PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs

Joemailman
05-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Am I the only one watching? :lol:

Now it gets interesting. The 4 teams left are the last 4 Stanley Cup Champions. Chicago (2010) vs. Los Angeles (2012). Pittsburgh (2009) vs. Boston (2011).

An interesting Olympics related note: Blackhawks just defeated goalie Jimmy Howard of Detroit. They now face Jonathan Quick of Los Angeles. Really good chance that Howard and Quick will be the goalies for USA in the 2014 Winter Olympics.

red
06-01-2013, 08:22 AM
that whistle at the end of regulation the other night that dissallowed the winning goal for the hawks was one of the most mind numbing things i have ever seen in my life

Patler
06-01-2013, 10:17 AM
that whistle at the end of regulation the other night that dissallowed the winning goal for the hawks was one of the most mind numbing things i have ever seen in my life

Why?

red
06-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Why?

did you see it?

game 7, score tied, with like a couple minutes left.

detroit player drills a blackhawks player and launches him into one of the benches, the pulls the guy out and down onto the ice.

while that is going on, the blackhawks go on a massive break

wings player just stands over the hawks player, doing nothing, no punches being thrown. line judge deems that there is too much going on and decides to fly in and blow the play dead to stop the fight, which isn't happening

right about the same time the whistle is being blown for no reason, a hawks player winds up and fires a shot that beats the wings goalie high

stadium erupts, everyone celebrates, and then it is announced that the goal didn't count because the ref blew a whistle way behind the play for something that happens all the time without getting a whistle

and to add insult to injury. they called penalties on both players. even on the blackhawks player for basically getting his ass kicked and not fighting back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXn5E53AaQ

Patler
06-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I didn't see it live, but I have seen replays from various angles. I don't mind that he made the call, and I wouldn't have thought it wrong if he didn't. Could have gone either way.

I think people get upset because it negated a goal. Had the goalie made the save, probably no one would have objected. But the fact the shot went in doesn't change the call from right to wrong. For me, the fact it was with less than 2:00 remaining doesn't matter either. I wanted the calls to stay the same until the very end. otherwise, it just becomes a free for all.

Doesn't seem to be any dispute that the whistle was blown before the shot. If you watch the trailing official, his hand goes to his mouth to blow the whistle even before the final pass is made.

I don't think the Hawk was blameless. He grabbed the Wing by the head and pulled his helmet off, then wrapped his legs around the Wing's legs. The Wing was no more and no less to blame, maybe the hit was high, maybe roughing as the Hawk came down on the ice, but not egregious either. Coincidental was probably the best call, if a call was to be made.

Not the greatest whistle, but not atrocious, in my opinion. I couldn't have cared less who won the game, so I think I am objective, but then again it involved a Chicago team so I might be inherently prejudicial in favor of whoever is playing them! :smile: :smile:

gbgary
06-03-2013, 10:21 PM
B's beat pit 6-1...and it wasn't that close. lead series 2-0.

Joemailman
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Pittsburgh was truly horrible. Don't see how they can bounce back from this, with how well Boston is playing. I've been wanting to see a Blackhawks/Bruins final for a few years now. Looks like this might be the year.

gbgary
06-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Pittsburgh was truly horrible. Don't see how they can bounce back from this, with how well Boston is playing. I've been wanting to see a Blackhawks/Bruins final for a few years now. Looks like this might be the year.

maybe...just maybe.

Patler
06-04-2013, 07:33 AM
The Blackhawks looked all but done 10 days ago. I know a couple fans that were looking for tall buildings to jump off of. Nice regroup and focus to come back in that series and take command of this one.

Joemailman
06-04-2013, 04:45 PM
The Blackhawks looked all but done 10 days ago. I know a couple fans that were looking for tall buildings to jump off of. Nice regroup and focus to come back in that series and take command of this one.

Joel Quenneville made some nice adjustments starting in Game 5, most importantly reuniting the defensive pairing Duncan Keith and Brett Seabrook. He needed to because Mike Babcock is a hell of a coach who really had the Blackhawks frustrated.

Not sure I would say the Blackhawks have command of this series yet. Kings have won 14 straight at home, so tonight should be interesting. Not having Mike Richards in the lineup hurts them though.

Pretty ridiculous that the NHL is making these 2 teams play 3 games in 4 nights this deep in the playoffs. The Blackhawks depth might give them an advantage there, especially if it goes OT.

Joemailman
06-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Blackhawks and Bruins one win away from Finals.

gbgary
06-07-2013, 10:39 PM
SAAAWEEEEEEP!

Joemailman
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/943597_10201072063114535_1000776931_n.jpg

I would just like to point out that the last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, the Packers won the next Super Bowl. So everyone here should be cheering for the Blackhawks!

Patler
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/943597_10201072063114535_1000776931_n.jpg

I would just like to point out that the last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, the Packers won the next Super Bowl. So everyone here should be cheering for the Blackhawks!

But the Blackhawks hail from CHICAGO. I think that is in ILLINOIS.
You are asking for an awful lot from a life-long cheesehead. :lol:

Joemailman
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM

They're playing the Bruins. A bruin is a bear. What Packer fan doesn't want to cheer against the Bears?

red
06-10-2013, 04:30 PM

i love all chicago teams except for the bears

fuck the bears

Patler
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
They're playing the Bruins. A bruin is a bear. What Packer fan doesn't want to cheer against the Bears?

Excellent!

Upnorth
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
There are few teams I dislike more than the blackhawks, but there are only three teams I hate. Go hawks ( I think I threw up a bit)

gbgary
06-13-2013, 12:31 AM
SHIT! lost in triple ot at the strike of midnight 4-3.

Upnorth
06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I was not expecting that outta game one. 2 goals in the last few minutes to tie it up, then three ot's. Get outta here

woodbuck27
06-13-2013, 02:28 PM

Then you've got me going against the BIG BAD BRUINS.

Really !

We're winning the next Super Bowl with three more Blackhawk wins. I'll take all the karma I can get.

GO Hawks !!

Joemailman
06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Good thing there are 2 days off between Game 1 and 2. Those teams will need it. As is often the case when a game goes deep into overtime, an ugly goal wins it. Should be a great series.

gbgary
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
crazy ass game last night. hated the finish. lol

this is going 7...dammit!

Joemailman
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Looks like. That game reminded me of when I had Blackhawks season tickets in the 1980's and they had some real playoff shootouts with the Minnesota North Stars and Edmonton Oilers. I don't think we'll see ant more 6-5 games this series. :grin:

woodbuck27
06-23-2013, 02:15 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm?round=4

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012030415&navid=sc.com-series-recap

Blackhawks hold off Bruins, take 3-2 lead in Final

Sunday, 06.23.2013 / 10:37 AM ... Dan Rosen - NHL.com Senior Writer

CHICAGO --

" Patrick Kane used his quick hands to lift the Chicago Blackhawks to a two-goal lead and Corey Crawford did his part by stonewalling the Boston Bruins three days after taking heat for actually being on the winning side of a rare offensive barrage in the Stanley Cup Final.

It all added up to the Blackhawks earning the opportunity to win the Stanley Cup on the road for the second time in 36 months." Fr. LINK above

red
06-24-2013, 09:59 PM
WOW

Joemailman
06-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Pretty incredible ending. When Scotty Bowman says he's never seen anything like it, it probably hasn't happened.

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Pretty incredible ending. When Scotty Bowman says he's never seen anything like it, it probably hasn't happened.

Comment woodbuck27:

A stunning Chicago Blackhawk win. Here's the story.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/boston-leads-chicago-1-0-first-period-012325094.html

Chicago stuns Boston to win Stanley Cup

By: Steve Keating Reuters – 4 hours ago.

"...with the TD Garden in full party mode, the Blackhawks staged an improbable rally that is sure to go down as one of the most spectacular comebacks in a Stanley Cup clinching game.

Note: Chicago scored 2 goals 17 seconds apart in the final 76 seconds for a 3-2 win.

With Chicago goalie Corey Crawford pulled in favor of an extra attacker, Bryan Bickell tied the game with a tap in from the side of net moments before Dave Bolland crushed Boston's Cup dreams when he drove a loose puck into the Bruins goal.

As the final seconds ticked off the clock Blackhawks players poured off the team bench and tossed their sticks and gloves into the air as the arena fell silent." Fr. LINK above

Please click on the LINK above for the entire story.

Joemailman
06-25-2013, 07:24 AM
The last 1:16 of Game 6 is the Bruins' version of 4th and 26. The only way to exorcise those demons is to win it all. It will be interesting to see how they rebound from this.

Upnorth
06-25-2013, 09:47 AM
The last 1:16 of Game 6 is the Bruins' version of 4th and 26. The only way to exorcise those demons is to win it all. It will be interesting to see how they rebound from this.

Now that is one accurate comparision.

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 12:36 PM

The Bruins and their fans didn't sleep well last night.

MJZiggy
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Not to change the subject, but seeing the Blackhawk logo...they think the Redskins need a name/logo change?

Joemailman
06-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Not to change the subject, but seeing the Blackhawk logo...they think the Redskins need a name/logo change?

I don't know that people think Washington needs a logo change. The problem some have is the name, which to many is a racial slur. The Blackhawks indirectly take their name from Chief Blackhawk, a chief of the Sauk indian tribe.

gbgary
06-26-2013, 09:34 PM
gut...wrenched!

very 4th and 26 (or whatever it was) of them.

Joemailman
06-26-2013, 09:53 PM
gut...wrenched!

very 4th and 26 (or whatever it was) of them.

Glad to see you posting. I was starting to worry about you. ;)

gbgary
06-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Glad to see you posting. I was starting to worry about you. ;)

ha...it's all good. don't think they would have survived a game 7 in chi anyway. already looking forward to next year. gratz to ya!!