PDA

View Full Version : Yea ! Sure Canucks Can lose it !! Yet... it's not anything in the blood.

woodbuck27
05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Y'all won't likely forget this dramatic for the NFL moment.

In the NFL ... For an NFL fan, a Packer fan... 'Wow Ohh Wow !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119437/article/mike-mccarthy-bailed-out-after-challengeflag-error

Mike McCarthy 'losing his mind' ...Yea sure . Tirade!?? Whaaaat?? You've got to be kiddin' me. For a Canuck that hardly rates as a tirade.

That was no tirade...not even close by Canuck standards. That was kindergarten kiddy tantrum stuff; equivalent to a tirade 'pout'. A weak charade of a temper tantrum.

Pro Coach gone wild incident!?? I don't think so. That wasn't even close to getting you arrested, Mike.

Not the way NHL hockey coach's do it. There's some real spirit.

See the bottom of this post for a LINK and that.

This next thought isn't hardly original and inspired by a famour NHL Hockey Coach's mentle breakdown/real tirade. I mean really look at MM and that belly. Wow that's fricken' scary ! Too many donuts?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlDZHEawt8EQweTkuImwF14rqScqFcZ nj-L6VYDlaFvKSKuLk4nw

Ohh by the way Mike...do you really want another donut. Sure have another donut. Damn it yaa silly Irishman ... if you don't watch it, and food, your headed for 'Heart Attack/ Stroke City.

I have to hand it too you here though Mike. That throw was a picture of beauty when it comes to 'style points'. I just have to give you, 7 out of 8 for style points, and that mostly for the reach. What a thing of pure beauty. Look at the extention on that throw...impressive !!

Mike you look 'the part of a Mikhail Nikolaevich Baryshnikov' in that photo. Did you ever practise ballet Mike?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmOQj08rHZa0w3U8pFDP7JWsEvNoC7r sOX625Oon3RMb1bhuE_

And Mike .... for the love of Jaysus , Mary and Joseph... stand in for yourself. Demonstrate your Irish, younger son. Inform that sometimes brat Aaron Rodgers... that 'in fact' ...you do know how to hold onto a flag.

Maybe even when you should toss that sucker...Your always thinking Mikey.

You stand up for yourself; me son.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBr8cuFOTJaw1mCm_ZYe5dEEMpEFF0L ohbplrzQesw_YRq6XCu

Tirade... well maybe this might be a minor candidate for a highlight reel. This might qualify and certainly so by NFL standards. Yup... we have 'a Yikes moment' here, Ladies and Gentleman. Funny this was totally overloked by the media for some reason. Would that have something to do with it not being appropriate for 'an NFL poster boy'?

Check out Aaron Rodgers in the same sequence of events... hahaha ... No fricken' intense...scary.

Aaron 'cool cat' Rodgers... Not ! ...Isn't he 'the Firecat'. Now there's 'a justa player' yea right sure; that has some real power. Money bag eyes and all.

Try to convince me who runs the show in Green Bay? McCarthy? Ted Thompson?? Uhh!?? If that's what you imagine!?

Are you kidding me? I don't believe so.

Hey it's all good for this Packer fan.

I say more power to Aaron Rodgers. Wake up Ted Thompson, Aaron, and PLEASE do that often.

You've got the money now. It's got to be all about HOF and Super Bowl Ring (s). I'm betting that this will be a fact.

Something else Aaron. You'll really get it; in terms of the struggles that Favre had with Teddy. WOW! Talk about communication breakdown.

I know one thing Aaron ...you have the Spirit. Rodgers..mmmm..Is that Irish? Just wondering because your the incarnated ...... 'Raging Bull'.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/12/30/jordy-nelson-hid-the-challenge-flag-and-aaron-rodgers-was-pissed-at-mike-mccarthy-for-throwing-it-after-a-fumble-call/

Imagine .... !#$@??!!%#@&**! ... if that was Jay Cutler in Chicago going off on his Head coach like this. My thinking...You could carry his ass out of Chicago in a fish basket:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2012/12/30/3819372/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-screams-at-coach-mike-mccarthy

Few if any NFL QB's have or will.... get his way like:

Aaron 'Get Out Of Jail Card Free' Rodgers. This fella has ... slap. Aaron Rodgers Rules !! He's got fellas to deal with that hide behind play sheets and in a darkened office....may not be seen in days at Lambeau Field; or down at the corner store or super market.

Aaron Rodgers runs the show. Brett Favre pfftfttt! What a joke.

Favre could never get that done in Green Bay.That sap was so overlooked it's painful to re-call, just how badly he was ignored in terms of being surrounded with talent. That and at WR especially. Moreso that as his career went too far beyond that 'lonely' Super Bowl win.

Another ring Brett? How .... except for your heroics and calmness was that ever going to happen?

Anyway... to get to the real theme of this thread and 'intensity' RE: a real tirade.

To maybe 'somewhat' shock you. Moreso entertain, make you laugh and generally amuse y'all. See the LINK below:

It's now 'all hockey' in the Great White North.

It's the first round of the NHL Playoffs. The skating is faster. The play more firey. The excitement ... estatic...really, really very great action. Injuries come at such a cost. Hockey fights really mean something now.The fight sends the message.

'Your not going to own my team sucker'.

Mike McCarthy and his 'Red Flag' tirade !?? Ahh tirade !?? I don't think so.

Here's the way to be a Head Coach; to lose it Canuck Style. There 's some very amusing and outrageous behaviour going on here. I gurantee you sports fans, certain entertainment. Here's some very angry NHL Head Coach's certainly ... losing it:

Top 10 - Hockey Coaches Gone Wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6YDrvquvd0

Enjoy ! It's just good Ole Canuck satire. Not meant to hurt or damage anyone.

Now isn't the NFL such a gentleman's sport? For the calm, cool, collected...the highly civilized!??

GO Aaron...Mike and well...ahhh sure, maybe why not .....you too Ted.

GO PACK GO !

falco
05-05-2013, 09:01 PM
what?

denverYooper
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Woodbuckian.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
This one might make the history books. :lol:

Fritz
05-06-2013, 07:47 AM
What are you on, Woody? You are the Lewis Carroll of this board, dude. That's one strange rabbitt hole you've dived into.

hoosier
05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Woodbuck is going to bite the white rabbit's head off just to show you all what a true Canuck tirade looks like.

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 08:57 AM
This one might make the history books. :lol:

Holy crap Mad and (any) Packerrats that enjoy hockey.

You should have seen this last night. It was 'the real' deal in terms of Pro Sports entertainment. The drama building, to a tinder box peak, until it 'simply' exploded in the third period. A real rumble.

This is what I'm talking about and tempers and hockey. This is what I watched on TV last evening.

WARNING !!

This isn't for the highly sensative. The gentler walkers in life.

Talk about violence in entertainment. Some serious 'shitstorm behaviour', went on in that match. The hockey game won by the home team 'Ottawa Senators', 6-1 over the visiting Montreal Canadians (Les Habitants - HABS) >>> to go ahead 2-1 in the best of seven series.

Game four of the best of seven series on the tube, if available in your area, Tuesday evening. It will be a good one.

Last night...a wild... 'highly entertaining' playoff game... Les Habitants de Montreal (The Montreal Canadians) @ Ottawa Senators... in Game 3 of their opening playoff series. This defines 'Rivalry'. This defines 'HATE'. This defines 'teeth flying' nastiness. This defines Macho... Their all getting it on at one point. It was something else to see.

A whooping total of 236 minutes in penalty minutes, 'combined', in this game; with 210 of those minutes coming in the third period alone. In the game >>> 28 minor penaltys for things like hooking,high-sticking, elbowing, tripping. slashing, cross-checking and roughing. Two Ten-Minute misconduct penaltys. Fourteen (14) Five Minute 'Major' Penaltys, 'for Fighting'. Get this ..Nine (9) Game Misconduct Penaltys.

A shit load of total penalty minutes like seldom ever seen or exceeded in NHL History. Definitely... alot of Ohh WOW !! Moments. That game just got to >>> you >>> wanting to get it on. The good Ole days...and active in sports. Ahhh ... the memories. Life is so short.

Check out the Box Score:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012030123&cmpid=ggl1bx

If you can Packer fans...tune in for game four of this series. It's going to be a real beauty. The Montreal Canadians will be fighting 'on the road', for their near playoff lives:

Here's the write up (video's) again WARNING !!:

Tension between Senators, Canadiens escalates ...Monday, 05.06.2013 ... 12:58 AM

Canadiens vs Senators - 2013 SCP Conference Quarterfinals

By Arpon Basu - Managing Editor LNH.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669330

The Montreal Canadians HC Michel Therrien, was pissed as that game ended. The Ottawa Senators HC Paul McLean, called 'a time out', in the dying seconds of the game (17 seconds left) with the score 6-1... Senators.

WOW! Bush league or what ?!! HABS HC, Michel Therrien EXPLODED!!

That's all the talk on the sports here in Canada. The big story. The media driving the drama. Sure.... but all the same, it's developing into something approaching drama of epic proportions.

I was amused by this:

Senators HC, Paul McLean's response:

"It got a little bit stupid in the end... but that's hockey."

No Paul ... that's you. A 'little bit stupid' at he end... last night.

Yea that hockey... Paul McLean... It's going to be 'in your face' in game four, I'm more than imagining. My 'stay tuned' hockey fans, prediction.

Then again any more misconduct on the pard of any of the players that got there last night will result in a one game suspension. That's not cool.

The Canadians defenseman P.K. Subban>>> Can that lad ever throw em' down. He's serious shit in a fight. Wow...who knew!? That guy's impressive. He's got a future in cage fighting after hockey.

Video of...PK Subban making the Senators Kyle Turris pay for something...May 5, 2013 ... 3rd period @ 08:31 ...

Video located ... Upper RH corner of page:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117543

Come on HABS ! Re-Group. :pc: Em !!

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Woodbuck is going to bite the white rabbit's head off just to show you all what a true Canuck tirade looks like.

Ahhh ...No.... :shock: I can't stomach dining on .... cute lil' rabbits. ;-)

I'll let y'all in on the inside of me. I'm not all negative/misery, pessimism; or the voice of 'a negative reality' or caution.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/6393/528835-bugs_bunny_forever.jpg

I'm a die hard Bugs Bunny fan.

I'm as well as a Packer/NFL fan. I'm a die hard NHL hockey and Montreal Canadians 'HABS' fan. Check out my last post this thread.

That puts the real 'exclamation mark' on this thread.... that I decided to write for y'all. I was inspired yesterday by a report on our Canadian equivalent to your ESPN...The Sports Network (TSN).

As a simple form of entertainment. Acknowledging too... that this is the off season. So maybe a slight diversion might be the ticket to a tad's relief. I decided to drop this thread onto Packerrats.

To 'just maybe' dispel some of the tension, that I task this forum with, in my views/concerns.

My name is Ed. woodbuck27

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
What are you on, Woody? You are the Lewis Carroll of this board, dude. That's one strange rabbitt hole you've dived into.

Fritz I'm simply doing my very best to remain focused on 'things positive'.

Even after my initial shock and the Packers 2013 draft. I find somehow... the depth of strength that remains 'still' .... deep inside of me.

I have to be ...... 'just there'. I am 'a Green Bay Packer'... fan. A simple Packer fan.

I humbly submit to that 'as fact'.

Cheesehead Craig
05-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Epic. Just epic.

cheesner
05-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Anyone else here the Cream song 'White Room' in their heads while reading Woodbuck?

"In the white room with black curtains near the station
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes
Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment
I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines"

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Epic. Just epic.

Nah! My fellow Packer fan...we all see it.

We're all doing our best to keep up...pay attention.

Thank goodness some of it is bizarre and highly amusing stuff.

Especially that >>> given all the frustration of less than a turtle's pace and Free Agency. Packer fans have to have incredible 'faith'.

All faith, trumps >>> all patience.

From my view>>> To assist such faith .... it sure helps 'to at least try', to lend laughter to one another. If you can't laugh at it all!? Your dumb ass brained sadly missing it.

You gotta love some of what we're privaleged to observe as Green Bay Packer fans 'in review'. I need to somehow find humor in it all, or I'd drop like a house fly in October.

Afterall it's 'just' football. We're a community here at Packerrats. Let's laugh together... not beat one another over the head with stuff we really can't understand ...try as we may. As intelligent 'in the collective', as we are.

Don't we somehow ... even with a half decent effort... come to know one another? I somehow feel that I do; and thus I reward that relationship (s) with my sense of humor, no matter how bizarre it may be to some here.

GO PACK GO !

denverYooper
05-06-2013, 09:50 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Andalou.jpg

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Anyone else here the Cream song 'White Room' in their heads while reading Woodbuck?

Packer fan... such great lyrics from such great bands inspire the Irish poet.

Of what time and experience are you?
Some wisdom and reason ... naw treason;
Hold on son...me Lassie... be true.
For long time it cometh...

Always...yet gone...re-new'd.
Bright lights ... sweet bliss ... some blue.
We live 'of the light'... Hang on...hold tight;
No room, except all ... that's new.

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 10:00 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Andalou.jpg

Well ... yes. If I understand your message !? :?

denverYooper
05-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Well ... yes. If I understnd your message !? :?

Un Canadien Andalou.

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Un Canadien Andalou.

http://cinephile.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/10-07-un-chien-andalou.jpg?w=620

Ohh oui monsieur, je ne vois votre sens qui est profond dans son intrigue.

Allez Patler ... comprendre cela? :huh:

Zool
05-06-2013, 12:37 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meecu5ipOZ1ra8i62o1_500.gif

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey Zool ... How's it going.

I think I missed your birthday?

So... I hired this band to send you 'a Special 'Belated' Birthday Wish'.

I truly enjoy 'animals ... pets'. Especially ...when they perform so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xpeami317s

Here's another one from one of our cousins.

He just simply has 'to steal the show'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFxevtGW0k0&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Gotta run.I've some yard work to do. Have a nice evening Zool.

Guiness
05-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Holy! Good job keeping the forum active Woody.

However - I am a Canadian - and I don't endorse this message.
I'm afraid of the tall poppy syndrome!

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 03:32 PM

The complete Lyrics of the song 'White Room':

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/cream/white+room_20034207.html

'White Room' Written by bassist, Jack Bruce and poet Pete Brown of the Great British Rock Group of the 1960's ... Cream (Also of Eric Clapton Fame).

Below I've offered an excellent version of... Eric Clapton & Friends covering 'White Room'. I hope that you enjoy that. This song sounds nice. I love the guitar work and Clapton sings it very well here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvnWuOjJDh4

Pretend... that your a Literture Teacher. You have decided to give the lyrics of that song to your class, as an exercise in interpretation.

Have you given you class a difficult task?

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Holy! Good job keeping the forum active Woody.

However - I am a Canadian - and I don't endorse this message.
I'm afraid of the tall poppy syndrome!

Ahhh Guiness my advice ... never acknowledge such except to be aware of who they are. As doing so sucks the very heart of your life/yourself.

I've always been aware of the greed mongers that see it all their way. Any thought (s) that doesn't appeal to their agenda's somehow in their weakness is an imaginary threat to them. I hold little regard for such petty pathetic paranoid fools. You don't have to use alot of exertion turning over rocks to know where that are. Simply walk around the rocks and rest by a shady tree or pool.

'Tall poppy syndrome'... is to me ...'short poopy syndrome'.

I've often laughed and wondered; if such people wipe one another's ass's as they seek false comfort together? These people are very lonely in their own minds Guiness.

Could you ever imagine me as someone who would really give a damn for anyone bent on employing such mundane and boring tactics; characterized by applications attending to the term 'tall poppy syndrome'?

These people are living in fear. I cannot sympathsize with anyone that predominantly allows such low life emotions, as envy or jealousy, to dominate and direct their small paranoid 'control freak' minds.

I'm a true and true Maritimer. In that I find a certain strength and natural talent for good will. With strong Irish roots, and a certain natural bent for entertainment and frivolity. I'm all about 'JOY and Peace and Harmony'. I share my cake. I'm a regular Bud, with a down to earth appreciation for the simple and most basic joys in life. The Lad you want to hang with because I know how to enjoy life through appreciating the equality and humanness of my fellow man.

'Tall Poppy Syndrome' and the fools that embrace that are weak. I would never seriously aknowledge such jealous/fear based malarchy/bullshit. In so doing you merely reduce yourself to one of them.

Now after that wee bit of personal advice and humble wisdom. What in the heck are you talking about Guiness?

Surely it has nothing to do with anything Packerrats... in the true sense and meaning of the term 'power'.

Am I missing something in my service to 'truth and joy', Guiness?

You don't like hockey?

You respect Toronto Maple Leaf fans or Ottawa Senators Fan and you fear for me letting the cat out of the bag that I'm a HAB fan?

Help me out here Guiness? OK just allow me time to think about it...OK!?

OK I'm back and PLEASE Guiness forgive me. Sometimes I just miss it. I don't see (get) the obvious. I stumbled upon ** this and Wham! The light came on, and I thought of you man.

It's OK Guiness. You have a platform of support here at Packerrats.

** Not every Canadian loves hockey. So what ...if your in that group... don't sweat it. It's OK to come out of that closet. There are a few thousand Canadians, just like you. Maybe you prefer European football ... that's your bag over hockey. Your tired of the fanaticism of the usual Canadian; and 'everything' is always about hockey'. May and June...Hockey ... hockey... more darn hockey. It has to be truly awful. Here's some support for you Ehh!

** http://www.howtospotacanadian.ca/2011/11/hockey-is-like-everything-really.html

That came as a shock to me man. I was so ignorant of this phenomena of the Canadian against hockey. Take pride in your uniqueness G. All the same... I know... I know.

Walk up to any Canadian on a street corner and simply ask him/her about something simple like: Where's the closest Shoppers Drug Mart or Corner Hot Dog stand ...and your accosted with all the latest on last nights 'huge hockey game'. Maybe some fella's all excited... that the Leafs had a rare win and you - could - care - less.

You 'only' want a freakin' simple dog or tylanol.

It's bad man.

I have to admit that Guiness, and my sympathy is genuinely with you Packer fan. I mean Packers and ... hockey. That really is...over the top...just a bit...too much..not sensable. It's rough when you have to stay indoors all throughout the Stanley Cup Playoffs; or risk utter boredom and NHL hockey talk...everywhere you go.

It's two awful months of isolation.Tough man...really...very rough.

Yea! yea!! yea!!! "Where's your leafs hat or jacket?" How do you tell these people you don't like hockey? You .....simply.... don't care.

Ohh well Guiness. Hang in there ... man. Just two months man. Avoidance does work best. Shop ..... after dark.

It's OK. Your secret is safe with me and at Packerrats.

May God bless you Guiness. I know that I understand now.

Screw hockey. Ehh !

Freak Out
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Edit: spelling error for the word.... 'Literature' .... a few posts back.

Pretend... that your 'a Literature' Teacher. You have decided to give the lyrics of that song to your class, as an exercise in interpretation.

Have you given you class a difficult task?

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 08:12 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png

Ahh Freak Out...the lovely flag of the largest Maritime Province of Nova Scotia...New Scotland. The coastal playground.

My Home Maritime Province is New Brunswick, Canada. The Picture Province. It's Flag:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpMac3d1HR2epy12dr7NKOO6FRH0bcy L_i4tDlw6JGeUfuPaEEm6EcdAUG

The third Maritime Province is Prince Edward Island. The Potatoe Province. It's Flag:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/canpics/zflagpei.gif

Each of the Maritime Provinces are unique, and in each a special beauty. Wonderful friendly people live in the Maritimes. If you ever want an outstanding time before your leaving this place. Do yourself a wonderful favour and visit Canada's most Eastern Province...Newfoundland and Labrador but best to confine your visit to the Island of NFLD. It's people are by any account I've ever heard 'very possibly', the finest you'll discover on this planet. These Newfies will do anything to assist your vacation and welcome you right into their homes.They'll also insist that if you ever return you must visit them. Their funny,musical and as down to earth as one could ever imagine Freak Out. It's Flag:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Flag_of_Newfoundland_and_Labrador.svg/800px-Flag_of_Newfoundland_and_Labrador.svg.png

Now look at that flag of Newfoundland and Labrador. It's like a completed puzzle. Seven parts to it. I have no idea what those folk do when the wind is blowing!? On a National Holiday and bad weather... there must be flag pieces polluting the landscape everywhere.

Ohh football. There isn't a single CFL team in the Maritimes or NFLD and Labrador. Down East they mostly make love and party hearty. Ohh everyone seems to be able to play a musical instrument even if it's 'the spoons', a wash board or a harmonica. Once upon a time I saw a guitar down there. That drew quite a crowd.

Freak Out
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Great stuff Woody.

wootah
05-07-2013, 03:27 AM
This thread should easily make it to 100+ pages. Congratz Woody.

woodbuck27
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Great stuff Woody.

Hey! Freak Out Thank You. :-)

Without a positive response Fr. the membership and some laughs it goes over like a black cloud. It's the Off Season and now really very slow. So why not talk a little hockey or anything sports with Major Pro Sports playoffs in swing. I'm a big Montreal Canadians and Boston Celtics fa. Been so for so long. I go back to Bob Cousy and Bill Russell and 'my beloved Celtics'.

HOCKEY:

Here's ? a question ? coming up for y'all:

Before I became a HABS fan I was a Maple Leafs (1957) and Detroit Red Wings fan (1968) and finally and last in hockey, a Montreal Canadians fan (1971- ).

A question ...for any hockey fans? Maybe?... your 'Sports Trivia' Question... of the day

1 ) What's common to those above teams and dates, in terms of a former NHL and WHA player. That Superstar hockey player was/is my boyhood to young man hockey hero. *** See Below

What's that players name?

Patler's a hockey man and might nail that question. Any Canuck member of Packerrats or avid NHL fan might nail it as well.

Here's some interesting trivia. and 'a hint to the identity' of this hockey hero of mine.

At the end of his long career; and now in the newly formed WHA. My hero played for the Toronto Toros and the Birmingham Bulls, until his retirement in 1978 at the age of 40.

While with the Bulls, (??????) was placed on an unproductive line with enforcers Frank Beaton and Dave Hanson, one of the Hanson Brothers who had been in the hockey comedy movie 'Slap Shot' with Paul Newman.

According to John Brophy, when a reporter asked what was wrong in terms of his now lost 'star power' with the Bulls, (??????) replied:

“I don’t know, but I seem to play a lot better with Howe and Delvecchio."

Who ... is ... dat ... guy?

I still love this man just as I loved the Packers Bart Starr... Brett Favre and Donald Driver.

My heros are carefully selected *** They never die in me:

I loved Hammerin' Hank...Henry Aaron Fr. 1956 throughout his amazing career.

Really ... it was Hank Aaron and Warren Edward Spahn and Eddie Matthews et all and the Milwaukee Braves... that led me to become a Green Bay Packer fan, around 1958. I got in just at the time when Vince Lombardi another Packer HERO, came to the Green Bay Packers.

I've been solid Green Bay Packers throughout the 1960's....to date. I've never been so loyal to any other Pro team for so long. It's really a tie between the Packers and the Celtics. I've been closer by far to the Packers. I live and die Green Bay Packers. I breathe Packers. I do that because I'm a huge Sports Fan.

My Sports Hero's include:

** 'Vlady' Vladimir Guerrero (The Montreal Expos, Anaheim Angels, Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles)

** Larry Bird (Boston Celtics)

** Slammin' Sammy Snead (Golf). I've played too much golf.

** 'The Flower' and at one time, the greatest hockey player in the world between Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky...Guy LaFleur of the Montreal Canadians. What a hockey player in his prime. Excitement ..Unfire !!

Freak out....sometimes a little thing will inspire another thought and one thing leads to another... it snowballs into an idea for a piece, to present on Packerrats. I thought it might be fun to do something just a little different.

What begins this thread is a simple example of plain ole... down and dirty... Maritime / Canadian Satire. It's meant to tickle the funny bone not insult anyone. Well honestly there's some personal motive in there as well. It's not fiction based in fiction. It's meant to make a person (people)...think. It's a different perspective on something/anything.

If anyone is damaged or otherwise harmed or confused by it. That person needs to get a life. That person obviously has no clue as to what a part of being a functioning Maritime Canadian means in terms of lifestyle/cultural perspective.

Canadian satire can be almost mild. Satire in terms of writing style is like choosing salsa. In me it's not in any manner ...mild. :wink:

As a Maritimer...I have to be me... I let it all hang out. Maritimers certainly arn't shy or otherwise reserved and we're all a tad unique.

What you see ... is exactly what you get. How can anyone quip or have difficulty with a man's/woman's ... decency and honesty and be taken seriously. I always say to people:

Nothing is born of decent good, not of risk. Real living is all about taking risks. Having some simple courage. It's really OK to be different.

I'm Canadian and 'satire' is huge here. We mock almost anyone/anything in Canada. To be Canadian means to be 'thick skinned'; and at the same time deeply patriotic and feisty, whenever there's a need for a defense. Their running 'a kinda corny commercial' on that very thing now on TV.... Re: Canucks and patriotism..or love of all things Canada. One of those passions is certainly hockey.

I've resided alot on the South Shore of the St. Lawerence River (across) from Montreal, Canada. Since I met you fellas here on Packerrats. In Montreal the Montreal Canadians (Les Habitants - HABS) are as big as the Packers are to Green Bay residents. In Montreal and I do not exaggerate.The HABS are RELIGION.

The mood of that city is based on the Montreal Canadians good or bad fortunes. It's a much more somber place when the Canadians are on a losing streak. I mean this is one very exciting Big Time City. Lots to see and enjoy in Montreal....awesome entertainment (always) it seems and amazing food and hospitality. This is a world class city that anyone would visit and truly enjoy; if they were anyway capable of enjoyment. In hockey season and especially during the playoffs. NOW!!! Les habitants RULE. Les Habitants dictate the overriding mood of an emotional cosmopolitan city. It can get very very exciting.

It will >>> get very exciting as 7 PM ET approaches today... and it's the Montreal Canadians down 2-1 @ the Ottawa Senators.

Hold onto your hats hockey fans. This will be 'a seriously'... serious... hockey game.

Have a great end of this week Freak Out.

Hit it !!

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
05-07-2013, 06:34 AM
This thread should easily make it to 100+ pages. Congratz Woody.

Ohh ... I don't think so :-)... but I believe a Thanks is in order.

Thanks wootah. Something different. Hopefully entertaining...informative.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Back to this... Mae and I had our Seniors luncheon yesterday (Wed. May 08. '13) followed by a trip to Midland,Ontario to get some more garden stuff for my garden. I've a 'green thump' to go with my Gold and Green'. I love gardening and landscaping. Back home in Hoyt, NB on the 125 acre farm it's work gardening and in the woods. I love a chainsaw, axe and machete in my hands. I've earned a Certificate in Silviculture Training along with other more Professional University/Tecnological/Educational stuff. When I'm working in the wood's; I'm the most happy camper.

Anyway ... I had to prepare a brief for people at that luncheon /meeting and wasn't able to get back here on the results of the game four ... HABS @ Senators. I want to back this up a wee bit and take you up to date on the HABS-SENATORS SERIES:

http://awinninghabit.com/2013/05/02/montreal-canadiens-vs-ottawa-senators-series-preview/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Next%2FPrevious

Game four of the Series Tuesday May 07, '13... and how the Ottawa Senators took a stranglehold 3-1 lead in the series in Ottawa; moving back to Montreal tonight Thurs. May 09, '13:

Game 4: The Montreal Canadiens Lose A Heartbreaker In OT

May 7th, 2013 at 11:55 pm by Lisa Fiorilli

Analysis

http://awinninghabit.com/2013/05/07/game-4-the-montreal-canadiens-lose-a-heartbreaker-in-ot/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Next%2FPrevious

"I have no words to describe what I’m feeling right now. This loss is a killer and I’m not sure there’s a worse way to lose a game of this importance. With the Montreal Canadiens ahead 2-0 on goals from P.K Subban and Alex Galchenyuk, there were two monumental refereeing mistakes that literally robbed the Canadiens of a win they desperately needed to make a series out of it."

I'm not crying sour grapes. I'm screaming 'FOUL'. The HABS were robbed Tuesday night. There is no way in hell that this series shouldn't be tied 2-2.

What a royally screwed up officiating game mishandling/takedown of the Montreal Canadians >>> game four was >>> Tuesday evening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/senators-stun-montreal-game-4-ot-carey-price-024224589.html

Damn ... if you could 'only' travel through a TV set! Yet ... getting that done gets you arrested and winding up seriously canned in jail. Ahh shoot what the heck. For what I saw and felt in that game it would be worth it.

I'm so very positive that die hard HAB fans back in Montreal, felt the same as I did. Do some serious rough stuff to the fricken referee and linesman. The word 'choking' comes to mind.

NO ..... IT's NOT JUST A GAME; WHEN IT GETS TOO CONDITIONS FOR WAR ! THAT's JUST WHERE IT's AT FOLKS. PROGNOSIS >>> NOTHING GOOD !!

It might turn very ugly at the Bell Center and in the streets of uptown Montreal tonight; if the HABS get mishandled by Officiating, in Game five of this series. I mean, seriously smart thinking dictates that, the officials owe the HABS this game. I believe they would be very wise. To somehow manage it >>> to assist the Montreal Canadians to a win in Game 5.

Make the series set at 3-2, in Ottawa's favor.

A Montreal Canadians 'Fans Gone Wild' event is nothing pretty. It's got nothing to do with bra's vanishing and tiny panties lowered seductively on slither smooth gyrating like a Mexican bean... sexy... ohh dear Lord save me ..... hips.

We're talking some serious rioting here Packer fans. Some very CRAZY shit. The Montreal Police will be out in full force for this game tonight. I mean all hands on deck. The calvary will be called in and I mean literally. Certainly that in anticipation of a HAB FAN WAR. I'm NOT exaggerating folks. Hab fans make Philadelphia Eagle fans look like whimpering kittens.

Game Officials...This would be a strongly advised Montreal Canadians 'Surprize' last gasp effort win in Montreal.

Then it's back to Ottawa on Saturday May 11,'13 and 'the Coup de Gras'...EXIT ... NHL 2013 Playoffs >>> stage left >>>HABS ARE OUT !! What a slap in the face, sicko political rhubarb that GAME FOUR of the series was.

OK... now I get it. The heated rivalry between the Packers and the Bears and Vikings. Can we sensably exclude the Lions from all of that stuff?

From now and forever I might hate Ottawa Senator Head coach John 'the stupid google eyed Walrus faced' MacLean. What that man is>>> redefines the word dumb >>> in terms of any pro Teams Head Coach. I would seriously want to pop his eyes. Reason... his 'in your face' quote after this ... gift from the game four officials.... the stinkin' to high heaven refereeing.

What was it that dumbass said? I'll find the exact quote and he said this with a serious face:

“I really thought it was a heck of a playoff game,” said Senators coach Paul MacLean, who could barely hide his smile. “They were better than us for a while, we were better than them for a while and at the end of the night we get a goal to tie it up late and a goal in overtime ... that's the Stanley Cup playoffs.”

I'm guessing that this 'freak of intelligence' didn't realize that the fix was in.

By the way most 'NHL Hocket 'Experts' had the HABS defeating the Senators in 5-6 games. Game 5 goes tonight >>> back at 'the Bell Center' in Montreal; and PLEASE Game Officials. I'm torn as to the correct advise I'd give them if I was the Head of NHL Officiating.

a) Just continue with your obvious bias for all things Canada's Capitol City of Ottawa and put the Montreal Canadians out of their collective misery.

b) For the sake of all thing fair to your life and safety/health; and for your personal proof of sanity and sense of self preservation. Do all you can to allow the HABS to win. HAB fans are seriousy pissed off!!!!!

How many of you imagined that the Capitol City of Canada is the home of the Maple Leafs or TOUR ON TOE?

Ahh ... the lowly Leafs. That series is about over too with the Big Bad Boston Bruins taking the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-3 in OT @ the Air Canada Center in TO. Such long faces on those poor Leaf fans last night. I mean it's been all the way back to 1966-67 since the Toronto Maple Leafs won their last Stanley Cup, emblematic of NHL supremecy.

The Maple Leafs have won thirteen Stanley Cup championships, second only to the twenty-four championships of their primary rival, the Montreal Canadiens. The 45-year drought between championships is currently the NHL's longest 'really negative' streak.

Now to the >>> real trivia message in this post. In terms of one very young HAB and a talented first Round Draft Pack Alex Galchenyuk. Are you aware of where Alex Galchenyuk was born? It wasn't in 'the Soviet Union'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Galchenyuk

The Montreal Canadians Rookie Right Winger, Alex Galchenyuk was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

His mother and father are Belarussian. Alex Galchenyuk's father... Alexander Galchenyuk is a former Belarussian hockey player. Alex's parents moved to Europe when Galchenyuk was four, following his father's hockey career in Germany, Italy, and Russia. Alex Galchenyuk began his hockey career in Russia before the family moved back to North America when Alex Galchenyuk was 15. First to Chicago and then to Sarnia, Ontario where Alex Galchenyuk Senior coaches Junior hockey.

It's almost over for the HABS but where there's time...there's life.

woodbuck27
05-11-2013, 08:59 AM
OK the results are in and RE: The Montreal Canadians it's a :

They blew a few tires!

It's a "Well Hab fans... THANKS for all the hopes and faith ... your real dreams."

We're done ... all out of it ... for this abbreviated 2012-13 season:

Na Na Na Naa...Na na Na Naa .. Hey Hey Hey ! ............. Good Bye !!

Damn! For me it's early playoff exits for both 'the HABS' and 'the Boston Celtics'. The Green Bay Packers make it >>> three times >>> and screw it >>> I'm not out !

So next up ! :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Men's_World_Ice_Hockey_Championships

2013 Men's World Ice Hockey Championships

Canada is doing OK so far in this one. GREAT ! :alc:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/giroux-leads-canada-to-4-1-win-over-belarus-at-hockey-worlds/article11861794/

Giroux leads Canada to 4-1 win over Belarus at hockey worlds.

BY: DONNA SPENCER

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — The Canadian Press

Last updated Friday, May. 10 2013, 8:57 PM EDT

" Canada scored three power-play goals en route to a 4-1 win over Belarus and moved into first place in its group at the IIHF World Championship on Friday.

Claude Giroux was in on all of those power-play goals. The Philadelphia Flyers’ forward scored and assisted on the others by linemates Andrew Ladd and Steven Stamkos. Ryan O’Reilly scored Canada’s first goal even-strength." Click on LINK above for the complete story **.

An added note **:

" Canada's (Steven) Stamkos was tied for the scoring lead in tournament with nine alongside Ilya Kovalchuk of Russia and Petri Kontiola of Finland on Friday. "

Comment woodbuck27:

For all the Canucks who are very proud members of Packerrats 8-):

Canada has (today) Saturday 11 May, 2013 off ...and concludes the preliminary round with back-to-back games Sunday and Monday against the Czechs and Slovenia respectively.

For the majority here at Packerrats that might have some interest:

Finland was the leader of the Helsinki pool following a 3-2 win over Russia, who lost their second in a row. The Finns had 11 points followed by Russia and the United States with nine.

Slovakia inched into fourth in that pool with one point from a 2-1 shootout loss to Austria.

There's your update for the 2013 IIHF World Championship being held this year in Stockholm,Sweden.

GO CANADA GO !

Ohh that >>> The Montreal Canadians:

Here's a Trivia Question for Y'all:

During the Stanley Cup run of 1956-1960 in which the Canadiens won five straight championships, which player amassed the most points during the five Cup victories combined?

The answer is... hint: 'the Singing Frenchman':

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/player/Bernard-Geoffrion

Ohh ....that last playoff game. What was the score... ? Too much them ... not enough HABS.

I began to forget that... at the 6:22 mark of the third period; when the score went to 4-1 Senators, on a goal by Senator Captain Daniel Alfredsson. With that ... the result was all but finally in.

I then and immediately turned my attention to some decent music...the Late and Great Stan Rodgers. We lost a great one way too young there. Check this incredible voice out if you enjoy good voice.

Here's a real piece of Canadiana History Packerrats:

**Stan Rogers last flight.....

One of Canada's most brialliant/gifted all time artists and song writers died in this horrific accident. Stan Rodgers was aboard the Air Canada flight, and died after it safely landed at Cincanatti International Airport, June 02,1983. He and others never had time to get off the plane because of dense smoke. On that day we lost a great man, yet his amazing voice and music lives on.

Stan Rogers - Barrett's Privateers 'the Maritimer Kitchen Party Style':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0CvSIhF_tA

The Idiot by Stan Rogers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMfwxWA14zo

Stan Rogers - Witch of the Westmoreland .... LINK to 23 videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxls60aYSZA&list=PLE71EC6FBB612B06E

Stan Rogers - Leave Her, Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVc15-01RvM&list=PLE71EC6FBB612B06E

Did I get off track>>>well that's me. I hope I introduced you to someone new in your world. He's been in mine since some nice person mentioned his name to me.

Here's some 'all the same' ... on that EXIT HABS >>> Stage Right >>> ahhh >>> game.

The Good Fight

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=670083

More Video:

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,3,125&event=MTL65&lang=en

Iron Mike
05-11-2013, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMyAbFmsb4

Iron Mike
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzzqz_triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-quebec_fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTjsvSIsGk

MadtownPacker
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Damn, trying to figure out if this thread is even about football but everytime I start reading it I get dizzy and have to look away from the screen. True masterpiece Woodster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxMyFe81FUg

woodbuck27
05-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Damn, trying to figure out if this thread is even about football but everytime I start reading it I get dizzy and have to look away from the screen. True masterpiece Woodster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxMyFe81FUg

Hey Mad:

Thanks for your patience and this thread.

I see such an opportunity here to introduce a wee bit more of what is Canadian that might interest some at Packerrats. I hope that won't be too disturbing to the rest.

Here's a partial response to that football thing and natives of Wisconsin. Have you ever heard this amazing song by the one and only Canada's beloved Gordon Lightfoot:

An aging, Gordon Lightfoot ... The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald ....Live In Reno, Nevada:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3x2vcergP0

Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald ('79) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P2zoogcTnE

Gordon Lightfoot is looking very frail. I don't expect him to be with us much longer. His passing will be like that of Stompin' Tom Connors who left us just recently...extremely sad.

My name is Ed. woodbuck27