PDA

View Full Version : Status report on the health of Datko

Patler
05-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Silverstein:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/207060661.html

Said that seeing him with his shirt off, its obvious that he has made gains in the weight room. Apparently he has been healthy and without restriction since week 4 last season. Could be a nice pickup, a guy projected to be a 1st or 2nd day pick before being injured.

RashanGary
05-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I was going to wait until I heard something positive about him to get my hopes up. Hopes just went up for him. He's a highly regarded OT prospect, young, hard working, healthy, had a year to work on his technique/fundamentals last year. Could be one of this years big surprises.

rbaloha1
05-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Datko has a chance. Good build and length. Footwork improved during preseason.

Guiness
05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Good to hear this, and interesting as all get out. Always nice to have dark horse with high potential in the race.

Upnorth
05-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Draft picks and injuries. I'm pitching a bucket of salt over my shoulder.

I am hoping for a return to the mean a cross the board wrt injuries so hopefully this is the start.

rbaloha1
05-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Good to hear this, and interesting as all get out. Always nice to have dark horse with high potential in the race.

Taucsher II?

Cheesehead Craig
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Taucsher II?

That's a scary dream to have. I'm not going that far.

rbaloha1
05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
That's a scary dream to have. I'm not going that far.

Why -- it is a good thing. Solid starter for five plus years.

Cheesehead Craig
05-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Why -- it is a good thing. Solid starter for five plus years.

Never mind. Had Clifton on the brain.

Patler
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Time to dredge up some of his college details from his Packer bio:

- Four-year starter at left tackle, opening 40 of the 41 games he played during his time at Florida State.
- Was named to the preseason watch lists for the Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) and the Lombardi Award (top lineman) in 2011.
- Was also a preseason All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection heading into the 2011 season.
- Started 11 games at LT as a junior, allowing just one sack and being penalized just three times all season.
- As a junior, was presented the Bob Crenshaw Award by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club as the Most Courageous Seminole.
- Started every game at LT as a sophomore and allowed just two sacks all season, shutting out current NFL players Derrick Morgan, Robert Quinn and Willie Young.
- As a true freshman in 2008, earned Freshman All-American honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sporting News, Rivals and Phil Steele.

Started all games at LT as a sophmore and 11 as a junior, and gave up just 3 sacks combined in the two seasons.

George Cumby
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM

- Four-year starter at left tackle, opening 40 of the 41 games he played during his time at Florida State.
- Was named to the preseason watch lists for the Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) and the Lombardi Award (top lineman) in 2011.
- Was also a preseason All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection heading into the 2011 season.
- Started 11 games at LT as a junior, allowing just one sack and being penalized just three times all season.
- As a junior, was presented the Bob Crenshaw Award by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club as the Most Courageous Seminole.
- Started every game at LT as a sophomore and allowed just two sacks all season, shutting out current NFL players Derrick Morgan, Robert Quinn and Willie Young.
- As a true freshman in 2008, earned Freshman All-American honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sporting News, Rivals and Phil Steele.

Started all games at LT as a sophmore and 11 as a junior, and gave up just 3 sacks combined in the two seasons.

IIRC: At the end on his junior year, Datko was touted as a possible first-rounder, he then tore his labrum, not labia, Fritz, which scared everyone off so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

RashanGary
05-12-2013, 10:11 PM
hes probably a better bet than sherry.

pbmax
05-12-2013, 10:55 PM
hes probably a better bet than sherry.

We will purge the non-believers with our love.

Guiness
05-12-2013, 11:14 PM

How does a career starter at LT become a finalist for the Outland Trophy??? lol, give me some of the stuff they're smokin'

RashanGary
05-13-2013, 03:03 AM
We will purge the non-believers with our love.

dude, his athletic numbers are the same. Sherrod does have crazy long arms, but datco comes from good coaching and has a full year under his belt with the packers. Thats on the practice field, working. Its not being a non believer. Its being realistic. If Sherry left college right now, hed probably be undrafted. 1.5 years out of football is a big problem, man.

RashanGary
05-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Datco being healthy, having been able to work all last season, as experienced as he was coming out of a good ol program. . . He might be more game ready than most of this years 1st round picks, has more physical talent than most of them too.

pittstang5
05-13-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm really pulling for Datko to crack the lineup this year. Maybe he could win the Starting RT spot, which would be huge given the competition that will be at that position. However, one thing concerns me - how come he couldn't get in the mix last year? He was on the practice squad and could have been moved up at anytime. Instead, Barclay comes up before him. Maybe they (the coaches) were still concerned about the injury and wanted to give him the entire year to heal? Nothing against Barclay - he came up and looked pretty good, but looking at draft status and Datko's ability prior to the injury - Datko should have wiped the floor with Barclay. I don't know.

After sitting and thinking about it, TT drafting guys like Datko and then this past draft - Charles Johnson - makes me really like these moves. Guys that you know can play, but have some kind of minor red flag, whether it be injury or personality or whatever - take a 7th round flier on them. If it works out, you're a genius. If not, it was a 7th round pick - no big deal.

pbmax
05-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Datco being healthy, having been able to work all last season, as experienced as he was coming out of a good ol program. . . He might be more game ready than most of this years 1st round picks, has more physical talent than most of them too.

It was a joke JH.

Fritz
05-14-2013, 06:21 AM
IIRC: At the end on his junior year, Datko was touted as a possible first-rounder, he then tore his labrum, not labia, Fritz, which scared everyone off so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

If Sherrod does not come back from his injury people will start thinking it was a torn labia, not a leg fractured in two places.

denverYooper
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I always had a sneaking suspicion that Spoon liked seeing guys with their shirts off.

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
dude, his athletic numbers are the same. Sherrod does have crazy long arms, but datco comes from good coaching and has a full year under his belt with the packers. Thats on the practice field, working. Its not being a non believer. Its being realistic. If Sherry left college right now, hed probably be undrafted. 1.5 years out of football is a big problem, man.

He's entered the Vortex to the Black Hole.

Spun out of control....flux'd too mux'd !

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 11:56 AM
If Sherrod does not come back from his injury people will start thinking it was a torn labia, not a leg fractured in two places.

Legs crossed tightly >>> both hands on top of head >>> OUCH !!

Can't concentrate on play like that. It's terrible !