PDA

View Full Version : Now this is what I like to hear/read/see!

Patler
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
“I’m an outside linebacker,” Perry said this week after an OTA practice. “I’m playing the position I was made to play.”

After all the talk last year about Perry possibly not wanting to be a linebacker, he seems to have embraced the position. He didn't say he is happy to play wherever the team asks him to play, he said he is playing the position he is best suited for. (Unless, of course, he was using the word "made" to substituted for "forced to"! :cry:)

Fritz
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
After all the talk last year about Perry possibly not wanting to be a linebacker, he seems to have embraced the position. He didn't say he is happy to play wherever the team asks him to play, he said he is playing the position he is best suited for. (Unless, of course, he was using the word "made" to substituted for "forced to"! :cry:)

Well, as I am sure you suspect, Perry probably would not be familiar enough with that phrasing of "made" to use it. So it seems to me that he's either buying or at least parroting the company line. He said some other things in that article (it's not all about him, it's about helping the team) that were encouraging, too.

Good point in that article, too, about his bull rush being useful in terms of keeping running QB's honest. I believe he was referring to QB's like Kaepernick. Lane discipline, baby.

Patler
05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Good point in that article, too, about his bull rush being useful in terms of keeping running QB's honest. I believe he was referring to QB's like Kaepernick. Lane discipline, baby.

If Perry can drill Kaepernick once or twice like he did Andrew Luck, Kaepernick (or any other QB) might be less inclined to run. Throwing the ball away will look like a nice option.

MadScientist
05-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Here's the link to the article:
http://www.packersnews.com/proart/20130523/pkr01/305230380/injury-shortened-season-leaves-perry-s-fit-linebacker-uncertain?pagerestricted=1

I definitely like his attitude about losing some weight.

Perry wouldn’t confirm his weight but suggested it was slightly less than last season and that he’d like to get a little lighter to help his endurance.
Last year he acted like his weight wasn't a problem. I may have to change my expectations for him from bust to player.

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
What do you expect him to say?

Expect Perry to be able to hold the edge allowing others to flow to the ball.

MadtownPacker
05-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Well he could have bitched and moaned about the change like lots of players tend to do. Seems like he has the right attitude instead.

HarveyWallbangers
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
It seems feelings are mixed on Perry, but I'm still driving the Perry bandwagon.

3irty1
05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
It seems feelings are mixed on Perry, but I'm still driving the Perry bandwagon.

I call shotgun.

Love the idea of replacing the worst athlete on the team with one of, if not the, best athlete on the team.

Patler
05-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Well he could have bitched and moaned about the change like lots of players tend to do. Seems like he has the right attitude instead.

...or, he could have acted like Aaron Kampman did, say virtually nothing, but generally convey the impression that he is displeased about the change in position.

Brandon494
05-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I've been on his bandwagon since day one, still think he can be a Lamar Woodley type player for our defense. I honestly believe if healthy we should have a top 10 defense this season.

Fritz
05-24-2013, 01:15 PM
...or, he could have acted like Aaron Kampman did, say virtually nothing, but generally convey the impression that he is displeased about the change in position.

Or do what Mike Neal did when he was moved in OTA's to outside linebacker. It's the classic player's response: "I do whatever the coaches tell me to do."

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 01:37 PM

Much different situation since Perry can not smell free agency for three more seasons.

Plus Perry is not a ostrich attempting to play olb.

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
I've been on his bandwagon since day one, still think he can be a Lamar Woodley type player for our defense. I honestly believe if healthy we should have a top 10 defense this season.

Woodley -- yes Top 10 -- huge stretch

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Or do what Mike Neal did when he was moved in OTA's to outside linebacker. It's the classic player's response: "I do whatever the coaches tell me to do."

Fake tough guy could be challenging for a roster spot.

Cheesehead Craig
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Good to see who's in charge of the Kool-Aid on the bandwagon. I like it!

Brandon494
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Woodley -- yes Top 10 -- huge stretch

We were ranked 11th in total defense last season with a lot of key players hurt. The addition of Bishop, Perry, and Jones to the starting lineup should give the defense a nice boost.

KYPack
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM

Oh yeah.

The kid was totally lost at sea at the start of the season.

He had a fugly game against SF in the opener & I slagged the hell out of him on here.

He folded back his ears and busted his ass, until he was a serviceable OLB.

He probably has the perfect coach on the planet to teach him every trick in the book in Greenie.

I think he'll make some strides and give us a player at LOLB.

I didn't think he'd make it, but I'm hoping I was wrong.

The kid seems to have a good attitude, he could make a huge difference in our D.

Hand me the dipper, I'll have a sip out of the big barrel of Kool-Aid.

pbmax
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM

If I can't be shotgun then I want at least a partial credit for the Woodley comparison.

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 02:39 PM
We were ranked 11th in total defense last season with a lot of key players hurt.

Really? Did the schedule help with the top 10 ranking? What happened in the playoffs?

pbmax
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Really? Did the schedule help with the top 10 ranking? What happened in the playoffs?

It throttled the Vikings.

3irty1
05-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Packers opponents were a combined 129 and 125 so no.

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
It throttled the Vikings.

with Joe Webb

pbmax
05-24-2013, 03:03 PM
with Joe Webb

So you are saying Top 10 defenses pay lights out versus lesser teams and lights flickering against better offenses?

I completely agree.

Joemailman
05-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Fake tough guy could be challenging for a roster spot.

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/9/PxP5ZAnY5UqfE6Udr0l1eg2.jpg

Iron Mike
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
It seems feelings are mixed on Perry, but I'm still driving the Perry bandwagon.I call shotgun.

Love the idea of replacing the worst athlete on the team with one of, if not the, best athlete on the team.

And just who here has had the same avatar since the 2012 draft??? :)

Fritz
05-24-2013, 05:36 PM
And just who here has had the same avatar since the 2012 draft??? :)

Harvey? PB?

rbaloha1
05-24-2013, 06:35 PM
So you are saying Top 10 defenses pay lights out versus lesser teams and lights flickering against better offenses?

I completely agree.

Hai

MJZiggy
05-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Harvey? PB?
Me, silly!!

woodbuck27
05-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Harvey? PB?

woodbuck27 and 'an action figure' to boot.

The same kind of action I expect from a 1st round draft pick. For a long time that year and before the draft I felt it could be NO. 53 Nick Perry as TT's pick. He didn't seem to me really enthused about being a Green Bay Packer. Maybe he's gone 'to thinking school'.

It's time for the lad to buckle down and 'just do his level best to help the team.

Be simply 'a Green Bay Packer'.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
05-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Harvey? PB?

Fritz does love him some Nick Perry.

RashanGary
05-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah.

The kid was totally lost at sea at the start of the season.

He had a fugly game against SF in the opener & I slagged the hell out of him on here.

He folded back his ears and busted his ass, until he was a serviceable OLB.

He probably has the perfect coach on the planet to teach him every trick in the book in Greenie.

I think he'll make some strides and give us a player at LOLB.

I didn't think he'd make it, but I'm hoping I was wrong.

The kid seems to have a good attitude, he could make a huge difference in our D.

Hand me the dipper, I'll have a sip out of the big barrel of Kool-Aid.

I'm hopin' too. The way we play defense (mostly nickle), maybe the size/stoutness factor overrides some of the limitations in coverage. It's good that he's a bull rusher too. With Matthews on the other side, he's going to have plenty of chances to disengage and run down QB's with his elite speed as they're chased from the pocket by Matthews. Perry can really run.

I don't know, it's hard to picture him being an ideal base 3-4 type player, but in the 2-4 (extra DB on the field) it might be a perfect fit for him.

George Cumby
05-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I vaguely recall the predraft scoop on him was that he had a pro's attitude.

There was a recent thread suggesting this wasn't the case.

We will see. If, as PB and Brandon suggest he turns into a LW type then Katy, bar the door, cause CM III will be pushing 20 sacks.

IMO, I saw enough last year to be VERY enthused, provided his attitude is right.

packer4life
05-26-2013, 01:04 AM
3rd down defense:

Matthews, Raji, Datone, Neal would form the perfect 4-1 front, with Brad Jones as LB

Thoughts?

Pugger
05-26-2013, 06:59 AM
If Perry can drill Kaepernick once or twice like he did Andrew Luck, Kaepernick (or any other QB) might be less inclined to run. Throwing the ball away will look like a nice option.

I can't wait to see Nick slam into to Kaepernick - without hitting CK's helmet - a few times myself. :cool:

Pugger
05-26-2013, 07:04 AM
3rd down defense:

Matthews, Raji, Datone, Neal would form the perfect 4-1 front, with Brad Jones as LB

Thoughts?

I don't think teams would enjoy facing this group at all if you add Nick Perry to this ensemble. :smile:

pbmax
05-26-2013, 09:09 AM
3rd down defense:

Thoughts?

Have to see D. Jones against live NFL competition first to be sure. But I like B. Jones in the dime and I have to think that is the plan and a significant reason he got the deal he did.

Bretsky
05-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Harvey? PB?

I am prety sure I'm in this group as well. However, the Bikini Gals have disappointed me as tey have fallen off the face of the earth and have not appeared in any Grailistic scenes, playboy, or Penthouse.

I offered to market them and make them big time but they turned me down :)

I need something new that is kind to the eyes.......any suggestions ?

Collapse
05-26-2013, 01:15 PM
3rd down defense:

Thoughts?

I think they'll experiment with Matthews playing as the dime backer. Neal, Raji, D. Jones, Perry with Matthews stunting with either Raji or D. Jones. It's the best way to get your best pass rushers on the field at the same time and Matthews has been successful rushing from there in the past. I think/hope Daniels will push Raji for snaps as well.

rbaloha1
05-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't think teams would enjoy facing this group at all if you add Nick Perry to this ensemble. :smile:

How can you make this proclamation without seeing the group with live snaps?

George Cumby
05-26-2013, 03:53 PM

It's the offseason and all we have is speculation, fantasy and dreams to hold on to. It's a solid 3 months before real football. Let us dream, wouldja'?

Joemailman
05-26-2013, 03:58 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/9/PxP5ZAnY5UqfE6Udr0l1eg2.jpg

rbaloha1
05-26-2013, 05:36 PM
It's the offseason and all we have is speculation, fantasy and dreams to hold on to. It's a solid 3 months before real football. Let us dream, wouldja'?

Trust me ... there are better things to dream about.:hrt:

Fritz
05-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Yes...like a hot super model on her knees in front of you while you sit in your la-z-boy watching the Packers winning the Super Bowl.