PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Injury Thread

3irty1
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
JC Tretter broke his ankle yesterday in a fumble recovery drill. His agent says he expects him to miss 6 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5ekMlQvi4

Brandon494
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Expected to miss six months. :-|

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/packers-rookie-j-c-tretter-suffers-broken-ankle/

Joemailman
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Did he recover the fumble?

Brandon494
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
I doubt he would have started but still disappointing, I'm guessing one of the UDFA O-lineman have a chance to make the 53 man roster now.

Cheesehead Craig
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
He's obviously not big and tough as he got hurt so it's just an early removal of the chaff.

Joemailman
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I doubt he would have started but still disappointing, I'm guessing one of the UDFA O-lineman have a chance to make the 53 man roster now.

Yep. Anyone who can play Center.

QBME
05-21-2013, 04:25 PM
JC Tretter broke his ankle yesterday in a fumble recovery drill. His agent says he expects him to miss 6 months.

Obviously James Campens fault. Tomorrow is Wednesday....

pbmax
05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't think we miss Cullen Jenkins' play but he does appear to have cursed the place with his injury karma.

Cleft Crusty
05-21-2013, 05:56 PM
does that count as a FF?

pbmax
05-21-2013, 05:56 PM
McCarthy says of Bishop/Sherrod/House, that Bishop has the best chance of seeing time soon.

Brandon494
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
McCarthy says of Bishop/Sherrod/House, that Bishop has the best chance of seeing time soon.

House's shoulder still giving him trouble?

HarveyWallbangers
05-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Seriously? Please make it stop. I was intrigued by Tretter.

Guiness
05-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Dezman Moses held out with an 'unknown ailment'. Isn't he the guy that had the 'unknown ailment' last year that turned out to be a parasite that caused diarrhea??? Dude needs to get the water checked at his house or stop drinking out of puddles!

edit: nope, that was Terrell Manning

Joemailman
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
House's shoulder still giving him trouble?

House had surgery on his shoulder in late January.

pittstang5
05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
This is RiGODDAMNdiculous! Non-contact drill.

Gonna be a long season yet again.

George Cumby
05-21-2013, 08:14 PM
TT clearly is a fraud who doesn't know how to evaluate talent. What a waste of a pick.

swede
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
does that count as a FF?

Yes, two. Same as last year.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Wow basically a wasted rookie year.

smuggler
05-22-2013, 12:36 AM
I did the same thing about 5 weeks ago playing softball without an infield. I slid into the second on grass. Oops. I didn't break my ankle, though, just tore up the ligaments. I weigh about 70 lbs less than Tretter, which is probably the difference.

Oh well, there goes that draft pick. lol

Fritz
05-22-2013, 06:21 AM
Wow basically a wasted rookie year.

In an effort to get bigger and stronger through the draft, Ted Thompson ignored the anti-injury mantra coming out of 1265 Lombardi Ave. and drafted players who are injury-prone, like JC Tretter.

I think this is how Bob McGinn does it.

Pugger
05-22-2013, 08:05 AM
I did the same thing about 5 weeks ago playing softball without an infield. I slid into the second on grass. Oops. I didn't break my ankle, though, just tore up the ligaments. I weigh about 70 lbs less than Tretter, which is probably the difference.

Oh well, there goes that draft pick. lol

I broke the bottom tip of my fibula after turning my ankle a couple of years ago so it can happen. Heck, I walked on it for a couple of days thinking it was just a sprain. After it turned purple I thought the better of it and had it x-rayed! I couldn't put any weight on that foot for 6 weeks.

pbmax
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
In an effort to get bigger and stronger through the draft, Ted Thompson ignored the anti-injury mantra coming out of 1265 Lombardi Ave. and drafted players who are injury-prone, like JC Tretter.

I think we could get you a book deal. Or at least a blog.

Joemailman
05-22-2013, 08:59 AM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25443-It-is-official-Bulaga-and-Sitton-are-on-the-left-side/page2

Packers will probably keep 8. Bulaga, Sitton and Lang are locks. EDS and Barclay are good bets. The 2 rookies, being 4th round picks, would have to be terrible not to make the team. That could leave Newhouse and Sherrod battling for the last spot.It's always possible one of the rookies will suffer a mysterious injury late in the preseason and be put on IR.

Boy, they didn't waste any time.

pbmax
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Sherrod still doing individual position work. That would be good news but doesn't sound much different than the work he did after PUP last year.

House surgery was on shoulder, same one he injured in preseason then rehabbed and played with. Probably best for him after toughing it out. Campen does say all signs are positive. I wonder of Campen is now engaging in Voodoo chicken entrails reading.

Not directly mentioned in article but covered elsewhere Worthy says he plans on playing this year. His surgery was Jan 15, nine months puts him In mid-October.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278

pbmax
05-22-2013, 10:21 AM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25443-It-is-official-Bulaga-and-Sitton-are-on-the-left-side/page2

Boy, they didn't waste any time.

Another book idea, to massage the roster, Packers' doctors are giving players bad diagnosis and putting them in casts for 6 months, enabling an IR stay without question. Questions are raised when intrepid beat reporter Cleft Crusty (played by Harrison Ford) notices a Tweet from JC Tretter shows an X-Ray that looks suspiciously like the 1979 leg of former Packer great Lynn Dickey. The steel rod was a dead giveaway to Crusty, a longtime thorn in the medical establishments side.

3irty1
05-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Damn those Packers and their performance dehancing doctors.

rbaloha1
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Typical clumsy white dud -- also got his nose broken prior to the senior bowl practice.

run pMc
05-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Bummed about Tretter -- was thinking he would push EDS for C and likely win the C-G backup spot. They can PUP him and possibly IR him later, right? With all the bodies in camp, somebody ought to emerge.

As for Worthy, I saw in the OTA photos posted elsewhere that he was dressed but not participating (no helmet). Wouldn't count him out from being ready to play this season, but not sure how much explosion he will have or if he'll be any better than the healthy DL's on the roster.

Bossman641
05-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Not sure if this is the Packer injury thread or all injuries in general but Michael Crabtree looks to have a torn Achilles.

Cleft Crusty
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Not sure if this is the Packer injury thread or all injuries in general but Michael Crabtree looks to have a torn Achilles.

Whew! I thought you wrote Tom Crabtree. Hate to see that guy go down, no matter who he plays for. The NFL is all about dynamic players like Tom.

As for the Niners, Randy Moss is always available.

3irty1
05-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Wow. The 49ers are already more injured this season than they were last season.

pbmax
05-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow. The 49ers are already more injured this season than they were last season.

Yes, I am feeling guilty about feeling good about this.

Brandon494
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Don't forget they traded for Bolden this off season, that move is looking even right now.

3irty1
05-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Crabtree for Boldin even? Not sure about that. At this point Boldin is a poor man's James Jones not the other way around.

hoosier
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
I have a chronic achilles tendonosis at the insertion point that hurts like a motherf*&^%# after I run. But it has not ruptured yet. Maybe I could get a tryout with the niners.

Boldin is probably good for 60-70 receptions in that offense, but he's not going to take attention away from Vernon Davis or burn teams that stack the box the way Crabtree could. If it is really a tear that is a loss.

run pMc
05-22-2013, 03:41 PM
IIRC they have Boldin, Jenkins, Q.Patton, Mario Manningham?, and Kyle Williams at WR and Vernon Davis at TE. I'd take GB's receivers over theirs anyday, but they still have enough to score points. Assuming SEA's entire secondary doesn't get busted for PED's, they might not score enough points to win the division. Depending on the severity of the injury Crabtree might make it back for late season (see: Terrell Suggs).

Boldin is still a decent WR, but I wouldn't feel great about him as your #1 WR.

The injury bug really skipped SF last year, I think this is just reversion to the mean, plus that's a veteran roster and age + mileage can lead to injuries.

Back to GB -- hopefully they can get out of OTA's without any more injuries. Breaking an ankle on a 1st day fumble drill doesn't seem like a promising start.

Old School
05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
What idiot coach has players wearing spikes slide baseball style on turf? Baseball players slide feet first on dirt - big difference Is Campen teaching them to recover the ball with their feet?

I always scoffed at the fire Campen threads. Now - sign me up.

Guiness
05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Now reporting that he already had surgery (how is that for queue jumping?) and is going to be out for six months. That would be a pretty amazing recovery, of course Suggs just did it last year. Not that HGH is being used by any of these guys...

Brandon494
05-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Meant to type the trade looks even "better" now. Crabtree is clearly the better player at this point in his career but don't confuse Boldin as a scrub either. His style of play fits perfect with that team.

Fritz
05-22-2013, 09:09 PM

After all the injuries to Packer players - including their best wide receiver - you feel guilty about enjoying this?

PB, repeat after me:

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

woodbuck27
05-22-2013, 09:50 PM

I just posted a new thread covering that significant loss for the San Fran 49ers. Jim Harbaugh claims that Michael Crabtree's Achilles repair won't be season ending.

Bossman641
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM

This article will take the sting out of that guilt

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost

See all the way up there at the top of the chart for the least injured team - SF? See all the way down there at the bottom of the chart for the most injured team - GB?

Even in 2011, SF was 8th least injured and Packers were middle of the pack at 16.

bobblehead
05-23-2013, 01:09 PM
I have a chronic achilles tendonosis at the insertion point that hurts like a motherf*&^%# after I run. But it has not ruptured yet. Maybe I could get a tryout with the niners.

Boldin is probably good for 60-70 receptions in that offense, but he's not going to take attention away from Vernon Davis or burn teams that stack the box the way Crabtree could. If it is really a tear that is a loss.

Wow, exactly what I have. I have tried to push it in an effort to blow it so I can get surgery (damn insurance won't do a thing about it the way it is). Problem is that it gets so painful I can't push it hard enough.

I am going on 11 years with it...how about yourself?

bobblehead
05-23-2013, 01:11 PM
This article will take the sting out of that guilt

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost

See all the way up there at the top of the chart for the least injured team - SF? See all the way down there at the bottom of the chart for the most injured team - GB?

Even in 2011, SF was 8th least injured and Packers were middle of the pack at 16.

this just proves how soft the packers are.

hoosier
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Wow, exactly what I have. I have tried to push it in an effort to blow it so I can get surgery (damn insurance won't do a thing about it the way it is). Problem is that it gets so painful I can't push it hard enough.

I am going on 11 years with it...how about yourself?

I've had mine for a year or so. I have tried Relafen (it doesn't respond to anti-inflammatory = self-diagnosis as tendonosis) and, more recently, excentric loading to strengthen calf. Those help a little, but the exercises are a pain in the ass. Be careful what you wish for. If you rupture that thing at the insertion point you might end up breaking off part of the calcaneus bone, and even if it's a clean rupture I think the reattachment to heel is still a much bigger deal than just repairing a tendon that tears in the middle.

bobblehead
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
I've had mine for a year or so. I have tried Relafen (it doesn't respond to anti-inflammatory = self-diagnosis as tendonosis) and, more recently, excentric loading to strengthen calf. Those help a little, but the exercises are a pain in the ass. Be careful what you wish for. If you rupture that thing at the insertion point you might end up breaking off part of the calcaneus bone, and even if it's a clean rupture I think the reattachment to heel is still a much bigger deal than just repairing a tendon that tears in the middle.

I foolishly never researched it enough early on being young and bulletproof. From what I have read there is only one way to fix it for real. You have to get a professional ultrasound and use it 2x a day to break up the scar tissue and allow it to heal correctly. I have been doing this for a month as we speak.

I started doing insanity (like p90x) and it flared up from running in place. I decided that enough was enough. Given that I have injured and healed scar tissue so many times its going to take awhile for me to clear it. I will let you know if it works.

Google "aidmyachilles" and read up. It is simplified, but sums it up pretty much.

bobblehead
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
PS I have strengthened my calfs better than they have ever been in my life and it didn't help. I have bulls now, but still painful Achilles.

hoosier
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
My gut reaction is scam :-) but let me know if you see any improvement.

Guiness
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Greg Jennings sitting out practice with a wonky ankle today.

I get the feeling the decision to let him go was a good one. This is his 8th year in the league (wow) and I wonder if he is showing the wear and tear.

Cleft Crusty
05-29-2013, 04:22 PM
PS I have strengthened my calfs better than they have ever been in my life and it didn't help. I have bulls now, but still painful Achilles.

Clefty did this on his farm, and it resulted in very very tough beef.

Joemailman
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Not exactly an injury, but Joe Morgan of New Orleans had a blood alcohol level of .218. How much bourbon does it take to get that?

MJZiggy
05-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Not exactly an injury, but Joe Morgan of New Orleans had a blood alcohol level of .218. How much bourbon does it take to get that?For me, two shots.

Guiness
05-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Not exactly an injury, but Joe Morgan of New Orleans had a blood alcohol level of .218. How much bourbon does it take to get that?

meh, not that many.

At 185lbs, 10 shots in half an hour (come on, we've all done that, right? :) ) will get your 0.22

http://www.alcoholhelpcenter.net/Program/BAC_Standalone.aspx

You're right, not an injury, but experience has shown me that the potential of getting injured goes way up about that time.

Cleft Crusty
05-29-2013, 07:23 PM

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

swede
05-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Hard liquor was my weakness. God I loved to drink scotch, bourbon, rum, gin, and even a good tequila. Only one flavor a night though.

Aaaand then I would fall down.

Is Boykin hurt or not?

hoosier
05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
For me, two shots.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2010/09/Cary-Grant-and-Martin-Lan-001.jpg

MJZiggy
05-29-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2010/09/Cary-Grant-and-Martin-Lan-001.jpgThat would sum it up except for the whole penis thing. Sigh.

woodbuck27
05-29-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Injured-Packers-speak-out/29e56806-9c56-4572-96ea-d831179f2659

Injured Packers speak out

Green Bay Packers defensive end Jerel Worthy, linebacker Terrell Manning, and safety Sean Richardson speak out on their injuries following Tuesday afternoon's OTA practice.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
05-29-2013, 09:34 PM
http://blog.packers.com/

No timetables for return of Worthy, Richardson

Posted by Mike Spofford on May 28, 2013 – 4:53 pm

Two of last year’s rookies who ended the season on injured reserve, DE Jerel Worthy and S Sean Richardson, both plan to be back in 2013 but there is no timetable on either player." Fr. LINK

Please... Cloik on LINK for entire story.

PACKERS !

pbmax
06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Jason Pierre Paul undergoing back surgery. Likely to miss camp.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m
Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul is undergoing back surgery this morning in LA with Dr. Watkins. Belief is he should be ready for September.

ThunderDan
06-04-2013, 11:06 AM
meh, not that many.

At 185lbs, 10 shots in half an hour (come on, we've all done that, right? :) ) will get your 0.22

http://www.alcoholhelpcenter.net/Program/BAC_Standalone.aspx

You're right, not an injury, but experience has shown me that the potential of getting injured goes way up about that time.

Lightweight, I looked at the link and I can do 13 shots in a half hour to get there.:-P

Guiness
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Lightweight, I looked at the link and I can do 13 shots in a half hour to get there.:-P

Joe Morgan is the one weighing 185lbs!

(ok, ok, he's got me by a stone)