PDA

View Full Version : Packers building new team facilities

RashanGary
06-01-2013, 03:06 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/murphy_takes_5/article-1/Offseason-program-in-the-home-stretch/2df40c13-06e5-44e2-b189-3806fd4fb52a

Murphy says they're building a player development office and a team dining area. When they park, they get out and their dining/player development section is right there near where they enter the building. Obviously, it's right there before they leave too. I think it promotes comradery, makes it easy to just sit down, eat and hang out after work.

I like this small move. It's a dining area, but knowing the Packers, they'll have couches, chairs, TV's, everything. . . . . Rob Davis has his office there. It seems he's the guy who talks to guys, helps them work through personal problems, that kind of thing. . . . His office will be right there. I think it promotes a family type atomosphere. Guys who might be easily distracted might find themselves comfortable around some of the other guys at work, and just spend more time at the office.

I think it's kind of cool. It's an example of how committed the Packers are to the football end of things. This makes zero money for the team. It makes Lambeau a comfortable place for the Packers to be. I also think it will help when FA's and college players come in. They'll be like, ah, hell yeah, this is the place to be.