PDA

View Full Version : Bears trade a 1st rounder for a 6th.

Patler
06-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Gabe Carimi now a Buc. Bears get a 6th round pick in return for their first round pick of 2011.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bears-trade-Gabe-Carimi-to-Bucs.html

denverYooper
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I remember being slightly jealous when the Bears drafted Carimi.

In Ted we Trust, I guess.

hoosier
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Me too. But hard to say with certainty that Carimi was doomed to failure. What role did injuries and bad coaching play in his nondevelopment? Or maybe that is a moot point, because nobody attracts injuries like the Packers and nobody I can think of gets less out of more than James Campen.

cheesner
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Me too. But hard to say with certainty that Carimi was doomed to failure. What role did injuries and bad coaching play in his nondevelopment? Or maybe that is a moot point, because nobody attracts injuries like the Packers and nobody I can think of gets less out of more than James Campen.

I remember he came out after the draft and said he was grateful that he didn't end up going to the Packers. After saying something like that, one must wonder how much God had to do with Carimi becoming a bust.

Guiness
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
2 years, 1 injured for a first rounder.

The article (and others I've read) say why he was not needed, by why do you make those moves? I know it wasn't the current administration that drafted him, but it's not like he was a high profile player left over. I don't understand why they didn't let him compete.

Patler
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
2 years, 1 injured for a first rounder.

The article (and others I've read) say why he was not needed, by why do you make those moves? I know it wasn't the current administration that drafted him, but it's not like he was a high profile player left over. I don't understand why they didn't let him compete.

Maybe because he hasn't bothered to show up for the off-season stuff. New coaching staffs tend to take that personally.

mraynrand
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I remember he came out after the draft and said he was grateful that he didn't end up going to the Packers.

"FU"

hoosier
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I remember he came out after the draft and said he was grateful that he didn't end up going to the Packers. After saying something like that, one must wonder how much God had to do with Carimi becoming a bust.

I think he said something to the effect of how he had been a Packer fan and, since the Bears drafted him, he had come to see the error of his ways. No big surprise there. But remember, we want the Bears and their fans to talk that way, because it provides so much entertainment when they prove unable to back it up.

Guiness
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Maybe because he hasn't bothered to show up for the off-season stuff. New coaching staffs tend to take that personally.

you mean the voluntary OTAs? lol

Patler
06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
you mean the voluntary OTAs? lol

Ya. With a new head coach, new staff, probable new systems and all, they want players there as much as possible, including the voluntary stuff. I think a non-established player is a fool to push the "voluntary" aspect, especially when there is a new staff.

Unless, of course, a trade or release is what he really wanted.

Fritz
06-11-2013, 02:54 PM
All I can say to this thread title is this:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

pbmax
06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
He's a good kid if his college days are any indication. I hope Bostad and the Bucs let him turn it around. No one connected with the Badgers can believe he was healthy last season when he returned because he played so bad.

A radio guy in Chicago intimated that one suspected reason he was not at OTAs was that he STILL wasn't fully healthy and he did not want to practice more than necessary. Might have thought he got a bum deal with the team docs.

Fritz
06-12-2013, 05:46 PM
We all knew Chicago is an evil organization.

swede
06-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Not evil...ugly. To complete the thought...

Packers............................Vikings........ ....................Bears
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GwDmGzR1rnY/Tk1NjG5kZVI/AAAAAAAACgI/uwh31wBLDwU/s400/Good_trio.jpeg

Detroit
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ac6EnlmP8MY/SQHcq5Ae--I/AAAAAAAAIVk/7O5h1aPU2Fc/s1600/stupid+lookin+cowboy.jpg

woodbuck27
06-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Ya. With a new head coach, new staff, probable new systems and all, they want players there as much as possible, including the voluntary stuff. I think a non-established player is a fool to push the "voluntary" aspect, especially when there is a new staff.

Unless, of course, a trade or release is what he really wanted.

Yup. That's a no brainer when your new HC works his tail off to get his team, game ready. When your new HC takes a certain pride in his offensive philosophy and leadership skills. When that new HC has proven he's real.

I watched Jay Cutler pass on his respect for that new HC just a day or so on NFL Access. It appears that that new Bears HC is focusing on making Cutler a much better NFL QB.

It's just 'double down on being smart' when your new HC is Marc Trestman.

http://www.coachmarctrestman.com/

Official site of Perseverance: Life Lessons on Leadership and Teamwork by Marc Trestman

About Marc Trestman:

http://www.coachmarctrestman.com/About-Marc.html

"Did you know? Marc (Trestman) began his NFL coaching career with the Minnesota Vikings under Bud Grant, Pro Football and Canadian Football Hall of Fame coach." Fr. LINK immediately above