PDA

View Full Version : 53 man roster prediction

Brandon494
05-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Which rookies won't make the team?

Which vet will be the surprise cut?

Will a UDFA will make the team this year?

Lets hear your prediction guys, I'll go ahead and start off... GO PACK GO!

QB- Rodgers, Coleman 2 (2)
FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
RB- Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Green 4 (7)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson 5 (12)
TE- Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, Taylor 4 (16)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Sherrod, Datko 9 (25)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Daniels 6 (31)
OLB- Matthews, Perry, Moses, Palmer 4 (35)
ILB- Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Manning, Lattimore 5 (40)
CB- Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, Hyde 6 (46)
S- Burnett, McMillian, Jennings, Richardson 4 (50)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

PUP Worthy

Joemailman
05-20-2013, 06:42 AM
FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Dorsey 5 (12)
TE- Finley, Bostick, Mulligan, D.J. Williams 4 (16)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Newhouse, Datko 9 (25)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Daniels 6 (31)
ILB- Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Manning, Lattimore 5 (40)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

PUP Worthy

Notes: Newhouse over Sherrod at this point. Sherrod has to show he can get on the field. Too much of a stretch at this point to put Jolly on the 53.

3irty1
05-20-2013, 09:06 AM
QB- Rodgers, Harrell 2 (2)
FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
RB- Lacy, Franklin, Harris 3 (6)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson 5 (11)
TE- Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Williams 4 (15)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Sherrod, Newhouse 9 (24)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Daniels, Boyd 7 (31)
ILB- Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Manning 5 (40)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

PUP Worthy

Datko, Taylor, Ross, Green are all tough cuts. I gave wist shit for saying Boyd would get cut but he's probably next up for me. The DL looks like a position of strength for now even with Worthy on the PUP but 2014 FA could change that in a hurry though. Lots of potential but not a lot of actual players at safety. The TE spot is a real mess after Finley. Hard to predict.

Pugger
05-20-2013, 09:12 AM
3irty1, I hope Coleman beats out Harrell for the #2 job. I'm not all that comfortable with Graham as Aaron's backup.

Zool
05-20-2013, 09:35 AM
QB- Rodgers, Harrell 2 (2)
FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
RB- Lacy, Franklin, Harris 3 (6)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson 5 (11)
TE- Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Williams 4 (15)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Sherrod, Newhouse 9 (24)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Daniels, Boyd 7 (31)
ILB- Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Manning 5 (40)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

PUP Worthy

Datko, Taylor, Ross, Green are all tough cuts. I gave wist shit for saying Boyd would get cut but he's probably next up for me. The DL looks like a position of strength for now even with Worthy on the PUP but 2014 FA could change that in a hurry though. Lots of potential but not a lot of actual players at safety. The TE spot is a real mess after Finley. Hard to predict.

You think Mulligan won't show enough to stick?

denverYooper
05-20-2013, 09:52 AM
No love for Jolly. I imagine he'll need an outstanding camp to make it.

Brandon494
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
I think I might go with Bostrick over Mulligan. Didn't realize he played WR in college and with Finley on the last year of his contract I could see them grooming Bostrick to eventually take his place. I really like Mulligan's blocking but Quarless was our best blocker before he got injured and I remember them putting him on the active roster a few times last season so he should be at full strength now. I was also debating between Mulligan and Taylor but I think special teams gives Taylor the edge.

3irty1
05-20-2013, 11:49 AM
You think Mulligan won't show enough to stick?

I think Mulligan is a shittier Tom Crabtree to start with and you really only need one TE like that on the roster. I think the 260 lb version of Bostick is his main competition but Quarless might even be enough on his own if he's back to being himself.

Zool
05-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I think Mulligan is a shittier Tom Crabtree to start with and you really only need one TE like that on the roster. I think the 260 lb version of Bostick is his main competition but Quarless might even be enough on his own if he's back to being himself.

I don't know anything about him other than the couple of paragraphs after he signed.

I have a bad feeling about Quarless. He wasn't supposed to be the hardest worker when he came out of college and took a pretty major injury. I'm not sure he's on the roster this season.

3irty1
05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't know anything about him other than the couple of paragraphs after he signed.

I have a bad feeling about Quarless. He wasn't supposed to be the hardest worker when he came out of college and took a pretty major injury. I'm not sure he's on the roster this season.

Jets fans talk about him the way Packer fans talk about Jarrett Bush. He has a history of ill-timed penalties and bone-head plays in big situations. Its clearly possible he comes here and is a crushing block of a TE and becomes a fan favorite like Crabtree was but its still hard to get excited about as a fan after hearing what Jets fans think about him.

Brandon494
05-20-2013, 02:03 PM

Quarless was actually active a few games last season but didn't play. That tells me he should be ready to go at full strength this training camp. He also has changed his attitude since college, he was our best blocking TE back when he was healthy. If his knee is a full strength you'll be seeing a lot of Quarless next season.

Zool
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Quarless was actually active a few games last season but didn't play. That tells me he should be ready to go at full strength this training camp. He also has changed his attitude since college, he was our best blocking TE back when he was healthy. If his knee is a full strength you'll be seeing a lot of Quarless next season.

That is exactly what I'm hoping for out of him, but I'm very skeptical. I think he'll need to show something early to keep the coaches looking at him. There's 6000 TE's in camp again, and I don't recall much on ST from Quarless.

Brandon494
05-20-2013, 02:15 PM
That is exactly what I'm hoping for out of him, but I'm very skeptical. I think he'll need to show something early to keep the coaches looking at him. There's 6000 TE's in camp again, and I don't recall much on ST from Quarless.

He hurt his knee playing on special teams.

Zool
05-20-2013, 02:23 PM
He hurt his knee playing on special teams.

So he did. In my mind he hurt it on that awful drop on the sidelines. He's been away so long I've forgotten most about him.

Cleft Crusty
05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Quarless was pretty good on ST. He also was blocking OK in the run game. If the knee is good, he is a lock to make the team.

Pugger
05-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Andrew did not play any games in 2012. It sounds like he will return this season but I worry if he'll be the same player he was before the injury. :-(

bobblehead
05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Way too early...BUT:

I think we keep 10 OL and only 3-4 TE this year.
DL is going to be a battle with at least one guy on PUP or IR, got 8 candidates for 6? spots. I mean 8 that WILL play in the NFL this year.
DeJuan Harris is cut and we are all pissed
OLB other than Clay disappoints.....again

Brandon494
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
If DeJuan Harris is cut then yes I will be pissed.

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
OFFENSE (24)

QB (2) - Rodgers, Harrell
RB (4) - Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Green
FB (1) - Kuhn
WR (5) - Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson
TE (4) - Finley, Quarless, Bostick, Taylor
OL (8) - Bulaga, Sitton, Dietrich-Smith, Lang, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay, Bakhtiari

DEFENSE (26)

DL (7) - Raji, Pickett, Jones, Neal, Jolly, Daniels, Boyd
OLB (5) - Matthews, Perry, Moses, Palmer, Mulumba
ILB (5) - Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Manning, Lattimore
CB (6) - Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, Hyde
S (3) - Burnett, McMillian, Jennings

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

PUP or IR - Worthy, Tretter

There are a lot of this guy or that guy spots that are a tossup. There are some interesting stories that will affect roster composition. Will Coleman beat out Harrell or at least earn a roster spot? I predicted no because I didn't see enough from Coleman last year to feel good about his chances. Could they run with 3 RBs? I predicted no because Lacy has injury concerns, and Franklin and Harris are undersized. Do they keep 9 OL because they have a bit more depth and there are injury concerns? I predicted no, but I think I might be wrong on this one. Do they go with only 3 RBs or 3 TEs to clear a roster spot elsewhere? Which rookie(s) win the backup OLB spot(s), Palmer, Mulumba, Barrington? I think I'm most intrigued by this Mulumba character, but who knows. Does Jolly make the roster? I predicted yes, because I'm guessing there is a reason they are willing to give him a chance.

My prediction is that this will be the final year for Kuhn, Tramon Williams, and Bush. They can afford them this year, but will need to free up every penny next offseason.

Brandon494
06-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Updated, sure it won't be my last. ;-)

FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson, Ross 6 (13)
TE- Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, Bostick 4 (17)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Newhouse, Sherrod, Datko 9 (26)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Jolly, Daniels 6 (32)
OLB- Matthews, Perry, Moses, Palmer 4 (36)
ILB- Bishop, Hawk, Jones, Manning, Lattimore 5 (41)
CB- Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, Hyde 6 (47)
S- Burnett, McMillian, Jennings 3 (50)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

Worthy - PUP

Guiness
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM

FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
OL- Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Newhouse, Sherrod, Datko 9 (26)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

Worthy - PUP

Just 4 TEs? Who are you kidding?

So far in this thread I've seen Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, Taylor, Bostick and DJ Williams mentioned. I think we keep them all :glug:

The Shadow
06-04-2013, 07:56 PM

FB- Kuhn 1 (3)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

Worthy - PUP

RB : Starks instead of Green
TE : Taylor over Bostick
OL : Sherrod, I fear, just is not ready. And - SOMEBODY has to be the backup center. Maybe Van Roten, maybe someone brought in.
DL : Perhaps Boyd over Daniels.
LB : Sometimes I think Francois & Lattimore are the same guy. Has anyone ever seen them together?
Overall - you have compiled a pretty well thought out list.

Brandon494
06-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Just 4 TEs? Who are you kidding?

So far in this thread I've seen Finley, Quarless, Mulligan, Taylor, Bostick and DJ Williams mentioned. I think we keep them all :glug:

Haha who knows with TT but I think we keep Bostick because of his potential in case Finley leaves. Also after losing Crabtree I think Mulligan makes the team over Williams and Taylor for blocking reasons.

smuggler
06-05-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm surprised you all think that we'll be keeping only three safeties. I'd think we'd keep a fourth.

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm surprised you all think that we'll be keeping only three safeties. I'd think we'd keep a fourth.

I figure Bush and/or Hyde could play there in a pinch.

Brandon494
06-05-2013, 01:17 AM
I figure Bush and/or Hyde could play there in a pinch.

Also forgot Richardson was recovering from a neck injury and might not be able to play.

MadScientist
06-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Nobody has Tavecchio beating out Crosby?

Pugger
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
RB : Starks instead of Green
TE : Taylor over Bostick
OL : Sherrod, I fear, just is not ready. And - SOMEBODY has to be the backup center. Maybe Van Roten, maybe someone brought in.
DL : Perhaps Boyd over Daniels.
LB : Sometimes I think Francois & Lattimore are the same guy. Has anyone ever seen them together?
Overall - you have compiled a pretty well thought out list.

The issue with Starks is the poor kid can't stay healthy. Green hasn't been all that available either however.

woodbuck27
06-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Way too early...BUT:

I think we keep 10 OL and only 3-4 TE this year.
DL is going to be a battle with at least one guy on PUP or IR, got 8 candidates for 6? spots. I mean 8 that WILL play in the NFL this year.
DeJuan Harris is cut and we are all pissed
OLB other than Clay disappoints.....again

I believe as I got it... that Aaron Rodgers really likes DuJuan Harris.

If so ...then he's going to make the 53-man. He certainly deserves that reality after his showing late last season and another real shot over both Starks and Green.

At RB it will be Lacy, Franklin and Harris and one of Starks or Green. I think that the Packers are really testing James Starks now to see how strong he is. DuJuan Harris was our best RB as last season ended and right now nobody has surpassed him yet.

I'll add this LINK right here:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/210310021.html

PACKERS !

mraynrand
06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
The issue with Starks is the poor kid can't stay healthy. Green hasn't been all that available either however.

Injury Prone!