PDA

View Full Version : June 1 cuts

Guiness
06-02-2013, 01:36 PM
June 1st cuts are not very notable anymore, you rarely see potential impact players hit the wire. Players like Seymore and Dumervil were cut earlier, and the full salary cap hit taken. With the flat cap I thought this year might've been a little different, but I'm not even sure any teams used their 'post June 1 designation' to push the cap hit out.

Still, there were some notable names to hit the wires. Marcus Spears and Micheal Huff are a couple of first rounders cut. Jared Gaither was supposed to be a franchise LT, but earned the nickname 'the big lazy'.

Other players to go were Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bernard Pollard, Adam Snyder, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, Tyson Clabo, James Anderson and Willie Colon.

Best player I see in the list is probably Karlos Dansby. The Ravens signed both Spears and Huff, seems to me dumping Pollard for Huff is a lateral move at best. I wonder what happens with Fitzpatrick, he (briefly) showed something in Buffalo, I think he'll get work somewhere, but probably not much of a shot at starting.