PDA

View Full Version : Packer HC Mike McCarthy not concerned about 'New Dates' for NFL Draft in 2014.

woodbuck27
05-29-2013, 10:21 PM
http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=22351

McCarthy not concerned about pushed-back NFL Draft

May 28, 2013 -- 10:55pm

GREEN BAY...

"Mike McCarthy isn’t worried about how the decision to push the 2014 NFL Draft back to May 8-10 will impact next offseason. The Green Bay Packers coach is focused on this offseason.

Nevertheless, the league’s decision to hold the draft in May instead of late April next year – and possibly for the foreseeable future – could impact how future off seasons play out." Fr. LINK

Click on LINK please... for this entire story.

GO PACK GO !

Old School
05-30-2013, 02:12 AM
OK Wood, you can knock it off anytime now. You've got me foaming at the mouth for the Packer season to begin. It's still a long time until Sept.

With high expectations for injury returnees and possible jewels plucked from the draft and free agency, this could be a special season.

woodbuck27
05-30-2013, 10:18 AM
OK Wood, you can knock it off anytime now. You've got me foaming at the mouth for the Packer season to begin. It's still a long time until Sept.

With high expectations for injury returnees and possible jewels plucked from the draft and free agency, this could be a special season.

Let's walk before we run Ehh!? :repost:

PACKERS ON THE RISE !

Brandon494
05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
We still have Ted at GM right? Why would he be concerned? :jig:

swede
05-30-2013, 04:32 PM
It is a two week difference. I hate it for the ridiculous reason that the draft has heretofore always fallen around my birthday. Other than that it is simply fourteen more excruciating days to listen to people argue over some guard's arm length.

It gives students a chance to finish school I suppose. How weird is that? You walk into one of your last classes for a final exam ready to make half a million a year playing football and the other kids are split up between making 30k as an entry-level accountant or 18k as a barrista until the resume hits paydirt.

Did the league have any compelling reason to make the change?

woodbuck27
05-30-2013, 05:59 PM
It is a two week difference. I hate it for the ridiculous reason that the draft has heretofore always fallen around my birthday. Other than that it is simply fourteen more excruciating days to listen to people argue over some guard's arm length.

It gives students a chance to finish school I suppose. How weird is that? You walk into one of your last classes for a final exam ready to make half a million a year playing football and the other kids are split up between making 30k as an entry-level accountant or 18k as a barrista until the resume hits paydirt.

Hi Swede:

In announcing the change for 2014, the NFL claimed the move was “due to a scheduling conflict at Radio City Music Hall”.

PACKERS !

swede
05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi Swede:

In announcing the change for 2014, the NFL claimed the move was “due to a scheduling conflict at Radio City Music Hall”.

PACKERS !

So the North Umberland Accordion Club got their deposit in ahead of the NFL?

I hate that I don't trust the league to mean what it says. Roger is a bad man.

Pugger
05-31-2013, 06:41 AM
We still have Ted at GM right? Why would he be concerned? :jig:

Yes, this will give our guru more time to find more gems. :smile:

Patler
05-31-2013, 07:36 AM
I wish they would return to the good old days, when the draft was in late November.

Cheesehead Craig
05-31-2013, 09:17 AM
I wish they would return to the good old days, when the draft was in late November.

And 15 rounds or so.

pbmax
05-31-2013, 10:02 AM

I still insist that 1/4 inch was a game changer in pass blocking.

Cleft Crusty
05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
You walk into one of your last classes for a final exam ready to make half a million a year playing football and the other kids are split up between making 30k as an entry-level accountant or 18k as a barrista until the resume hits paydirt.

Yeah, but your half mil is spent on a home for your mom, and various pay outs to you entourage. After three years on the PS/IR, you are out of the league, you just sold your pimped out C class to pay your agent's bill, you are out of cash, and the Barrista is now the crew chief at McDonald's admonishing you: "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean"

swede
05-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but your half mil is spent on a home for your mom, and various pay outs to you entourage. After three years on the PS/IR, you are out of the league, you just sold your pimped out C class to pay your agent's bill, you are out of cash, and the Barrista is now the crew chief at McDonald's admonishing you: "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean"

Did the accountant get a job as an agent?

Fritz
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM

You answered your own question. It's so we can debate a guard's arm length more thoroughly. I always felt we never had enough time to truly plumb the depths of that subject.