PDA

View Full Version : Great read on Hayward

Bossman641
05-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Had never heard of this site before, but the author went through the All-22 tape and graded Hayward on each snap, regardless of whether the ball was thrown his way.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/27/casey-hayward-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict/

Upnorth
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks alot, you just ruined my productivity for the day. (Great site)

KYPack
05-28-2013, 03:39 PM
I'll double down on that.

Thx for posting this site.

Casey is such a great young player.

He is probably the best slot corner in the NFL, as a rook.

He will also develop as a cover corner and most likely will take over that gig this season.

The only thing is saw him have trouble with came in the Tenn game.

Hayward hasn't picked up the tricks to be an effective blitzer in Capers fire zone schemes.

He is a brilliant young player who will only improve.

We got a ruby in that second round pick, I'll tell ya.

Guiness
05-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd love to get my hands on some all-22 footage, time to start looking for torrents!

KYPack
05-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I'd love to get my hands on some all-22 footage, time to start looking for torrents!

The eye in the sky just don't lie.

woodbuck27
05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Had never heard of this site before, but the author went through the All-22 tape and graded Hayward on each snap, regardless of whether the ball was thrown his way.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/27/casey-hayward-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict/

Impressive stuff...Thanks Bossman641.

PACKERS !

hoosier
05-28-2013, 09:12 PM

You can sign up for nfl rewind for quite cheap after season is over. It offers regular, condensed and coaches film.

packer4life
05-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I've been waiting for an article to nicely sum up Hayward's 2012 production. I've read many snippets regarding his talent, and noticed good ball-skills while watching the games, but never truly have spent a whole lot of time watching his play. Looks like another 2nd round hit for Teddy...

call_me_ishmael
05-29-2013, 01:12 AM
The way the beat writers, "scouts" and other players talked about him last summer reminded me of Greg Jennings. Everyone was saying from his rookie year on GJ was a star in the making and that he was just a smooth football player. Similar comments were made about Hayward.

Upnorth
05-29-2013, 10:26 AM
The way the beat writers, "scouts" and other players talked about him last summer reminded me of Greg Jennings. Everyone was saying from his rookie year on GJ was a star in the making and that he was just a smooth football player. Similar comments were made about Hayward.

If he has a career that is a consistently undervalued very good to elite caliber player year in and year out then I will be jumping for joy!

mraynrand
05-29-2013, 12:17 PM
keep it up you morons - you're going to get the guy injured for sure.

smuggler
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Yep. Impending neck injury. TIA jerks

Smeefers
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Great read.

I was impressed with him last year, but I wasn't sold on him as being a star. I expected to see him drop off considerably this year, but after reading that article, I've completely flipped my stance. Hello Deon Sanders.

To much?

RashanGary
05-29-2013, 09:59 PM

I like that comparison too. Jennings lacked height/length. Hayward lacks elite deep speed. But Hayward is an impressive talent in every other way, just like Jennings was in every other way other than his size. Good size, change of direction, short area burst, flexible, incredibly smooth and fluid with how he moves, ball skills, smarts, hard working, trust worthy. . . .

woodbuck27
05-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I like that comparison too. Jennings lacked height/length. Hayward lacks elite deep speed. But Hayward is an impressive talent in every other way, just like Jennings was in every other way other than his size. Good size, change of direction, short area burst, flexible, incredibly smooth and fluid with how he moves, ball skills, smarts, hard working, trust worthy. . . .

A 'hopeful' Ball hawk !

Possibly a T.O. machine as he grows /gets more comfortable.

GO PACKERS !