PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS FRONT OFFICE RATED #3 IN NFL

Bretsky
05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22243529/ranking-the-best-front-offices-among-the-nfls-top-tier-of-teams

Good breakdown; my guess is most in here would have thet top 4-7 about the same...perhaps in a different order but same teams

gbgary
05-16-2013, 12:34 AM
wish they'd done a worst-of list too.

swede
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Hertz, Avis, National.

America's team. Settled.

Fritz
05-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I think you can switch the order around of the top five or six, but basically that whole list seems about right to me.

I would like to see a list of the bottom five. Shall we?

Uh, damn. Al Davis is gone, and Mckenzie's running that show, so the Raiders are gone.

Any franchise that now signs Timmy Tebow would be one the list.

Probably Jacksonville is near the top (or is it bottom?).

Carolina, maybe?

The Lions if they don't have a turnaround season. They have been historically atrocious.

The Jest.

Cleveland Brown-as-a-turd.

QBME
05-16-2013, 08:55 AM
I think you can switch the order around of the top five or six, but basically that whole list seems about right to me.

I would like to see a list of the bottom five. Shall we?

Uh, damn. Al Davis is gone, and Mckenzie's running that show, so the Raiders are gone.

Any franchise that now signs Timmy Tebow would be one the list.

Probably Jacksonville is near the top (or is it bottom?).

Carolina, maybe?

The Lions if they don't have a turnaround season. They have been historically atrocious.

The Jest.

Cleveland Brown-as-a-turd.

Jerrah and the 'Boys gotta be near the bottom these days.

Pugger
05-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I agree with some of the comments after the article that including SF and the seachickens in this list is a tad premature. Top front offices should be those whose teams are consistently in contention year after year. It is easy to assemble a good team with high draft picks but it takes a shrewd GM to keep infusing a roster with good players annually while picking late in every round. Let's see how SF and SEA do over the long haul and after they have to fork over big bucks for Wilson and Kaepernick.

RashanGary
05-16-2013, 09:15 AM
I agree with some of the comments after the article that including SF and the seachickens in this list is a tad premature. Top front offices should be those whose teams are consistently in contention year after year. It is easy to assemble a good team with high draft picks but it takes a shrewd GM to keep infusing a roster with good players annually while picking late in every round. Let's see how SF and SEA do over the long haul and after they have to fork over big bucks for Wilson and Kaepernick.

This makes a ton of sense. The Packers, Ravens and Patriots have done it over and over and over.

RashanGary
05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
And the Seahawks, before the new CBA, were one of those teams not spending their money. With the new spending minimum, they're forced to spend. Having saved so much money by not caring about winning, they have a big advantage over other teams. Similar to Wolf. He came to GB with all sorts of money to throw around with the new profit sharing. He was able to just toss money around and spend his way to the top.

The Ravens, Patriots, Packers, Colts, Giants and Steelers (even though they have a little down spell) continually put together great teams (and have 12 of the last 20 championships.) Every third year or so, one of the other 26 teams gets to win a SB.

Let's see how the newcomers last. They might be the best, but I doubt it.

3irty1
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
The Seahawks, 49ers, and Broncos belong on the list. They may have had years of sucking to aid their rise but moves like finding Russell Wilson in the 3rd, CK in the 2nd then somehow fleecing the Chiefs into buying Alex Smith, and the Broncos? Holy shit the Broncos were a complete laughingstock under Daniels. Just purging that much trash while still assembling a playoff roster is extremely impressive to me.

3irty1
05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
And the Seahawks, before the new CBA, were one of those teams not spending their money. With the new spending minimum, they're forced to spend. Having saved so much money by not caring about winning, they have a big advantage over other teams. Similar to Wolf. He came to GB with all sorts of money to throw around with the new profit sharing. He was able to just toss money around and spend his way to the top.

The Ravens, Patriots, Packers, Colts, Giants and Steelers (even though they have a little down spell) continually put together great teams (and have 12 of the last 20 championships.) Every third year or so, one of the other 26 teams gets to win a SB.

Let's see how the newcomers last. They might be the best, but I doubt it.

The Colts were more like the Lebron Cleveland Cavaliers than any of the other teams on that list JH. You should replace them with the Saints IMO.

Pugger
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Last year the Colts benefited by having a soft schedule after the 2011 disaster. It will be interesting to see how that team this coming season.

Cleft Crusty
05-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Gotta love the articles from the Department of the Obvious. With statements like this about Seattle: "Only their failure, as close as they came, to hold off Atlanta and reach the NFC Championship is holding them back from being higher on this list." you know LaCanfora is just writing off-season filler. What does a close playoff loss have to do with the front office? This type of stuff is no more compelling than the ubiquitous power ranking bilge which is yet another banal activity from the Department of the Obvious.

Fritz
05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
True. That statement sounds like something a foolish fan would make. I don't think a front office is directly responsible for one close playoff loss. If you run a front office that way you'd be working in the manner of the old Dan Snyder or the new Jerrah Jones.