PDA

View Full Version : Jennings taking shots at AR?

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209710/article/its-greg-jennings-vs-the-green-bay-packers-verbally

Probably joking, but still, the traitor speaks. His sister did have some real negative jabs at AR. Jennings my be speaking his mind, hiding behind a joke here. Reminds me of some of the smack TO talked after he left Philly.

woodbuck27
06-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Ohh Boy.

I've had a hunch ever since I read something before Greg Jennings departed Green Bay. That things weren't right between him and Aaron Rodgers.

This is really 'just' some simple gamesmanship. The real showdown will come when Green Bay plays the Vikings this season. There I'll bet on Aaron Rodgers to James Jones.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
06-05-2013, 08:54 PM
If Greg thinks things will improve with Ponder throwing him the ball all I can say is good luck with that. :lol:

rbaloha1
06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Waiting for Woodson's shots against Capers.

RashanGary
06-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Ohh Boy.

I've had a hunch ever since I read something before Greg Jennings departed Green Bay. That things weren't right between him and Aaron Rodgers.

This is really 'just' some simple gamesmanship. The real showdown will come when Green Bay plays the Vikings this season. There I'll bet on Aaron Rodgers to James Jones.

GO PACKERS !

Those comments by his sister were telling. She doesnt wake up in the morning suddenly believing ar is overrated. That comes from big brother.

Im sure GJ said it with a smile, but I also think he's a little bitter and he meant it. The vikings like the banter too. hopefully it keeps up. will make for another couple grudge matches.

The vikes hate gb just because gb owns the nfcn. They take our players, helps make us hate them more. We're big brother. They're little brother. iIt wont matter.

Tony Oday
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Ah Jennings...GFY

Mazzin
06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Don't put much into this, due to the fact it has no bearing on the GAMES.

George Cumby
06-06-2013, 12:04 AM
SMH.

The guy they have now versus the guy you have now.

Have fun with that

RashanGary
06-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Don't put much into this, due to the fact it has no bearing on the GAMES.

I don't know, 'mazzin. AR and GJ are guys driven on slight. GJ never forgot Michigan. AR never forgets anything. I have a feeling both guys will want to play well in that one. For some reason, I think GJ thought he was something special and the Packers couldn't do without him. AR, obviously doesn't back down from a challenge and will be looking to show Greg he's just fine without him.

I do think GJ being in Minnesota, being bitter, talking a little favre-smack to AR matters. I'm looking forward to it more now than I was before, I know that.

pittstang5
06-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Definitely going to be interesting to watch those games. In the past, watching Jennings, I've said, "How the hell did he get that open" or "How the hell did he catch that" and then "Thank God he plays for us."

I don't know what happened behind closed doors between GJ and the Packers in regards to contract talks, etc. But it seems Jennings feels slighted and is going to use that as motivation, especially when playing the Packers. Guys like that can be dangerous.

Fritz
06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
But in the end it's a game, right? They can all feel slighted, and for gazillionaires gifted with amazing athletic abilities, it's crazy how slighted so many seem to feel so often.

That can help when you really want to stop training for the day - it can push you to train harder, but on game day, it's a game and everybody's going at it pretty hard. So I don't know. And maybe they're all just messing with each other for fun.

Pugger
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't know, 'mazzin. AR and GJ are guys driven on slight. GJ never forgot Michigan. AR never forgets anything. I have a feeling both guys will want to play well in that one. For some reason, I think GJ thought he was something special and the Packers couldn't do without him. AR, obviously doesn't back down from a challenge and will be looking to show Greg he's just fine without him.

I do think GJ being in Minnesota, being bitter, talking a little favre-smack to AR matters. I'm looking forward to it more now than I was before, I know that.

GJ should know better than to slight AR even in jest seeing his new defensive teammates have to face Rodgers twice a year.

ThunderDan
06-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Waiting for Woodson's shots against Capers.

Woodson will never take a shot at Capers or the GB Packers. He is a true professional.

rbaloha1
06-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Woodson will never take a shot at Capers or the GB Packers. He is a true professional.

Just wait. Last season took subtle shots at Capers. Questiion needs to be asked since Woodson most likely does not bring it up unprompted.

Green Bud Packer
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
GJ definitly improves queens receiving corp but with C-ra-Ponder throwing the ball it don't matter

MadScientist
06-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Just a tit-for-tat jab - GJ referred to AR as 'that guy' after AR said 'who?' to a question about GJ. Maybe it adds a slight bit of spice to the rivalry, which is always good for football.

pbmax
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Jones is also joking that he doesn't like Jennings anymore. Its just playtime for these guys.

MadtownPacker
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah this is all good. If they where all still buddy buddy we would be pissed.

Freak Out
06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
If the Packers can't stop Purple Jesus and Ponder can play action to Jennings things could get ugly. Unless of course both are hurt. :)

mission
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Jennings is a punk bitch.

mmmdk
06-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Jennings is a punk bitch.

The spawn of a religious minister; Jennings demeanor comes with the territory of craziness!

Brandon494
06-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Sensitive packer fans, funny thing is Aaron Rodgers actually started it. Don't take life too seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway. :smile:

MadtownPacker
06-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Why are you spelling Packer lower case you knee grow? Hell I am glad Rodgers started it if he did. This kind of shit is fun!

Fritz
06-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Wait 'til Rodgers calls Jennings a Negro. Then the fun will really start.

gbgary
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
If Greg thinks things will improve with Ponder throwing him the ball all I can say is good luck with that. :lol:

and with peterson going for 5000 yds. jennings will be on no one's fantasy team.

RashanGary
06-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Wait 'til Rodgers calls Jennings a Negro. Then the fun will really start.

That was out of left field LMFAO. . . .

Smeefers
06-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I think there's something to Jennings feeling a little put out by GB. I mean, Justin and I talked about GJ having a possible HOF career if his stats kept going where they were. In the last five years, he's had to be a top guy in +20 plays, TD's, yards, Yac and on and on. The problem is that there's Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and then there's everyone else. With the pack going to WR by committee, GJ is of course going to want to get out because he's a legit #1 and wants top #1 $. No one is going to get that here as long as we have Rodgers. Do you know who pays WR's a ton of money? Teams with shitty QB's.

Brandon494
06-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Why are you spelling Packer lower case you knee grow? Hell I am glad Rodgers started it if he did. This kind of shit is fun!

My bad, I post a lot from my Iphone ese. :smk:

pbmax
06-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I do think Jennings is smart and self-interested enough to both play with the "who?" theme for laughs and have some hurt feeling about being replaced by Cobb and not targeted as often after he got hurt in 2011.

Bossman641
06-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Think you all are reading too much into this. Rodgers made a joke at Jennings' expense, Jones continued it. But just in case I'm wrong, fuck Jennings.

mraynrand
06-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Do you know who pays WR's a ton of money? Teams with shitty QB's.

that's a keeper

Joemailman
06-07-2013, 08:27 AM
If Rodgers says something bad about Old Spice, you'll know there's bad blood between them.

rbaloha1
06-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Much to do about Nothing.

Upnorth
06-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I think there's something to Jennings feeling a little put out by GB. I mean, Justin and I talked about GJ having a possible HOF career if his stats kept going where they were. In the last five years, he's had to be a top guy in +20 plays, TD's, yards, Yac and on and on. The problem is that there's Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and then there's everyone else. With the pack going to WR by committee, GJ is of course going to want to get out because he's a legit #1 and wants top #1 $. No one is going to get that here as long as we have Rodgers. Do you know who pays WR's a ton of money? Teams with shitty QB's.

Borderline HOF??? He was good and consistent but he also had two HOF qb's (well one for sure and one probable) throwing to him. I must have missed that debate, and to me it seems that WR's have a massive uphill battle these days.

mraynrand
06-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Much to do about Nothing.

To do or to not do, that's what's up, bro http://80.img.v4.skyrock.net/8880/72778880/pics/photo_72778880_avatar_7.j

RashanGary
06-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Borderline HOF??? He was good and consistent but he also had two HOF qb's (well one for sure and one probable) throwing to him. I must have missed that debate, and to me it seems that WR's have a massive uphill battle these days.

We were talking, if the next 5 years of his career kept going the way it looked, he would be in really good position to make a run. He had a great start. He did get injured though, and that sort of fell by the wayside.

I thought he could have lasted a long time with his style of game (being such a great route runner)

swede
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
We were talking, if the next 5 years of his career kept going the way it looked, he would be in really good position to make a run. He had a great start. He did get injured though, and that sort of fell by the wayside.

I thought he could have lasted a long time with his style of game (being such a great route runner)

Except for the late batch of injuries, his game and the trajectory of his career was close to Marvin Harrison's, yes? Or no?

pbmax
06-08-2013, 09:23 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16208/greg-jennings

Football Outsiders had his most similar player to Steve Largent over 2009 and 2010/11. For 2011, he fell to Darrell Jackson. They haven't added 2012 to the mix either because some of this is hidden behind the paywall or they haven't calculated 2012 yet.

Smeefers
06-08-2013, 02:59 PM

There's a lot of HOF WR's who've had HOF QB's throwing to them. I don't believe GJ was made that much better by the guys throwing to him. I still think he's going to produce well in Minnesota.

He had 3 years where he went over a thousand yards, then when we had a ton of WR talent maturing, he dropped under 1k. Then he got hurt. He had 53 touchdowns in 7 seasons. Once again, this was a couple years back when we were talking about him being a possible HOFer and there was no sign that the guy would slow down. What slowed his stats down were guys like Cobb, Nelson and Jones playing so well that they were taking away catches from him. I suppose we'll find out if he's the real deal if he jumps back to the top of the league in yards, TD's and Receptions this year.

Bottom line, the dude is really really good at what he does and he's been that way for a long time. Hell, he could still get to the 11K Yard, 80 TD mark that most HOF WR's hit.

Iron Mike
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
http://ricoandmambo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-Shot-2012-09-26-at-6.26.54-AM.png

QBME
07-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Turns out Mr. Jennings is really a very altruistic guy, and is only looking out for the best interests of the young up and comers. Whaddaguy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9482929/greg-jennings-minnesota-vikings-says-was-leave-green-bay-packers

"I'm not a selfish guy. It's not about me. It's more about giving guys an opportunity to do what they need to do," he said. "I had to remove myself from that situation to allow those guys to spread their wings."

swede
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Turns out Mr. Jennings is really a very altruistic guy, and is only looking out for the best interests of the young up and comers. Whaddaguy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9482929/greg-jennings-minnesota-vikings-says-was-leave-green-bay-packers

"I'm not a selfish guy. It's not about me. It's more about giving guys an opportunity to do what they need to do," he said. "I had to remove myself from that situation to allow those guys to spread their wings."

It worked out well that he has found a decidedly wingless team.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM

I saw the video and Jennings did seem to be a little bitter. Stephen A Smith asked him a question about Rodgers and Jennings basically didn't want to talk up Rodgers. Then Stephen A asked him why it seemed like he didn't have a lot of good things to say about Rodgers and Jennings responded "well he did say Jennings who."

Tony Oday
07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Jennings, the next Antonio Freeman?

Cheesehead Craig
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
He left so that others could have a chance? Laughable. He left for a ton of money to the only team that would pay him that amount. Not faulting him for that at all. Just be honest about it Greg and don't feed us that obvious line of bull.

run pMc
07-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Jennings left for the money and the clear #1 WR status...he belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the HOF. I think he realizes that and went for the money. I can't say I blame him...he's entering the back end of his career, he's chosen an occupation (granted, it's a game) that puts his life/health at risk, and he won't be worth that money in 2 years. That said, if it was a difference of $1M/yr, it's crazy not to go with the better QB.

I think the back-and-forth is actually mostly playful teasing. They were a pretty close group, although I'm sure the contract talks and joining a division rival have changed it a little.

Fritz
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I have not been posting much lately, because I want all you guys to have a chance to shine.

HarveyWallbangers
07-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I have not been posting much lately, because I want all you guys to have a chance to shine.

:lol:

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:10 AM
And I think the Vikings' forum wants me.

pbmax
07-18-2013, 07:12 AM
I just read that he said this magnanimous quote on First Take. So I will give him a little benefit of the doubt for having to deal with Skip and Co.

Patler
07-18-2013, 07:23 AM
And I think the Vikings' forum wants me.

We haven't released you yet! That's tampering!

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:30 AM
"Yet."

That word makes the whole post!

Patler
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
"Yet."

That word makes the whole post!

You know, the time is coming for all of us. This posting thing is a young fans' game.

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:41 AM
I know. I have to work harder every season to keep up.

Upnorth
07-18-2013, 08:20 AM
You guys maybe getting older and losing some of your fast typing skills, but the up and coming rookies need your veteran leadership, for now.

George Cumby
07-18-2013, 08:39 AM
You guys maybe getting older and losing some of your fast typing skills, but the up and coming rookies need your veteran leadership, for now.

I don't know how much some of these old veterans have in the tank, though. Some of them are getting pretty brittle with recurring typist injuries and all.

Cheesehead Craig
07-18-2013, 08:47 AM
I don't know how much some of these old veterans have in the tank, though. Some of them are getting pretty brittle with recurring typist injuries and all.

We should chip in and get them some voice recognition software so they just need to talk and the program will post what they say. Although we do run the risk of Patler or pb going on some Grandpa Simpson-like rant and then falling asleep during their posts. That would make for some interesting reading though.

Patler
07-18-2013, 08:53 AM
We should chip in and get them some voice recognition software so they just need to talk and the program will post what they say. Although we do run the risk of Patler or pb going on some Grandpa Simpson-like rant and then falling asleep during their posts. That would make for some interesting reading though.

:smile::smile: Truth be told,...I've used Dragon Naturally Speaking for 10 years or more on any documents I do, but use it somewhat sporadically on here. (Many of my longer ones have been because I was on Dragon!)

George Cumby
07-18-2013, 09:29 AM
We should chip in and get them some voice recognition software so they just need to talk and the program will post what they say. Although we do run the risk of Patler or pb going on some Woodbuck-like rant and then falling asleep during their posts. That would make for some interesting reading though.

Fixed.

denverYooper
07-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Fixed.

Repped.

Cheesehead Craig
07-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Fixed.

Can't believe I missed that originally.

denverYooper
07-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Fuck Greg Jennings.

Can we start a "Greg the Living Legend thread"? Someone have Mobb's contact info?

pbmax
07-18-2013, 11:14 AM

Not as old as avatar. But perhaps angry enough to be that age.

Cheesehead Craig
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Not as old as avatar. But perhaps angry enough to be that age.

I know, but I just like to think that anyways. You're one of my favorite posters here and always very informative (well, maybe not always) so it's good ripping on you on occasion.

Zool
07-24-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000219775/article/greg-jennings-theres-structure-on-minnesota-vikings

Hey Jennings, it's about time to start shutting the fuck up.

Maxie the Taxi
07-24-2013, 01:36 PM
The Vikequeens are superior at organizing riverboat excursions.

RashanGary
07-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't really know what he was trying to say. More freedom in Minny? Sounds like Finley would like it there. I know Finely always wanted to do his own thing.

pbmax
07-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Maybe the Vikings only practice running plays and draw up pass plays Sundays on the sideline.

RashanGary
07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Maybe the Vikings only practice running plays and draw up pass plays Sundays on the sideline.

LMFAO

pbmax
07-24-2013, 11:47 PM
And on it goes. This is about as detailed as its gotten. Greg thinks Rodgers hears nothing but praise and is not accountable for his own play.

ennings paused and looked around.

“Don’t get me wrong, ‘12’ is a great person. But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it’s hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says ‘Man, come on, you’ve got to hold yourself accountable for this.’ It’s hard for someone to see that now because all they’ve heard is I’m doing it the right way, I’m perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/216845561.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Patler
07-25-2013, 03:27 AM
I have said for a couple years that there was an edge in the relationships between Jennings and Rodgers, and between Jennings and the team. It goes back to the start of 2010, when Finley was Rodgers go to guy, and Jennings had very few balls thrown his way until Finley was injured. Jennings made some comments that were largely overlooked, about it being hard to catch passes when the QB only looks for one guy. Nothing much came of it because Finley got hurt, was done for the season, and Jennings again was the go to guy.

Since then there have been other comments from Jennings that seemed to have a deeper meaning than was evident on the surface, some critical of the team generally, some directed at coaches. Never anything blatant, conveyed with a smile as if in jest, but with a serious edge. Now that he is away from the team, he is not making an effort to be as diplomatic. He will likely become even more frank in his criticisms.

I felt there was an attitude from Jennings that came to the surface in his sister's remarks. I think she was merely parroting an attitude from her brother. Rodgers was holding him back from his true stardom, because Rodgers didn't go to him enough.

There were signs that he saw greener pastures on the other side of the fence, and wanted a fresh start more than a continuation of what he had in GB. I thought his return was unlikely a year and a half ago because of it. I can't criticize him for leaving if he felt that way, even if I disagree with his reasoning.

Maxie the Taxi
07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Speculating what goes on among players in the locker room is always a crap shoot. Nevertheless, I watched a lot of NFL Channel this winter where they mike up players. Jennings was one of the most vocal guys on the sidelines. He interacted with most of the players and was a huge rah-rah guy. It would be very interesting to find out what the other players really thought of Jennings as a teammate. After the Super Bowl win he complimented McCarthy (sincerely, I think), saying that McCarthy showed the team the way to win and provided inspiration.

I've always like Jennings since he was on my draft list. My impression is that the guy was well-liked and is extremely intelligent and a team player. In my opinion, he's a clutch, big play performer who is going to be sorely missed. If Ponder can get him the ball, he's going to be trouble for us.

Patler
07-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Speculating what goes on among players in the locker room is always a crap shoot. Nevertheless, I watched a lot of NFL Channel this winter where they mike up players. Jennings was one of the most vocal guys on the sidelines. He interacted with most of the players and was a huge rah-rah guy. It would be very interesting to find out what the other players really thought of Jennings as a teammate. After the Super Bowl win he complimented McCarthy (sincerely, I think), saying that McCarthy showed the team the way to win and provided inspiration.

I've always like Jennings since he was on my draft list. My impression is that the guy was well-liked and is extremely intelligent and a team player. In my opinion, he's a clutch, big play performer who is going to be sorely missed. If Ponder can get him the ball, he's going to be trouble for us.

I don't disagree with most of that. Jennings WAS a happy camper the 2nd half of 2010. With Finley out, he was the emphasis, they won the SB. etc. But again in 2011, as JN ascended as a target for Rodgers, some of Jennings comments were much like he says in the linked article. It sounds as if he really doesn't want to share the load with 3 or 4 other WRs. He says it is the right thing for the team to do, but then goes on to say that he wants to be in a different situation. He pretty much says that the WRs don't get enough credit, because the load is so divided and most of the credit goes to AR. That seems to rankle him, based on his interview.

RashanGary
07-25-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm completely with Patler here. The signs of him being sort of conceited were coming on slowly. He thought he knew better than the coaches. It is what it is, but you don't want too many guys in the lockerroom who are so willing to fight the system. Might be best he's gone, even though he's a really good talent.

Fritz
07-25-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm completely with Patler here. The signs of him being sort of conceited were coming on slowly. He thought he knew better than the coaches. It is what it is, but you don't want too many guys in the lockerroom who are so willing to fight the system. Might be best he's gone, even though he's a really good talent.

So there's more freedom in Minny?

How's that worked out for them so far?

Sounds like Finley will be heading there next year.

Hey, very few people love that kind of tight structure the Packer organization demands. But it produces winners.

ND72
07-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I haven't read most of this, but seriously Greg Jennings should try shutting up. Fricken cry baby.

packer4life
07-26-2013, 01:33 AM
I have said for a couple years that there was an edge in the relationships between Jennings and Rodgers, and between Jennings and the team. It goes back to the start of 2010, when Finley was Rodgers go to guy, and Jennings had very few balls thrown his way until Finley was injured. Jennings made some comments that were largely overlooked, about it being hard to catch passes when the QB only looks for one guy. Nothing much came of it because Finley got hurt, was done for the season, and Jennings again was the go to guy.

Since then there have been other comments from Jennings that seemed to have a deeper meaning than was evident on the surface, some critical of the team generally, some directed at coaches. Never anything blatant, conveyed with a smile as if in jest, but with a serious edge. Now that he is away from the team, he is not making an effort to be as diplomatic. He will likely become even more frank in his criticisms.

I felt there was an attitude from Jennings that came to the surface in his sister's remarks. I think she was merely parroting an attitude from her brother. Rodgers was holding him back from his true stardom, because Rodgers didn't go to him enough.

There were signs that he saw greener pastures on the other side of the fence, and wanted a fresh start more than a continuation of what he had in GB. I thought his return was unlikely a year and a half ago because of it. I can't criticize him for leaving if he felt that way, even if I disagree with his reasoning.

Good call. Didn't even remember this until you made me remember it. Jennings really needs to shut the fuck up. It's different if he was young, spry, and could back up his talk. The guy has no durability and is past his prime. He tried to "save face" and sign with the Vikings so he could "shine"; he'll look real shiny on the sidelines with his standard, chronic injuries...

Joemailman
07-26-2013, 06:02 AM
At some point this year, it might occur to Jennings that having McCarthy as his coach, and having 2 Hall Of Fame QB's throwing to him wasn't such a bad situation.

Pugger
07-26-2013, 10:02 AM

If he can stay on the field. He's missed a lot of games the past 2 seasons.

I also think he is still stinging from the fact that there weren't a lot of teams besides the queens busting down his door to sign him either.

Pugger
07-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Well, it appears Frasier isn't pleased with his new WR spouting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/79190/greg-jennings-will-get-a-talk-from-frazier

Old School
07-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I always thought Jennings was a class guy. Then things changed. He seemed to start thinking he was all that when he started doing commercials. He became a completely different guy. We'll see how good he is when he's sharing time with AP and catching passes from a second rate QB.

Fritz
07-27-2013, 05:00 PM
It will be interesting to see Tramon Williams covering Jennings. And maybe Burnett coming over to pick off some of Ponder's longer attempts.

Joemailman
07-27-2013, 05:12 PM
It will be interesting to see Tramon Williams covering Jennings. And maybe Burnett coming over to pick off some of Ponder's longer attempts.

I'd rather see Matthews clothesline Jenkins as he comes across comes across the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGjEZIZQIIk

RashanGary
07-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Frazier's had enough. Is Jennings going to whine that some of his freedom just got taken away?

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...enough-already

Joemailman
07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Looks like we have 2 Jennings threads going. Should I bump the Favre thread? :lol:

Pugger
07-28-2013, 08:47 AM
I always thought Jennings was a class guy. Then things changed. He seemed to start thinking he was all that when he started doing commercials. He became a completely different guy. We'll see how good he is when he's sharing time with AP and catching passes from a second rate QB.

We all did but Jennings carefully hid this side of him from the general public. Like I said in the other thread I'm guessing MM got tired of this diva and we didn't vigorously pursue resigning him.

Maxie the Taxi
07-28-2013, 09:15 AM
If MM got rid of every player with a big ego, who would be left on the roster?

Boils down to money, Cobb's presence and persistent injuries with regard to Jennings. If Jennings had a history of staying healthy, he'd still be a Packer. I don't think his skills are in dispute. When he's healthy, he forces defenses to gameplan against him. He makes every receiver better. Big question in Minnesota is if Ponder can get him the ball AND if he can stay healthy.

pbmax
07-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Jones is also joking that he doesn't like Jennings anymore. Its just playtime for these guys.

Wrong again!

Patler
07-28-2013, 12:00 PM
If MM got rid of every player with a big ego, who would be left on the roster?

Boils down to money, Cobb's presence and persistent injuries with regard to Jennings. If Jennings had a history of staying healthy, he'd still be a Packer. I don't think his skills are in dispute. When he's healthy, he forces defenses to gameplan against him. He makes every receiver better. Big question in Minnesota is if Ponder can get him the ball AND if he can stay healthy.

Agreed. If I remember the rumors right, what GB offered last year was as much, or slightly more than what he got from MN, but after another year of injuries for Jennings, the development of Cobb, etc. GB was not willing to offer as much right now.

I think part of Jennings "issues" with the Packers might be frustration that he couldn't get a "do over" on their offer from 2012.

digitaldean
07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I felt final straw was his sister's tweeting comments during game about A-Rod. If he would have avoided the snarkiness once he left GB, a lot of fans would have still liked the guy. But this childishness showed it was all about him, nothing else.

George Cumby
07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Who is this Jennings person?

pbmax
07-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Who is this Jennings person?

He's a Purple. :)

MJZiggy
07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
He's a Purple. :)

He's a queen...:mrgreen:

Guiness
07-31-2013, 11:20 AM
James Jones has something to say about it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22950124/james-jones-i-was-taken-aback-by-greg-jennings-comments-on-aaron-rodgers

I like what he says, just not sure if I would prefer he say it or just think it. It does give some insight into what the Packers locker room is thinking of GJ now.

MadScientist
07-31-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd rather see Matthews clothesline Jenkins as he comes across comes across the line.
Nah, just have him block Datone Jones like Chris Carter 'blocked' Reggie White.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBIvU4z0GQ8

hoosier
07-31-2013, 01:41 PM
There must be something in the water in Minneapolis that turns people into assholes. Especially guys coming from GB. http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/217654501.html

Fritz
07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
I wonder who the next ex=Packer will be who signs with Minny.

Probably the smart money is on Tramon Williams, with DJ Williams, Ryan Taylor, James Starks, or Harris running neck and neck.

Guiness
07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I wonder who the next ex=Packer will be who signs with Minny.

Probably the smart money is on Tramon Williams, with DJ Williams, Ryan Taylor, James Starks, or Harris running neck and neck.

When was the last time the Pack signed an ex-Viking? Ben Steele, and before that it was Gilbert Brown? And neither of them were really 'former Vikings'. Steele was TC fodder, and Brown was cut before he played a regular season game for them.

Zool
08-07-2013, 02:10 PM
And he's still at it. Maybe they could shove some of that signing bonus in his gaping maw and shut him up? He's like the jilted EX who just can't stop talking shit about their previous partner when in reality they were the one that screwed the whole thing up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/jennings-says-theres-brainwashing-in-green-bay/

cheesner
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
And he's still at it. Maybe they could shove some of that signing bonus in his gaping maw and shut him up? He's like the jilted EX who just can't stop talking shit about their previous partner when in reality they were the one that screwed the whole thing up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/jennings-says-theres-brainwashing-in-green-bay/
Exactly.

So, Packer coaches tell their players that they are better - and Jennings needs to point this out. Does this mean the Viking coaching staff's message to their players is that they are 'as good' as the Packers? Given the Packers record over the Vikings recently, that in itself is probably a tough sell - let alone trying to suggest they are better.

red
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I think packer rats should have a "donation" button, where we can all pitch in. Then, the week we play the vickins the "donation" ends up in the hands of a packer defender with a note asking that the big mouth little bitch is shut up for awhile

pbmax
08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I want to hear more. Who does the brainwashing? Does everyone get the sessions or just stars? Weekly, monthly or daily?

VegasPackFan
08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Exactly.

So, Packer coaches tell their players that they are better - and Jennings needs to point this out. Does this mean the Viking coaching staff's message to their players is that they are 'as good' as the Packers? Given the Packers record over the Vikings recently, that in itself is probably a tough sell - let alone trying to suggest they are better.

The proof is in the pudding. They regularly sign our castoffs and we NEVER sign any of theirs. Its where our once good players go to make some money and end their careers. They are PATHETIC!

Pugger
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Somebody send Jennings a pacifier. His HC is gonna love this. I thought Frazier told the dumb ass to shut his yap? :lol:

hoosier
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Nomination for best quote among the reader comments:

Okay, Greg, at this point your sister is sounding like the rational one in the family.

Joemailman
08-07-2013, 04:26 PM
We were all brainwashed into thinking Jennings wasn't a fucking idiot. Nice of him to set us straight.

Pugger
08-07-2013, 04:32 PM
We were all brainwashed into thinking Jennings wasn't a fucking idiot. Nice of him to set us straight.

:lol:

RashanGary
08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Wow, what a dip-sht. Just play ball, gj. I think its obvious the Packers have a great place to play and more obvious when the players who leave cant handle it.

MadtownPacker
08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't know about you guys but I am very happy jennings is actin a fool. Nothing better than a pissed off ARod IMO.

Upnorth
08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I want to hear more. Who does the brainwashing? Does everyone get the sessions or just stars? Weekly, monthly or daily?

So the vikings must be taking all our players out of the goodness of their heart to deprogram them. how nice of them to care.

Patler
08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Brainwashing? Of course! Without a good washing they would all have dirty minds.

Patler
08-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I suspect GJ thinks he is ingratiating himself to his new fans by badmouthing the Packers, and he probably is to some. I didn't want to hear Pickett, Woodson, Benson or anyone continually badmouth their previous teams. It's petty.

In Jennings case, the Packers showed faith in him beyond what most teams thought, and drafted him higher than most thought reasonable. That meant he got a better rookie contract than others would have given him. They gave him opportunity, and paid him well in a second contract. Last year they made an offer that in retrospect he probably should have accepted. He rolled the dice, things changed and he didn't make the killing in free agency that he hoped for. It's not the Packers fault, it's just the way it is.

Carolina_Packer
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Do you think this is false bravado? If you tear down the Packers, maybe your new team will accept you faster? I think it just makes him look petty, but it's a free country. Rant away 15. The more you talk about it, the more ridiculous you sound. I agree, it does sound like a divorcee who can't stop talking about their ex to the new partner. I bet GJ's teammates are like, shut it and move on! Show some leadership!

MJZiggy
08-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Do you think this is false bravado? If you tear down the Packers, maybe your new team will accept you faster? I think it just makes him look petty, but it's a free country. Rant away 15. The more you talk about it, the more ridiculous you sound. I agree, it does sound like a divorcee who can't stop talking about their ex to the new partner. I bet GJ's teammates are like, shut it and move on! Show some leadership!
It might have been the acceptance thing the first time. But once it's gotten to the point that your coach tells you to shut your yap, then it's time to put your big girl panties on and make your point on the field.

pbmax
08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I'll tell you what, it does not speak well of the leadership structure of the Vikings.

Either Jennings is off message and not being reined in, or its a marketing gimmick run amok.

Bretsky
08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
WENT OVER TO THE ARTICLE AND SAW A CLASSIC VIKINGS FAN COMMENT ON JENNINGS

buckethead1 says:Aug 7, 2013 2:14 PM

They brainwashed him to sound like an idiot after leaving the organization…brilliant

George Cumby
08-07-2013, 10:22 PM
This Jennings fellow reminds me of Putin's sheared piglet: lots of squealing but too little wool.

Joemailman
08-07-2013, 10:40 PM
“When I came over here, I was kind of brainwashed,” Jennings told Paul Allen and Ben Leber of KFAN radio. “There’s no ‘kind of’ to it. Being over in Green Bay, you’re brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below. And so coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I’m like, ‘Wow, these are really great people.’

‘It’s like everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best,” Jennings said. “And it’s like total brainwashing. And I think you don’t open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position.”

Dear Greg:

That Super Bowl ring you have? It has a "G" on it. Not an "M". Not a "D". Not a "C". A "G".

Guiness
08-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Dear Greg:

That Super Bowl ring you have? It has a "G" on it. Not an "M". Not a "D". Not a "C". A "G".

Wow, that's about as well put as it can be.

GJ has been in the league a while, and the worst he's seen was 8-8 as a rookie. Had Favre throwing to him, followed by Rodgers. I wonder if he's prepared for what he's going to face in Minnesota, with AP getting the ball 2 out of 3 downs and likely not getting a sniff of the playoffs.

Guiness
08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Dear Greg:

Wow, that's about as well put as it can be.

GJ has been in the league a while, and the worst he's seen was 8-8 as a rookie. Had Favre throwing to him, followed by Rodgers. I wonder if he's prepared for what he's going to face in Minnesota, with AP getting the ball 2 out of 3 downs and likely not getting a sniff of the playoffs.

hoosier
08-08-2013, 07:49 AM

How many concussions has he had over the last few seasons? Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is associated with personality change and strange behavior.

Fritz
08-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I am a Packer fan. I think the Packers are the best.

The Packers are better than other teams.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAJR_cl54u7q-x_BKzxP4JV1Ip6qTKFJj3yOsIIfgY6nSbVJlL

pbmax
08-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Mike Tanier on Cults, Brainwashing and the Packers (http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/the-manchurian-receivers/)

Of course, the line between “cult leader” and “self-help guru” is as blurry as a mimeograph of an old est brochure. It’s easy to peg Bill Belichick as a man ready to send his minions into bus terminals wearing bed sheets. But Mike McCarthy, for all of his tactical brilliance, comes across as the assistant manager of a U-Haul rental agency, while Ted Thompson, his general manager, builds time machines out of DeLoreans. And there is no egomaniacal, whim-chasing, impossible-to-satisfy owner to deal with in Green Bay, because the Packers are owned by the general population. (Though if you think about it …)

Cheesehead Craig
08-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Amazing how GJ really has embraced what the vast majority of Viking fans here in the Twin Cities feel about the Packers and the fans. They have thought for a very long time that Packer fans are "entitled" and that they look down on everyone else and that it has permeated up through the team and thus the attitude is now within the organization. There's some fans that want him to shut up but there's a whole lot who are jumping on his comments and agreeing with them. The sheer vitriol from the fans is really something to behold.

pbmax
08-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I find it hysterical that a town like Minneapolis has fans that are intimidated by Green Bay's.

Suck it up people!

Fritz
08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I really did think Jennings was a stand up guy. Maybe he's just trying to ingratiate himself with the Minny fans. Even so, it doesn't bode well for them that Frazier told GJ to can the Packer comments, and GJ kinda sorta ignored that one...

MadtownPacker
08-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I am a Packer fan. I think the Packers are the best.

The Packers are better than other teams.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAJR_cl54u7q-x_BKzxP4JV1Ip6qTKFJj3yOsIIfgY6nSbVJlL
PackerRats is the best Packers forum, all other forums are not better than PackerRats, they are not even good. You love PackerRats, we are a classy website. Every other Packers forum sucks, you hate them. You love PackerRats and can't stand other sites because they are inferior. All posters at other forums don't compare to even the worst troll at PackerRats (the greatest Packer forum ever). You have now pledged your loyalty to PackerRats, the best Packers forum ever, unlike the other forums that you hate. All hail PackerRats!
http://markrathbun.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/brainwashing.jpg

Pugger
08-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It might have been the acceptance thing the first time. But once it's gotten to the point that your coach tells you to shut your yap, then it's time to put your big girl panties on and make your point on the field.

:bclap:

Cobra Kai
08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
"And so coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I’m like, ‘Wow, these are really great people.’"

Yeah, great people you got over there Greg...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9550527/gov-mark-dayton-alarmed-vikings-owner-zygi-wilf-legal-woes

TravisWilliams23
08-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Perhaps GJ was brainwashed by the "FU Gumby" youtube where he had a broken leg and scored a TD, carrying the Packers on his back! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

Somehow he now "thinks" he's THAT playa and can't come to grips with reality.

mission
08-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, "great people" being dragged down by a not-so-great-person in Greg Jennings.

He reminds me of my ex (Honey Mae... yes, that's her name) who used to try and contact girls I was dating to tell them about how awful I was. You know, just to prevent me from "hurting them" how I did her. Didn't work, I still broke their hearts. :lol:

Fritz
08-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I am glad your ex cared so much about these women she did not know that she wanted to help them. You just don't see kindness to strangers like that any more.

mission
08-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I am glad your ex cared so much about these women she did not know that she wanted to help them. You just don't see kindness to strangers like that any more.

She was an angel, what can I say?

Freak Out
08-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Minnesota nice!

hoosier
08-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Driver's take on Jennings's comments about Rodgers. Between the lines: Driver seems to side with Jennings's impression that ARod has a selfish streak--or, more generously, that the famous chip on his shoulder that gives him his competitive advantage carries over to his relations with teammates. It's just nice preseason melodrama as long as the team keeps winning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/80515/driver-on-the-jennings-rodgers-issues

Fritz
08-15-2013, 09:53 AM
To me, this is troubling. Part of the leadership mantle is covering for other guys' mistakes. It gets you a ton of respect in the lockerroom, and that matters.

AR needs to be less petulant about such things. He's making a zillion dollars, considered one of the top three QB's in the game. He can fall on a sword for a teammate once in a while.

Methinks that chip on his shoulder is turning into a boulder, and it's going to weigh him down.

denverYooper
08-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Driver's take on Jennings's comments about Rodgers. Between the lines: Driver seems to side with Jennings's impression that ARod has a selfish streak--or, more generously, that the famous chip on his shoulder that gives him his competitive advantage carries over to his relations with teammates. It's just nice preseason melodrama as long as the team keeps winning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/80515/driver-on-the-jennings-rodgers-issues

You could read Dud's comments to say that Rodgers holds the receivers accountable for their mistakes. We see it sometimes in games when Rodgers throws small fits about mistakes. Manning is famous for it, too. It's annoying sometimes, and maybe Rodgers needs to study some more Shunryu Suzuki-Roshi so that he doesn't tread too heavily on mistakes, but those habits got him to where he is.

denverYooper
08-15-2013, 09:59 AM
To me, this is troubling. Part of the leadership mantle is covering for other guys' mistakes. It gets you a ton of respect in the lockerroom, and that matters.

AR needs to be less petulant about such things. He's making a zillion dollars, considered one of the top three QB's in the game. He can fall on a sword for a teammate once in a while.

Methinks that chip on his shoulder is turning into a boulder, and it's going to weigh him down.

I really doubt that it will weigh him down any more than it has. His tendency to get a bit worked up over in-game mistakes throws him sometimes, and that has been a noted negative around here.

Patler
08-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Making excuses/covering for team mates' mistakes isn't always a good thing either.
If Rodgers is trying to explain his own mistakes by blaming others, I am concerned.
If he simply refuses to take the blame for their mistakes, I don't really care.

pbmax
08-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, that wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement from the WR room last couple of years.

At face value, Driver seems to suggest something different from Jennings, DD saying he is not covering for WR mistakes and Jennings saying he doesn't listen to criticism.

But could be same thing if WRs are seeing one thing and Rodgers won't adjust. AR has told stories about changing a route at the LOS with only one guy knowing the change. This might be about a WR seeing something in coverage, changing a route (and getting open) and then getting nailed for it in meetings.

If it happens against the Cover 2 then Rodger should listen to the WRs. :)

hoosier
08-15-2013, 10:13 AM
You could read Dud's comments to say that Rodgers holds the receivers accountable for their mistakes. We see it sometimes in games when Rodgers throws small fits about mistakes. Manning is famous for it, too. It's annoying sometimes, and maybe Rodgers needs to study some more Shunryu Suzuki-Roshi so that he doesn't tread too heavily on mistakes, but those habits got him to where he is.

I suspect you're right, and that Rodgers's tendency to stray from the leadership code of conduct in the heat of the moment is just the other face of those personal qualities that make him so effective as QB. As long as the Packers are a winning team that avoids signing divas at the skill positions, this will never be anything more than off-season melodrama that flares up on the rare occasion when one of Rodgers's receivers signs with another team. The Manning comparison is a good one: both have reached that point where they are too big to bring down for any behavior this side of being found in a hotel room with a 12 year old.

pbmax
08-15-2013, 10:13 AM
If Rodgers is trying to explain his own mistakes by blaming others, I am concerned.

Agreed. But that doesn't seem to be what Driver was getting at at first. Not sure how the pedestal comment plays into this.

Patler
08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Agreed. But that doesn't seem to be what Driver was getting at at first. Not sure how the pedestal comment plays into this.

Could be that some would like to see him credit others more when praise comes his way. Praise the receivers and linemen when reporters talk to him, etc.

Other players were the steps to get him on the pedestal and need to be appreciated.

mraynrand
08-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Rodgers comments on brainwashing and blaming receivers today:

I overthrew Finley and Jennings in that Divisional loss to the Giants. And I should never yell at a teammate during a game. I overthrew Finley and Jennings in that Divisional loss to the Giants. And I should never yell at a teammate during a game. I overthrew Finley and Jennings in that Divisional loss to the Giants. And I should never yell at a teammate during a game. I overthrew Finley and Jennings in that Divisional loss to the Giants. And I should never yell at a teammate during a game. I overthrew Finley and Jennings in that Divisional loss to the Giants. And I should never yell at a teammate during a game. This interview is over. This interview is over.

hoosier
08-15-2013, 02:44 PM
http://live.jsonline.com/Event/Live_blog_Green_Bay_Packers_training_camp_practice s

McCarthy's response when asked about Driver. He should be doing stand-up comedy.

MM: Talk about Donald Driver's comments, I didn't read the whole thing. I didn't understand it. Aaron handles his responsibilities well.

MM: I'm very fond of Donald. I know he's having a tough period with his loss. But I don't know what to really say about his comments.

digitaldean
08-15-2013, 07:41 PM
After reading DD's and GJ's comments, I think both of them should have gotten their big boy pants on and realized who was accountable. A-Rod takes his lumps when he throws a pick or has a subpar game (which has been rare these past several seasons). If a WR gets overthrown, it's on the QB. If the WR runs the wrong route, it sure isn't the QB's fault.

Look in the friggin' mirror, that's who you can blame if you make a mistake. My God, you need the QB to cover for you if you don't play well?? Who did he take this mantra from, Ocho Cinco??

pbmax
08-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Its Applesauce versus Dunne in Aaron Rodgers and the WR room as far as Wisconsin media is concerned.

Sauce was trolling Twitter and Driver by asking what exactly that quote was supposed to mean earlier today.

Dunne's blog entry might as begin with "Did you hear what Donald Driver said about Aaron? Ahhh no!!"

I look forward to last period to see if there will be a fight outside before the school buses leave.

Link for interview audio: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9570004

TravisWilliams23
08-15-2013, 11:50 PM
The picture in my mind of Rodgers/Jennings and Driver is near the end of the 49er playoff loss, Rodgers goes to Jennings and Driver to shake their hands knowing they probably won't be teammates after this game. I thought it was a classy move by AR. These reporters seem to purposely try to stir up shit to get a cheap story for their papers. This crap ends when the players wise up and start using the "no comment" reply when asked about a certain former teammate. Jennings is wearing purple now and Driver is wearing civilian duds, I really don't give a rats ass if either one likes Ar or not but I'd sure like to see SOMEONE on the D make GJ sorry he's a Viking now!

RashanGary
08-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Maybe I read it wrong, but when I read Driver's comments, I thought he was actually in AR's corner or at the very least, not out of it. He said AR doesn't take the blame for the WR's bad routes, he lets the WR take the blame for that. I don't know, leadership and demanding accountablity go together for me.

And then, as far as AR not always being a star. . . Shit, that's just the truth. And the advice to stay grounded. That's just good advice. And about AR coming in with a chip. We all know that. That's just Aaron. He's a fighter.

I don't know. Nothing to see here, but I just glimpsed at the comments. Maybe I'm wrong.

Packers4Glory
08-16-2013, 07:15 AM
yeah so DD says Aaron should step up and cover for WR mistakes and take the blame for them doing something wrong on the field. OOOoook?

There is no other position on the team that gets more blame or fame than QB1. He takes his share of blame when they lose. In fact I've yet to hear Aaron do any finger pointing in losses or mistakes. I don't recall him calling anyone out in the press. I know he had some comments about Finley but that was warranted, but he never laid the boom on him or anyone in the press. I've seen him accept plenty of blame for things that have went bad over the years.

Maxie the Taxi
08-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm like MM...I don't understand the quote.

denverYooper
08-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Basically, Driver was calling Greg out for not owning his mistakes and being a pussy about it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Gotta love Chuck sticking his neck and coming to ARod's defense.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=8791&is_corp=1

mraynrand
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Gotta love Chuck sticking his neck and coming to ARod's defense.

Pure class. Be a man

For me, my time in Green Bay was nothing less than exceptional. The good that I experienced there far outweighed the bad. So I’m thankful for every minute I spent in Green Bay and I really feel like the friends that I’ve made there in Wisconsin, I feel like I’d be disrespecting them if I did say something bad about the organization or my time there. These are friends I feel like I’ll have the rest of my life. Yeah, I got fired. I might be a little bitter about being fired. Who wouldn’t be? But that’s it.

Pugger
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah Woody! :clap:

ThunderDan
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Not surprising from Woodson. He is a pro's pro.

Upnorth
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
That was a great statement by Mr Woodson and I hope some reporter asks Jennings to comment on it. How do we give CW rep?

Joemailman
08-16-2013, 04:58 PM

Woodson was then asked what the motivation might be for Jennings and Driver to speak out, and if he thought the public criticisms of Rodgers dating back to last season – when tight end Jermichael Finley’s agent, Blake Baratz, questioned Rodgers’ leadership via Twitter and NFL on CBS commentator Shannon Sharpe did as well – might have some truth to them.

“It might be a receiver thing,” he said, chuckling.

Woodson may have been joking, but maybe only half joking. I think it is a receiver thing. For the last few years, the Packers have had 3-4 starting-caliber wide receivers as well as an above average tight end. Probably all those guys think they should have gotten the ball more than they did. They kept their thoughts under wraps while they were here, although Jennings' sister may have revealed some family discussions. Once they're not a Packer though, they feel free to mention this stuff. If Finley leaves the Packers next year, we'll probably hear some more.

Guiness
08-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Wow, that's really something for him to stand up for Arod and the organization now. There's really no reason for him to go out of his way to do that, no one would've blamed him if he'd said 'no comment on that, I want to talk about the team I'm on, the Raiders, and how we're going to...' and given his sound bite that way.

Patler
08-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Decided to re-read Driver's comments, since some seem to interpret them different ways. This one bothers me:

“We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route,’” Driver said. “Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

If I was a coach, and my QB was doing what the wimpy-ass Donald Driver and Greg Jennings wanted, I would be madder than heck. If a play went wrong, I would want to know why it went wrong. If it went wrong because of the receiver, but the QB misleads me as to why it went wrong, how can we fix it? How can we know if the player made a simple mistake, or if maybe there was something different in what he read? If AR says he was behind the failure, I ask HIM what HE saw, what HE did and why HE did it; when I should be asking those questions of DD or GJ. How can I fix it, or know whether I should call it again in a similar situation if I don't even understand why it failed?

MJZiggy
08-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Decided to re-read Driver's comments, since some seem to interpret them different ways. This one bothers me:

If I was a coach, and my QB was doing what the wimpy-ass Donald Driver and Greg Jennings wanted, I would be madder than heck. If a play went wrong, I would want to know why it went wrong. If it went wrong because of the receiver, but the QB misleads me as to why it went wrong, how can we fix it? How can we know if the player made a simple mistake, or if maybe there was something different in what he read? If AR says he was behind the failure, I ask HIM what HE saw, what HE did and why HE did it; when I should be asking those questions of DD or GJ. How can I fix it, or know whether I should call it again in a similar situation if I don't even understand why it failed?

I'd suggest that this comment (and some of the others) are referring to AR's relationship with the press. I think they want AR to publicly shoulder their responsibility when something goes wrong, so they don't look like screw ups in front of the media.

Maxie the Taxi
08-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Now I'm even more confused than MM. Who said what when? What does it all mean?

Patler
08-17-2013, 09:32 AM
I'd suggest that this comment (and some of the others) are referring to AR's relationship with the press. I think they want AR to publicly shoulder their responsibility when something goes wrong, so they don't look like screw ups in front of the media.

Could be. I think it's childish to expect it, and ridiculous for holding a grudge if he doesn't cover their asses.

Willard
08-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Could be. I think it's childish to expect it, and ridiculous for holding a grudge if he doesn't cover their asses.

These professional athletes have had their asses covered since high school. Many have never, nor will they ever learn personal accountability. What a bunch of millionairre pussies!

Tony Oday
08-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Wait until Jennings and his attack dog (his sister) start seeing more poorly thrown 3 yard slants from Ponder. Jennings will have less than 800 yards this year.

denverYooper
08-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Have fun Greg.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/17/the-all-22-christian-ponders-confusion-against-buffalos-defense-speaks-to-a-larger-issue/

The Vikings run a three-verticals route concept to beat the blitz, but the coverage drops stymie Ponder, and the blitz to his front side hurries him out of reads. He doesn’t want to throw to Greg Jennings over Scott, even though Jennings is a fairly open read from the slot. Thus, Ponder is closed down, and he has to scramble.

But in a larger sense, I believe this play speaks to the throws Ponder doesn’t believe he can make. Those limitations will probably come home to roost in the regular season, as they did last year. ESPN’s Ron Jaworski ranked Ponder 27th in his 2013 QB Countdown, and gave a pretty accurate picture of where Ponder is now.

But if Ponder can’t take advantage of the opportunities provided to him by general manager Rick Spielman and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, he’ll stay in Jaws’ low 20s. The play illustrated above is an example of Musgrave telling Ponder to go for it — to air it out and see what happens under adverse conditions.

As the great offensive coach Sid Gillman told Jaworski when the two men worked together in the 1970s, the preseason is the time to make those tougher throws to see just how things will turn out. The Vikings will face those kinds of situations when the games really count, and they’ll face a lot more of them if it’s clear that Ponder will not take chances on shot plays downfield.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films, who also produces Jaworski’s NFL Matchup show on ESPN, once told me that you must partially judge quarterbacks on the throws they seem to know they can’t make — the plays left on the table. I’m sure the Vikings are doing just that in these kind of situations.

mraynrand
08-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Have fun Greg.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/17/the-all-22-christian-ponders-confusion-against-buffalos-defense-speaks-to-a-larger-issue/

it was third and 24. Buffalo wasn't letting anything get over them deep. They also were running psycho package and were only doing an 'exotic' zone-type blitz. There's nothing to see here, except what we already know: Ponder has limitations with deep accuracy, and probably lacks confidence there.

hoosier
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Bernie Kosar got pulled over for erratic driving and refused to take a breathalizer. When the cop commented on his inability to walk a straight line, Kosar responded that "he had a lot of surgeries on his knees and ankles because his line couldn't block." Just another QB throwing his teammates under the bus...20 years later!

mraynrand
10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Bernie Kosar got pulled over for erratic driving and refused to take a breathalizer. When the cop commented on his inability to walk a straight line, Kosar responded that "he had a lot of surgeries on his knees and ankles because his line couldn't block." Just another QB throwing his teammates under the bus...20 years later!

That's a pretty good excuse, as far as excuses go: Bernie cannot walk a straight line sober, and he sounds drunk even why dry as Taos.

CaptainKickass
10-03-2013, 03:55 PM
taking shots

Yes i think I will!!

http://drunkard.com/issues/10_05/images/shot_sidebar.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2255/2095001451_0bdac45956_o.jpg