickoffs at all during the team's training camp in Oxnard, Calif., and now hasn't attempted any field goals since hitting from 21 yards in the first preseason game against Seattle.

Odd that they called him a Colts K in the headline.

Rastak
08-24-2006, 09:33 AM

Odd that they called him a Colts K in the headline.

Good point! How could the Colts cut him when he isn't even on the team?

Noodle
08-24-2006, 09:51 AM

If you listen carefully you will note an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables before the pattern repeats:

Gra ma ti ca is bet ter than the dirt y f*ck ing Bear Queen ( and then a slight break to the pattern to create emphasis by means of an asymmetrical conclusion) Ed ing er.

Very poetic, Bretsky! Sort of a triambic quadrameter.

Pretty fancy analysis, Monkey Boy.

Given the size of that pistole in your paws, make that Mr. Monkey Boy.

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 10:22 AM
"Either way, we're gonna see some guys we HATE hit this camp." KYPack

but... PLEASE Mr. Bill not..... any Gramatica...

NOT..... " a Packer Guy " !!

Besides ...isn't "the Italian" lousy in Green Bay... :shock: not good pasta :shock:

If it is...spread a Rumor ...it isn't.

:mrgreen:

ahaha
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
It's way too early for the packers to pick up one of these scrap heep kickers. Rayner hasn't been that bad in practice. And, he hasn't done anything awful in games yet. All season long there will be kickers available who are of the quality of guys like Grammatica and Edinger. We might as well wait until Rayner tanks before we pick up one of these washed up veterens. At this point, wouldn't you rather have a shaky guy who has the ability to kick a 58 ydr than a shaky 'has been'?

Merlin
08-24-2006, 12:00 PM
It's way too early for the packers to pick up one of these scrap heep kickers. Rayner hasn't been that bad in practice. And, he hasn't done anything awful in games yet. All season long there will be kickers available who are of the quality of guys like Grammatica and Edinger. We might as well wait until Rayner tanks before we pick up one of these washed up veterens. At this point, wouldn't you rather have a shaky guy who has the ability to kick a 58 ydr than a shaky 'has been'?

I couldn't agree more. I think all Rayner needs is a season under his belt as the main guy and he will be better then Longwell. He has a great leg and hopefully our special teams coach can coach the position. I am not comfortable signing someone with a less then 80% fg%.

ahaha
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Edinger and Grammatica remind me of Max Zendehas. Blah!

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 12:28 PM
DO WE WANT....this fella??

I dug this old story up because it's kinda fun to read. :mrgreen:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/06/images/large/C_1_martin_168924_1106.jpg

Martin Gramatica and Tom Tupa watch the ball bounce back after a block of an extra point that would have beaten Carolina last month

The Story:

Gramatica sings blues

Bucs kicker blames slump on lack of rhythm and perhaps a problem with his plant foot.

By RICK STROUD, Times Staff Writer
Published November 6, 2003

TAMPA - Anyone who saw him sing with Carlos Santana on Monday Night at the Mic earlier this season might have suspected as much. But it would take more than a few licks with the Latin guitarist to improve his kicks.

Martin Gramatica is out of rhythm.

That's how he explains the worst start of his career, going 6-for-12 in field goals, including a missed 36-yarder that was the difference in the Bucs' 17-14 loss to New Orleans on Sunday.

Perhaps more disturbing is that semi-Automatica is just 2-for-8 from more than 29 yards. And that does not include the blocked extra point that cost the world champions a win over the Panthers in their home opener.

On Wednesday, without the accompaniment of his brother, Bill, or Santana from the Monday Night Football segment, Gramatica was singing his own version of oye como va (listen how it goes) mi ritmo (my rhythm).

"The key is getting into a rhythm, something I haven't been able to feel yet; I haven't been able to feel comfortable," Gramatica said. "It's not due to the blocking, snapping or hold, it's myself. I just haven't been able to hit the ball solid like I've done in the past. That's where it's kind of frustrating because I haven't been able to see anything I'm drastically doing wrong."

Of course, there are misses and there are misses. Three of Gramatica's field goals were blocked, including two against the Panthers. The other was a 62-yarder that he drove too low.

"He's had two 60-yard (attempts), maybe I asked a little much," coach Jon Gruden said. "He missed a 50-yarder against Dallas and he missed a couple that were actually rejected by Shaquille O'Neal; he really didn't have much of a chance.

"Are we stunned that he missed the (field goal) the other day? Yeah. We thought he had a good look at the goal posts. How many times does he miss inside the 40? I don't know. But it's been that kind of first half of the season.

:shock:

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Edinger and Grammatica remind me of Max Zendehas. Blah!

We don't want anybody...

that does anything... even resembling "The Twist" out there...

when OUR win is on the line. :razz: