PDA

View Full Version : The Art Of Being Fantastically Wealthy: Mario Williams Hasn't Mastered It

pbmax
05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Depending on the scale you wish to use, you might consider him just fantastically well-paid. In either case ...

He is looking to get a $785,000 engagement ring back from his former fiancé.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/mario-williams-sues-ex-fiancee-for-ring/

Guiness
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Well, at least this isn't a Barry Bonds like thread where the guy is already broke will still pulling down a major league contract!

I thought this comment was pretty funny..."was she that pissed after just one buffalo winter?"

woodbuck27
05-06-2013, 08:47 PM
American Law may be different than Canadian Law in regards to the Engagement Ring and a broken engagement.

In American Law my interpretation is the the ring is a symbol of the mutual contract to engage to marry. If the engagement ends>>> the ring has to be returned. As I understand it.... that's the general Law for a majority of your States.

In Canadian Law the determination of who has rights over the engagement ring after a broken engagement; depends on the specific circumstances leading to the broken engagement.

Generally it's this in Canada:

It's 'a common law' issue, dealt with by the courts if there's a dispute.

In spite of the fact that a gift cannot be conditional, a donor can nevertheless legitimately require its return if the condition is not fulfilled, in that the engagement is broken off prior to the wedding; however, the issue is dependent upon who breaks off the engagement.

If the donor (the bridegroom) decides that he does not want to proceed with the wedding and cancels the engagement, the bride is entitled to keep the ring.

If the bride to be is the one who initiates breaking off the engagement, the ring must go back to her former fiancé.

Of note ...

The reason for the wedding cancelation appears to have no relevance.

ie If the bridegroom discovers that his wife-to-be has been unfaithful and breaks off the engagement. He isn't entitled to the return of the ring.

ND72
05-06-2013, 09:04 PM
That was some funny shit. Loved how she spent $103,000 on a credit card. I hope this embarrasses the shit out of them both.

gbgary
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
That was some funny shit. Loved how she spent $103,000 on a credit card. I hope this embarrasses the shit out of them both.

some people have no shame/can't be embarrassed. he/they are this type or all this wouldn't have happened.