PDA

View Full Version : June 1 tender rights not exercised

Guiness
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
PFT has an article about a CBA provision I didn't know existed. If a free agent has not signed by June 1, his last team can tender him at 110% of his previous year's contract. No team did that this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/teams-pass-on-chance-to-squat-on-160-ufas/

Some big name players there, I assume most either out of gas or coming off big contracts. Former Madden cover boy Peyton Hillis is there - he should get our thanks for keeping Rodgers off it after his SB MVP!

Cardinals defensive end Vonnie Holliday, Falcons defensive back Chris Hope, Ravens nose tackle Ma’ake Kemoeatu, Bills defensive tackle Spencer Johnson, Panthers linebacker Antwan Applewhite, Bears defensive end Isreal Idonije, Bengals cornerback Nate Clements, Browns cornerback Sheldon Brown, Cowboys guard Derrick Dockery, Broncos receiver Brandon Stokley and linebacker Keith Brooking, Lions kicker Jason Hanson and running back Kevin Smith, Packers running backs Cedric Benson and Ryan Grant, Texans nose tackle Shaun Cody, Colts tackle Winston Justice and receiver Austin Collie, Jaguars linebacker Daryl Smith and cornerback Rashean Mathis, Chiefs safety Abram Elam and running back Peyton Hillis, Vikings receiver Devin Aromashodu, Patriots receiver Donte’ Stallworth, Saints defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis and receiver Devery Henderon, Giants defensive tackle Rocky Bernard, Jets receiver Braylon Edwards and guard Brandon “Butt Fumble” Moore, Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour, Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch, nose tackle Casey Hampton, and center Doug Legursky, Chargers running back Jackie Battle, 49ers receiver Randy Moss and guard Leonard Davis, Seahawks linebacker LeRoy Hill, Buccaneers tight end Dallas Clark, Titans running back Javon Ringer, and Redskins safety Madieu Williams and tackle Jammal Brown.

Guiness
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Shaun Cody is on that list. Dude broke ribs and punctured a lung last season, I wonder if he'll play again.

Patler
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Vonnie Holiday, didn't he play when they wore leather helmets and had to play both O and D?

pbmax
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Could Vonnie Holiday still play? Was not a good day in hindsight when he walked and Hunt signed.

Patler
06-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Could Vonnie Holiday still play? Was not a good day in hindsight when he walked and Hunt signed.

Made even worse because Holiday really wanted to stay in GB. He still says so.

Guiness
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Made even worse because Holiday really wanted to stay in GB. He still says so.

Definitely a horrible decision, exacerbated by Holliday continuing to play for 10 years after leaving. Was never sure why the Pack let him get away, did Hunt flash that much for a couple of years?

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Definitely a horrible decision, exacerbated by Holliday continuing to play for 10 years after leaving. Was never sure why the Pack let him get away, did Hunt flash that much for a couple of years?

I liked hunt better, thought he was a more explosive, nastier player. TT really looks at how trust worthy a player is though. I doubt he would have made that call if he were GM.

smuggler
06-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Hunt really hurt. Holliday was never spectacular, but he did play hard and was professional.

pbmax
06-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Except for one season, Hunt was all promise and potential. Holliday was at least consistent and sound.

I am not clairvoyant, I am sure I thought Hunt was a better value/talent at the time. But it didn't take long to be proven wrong.

Guiness
06-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Except for one season, Hunt was all promise and potential. Holliday was at least consistent and sound.

I am not clairvoyant, I am sure I thought Hunt was a better value/talent at the time. But it didn't take long to be proven wrong.

My recollection is that he never really showed up for work after he got the $6million signing bonus.

Fritz
06-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Classic case of the difficulty GM's face in assessing risk and reward. The team obviously thought Hunt had it in him to develop and maintain the mad skills he clearly showed from time to time.

But he liked his easy chair and marijuana better than he liked playing football.

mraynrand
06-06-2013, 08:05 AM
BRING BLACK VONNIE!!!

Pugger
06-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Which Hunt are we talking about? Cletius? :shock:

rbaloha1
06-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Classic case of the difficulty GM's face in assessing risk and reward. The team obviously thought Hunt had it in him to develop and maintain the mad skills he clearly showed from time to time.

But he liked his easy chair and marijuana better than he liked playing football.

2 words -- Mike Sherman.