PDA

View Full Version : The Towering Kaepernick

pbmax
06-04-2013, 09:16 AM
A very nice and detailed breakdown (with clips of the game) on how Kaepernick shredded the Packers D.

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2013/06/04/colin-kaepernick-revisiting-the-packers-defensive-debacle/

I have not gotten through all the clips, but I thought it worth posting because the article skips past tough and big and focuses on how CK got unleashed. The reviewer notices the scrambles that produced more yardage in the first half than read option but also notes his passing did as much damage overall.

Also noted that CK was basically reading one man or side of the field and then running.

First half scrambles in designed pass plays:
1. 3 yard gain. Raji gets loose but is deep in backfield and CK steps up and heads for a hole that Matthews has vacated mainly because he gets chipped and continues to head in that direction. Hawk was in a position to control CK from breaking free across the middle but he stays in coverage and does not close fast once CK chooses to run to sideline.

2. 20 yard TD. Neal gets knocked silly on a spin move and decides to play spy. Matthews goes wide. Hole that I could run through develops, CK takes off and scored TD.

3. 12 yards and first down. 3 man rush gets pressure but its not clean. Raji is squeezing CK but Walden, who is spying on this play, wait far too long to commit and doesn't use Raji to squeeze the hole and is then forced to chase CK who is far faster than he is. This was 3rd and nine.

4. 13 yards and first down on 2nd and 8. Slot blitz (I think this is Hayward) works to perfection and Hayward whiffs completely. Might have torn a fingernail going by. Moses is close but engaged, right side of D line has slant penetrated left to clear space for blitzer. Worked like it was drawn up and CK burns it.

5. 17 yards and first down on 3rd and 10. Capers sends six including Woodson. Matthews gets free but tripped up at end before he closes. Woodson has to go airborne to get around block and cannot react to CK run. Walden and Raji hold gaps but aren't close enough to help. Jones is there but he got slobberknockered by Iupati (who got Neal earlier) and cannot recover in time to seal of CK's escape route. This looks to be the worst of the bunch. 49ers had six to protect six and no one laid a hand on him.

6. 9 yards on 3rd and 10. Best defense against a scramble since run 1. Escapes up the middle on what is really a QB draw. I don't think this was a pass at any point. 3 man line gave him lanes but everyone is playing zone and converges. BRTW, want to see Mike Neal's future at OLB? He plays stand up RDE on this play. Matthews and Walden are on the left side.

6 runs, 74 yards. 3 first downs, one TD.

Lesson from these plays? Get fast, more athletic AND longer. And notice on film 4 of these runs were to his left, a side most right handed QBs don't favor. 2 were up the middle.

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Dude -- get over it and seek therapy for trying to disprove McGinn:beat:

Patler
06-04-2013, 10:53 AM

The Packers already disproved McGinn on draft weekend.

Fritz
06-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Way to respond to close, thoughtful analysis with intelligent, insightful analysis of your own.

Freak Out
06-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Fritz
06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
seven and seven-eighths.

Guiness
06-04-2013, 11:41 AM
#3 and 4 from your list are the ones I remember as being the most demoralizing. Those two plays made me realize the Pack was not going to be able to stop him that day. The only hope was that Rodgers could match him score for score.

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 12:36 PM
The Packers already disproved McGinn on draft weekend.

How -- getting bigger physical players?

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Way to respond to close, thoughtful analysis with intelligent, insightful analysis of your own.

Way to respond with your typical butt licking retorts.:wave:

Freak Out
06-04-2013, 12:57 PM

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM

Cheesehead Craig
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Nice find there pb. Thanks for the explanation as well.

pbmax
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM
The interesting this will be to see how the adjustments Capers made to stop the scrambling (which worked) somehow did nothing or hurt their performance on the read-option.

CK ran 4 reads in the first half and gained 23 yards.

He then torched the adjusted D on the read in the second half on read option.

Fritz
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Way to respond with your typical butt licking retorts.:wave:

Fugg off.

Zool
06-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Fugg off.

You can say fuck. It's fucking OK.

George Cumby
06-04-2013, 02:33 PM
How much wom would a wombat bat if a wombat could bat wom?

RashanGary
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
How much wom would a wombat bat if a wombat could bat wom?

if a wombat could bat, could bat wom, how much wom would a wombat bat?

mraynrand
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM

yours is the superior intellect

Zool
06-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Wait till he gets going

http://www.davidlouisedelman.com/wp-content/uploads/princess-bride.jpg

MadtownPacker
06-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Fuck, did RB eat some bad pineapple again? Or did he just run out of the Mauiwowie? :lol:

Patler
06-04-2013, 03:37 PM
How -- getting bigger physical players?

In the 7th round at WR, maybe, Not anywhere else in the draft, with the smallest O-lineman on the roster, including one smaller than any OL drafted by GB in a couple years, a smallish running back, a DE lighter than Wilson and Neal, a couple linebackers about the size of Hawk and a CB smaller than House, not to mention the first two picks with injury histories in spite of a supposed team mandate to avoid anyone with an injury history (although that might not have been McGinn's call, even though I think he endorsed it a couple times).

Anyone who looks at the 2013 draft as anything different in the "bigger physical players" category is dreaming, in my opinion.

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Fugg off.

Is that all you got?

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the compliment!:bump::bump:

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Fuck, did RB eat some bad pineapple again? Or did he just run out of the Mauiwowie? :lol:

Nah braddah its the vog.:no:

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
In the 7th round at WR, maybe, Not anywhere else in the draft, with the smallest O-lineman on the roster, including one smaller than any OL drafted by GB in a couple years, a smallish running back, a DE lighter than Wilson and Neal, a couple linebackers about the size of Hawk and a CB smaller than House, not to mention the first two picks with injury histories in spite of a supposed team mandate to avoid anyone with an injury history (although that might not have been McGinn's call, even though I think he endorsed it a couple times).

Anyone who looks at the 2013 draft as anything different in the "bigger physical players" category is dreaming, in my opinion.

Explain your stuff to McGinn. Would you like his e-mail?

No one is a finished product when drafted. The draft picks have the frame to bulk-up.

Anyone who does not think Jones, Lacy, Barrington, etc. do not add toughness to the team is dreaming in my opinion.

Joemailman
06-04-2013, 04:10 PM
A very nice and detailed breakdown (with clips of the game) on how Kaepernick shredded the Packers D.

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2013/06/04/colin-kaepernick-revisiting-the-packers-defensive-debacle/

Can't wait to watch that stuff. I'll get right to it after I watch a replay of 4th and 26 and a replay of Favre's OT INT against the Giants.

RashanGary
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
I watch so many good posters come here with new ideas and people eventually start to see what they were saying. . . It's kind of cool to see someone out on the fore-front of an idea and then see it through.

And then there's rb. It's like watching a train wreck :) :)

In case you're missing the train wreck, rb, it's you. Nobody respects you. Give it up.

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I watch so many good posters come here with new ideas and people eventually start to see what they were saying. . . It's kind of cool to see someone out on the fore-front of an idea and then see it through.

And then there's rb. It's like watching a train wreck :) :)

In case you're missing the train wreck, rb, it's you. Nobody respects you. Give it up.

Who cares what you say?

I continue to post and read your TRASH:jig:

RashanGary
06-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Who cares what you say?

I continue to post and read your TRASH:jig:

Compare reputation bars. You're a loser, rb. Most people recognize what an idiot they are long before they get to where you are now. People respond to you because you invite conflict. I would be embarrassed.

If it makes you feel better, yeah, I would like to punch you in the face. I'm sure that fuels your little idiot fire, but whatever, it is what it is.

pittstang5
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Compare reputation bars. You're a loser, rb. Most people recognize what an idiot they are long before they get to where you are now. People respond to you because you invite conflict. I would be embarrassed.

If it makes you feel better, yeah, I would like to punch you in the face. I'm sure that fuels your little idiot fire, but whatever, it is what it is.

I know this brings nothing to the table of this topic, but I gotta vent. I think this whole reputation bar is a complete joke. I think I've brought up some interesting comments, posted some good ideas here and there over the years I've been here and my rep. blows, because some A-hole gave me a couple neg. reps for, IMO no legitimate reason. I guess if you don't have the right name and you don't have Tits - you don't get rep. points.

mraynrand
06-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I know this brings nothing to the table of this topic, but I gotta vent. I think this whole reputation bar is a complete joke. I think I've brought up some interesting comments, posted some good ideas here and there over the years I've been here and my rep. blows, because some A-hole gave me a couple neg. reps for, IMO no legitimate reason. I guess if you don't have the right name and you don't have Tits - you don't get rep. points.

good post. repped.

mraynrand
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the compliment!:bump::bump:

Any time, Ahab

MadtownPacker
06-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Explain your stuff to McGinn. Would you like his e-mail?
Let's cut this BS already. We are here to discuss amongst ourselves. I'm tired of this shit where no one can differ from your opinion or have others agree with theirs. You have a right to yours as well but you take it to a personal level that goes beyond the regular shit talk/banter that goes on here. If you are going to continually try to derail threads I am going to just shut your down for good because I don't care enough to hassle with you. Not the way it has to be though. No one is saying dont argue or fight but dammit at least be reasonable.

MadtownPacker
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I know this brings nothing to the table of this topic, but I gotta vent. I think this whole reputation bar is a complete joke. I think I've brought up some interesting comments, posted some good ideas here and there over the years I've been here and my rep. blows, because some A-hole gave me a couple neg. reps for, IMO no legitimate reason. I guess if you don't have the right name and you don't have Tits - you don't get rep. points.Sir you got it all twisted up. None of these aholes got all that rep on their own. I have ran special threads that ask for some stupid thing (insult Harlan Huckleby) to give out rep based on membership years/post count so that it can be taken from or added to. Those with the bars like this http://packerrats.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png have mostly been gifted to them. Those with bars like this http://packerrats.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png have received all of those from others repping their post. I don't see a problem with giving long time or frequent posters like yourself the bonus rep. All for fun. In fact.....

Smidgeon
06-04-2013, 09:23 PM

good post. repped.

I repped too. Just because.

mraynrand
06-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Sir you got it all twisted up. None of these aholes got all that rep on their own. .

Bullcrap. I got my rep points the Raji way - I earned them. And that should be the ONLY way. none of this grade inflation crap.

MadtownPacker
06-04-2013, 11:12 PM
You did earn much more than half no doubt. Your rep rating is 1105 but a bonus was given out at various times to long time posters. This was not long after the rep system was turned on. Yeah I know you didnt ask for it but you got it as did many others and it WAS earned over previous years of posting and post counts.

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 11:51 PM

Again -- A Legend In Your Mind:alc:

Who do you think you are?

rbaloha1
06-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Dude I would kick your ass anytime you piece of shit!

George Cumby
06-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Fer fuck's sake.

Seriously, where is the Aloha, Brah?

smuggler
06-05-2013, 04:42 AM
rbalohand has given McGinn more lip service than I think we care to acknowledge because it's damn awkward. Shut up about McGinn every damn time anyone posts anything that McGinn has a fucking opinion about, aloha.

Bossman641
06-05-2013, 06:38 AM

Don't Worry Be Happy

Pugger
06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
The smart thing would be is to not respond to rbaloha1. It isn't worth the bother. We can disagree but we don't have to be that disagreeable.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
rbalohand has given McGinn more lip service than I think we care to acknowledge because it's damn awkward. Shut up about McGinn every damn time anyone posts anything that McGinn has a fucking opinion about, aloha.

You need to shut up.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Don't Worry Be Happy

I am happy to kick that pos anytime:clap:

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Fer fuck's sake.

Seriously, where is the Aloha, Brah?

Give Aloha Braddah. Haoles are persecuted daily in the sandwich isles.

Patler
06-05-2013, 09:32 AM
No one is a finished product when drafted. The draft picks have the frame to bulk-up.

Anyone who does not think Jones, Lacy, Barrington, etc. do not add toughness to the team is dreaming in my opinion.

Of course no one is a finished product when drafted, in any year. But the fact is, Baktiarri and Tretter are on the smaller side in comparison to previous picks when those guys were drafted. Neither will ever approach the physical size of Bulaga, Sherrod or Datko at tackle, probably not that of Newhouse either; and likely not that of Sitton or Lang at guard.

As for physical play, every year there are some who are noted for that. I even started a thread about it a few years ago. Scouting reports often highlight the aggression of some of TT's picks, but we then don't see it as much in GB, probably due to scheme on both sides of the ball. As I recall, Coston, Poppinga, Spitz, Moll, Jolly, Blackmon, Hodge, James Jones, Lang, Lee, Matthews, DJ Smith, Daniels, McMillan and others were all said to have an edginess to their games, or a physical, relentless style of play.

As players advance in levels of play, physical, athletic and/or awareness limitations sometimes prevent them from maintaining a physical, aggressive style they had at previous levels. It remains to be seen how the 2013 picks will pan out.

Lacy is a different type of back than GB has had for a while, so I agree that will be a change. Not sure that any of the others are all that much different from various picks in previous drafts.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Of course no one is a finished product when drafted, in any year. But the fact is, Baktiarri and Tretter are on the smaller side in comparison to previous picks when those guys were drafted. Neither will ever approach the physical size of Bulaga, Sherrod or Datko at tackle, probably not that of Newhouse either; and likely not that of Sitton or Lang at guard.

As for physical play, every year there are some who are noted for that. I even started a thread about it a few years ago. Scouting reports often highlight the aggression of some of TT's picks, but we then don't see it as much in GB, probably due to scheme on both sides of the ball. As I recall, Coston, Poppinga, Spitz, Moll, Jolly, Blackmon, Hodge, James Jones, Lang, Lee, Matthews, DJ Smith, Daniels, McMillan and others were all said to have an edginess to their games, or a physical, relentless style of play.

As players advance in levels of play, physical, athletic and/or awareness limitations sometimes prevent them from maintaining a physical, aggressive style they had at previous levels. It remains to be seen how the 2013 picks will pan out.

Lacy is a different type of back than GB has had for a while, so I agree that will be a change. Not sure that any of the others are all that much different from various picks in previous drafts.

Somewhat fair assessment.

You can not say that the recently drafted linemen are not going to get to the size of the current o-linemen. Both players have put on sizeable weight since entering college.

Yes, the Packers are drafting tough/aggressive players but it needs to emphasized. An emphasis on fumbling requires controlled aggression helps in an area the Packers are lacking. Added personnel like Jones, Jolly, Perry also helps.

Patler
06-05-2013, 10:04 AM
You can not say that the recently drafted linemen are not going to get to the size of the current o-linemen. Both players have put on sizeable weight since entering college.

Sure I can, because many of those previous players did the same, and likely have continued to bulk up as pros, too. The new guys have to bulk up just to catch up to what the others were when drafted, let alone keep up with what they have become since.

It's pretty easy to say they won't catch Bulaga, Sherrod or Datko. These are huge men, taller and broader, about whom many have said can add considerable weight to what they were when drafted. I have read about each that they can easily carry 330#s or more. I doubt either of the new guys have the frames for that kind of mass.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Sure I can, because many of those previous players did the same, and likely have continued to bulk up as pros, too. The new guys have to bulk up just to catch up to what the others were when drafted, let alone keep up with what they have become since.

It's pretty easy to say they won't catch Bulaga, Sherrod or Datko. These are huge men, taller and broader, about whom many have said can add considerable weight to what they were when drafted. I have read about each that they can easily carry 330#s or more. I doubt either of the new guys have the frames for that kind of mass.

Impossible to determine unless you have a crystal ball.

Patler
06-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Impossible to determine unless you have a crystal ball.

Mine is still pretty clear. Just need to brush the dust off every now and then. It tells me that neither of the two draft picks this year will get as big as Datko, Bulaga or Sherrod during their playing days. Retirement is a whole different issue.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Mine is still pretty clear. Just need to brush the dust off every now and then. It tells me that neither of the two draft picks this year will get as big as Datko, Bulaga or Sherrod during their playing days. Retirement is a whole different issue.

What other stuff is your crystal ball telling you? Did it say Worthy would drop to 270lbs.? Is Tretter going to lose weight during rehab?

With lacy the power running game should become a bigger part of the offense. This requires bigger linemen. Persian guy has already mentioned some weight gain and trains with Clay. Expect Persian guy to weigh 310+ soon.

3irty1
06-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Wow this thread got kinda dark.

Patler
06-05-2013, 10:51 AM
What other stuff is your crystal ball telling you? Did it say Worthy would drop to 270lbs.? Is Tretter going to lose weight during rehab?

With lacy the power running game should become a bigger part of the offense. This requires bigger linemen. Persian guy has already mentioned some weight gain and trains with Clay. Expect Persian guy to weigh 310+ soon.

It tells me that Rodgers will not throw for 6,000 yards. Things like that. All similar to the liklihood of Bakhtiarri and Tretter getting as big as Bulaga, Sherrod and Datko.

Bakhtiarri's gains will be a lot like Wells' were. Roster-wise he became nearly as big as others, but if you ever saw him standing with them, it wasn't even close.

You sure are fascinated with him being in the same gym with Matthews, aren't you? Do you expect he will gain mass by osmosis through contact with Matthews sweat, or something?

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 11:12 AM
It tells me that Rodgers will not throw for 6,000 yards. Things like that. All similar to the liklihood of Bakhtiarri and Tretter getting as big as Bulaga, Sherrod and Datko.

Bakhtiarri's gains will be a lot like Wells' were. Roster-wise he became nearly as big as others, but if you ever saw him standing with them, it wasn't even close.

You sure are fascinated with him being in the same gym with Matthews, aren't you? Do you expect he will gain mass by osmosis through contact with Matthews sweat, or something?

Its called performing the proper lifts to gain good weight as well as motivation. Maybe legal or illegal drugs are used to help with good extra weight.

Osmosis and sweat is for you.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Wow this thread got kinda dark.

The lights are already off just like your brain.

swede
06-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Easy pal, you are de-evolving in front of our eyes, perhaps due to contact with Aloha's rhetorical style.

I mean, I like it when you get snarky, but always be Patler brah.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2013, 11:40 AM
The lights are already off just like your brain.
Maybe you think Patler has given you reason to act like shit but 3irty1 hasn't said shit to you. This is your final warning, chill out or kiss this place goodbye.

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 11:43 AM
aloha, if you get kicked off, you'll regret it. You've been here a long time and it's nice to be able to talk to people about football you've known for as many years as you know the people here.

Make an appointment with a mental health professional. Something is wrong.

Guiness
06-05-2013, 12:42 PM
aloha, if you get kicked off, you'll regret it. You've been here a long time and it's nice to be able to talk to people about football you've known for as many years as you know the people here.

Damn funny, and probably damn accurate too, but that is still some serious baiting to be putting in a public forum.

mraynrand
06-05-2013, 12:49 PM

FIFY

mraynrand
06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe you think Patler has given you reason to act like shit but 3irty1 hasn't said shit to you. This is your final warning, chill out or kiss this place goodbye.

It's not necessary, really. Can people just ignore when they start to bother each other? I feel like I'm watching my kids rip each other apart. Geezopete!

Pugger
06-05-2013, 01:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with serious and lively debate. The problem here is if someone disagrees with him he resorts to name calling. Very juvenile if you ask me. I'm rather surprised he hasn't had a time out yet - to my knowledge.

Patler
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Its called performing the proper lifts to gain good weight as well as motivation. Maybe legal or illegal drugs are used to help with good extra weight.

Interesting that you mention that, in view of the rumors around Matthews and his LB team mates when they were drafted.

I suspect there are a lot of trainers out there just as qualified as Matthews' entourage.

Cheesehead Craig
06-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Interesting that you mention that, in view of the rumors around Matthews and his LB team mates when they were drafted.

I suspect there are a lot of trainers out there just as qualified as Matthews' entourage.

I remember there was such a big deal about how much heavier and bigger he got in college. I grew almost 3 inches taller and gained 30 lbs and wasn't a part of major college weight program. I thought those reports about him were way overblown with illegal substance claims.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Please do not project your mental health issues on me.

Mahalo.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 01:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with serious and lively debate. The problem here is if someone disagrees with him he resorts to name calling. Very juvenile if you ask me. I'm rather surprised he hasn't had a time out yet - to my knowledge.

Please also examine others before passing judgement

Mahalo.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Easy pal, you are de-evolving in front of our eyes, perhaps due to contact with Aloha's rhetorical style.

I mean, I like it when you get snarky, but always be Patler brah.

Please that person is not a role model brah.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I wonder if Matthews is with the same people.

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Please get rid of this guy, mad. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Wist brings strong opinions and a strong personality. This guy brings nothing.

Zool
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Please get rid of this guy, mad. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Wist brings strong opinions and a strong personality. This guy brings nothing.

Let Mad worry about it. Just ignore him.

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
edit:

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Let Mad worry about it. Just ignore him.

Alright. I suppose it is a waste of energy.

Guiness
06-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Let me draw your attention elsewhere - I want chapter 2 of your life as a womanizing single man, it read like Penthouse letter! :wow:

There was one post that left us all open mouthed, but it was just a teaser and no more was forthcoming :-(

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM

I suppose

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 02:28 PM

HGH is not tested.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 02:35 PM
OK, Packer fan self-flagellation Part 2: The Read Option

99 of Colin Kaepernick's 181 yards rushing were from read option plays. 3 of the read option plays (giving us 7 overall) came in the 2nd half for 77 yards. 56 of that came on one play and yielded a TD.

Play 1 is an option on Raji. Packers in Eagle Oakie with Pick on Nose and Wilson at RDE. TWill is pressing someone and everyone else is eyes forward some kinda single high as one safety has come down a little bit to watch the slot on the D's left. The Guard bypasses Raji to block backside on Jones at ILB. Raji must choose Gore/Kaepernick and he chooses Gore and ties him up. Now you would love to see Raji take Gore and throw him into Row 31 (or into Kap), but remember Raji thinks Gore might have the ball and he needs to tackle first, not shed. CK has the ball but Raji staying home has closed the interior hole. Hawk sheds a terrible block by their full back full credit to Hawk here. On second thought, the FB was trying to make a seal block (there is a different name for this in this offense but it escapes me). Since the play heads back to the D right, this block is useless. Raji earned his pay here.

Hawk and Raji keep CK from choosing the off tackle run to the right. Walden has been walled off defending this play and you would like him to squeeze it more, but his body is ready to shed and pursue wide if need be. The only problem with Raji and Hawk is that they are stacked in essentially the same gap. Its not ideal for what happens next. Pick has squeezed the nose left but that has opened a hole behind him especially when he gets turned away from square to LOS. Jones needs to shed a block (and does) but Wilson never gets disengaged from the LT. He doesn't lose ground, just never gets away, hands are terrible here. With Pick having moved, CK has room over the Guard hole to run and does. Jones has not filled fast, but gets around his blocker with a nicely timed jump and put CK on the ground for a 3-4 yard gain. Not pretty, but effective. CK isn't going to run over anybody on the inside.

Worrisome bit, Shields is guarding air. He sets up behind linebackers basically guarding the slot. He avoids the frightening sight of Iupati headed his way and avoids a block, getting into reasonable 2nd and a half level run support position.

Holy crap that took some time. More later.

run pMc
06-05-2013, 02:46 PM
What were we talking about again? Kaepernick?

Lesson from these plays? Get fast, more athletic AND longer. And notice on film 4 of these runs were to his left, a side most right handed QBs don't favor. 2 were up the middle.

Well, getting Perry back and subbing Datone Jones in will help. If the light goes on for McMillian he could make a difference. No idea if Bishop will be 100% or if Jones will be better in Year 2 at ILB. There's also that Manning kid. GB is expecting a lot of the young players to make a jump...if a few do the defense will be better.

On the flipside, Kaepernick doesn't have Crabtree to throw to, and I'm expecting the SF coaches to be careful with him running -- he'll be taking some hellacious hits over 16+ games otherwise. I think he'll still be a very good QB, but I don't think he's going to catch DC's as off-guard with an off-season to prepare. Same thing applies with Russell Wilson, although he has Harvin now. There are the rumblings about RGIII running so much.

I think the read-option and scrambling stuff is for real, but I think GM's and DC's will adapt their rosters and schemes.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Does everyone remember the Bears game in 2010 where Walden looked dominant in pass rush but he still let run plays get around him as he got sucked into pursuit?

That was still a problem in 2012.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 02:50 PM
That's a real distraction Justin.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2013, 02:55 PM
It's not necessary, really. Can people just ignore when they start to bother each other? I feel like I'm watching my kids rip each other apart. Geezopete!
Agreed and as you see the banning stick doesnt get used that often but read the rest of this thread. Can't ignore the opinions of other posters. The shit RB doesn't even bother to respond to my plea. Reality is I should just delete his ass and move on. But that's not how we try to do it here.

Maybe we all just don't respond and he will start acting right?

bobblehead
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Does everyone remember the Bears game in 2010 where Walden looked dominant in pass rush but he still let run plays get around him as he got sucked into pursuit?

Yep, my gripe and why TT let him walk. Walden was like a 5 year old that needs to learn the same lesson over and over....and then you aren't sure when he will "forget" again.

bobblehead
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Agreed and as you see the banning stick doesnt get used that often but read the rest of this thread. Can't ignore the opinions of other posters. The shit RB doesn't even bother to respond to my plea. Reality is I should just delete his ass and move on. But that's not how we try to do it here.

Maybe we all just don't respond and he will start acting right?

I have tried positive reinforcement. Only respond whn he says something intelligent and polite. My post count is suffering.

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I have tried positive reinforcement. Only respond whn he says something intelligent and polite. My post count is suffering.

Which is rare. LOL:laugh:

Nothing like positive reinforcement. Sounds like ABA stuff.:bow:

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Walden is good against traditional offenses and not so good against quick developing plays.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Yep, my gripe and why TT let him walk. Walden was like a 5 year old that needs to learn the same lesson over and over....and then you aren't sure when he will "forget" again.

To be fair, Matthews did the same thing on a play later, cheated to the RB rather than stick with the QB when he had not seen the ball.

But Walden was guilty WAY too often of this and it didn't take an option attach to confuse him.

George Cumby
06-05-2013, 11:59 PM
In the 70's I had such a crush on Phyllis. She so fine she blow my mind.

mraynrand
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
In the 70's I had such a crush on Phyllis. She so fine she blow my mind.

I bet you did

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/08/20/en_0820_whitaker_480x360.jpg

ThunderDan
06-06-2013, 09:09 AM
To be fair, Matthews did the same thing on a play later, cheated to the RB rather than stick with the QB when he had not seen the ball.

But Walden was guilty WAY too often of this and it didn't take an option attach to confuse him.

Poppinga was the king of losing contain for the Pack. I remember one game at Lambeau where he lost contain 3 times. Luckily Nick Collins stopped them for 7-15 yard gains instead of letting them get to the house.

run pMc
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
That's a real distraction Justin.

+1 (assuming you're talking about the avatar)

pbmax
06-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Read Option Play 2: Wist alert, is the dreaded 2-4 front and dime personnel. This one is going to be tough as this is what the 49ers are designed to do. Its 3rd and two and they bring in 3 WRs (I don't think VD is in there) and 2 RBs. Capers is matching dime on the WRs and the 49ers then make the call for a run. You might have to matchup here on the 2 backs instead because this leaves you with Morgan Burnett in the 2nd LB role rather than Hawk.

Single safety high, man underneath, Woodson is sitting over the slot, but 49er Slot Dude has Hayward in his lap so Wood is providing run support as well as checking the back out of the backfield. 49ers in Pistol with FB on Kap's left. Somewhere, 30 yards downfield apparently is MD Jennings.

No double team against the 2-4. Playside tackle goes after Jones as only ILB. The option is on Walden but its unclear who has contain here by the way the play unfolds. A safety (Wood or Burnett) are playing run support depth (Burnett is in Hawk's spot, Wood is a yard deeper but outside tackle box)

By the way he plays it, Walden has the dive and he grabs Gore. But Burnett also runs up to Gore. This superb execution results in a glorious state of NON CONTAIN. Not only is CK unmolested to the outside, his blocker Delanie Walker only has to give a cursory shove to Burnett with his left hand and they are both off to the races.

By alignment and width, I would say Burnett and Raji and the dive but Raji gets good and well blocked by the Guard Alex Boone. It might have contributed to a big play had they given it to the dive back but we will never know because the outside was wide open.

I think Walden has to maintain contain here like a DE with no help to his outside. The Packers did scrape this exchange when both ILBs were in, but I am not sure they would do that with Burnett and he never moves to the outside.

MD Jennings doesn't enter the picture until Kap has gained 7 yards and he takes an angle to run away from Walker, not force Kap. Horrible. Tramontana realizes its a run when the WR reaches out to block him but doesn't get off the block until Kap is headed OOB.

Kap gains 13 yards.

Iron Mike
06-09-2013, 01:43 PM

Repped. Now, stop bitchin'

George Cumby
06-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I bet you did

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/08/20/en_0820_whitaker_480x360.jpg

Don't tell me you wouldn't tag that.

mraynrand
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Don't tell me you wouldn't tag that.

Maybe if I was Jim Fowler on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. But I'd probably also break off a tooth to see how old she was - don't worry, it won't hurt a bit!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4713530097010480&pid=15.1

George Cumby
06-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Back in the 80's I worked with big Jim's niece for a summer. She was this 6' 1" blonde amazon. I was suitably intimidated and spent many sleepless nights fantasizing about her live-trapping me, taking measurements and collecting "samples" from me.