PDA

View Full Version : Would our receiving core be THAT desperate?

SavedByGrace
06-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I love the guy, and he deserves all the respect in the world, but there has to be a better option out there, if it indeed comes down to that

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9394827/donald-driver-unretire-green-bay-packers-needed-him

packer4life
06-17-2013, 09:49 PM
TT will not bring back Driver.

Joemailman
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
They will keep 5 and at least 1 on the PS. They won't bring back Driver.

bobblehead
06-18-2013, 12:04 AM
I love the guy, and he deserves all the respect in the world, but there has to be a better option out there, if it indeed comes down to that

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9394827/donald-driver-unretire-green-bay-packers-needed-him

DD is saying all the right things for a guy who no one is seriously courting, but wants to stay involved in Wisconsin charities and the sort. I believe he loves the Packers and the state, but I think no one seriously offered him anything.

NOW....should a slew of injuries hit late and we need a stopgap guy, I wouldn't think TT would ignore him if he were the best man for the job....ala tauscher.

run pMc
06-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Nope. DD barely saw the field last year -- Boykin and Ross were getting his snaps by year's end. I understand the sentiment, but retiring a Packer was a smart move. Staying retired would be smart too.

They have Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Boykin, Ross, Johnson, Dorsey, and camp bodies right now at WR. Finley plays like a WR sometimes. I think they have enough guys for Rodgers to throw to, and whether or not (hopefully 'not') a rash of injuries hits I'd think the new "big letters" running game would help the offense.

woodbuck27
06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
DD is saying all the right things for a guy who no one is seriously courting, but wants to stay involved in Wisconsin charities and the sort. I believe he loves the Packers and the state, but I think no one seriously offered him anything.

NOW....should a slew of injuries hit late and we need a stopgap guy, I wouldn't think TT would ignore him if he were the best man for the job....ala tauscher.

Yes. It has to do with a central focus and that article. DD's advice to Rookie WR Kevin Dorsey. To really get into the Packers playbook. To devote much time to studying that. To learning how to run routes. After that to grow as a player it means watching a lot of video.

DD knows the Packers 'O' and playbook.

Just maybe...if adversity is bad enough. It might possibly come down to this question for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy:

If a couple of the top four go down to serious injury. What are their real options?

As a Packer fan. Who would you want inserted into the lineup when we need a win (wins)? Then (just maybe?) TT might exercise an option to call upon DD. Otherwise, you don't have to get all bent out of shape over this question.

Isn't it some comfort to know that Donald Driver is sincere in his loyalty to the team? Which way does it have to be for some of you Packer fans? Sure he's loyal as he has no other options!? Are you sure of that?

What is wrong with some of you 'Packer fans'? What does it take to please some of you 'Packer fans'?

Some of you confuse me too actually make me sick to my stomach in your manner of being a Packer fan. Your the same packer fans that question my over five decades of loyalty to the Green Bay Packers. Where is your sense of shame? What does it take to please some of you? Some of you are the most confusing; so called team fans I've ever encountered in over 5 decades of being a fan of pro Sports. You deem yourselves 'the loyal fan'; and 'in fact' nothing could be further from the truth.

Your so bent out of shape in your reaction to your own selves and trying to be a Packer fan. That it's sometimes terribly sad for me to observe. You make absolute fools of yourselves. It must be terribly difficult to live with yourselves.

You know who you are. In my book of life and decency your sickening and pathetic examples of loyalty. Your not anything even approaching what a loyal fan means in my book. Your grumbling, confused, incredibly spoiled brats.

Your the reason that we lose solid Packer fans like Deputy Nutz on this forum. It's time that you all take a hard look at your attitudes and get over yourselves. Nothing ever good comes of being negative. I call upon all of you; to become a poster with enough integrity as a solid Packer fan to recognize the dignity in terms of proper respects and loyalty.

I'm so glad I finally posted that post-reaction to some of 'you'. Members here that don't have a clue in your anal reactions and stances in terms of being a fan; and any semblance of the meaning of that, to the term 'loyalty'.

Please smarten up.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
06-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Boykin went into games ahead of Driver last year, didn't he? There would need to be a metric ton of injuries.

ThunderDan
06-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Least offensive post I have seen to draw a Woodbuck rant.

Pugger
06-18-2013, 11:19 AM
I pray to God we won't be needing DD this year! :shock:

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 11:25 AM
This thread would have been awesome if it had been titled "Donald Driver"

woodbuck27
06-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Least offensive post I have seen to draw a Woodbuck rant.

Did my post call you out personally? Are you feeling a tad defensive ThunderDan?

If my post describes you. Maybe? ... do something positive about that!

Instead of incessantly being negative about my posts. Maybe...'just maybe?Try being more open minded. Growing ... is an essential aspect of living life fuller. I believe that even you will one day learn that ThunderDan. I'm sure others are as concerned for you and have instructed the same.

GO PACKERS!

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Your the same packer fans that question my over five decades of loyalty to the Green Bay Packers. Where is your sense of shame? What does it take to please some of you?

I never questioned your loyalty. Now your sanity is another matter...

My sense of shame was killed forever when my wife caught me watching 'Kim Possible' without my daughter there.

woodbuck27
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I never questioned your loyalty. Now your sanity is another matter...

My sense of shame was killed forever when my wife caught me watching 'Kim Possible' without my daughter there.

Does that post by you 'M'... say anything that's in any manner related to 'sanity'?

I hope that one day you find the peace you need.

'M' .... I see you far more realistically in terms of who you are than you may realize. It's called a proper use of intelligence. Something in you that's often clearly observable and sadly... wasted.

If you need another shot at me . Go for it. I won't waste any time responding to you. I'll rather choose a preoccupation with laughter.

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Does that post by you 'M'... say anything that's in any manner related to 'sanity'?

I hope that one day you find the peace you need.

'M' .... I see you far more realistically in terms of who you are than you may realize. It's called a proper use of intelligence. Something in you that's often clearly observable and sadly... wasted.

If you need another shot at me . Go for it. I won't waste any time responding to you. I'll rather choose a preoccupation with laughter.

I didn't say I questioned your sanity. I just said it was another matter.

About your preoccupation: Laugh, clown, laugh!

Mazzin
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Must be the offseason...:cry:

hoosier
06-18-2013, 12:46 PM
I never would have guessed that Donald Driver could polarize Packer fans in this way. "Driver drives a wedge between Packer faithful." "Donald the Divider Driver." We need a Driver thread and it belongs in the Meadow.

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I never would have guessed that Donald Driver could polarize Packer fans in this way. "Driver drives a wedge between Packer faithful." "Donald the Divider Driver." We need a Driver thread and it belongs in the Meadow.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/cryingdriver.jpg (http://s453.photobucket.com/user/mraynrand/media/cryingdriver.jpg.html)

ThunderDan
06-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Did my post call you out personally? Are you feeling a tad defensive ThunderDan?

Instead of incessantly being negative about my posts. Maybe...'just maybe?Try being more open minded. Growing ... is an essential aspect of living life fuller. I believe that even you will one day learn that ThunderDan. I'm sure others are as concerned for you and have instructed the same.

GO PACKERS!

I was responding to Bobblehead and not you. As stated in another post I am purposefully giving you a wide berth.

woodbuck27
06-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I was responding to Bobblehead and not you. As stated in another post I am purposefully giving you a wide berth.

ThunderDan:

As to you purposefully giving (me) a wide berth:

Be careful that stuff coming out your ears doesn't drip on your feet. :!:

Otherwise and ... 'you and I'....that would be awesome. I'm sorry that this response doesn't give you more dignity. Maybe as some help in the form of a suggestion you can render that onto yourself by being 'at least' honest.

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Be careful that stuff coming out your ears doesn't drip on your feet. :!: Maybe as some help in the form of a suggestion you can render that onto yourself by being 'at least' honest.

Keep working on that preoccupation with laughter. It's going swimmingly.

Scott Campbell
06-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Some of you confuse me too actually make me sick to my stomach in your manner of being a Packer fan. Your the same packer fans that question my over five decades of loyalty to the Green Bay Packers. Where is your sense of shame? What does it take to please some of you? Some of you are the most confusing; so called team fans I've ever encountered in over 5 decades of being a fan of pro Sports. You deem yourselves 'the loyal fan'; and 'in fact' nothing could be further from the truth.

http://www.lionsdenu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/things-a-douchebag-would-say.jpg

mraynrand
06-18-2013, 06:10 PM
by my count, he only got to 8

Joemailman
06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
by my count, he only got to 8

It's early.

Smeefers
06-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing DD come back as a stop gap. The tunnel to get onto the field is wide enough for him to fit his walker down, right?

bobblehead
06-18-2013, 08:46 PM

GO PACKERS!

Don't worry woody. Just cuz my post drew a rant, I don't think anyone took it as negative towards me....just that you ranted off of it.

bobblehead
06-18-2013, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing DD come back as a stop gap. The tunnel to get onto the field is wide enough for him to fit his walker down, right?

I would. LAST offseason I predicted TT would cut him. I was wrong, but....sort of right. If we do call on DD as a guy needed for stopgap purposes its a very bad thing. It means that our young WR are all pressed into duty and we don't have anyone with enough knowledge of the playbook to call on.

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Don't worry woody. Just cuz my post drew a rant, I don't think anyone took it as negative towards me....just that you ranted off of it.

Your post inspired me bobblehead. I'm not implying either that we're on the same side. I generally feel that I take a lonely position here. I've never waivered in that position. Your post somehow enabled me to finally get something off of my chest. To address something sickening to me as a Packer fan.

When I read something as positive as Donald Driver said:

Why in hell, in any way, turn that into any negative?

It wasn't a rant. It was simply some dramatization of the truth. Some realistic and honest criticism of Green Bay Packer fans that have really short memories. I do understand now, more so then ever before. Why 'a certain highly esteemed member' made the statement that:

(and I paraphrase)

He still loves the Green Bay Packers but he can't stand some Packer fans. Was beginning to hate some Green Bay Packer fans.

I cannot help but see how the fans of other NFL teams view some of these silly Green Bay Packer fans. These Packer fans simply make themselves look stupid against the overall community of NFL fans. The 'only' legitimate response left is to deem it's not the business of any other NFL team fan to comment on.

Does that change the water on the beans in terms of 'common sense'? I want to know that Packer fans are sensible NFL fans.

We have had (strongly evident) more of our share of the type of Packer fans he disrespects at Packerrats. I'm trying to be respectful of both sides. I'm sure that members characterization of these members of Packerrats would be less colorfully described. That's one reason why we don't see him here now. It has to get a wee bit tiring telling idiots to pound sand. I don't have to use that members name as those posters, he felt that way about, know who he is.

I just can't get that emotionally invested in this argument. I believe in things working out in the end. I'm for 'the positive' and karma that promotes just that. I see nothing else as being even close too smart.

I believe that type of Packer fan that has dominated Packerrats in the past. Will decline in terms of their negative power. An attitude that doesn't represent the general population of reasonable Packer fans in Packer Nation today. I believe that most Green Bay Packer fans are reasonable, decent and balanced in terms of their judgements. To some degree, such Packer fans live here because of their need for a certain comfort zone.

They'll come around. Why!?? Because my position is best. That's not arrogance...that's intelligence....that's honor/respect. :idea:

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Assertion #1:
Your the same packer fans that question my over five decades of loyalty to the Green Bay Packers. Where is your sense of shame? What does it take to please some of you? Some of you are the most confusing; so called team fans I've ever encountered in over 5 decades of being a fan of pro Sports. You deem yourselves 'the loyal fan'; and 'in fact' nothing could be further from the truth.

Violation of Assertion #1
Your so bent out of shape in your reaction to your own selves and trying to be a Packer fan.

Mainly woodbuck, most posters are tired about hearing how loyal you are. The more you say it, the less I believe its meaningful. No one questions your five decades of loyalty; we question the validity of your opinions. Which is the same way we treat everyone here.

But also we are tired of hearing about how your loyalty entitles your opinions to a status that cannot be questioned. And then see you turn around and question everyone else's loyalty.

I do not want Driver to come back because he is a terrible receiver now and could not pass Boykin on the roster last year. He is done as a professional football player. His presence on the roster would indicate a shortage of talent.

ThunderDan
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
I do not want Driver to come back because he is a terrible receiver now and could not pass Boykin on the roster last year. He is done as a professional football player. His presence on the roster would indicate a shortage of talent.

By terrible I am assuming you mean compared to NFL caliber WRs. He is still a better WR than me.

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Mainly woodbuck, most posters are tired about hearing how loyal you are. The more you say it, the less I believe its meaningful. No one questions your five decades of loyalty; we question the validity of your opinions. Which is the same way we treat everyone here.

But also we are tired of hearing about how your loyalty entitles your opinions to a status that cannot be questioned. And then see you turn around and question everyone else's loyalty.

No ... let's not place any weight on my experience as a Green Bay Packer fan. Let's go to my ability to debate and use my intelligence pbmax against a formidable foe. YOU packer fan.

No ... pbmax you question the validity of my opinions because their in your face. Because my opinions do NOT embrace the status quo of so many Packer fans here that don't have a clue in terms of respect for 'loyalty'.

You want to debate this pbmax then lay it on me. I welcome you and that pbmax. Let's air it out right here and now Packer fan. Let's see what you've got? Let's get down to the question of decency and respect. I'm sure that will draw a large audience. I'm up for the challenge.

If you simply choose to focus on my reaction and this thread:

I didn't in any reasonableness go to whatever? and bringing Donald Driver back. That simply isn't going to happen. That's not relevant to my position.

What bothered me is that any Packer fan would take his statement of loyalty and turn that in any manner against him pbmax. Any such post is a gross over reaction to Donald Drivers obvious loyalty.

GO PACK GO !

hoosier
06-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Your post somehow enabled me to finally get something off of my chest. To address something sickening to me as a Packer fan.

When I read something as positive as Donald Driver said:

Why in hell, in any way, turn that into any negative?

I think you confuse realism with negativity. Or maybe you're confusing an opinion someone offers on the internet about Driver's football ability with what you would say to him face to face. But for better or worse, most of us don't get to talk with Packer players face to face, so this forum is what we have--and it has its benefits.

hoosier
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I didn't in any reasonableness go to whatever? and bringing Donald Driver back. That simply isn't going to happen. That's not relevant to my position.

What bothered me is that any Packer fan would take his statement of loyalty and turn that in any manner against him pbmax. Any such post is a gross over reaction to Donald Drivers obvious loyalty.

GO PACK GO !

Do you really think that if Driver thought he could still play at a high level and some team offered him a contract that he would be content to sit at home? Loyalty is wonderful but in this case I strongly suspect it is the sign of a player who knows when to call it quits. More power to Driver for being able to take his ego out of the equation.

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Do you really think that if Driver thought he could still play at a high level and some team offered him a contract that he would be content to sit at home? Loyalty is wonderful but in this case I strongly suspect it is the sign of a player who knows when to call it quits. More power to Driver for being able to take his ego out of the equation.

Yes it's likely just that hoosier.

I'm guessing that he and TT had a clear understanding that last season would be his last. As NFL fans and Packer fans we know that it's by far best for a player such as he was to play for and retire from that 'one' team. I didn't read too much into Donald Driver saying that his 'loyalty' to the Green Bay Packers would 'if needed'. Extend to making some comeback (and remaining in shape) in case that ever became a reality.

I forgive that possible (maybe deemed gaff) from a player as solid as he was; and his first year of retirement. It's hard to remove oneself from the game you loved so much. Were so dedicated too for so long.

GO PACKERS !

Guiness
06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
By terrible I am assuming you mean compared to NFL caliber WRs. He is still a better WR than me.

I've got a whippet (see my avatar) that catches a frisbee like nobody's business. I bet she's a better WR than you!

Guiness
06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
In other, hopefully unrelated news, Chad Johnson has announced he wants a last go-around.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22463626/video-chad-johnson-says-hed-like-to-finish-career-the-right-way
(complete with Gif of the fateful lawyer buttslap that earned him 7 days in jail)

hoosier
06-19-2013, 12:01 PM
But Thunder Dan is a better blocker. Your dog would have to come out on running plays. Unless she's getting the ball (I bet her change of direction is better than Dan's too).

Fritz
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
No ... let's not place any weight on my experience as a Green Bay Packer fan. Let's go to my ability to debate and use my intelligence pbmax against a formidable foe. YOU packer fan.

No ... pbmax you question the validity of my opinions because their in your face. Because my opinions do NOT embrace the status quo of so many Packer fans here that don't have a clue in terms of respect for 'loyalty'.

You want to debate this pbmax then lay it on me. I welcome you and that pbmax. Let's air it out right here and now Packer fan. Let's see what you've got? Let's get down to the question of decency and respect. I'm sure that will draw a large audience. I'm up for the challenge.

If you simply choose to focus on my reaction and this thread:

GO PACK GO !

Sometimes you write these clear, almost-terse statements that make a lot of sense. Sometimes I don't agree at all with your opinions. But most of the time, I'm not sure what your opinion actually is. I don't try to read your posts so much as try to navigate them, Wood.

But we're good, Wood. Say hi to Mae. And take your meds!

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Sometimes you write these clear, almost-terse statements that make a lot of sense. Sometimes I don't agree at all with your opinions. But most of the time, I'm not sure what your opinion actually is. I don't try to read your posts so much as try to navigate them, Wood.

But we're good, Wood. Say hi to Mae. And take your meds!

Sorry Packer fan. This place simply gets to me sometimes. I get my Irish on. I get very pissed off. It's got little to do with needing any med's. It's all about some of the stupid jerks here.

Ahh Mae. She's good. We're celebrating an anniversary today and tomorrow.

Thanks 'for some brakes' Fritz.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Then its a very simple question we should debate. I responded to this statement:

What is wrong with some of you 'Packer fans'? What does it take to please some of you 'Packer fans'?

Yours was post 6 and that means there were five before it. What statement did you object to? What statement was turned against Driver?

Guiness
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
But Thunder Dan is a better blocker. Your dog would have to come out on running plays. Unless she's getting the ball (I bet her change of direction is better than Dan's too).

vertical is off the charts too. Here's a distant cuz showing off :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHqm7XcP8U&t=1m29s

mraynrand
06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
.... It's all about some of the stupid jerks here.

to thine own self be true!

ThunderDan
06-19-2013, 01:06 PM
vertical is off the charts too. Here's a distant cuz showing off :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHqm7XcP8U&t=1m29s

Wow, now I am the whipping boy for the dog that can jump out of the building.

Just so you know I could put a basketball down two handed in college when I weighed 190 lbs.

Scott Campbell
06-19-2013, 01:09 PM
I think you confuse realism with negativity. Or maybe you're confusing an opinion someone offers on the internet about Driver's football ability with what you would say to him face to face. But for better or worse, most of us don't get to talk with Packer players face to face, so this forum is what we have--and it has its benefits.

http://johnsibley.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/muscle-confusion-workouts.jpg

Scott Campbell
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Sorry Packer fan. This place simply gets to me sometimes. I get my Irish on. I get very pissed off. It's got little to do with needing any med's. It's all about some of the stupid jerks here.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxhzrMX421r4d22do1_400.jpg

RashanGary
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
You know what, Woodbuck, I'm glad for you that you went off a little. I've long had a feeling that people not being loyal bothered the living piss out of you, but you never really said it. You were more passive-aggressive by my view.

The nice thing about aggressiveness, it's more direct. It gives people a chance to challenge you and now it gives you a chance to ignore that type of thing because it's NEVER going to change.

I know you're 68 years old and the greatest man in Canada, but I figure even Canada's greatest man might appreciate a little helpful criticism. I think you want to be accepted here, and you are. If you want to be even more accepted, I think it might be a good idea to not add, "go packers" or "Packers" to posts that have nothing to do with the Packers. You've come out here, pretty much showing your true colors, that the disloyalty disgusts you. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me that you use that "go packers" thing as a way to sort of parade your wonderfulness around in the faces of the disgusting, non-true Packer fans. It's not exactly the olive branch of togetherness your mind would have you convinced of.

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Then its a very simple question we should debate. I responded to this statement:

Yours was post 6 and that means there were five before it. What statement did you object to? What statement was turned against Driver?

pbmax;

Please... Read the post I responded to and (the question raised of Donald Drivers options/no options) in that post.

I felt such a question (I may have misinterpreted) yet all the same. Raised a question of DD's sincerety in expressing his exclusive loyalty to the 'only' team he has played for in the NFL:

The Green Bay Packers.

This issue regarding my stance on loyalty as Packer fans has certainly come up in the past here. I was offended as a Donald Driver fan. I was offended when Donald Driver's 'integrity' and honest expression of loyalty was undermined by the 'he had no options' remark.

GO PACK GO!

RashanGary
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM

Woodbuck, this is a great opportunity for you to do exactly what you hope Mike McCarthy can do. You can grow, as a man. Before you go to write a post, think to yourself what you really disagree with. Think about what bothers you, what you think, what you're trying to express. Then say it, in fewer words. A lot of words, especially ones that go in circles and divert into accusations and shaming statements, tend to be great ways to passive-aggressively let out some steam without actually having to suffer any back-lash for it. The style you used in your anger rant was direct and honest. It was surprisingly readable for a woodbuck post.

I like you. I think a lot of people here do, even if they're letting you have it a little right now. I'll tell you what, there are a lot worse things to be than someone who has to be given a good lecture from time to time. You're a cool guy. Take off the mask, man. Let it out, then you'll be able to let it go, cuz Packer fans are no different than any fan, and there's no reason to hate them.

RashanGary
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
And woody, I know you were quite the competitor in you sporting days. I'm sure you still have a sport or two you play now. Maybe it would hurt you really badly to hear someone not giving two shits about losing you when you retired from the sports you loved. I mean, honestly, you have every right to be angry (for Donald Driver, for yourself maybe, I don't know.)

Just taking a look at your rant, and I'm totally cool with it. It was a good, angry rant. I, of all people, can appreciate that. But I think you could really shorten it up. Maybe this

Hey (name of person you are directly calling out)

I'm so fucking angry that you just dismiss this great athlete like that. Could you imagine how it would feel to read a post like that. If someone said something like that about me, I'd be really hurt and hurt makes me angry. Arghhhhhh...... Fuck You

Sincerely,

Woodbuck

It's real stripped down, focuses on the anger, isn't distracted by name calling or shaming. It sounds like a real, honest statement by somebody who's either hurt or feeling for someone else who's hurt.

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
You know what, Woodbuck, I'm glad for you that you went off a little. I've long had a feeling that people not being loyal bothered the living piss out of you, but you never really said it. You were more passive-aggressive by my view.

The nice thing about aggressiveness, it's more direct. It gives people a chance to challenge you and now it gives you a chance to ignore that type of thing because it's NEVER going to change.

I know you're 68 years old and the greatest man in Canada, but I figure even Canada's greatest man might appreciate a little helpful criticism. I think you want to be accepted here, and you are. If you want to be even more accepted, I think it might be a good idea to not add, "go packers" or "Packers" to posts that have nothing to do with the Packers. You've come out here, pretty much showing your true colors, that the disloyalty disgusts you. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me that you use that "go packers" thing as a way to sort of parade your wonderfulness around in the faces of the disgusting, non-true Packer fans. It's not exactly the olive branch of togetherness your mind would have you convinced of.

I'm far from the greatest 'anything' Justin Harrell. I'm simply all that life has benefited me with. I'm satisfied with who I am and working on the rest all the time. I always aim to be a stronger man.

When it comes to loyalty. Frankly I may be the last of a dieing breed.

You want me to stop the :

GO PACK GO ! or GO PACKERS ! or Packers ! That's 'only' an interesting request of yours Justin Harrell.

I'll not end posts without acknowledging the main reason I came to Packerrasts. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan. I respect that fact as I end my posts Justin Harrell. It goes along with respect and decency in terms of manners. I don't enter your home with my Packer hat on and when I leave... I wear it proudly.

Do I care who accepts me here at Packerrats? I cannot control prejudice and discrimination. I've 'no control' over any nationalistic or cultural disparity. I simply try to make make a solid contribution to Packerrats. I've never posted in any manner that could be even in any way confused with begging for acceptance. Such need 'only' makes one weak.

I address disagreements with anyone ( I respect ) with a certain style. One that doesn't include the sickness of some members here. I simply choose to not embrace such posters. To do so is foolish. I survive such posters. I do so by allowing those posters to put themselves on public display. Make fools of themselves. I also realize that some cannot get out of their own way. I appreciate the sadness in that fact.

GO PACK GO !

Scott Campbell
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I cannot control prejudice and discrimination. I've 'no control' over any nationalistic or cultural disparity.

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/southern-and-jewish/files/2012/08/we-shall-overcome.jpg

Guiness
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Wow, now I am the whipping boy for the dog that can jump out of the building.

Just so you know I could put a basketball down two handed in college when I weighed 190 lbs.

Ya? Well I could bench...oh, never mind :huh:

Who was it that offered the services of a slow, white TE with good hands to the Pack during the lockout?

woodbuck27
06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Woodbuck, this is a great opportunity for you to do exactly what you hope Mike McCarthy can do. You can grow, as a man. Before you go to write a post, think to yourself what you really disagree with. Think about what bothers you, what you think, what you're trying to express. Then say it, in fewer words. A lot of words, especially ones that go in circles and divert into accusations and shaming statements, tend to be great ways to passive-aggressively let out some steam without actually having to suffer any back-lash for it. The style you used in your anger rant was direct and honest. It was surprisingly readable for a woodbuck post.

I like you. I think a lot of people here do, even if they're letting you have it a little right now. I'll tell you what, there are a lot worse things to be than someone who has to be given a good lecture from time to time. You're a cool guy. Take off the mask, man. Let it out, then you'll be able to let it go, cuz Packer fans are no different than any fan, and there's no reason to hate them.

Like me...you don't know me JH. You really don't know me Justin Harrell.

I never never wear a mask. Anyone who really knows me would clearly inform you of that truth. If you met me you'd not have a real issue with me as long as your cool. I don't deal well with stupid behaviour. I'm as straight up/straight in as any man might meet. I tell it the way it is without being over bearing. I seldom get angry and hate argument. As far woodbuck27 and hating. I hate 'rats' and some insects and that's about it. I don't hate people. People simply at times piss me off.

I don't choose to come out and attack a poster here 'by name' as that's IMO, back handed. If I disagree with a poster I simply re-post that poster. I express my offense and won't argue or surrender a position on that, unless I realize my error. I try not to be stubborn 'too right'. I aim for right. I want everyone to win and that's part of my innocence not lost.

Why single out a certain poster?

I prefer to observe that poster go all off on himself after I've tried to somehow intervene. Otherwise it has to be too obvious who my detractors are here at Packerrats. Why do I intervene. Because I've always believed in team play. Sadly things somehow get really 'to the personal' here. This can be a very rough environment and I've never been weak to such.

In terms of me and these poster 'you feel' I should name JH.

No need to name them. Their way too obvious. Their the silly minded posters that never learned to not piss into the wind. Those posters who will usually piss into the wind because they live for trouble. We have such a poster 'come to visit' on this thread right now. He's like a shit magnet. If he cannot get himself involved up to his neck in some shit... he's not engaging life on his low grade terms. Why center comment on any poster here that worthless too himself? A poster without the brains to blow powder to hell. A poster that contributes 'only' his stink.

To engage such a poster merely feeds his silly game and such would bear shame on yourself.

I just shake my head and ...:smile: Everyone deserves to appreciate a clown once in awhile. I can entertain some detached amusement.

GO PACK GO !

ThunderDan
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Ya? Well I could bench...oh, never mind :huh:

Who was it that offered the services of a slow, white TE with good hands to the Pack during the lockout?

Who said I'm that slow!!!! And I thought it was at LB in 2010 when we had our 5th string OLB starting.:smile:

RashanGary
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Do I care who accepts me here at Packerrats? I cannot control prejudice and discrimination. I've 'no control' over any nationalistic or cultural disparity. I simply try to make make a solid contribution to Packerrats. I've never posted in any manner that could be even in any way confused with begging for acceptance. Such need 'only' makes one weak.

Do you care? Only you can answer that. I have a strong hunch you do. You're a people and I believe with my heart and soul that all people want acceptance. Do you want Mae to love you? You can't control that, but I'll bet you like it and want it.

Acceptance, love, control, weakness, vulnerability, wisdom. . . . Abstract things are hard to understand. Is vulnerability a negative weakness in a person? Is wanting acceptance or love something someone should give up on as they have no control over whether or not they will get it? Wisdom is knowing one's self, knowing the answer to the toughest questions and living it. Your angry rant is evidence that you're not as happy as you could be if you let it go. My advice is to not give up on fitting in though. That would be the cowards way out and I know you're a competitor. You're a stubborn old Canadian moose. It can work for you or against you.

My therapists laugh at my competitive spirit. It's funny and not funny at the same time. It helps and hurts. I helps me because I keep driving ahead when most crumble. I pose to you the same challenge I pose to myself. Prove the doubters wrong. If people think you're a stubborn old Canadian moose and won't grow, prove them wrong.

Most people after getting their angry tirade shot down would resort to passive-aggressive attacks in the future. They might use long, drawn out posts. People might read those posts and end up scratching their head thinking, "boy, I didn't like something about that post." but not really knowing exactly what that something is. Prove you don't have to resort to that. Prove you can say what you mean and mean what you say. Put "go pack go" posts at the end of posts that personify "go pack go." Call people, "fellow Packer fans" after posts that relate to fellow Packer fans. Express anger when you're angry. All that kind of thing. . . . Be real, woodbuck. Be yourself. I'll bet american dollars to canadian you're not a raging sociopath who has no human need to fit in. I'll bet you're a regular, vulnerable person who's nature is to lean on other people and fit in.

You're really not some outsider who's fighting the lonely fight alone. You're woodbuck, the canadian moose, a part of the herd, a part of packerrats. Live it, love it. . . It's you! You stubborn old moose :)

You're not a total phony. If you were, you'd have been shunned out of here like rbaloha. You're just part phony (passive-aggressive, hidden, stealthy) I think people can deal with that, as you bring enough of your true self to the table to attach to. I'm glad you were outwardly angry. I think it shows what you've been all along (a person who's angry at Packer fans for not being loyal.) And I don't hate you for it. In fact, I like you, cuz if you were't a vulnerable little baby moose inside, you wouldn't be throwing an anger fit ;) Who doesn't love baby mooses? I'll bet Mae does ;)

mraynrand
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
whippet good!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5befkHKFBb8/TctBqhQDELI/AAAAAAAAATI/NAJh2G6Raes/s1600/devo1.jpeg

Scott Campbell
06-19-2013, 04:06 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1oq965ksVbE/Tx_VM-n_nvI/AAAAAAAABk8/6FAEdJIWAV0/s1600/Cuckoo+Nest-02.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Driver's not coming back, nothing to see here.

Upnorth
06-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Driver's not coming back, nothing to see here.

So Woody's squaring off with JH and Guiness is taking on Thunder Dan. Fuck it time to start a Canadian bench clearing brawl.
You and your god damn ruler of the meadow, I gave that to you and now insist we go at it again you rat fink mofo. Driver demands respect and your so slow my grandma could out run you. (Am I doing this right???)

pbmax
06-19-2013, 05:24 PM
pbmax;

Please... Read the post I responded to and (the question raised of Donald Drivers options/no options) in that post.

I felt such a question (I may have misinterpreted) yet all the same. Raised a question of DD's sincerety in expressing his exclusive loyalty to the 'only' team he has played for in the NFL:

And this is precisely my point. The article contains quotes from Driver about his availability to the Packers and no one else. But we have no information about what other factors are involved.

Does Driver has personal services contract with the team?
Monetary interests in the state (ads, personal appearances, etc.)?
Did he receive any substantial offers to play for other teams?
Did he receive ANY offers to sign any kind of deal with another team for a training camp tryout?
Did he or his agent seek either of the above?

You see loyalty in the statements, which is your opinion and your right. Others, such as myself see very carefully crafted statements meant to maximize future income as a former Packers. We don't know either for certain and that is why I find questioning other poster's motives to be ridiculous.

Cheesehead Craig
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
So Woody's squaring off with JH and Guiness is taking on Thunder Dan. Fuck it time to start a Canadian bench clearing brawl.
You and your god damn ruler of the meadow, I gave that to you and now insist we go at it again you rat fink mofo. Driver demands respect and your so slow my grandma could out run you. (Am I doing this right???)

Close your damn vagina before you hurt yourself Upnorth. The meadow is a place where Rats go to settle an argument and whoever concedes first is the loser. It's not an insult contest you nimrod. I think I need to go call you out on Mad's thread and score some rep points.

ThunderDan
06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Guiness is taking on Thunder Dan.

I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek with Guiness. Especially after seeing that dog jump 48". Guess I missed.

woodbuck27
06-20-2013, 12:13 PM
And this is precisely my point. The article contains quotes from Driver about his availability to the Packers and no one else. But we have no information about what other factors are involved.

Does Driver has personal services contract with the team?
Monetary interests in the state (ads, personal appearances, etc.)?
Did he receive any substantial offers to play for other teams?
Did he receive ANY offers to sign any kind of deal with another team for a training camp tryout?
Did he or his agent seek either of the above?

You see loyalty in the statements, which is your opinion and your right. Others, such as myself see very carefully crafted statements meant to maximize future income as a former Packers. We don't know either for certain and that is why I find questioning other poster's motives to be ridiculous.

a) "You see loyalty in the statements, which is your opinion and your right" pbmax

No I chose to believe Donald Drivers statement RE: his loyalty to the 'only' team he's played for as 'the TRUTH', Simply that pbmax and yes it's my right of intelligence and good manners to simply interpret Donald Driver thus. I happen to believe that DD is an outstanding man. His statements in this article simply back that up.

So what do you have pbmax to say otherwise 'specifically' about Donald Driver that would cast a shadow of doubt on his honesty/integrity? This thread's article is solely about Donald Driver and not any other former Green Bay Packer. Please confine this debate too Donald Driver...Thanks.

pbmax:

Let's see your list 'your proof' that Donald Driver shouldn't be trusted as an honest man?

b) " We don't know either for certain and that is why I find questioning other poster's motives to be ridiculous. " pbmax

No Pbmax that isn't it at all. For you too go so far as to deem my position as 'ridiculous'. Dangerously places you into a position of being grossly prejudicial Your certainly close to 'double speak'. This is a forum. A place where debate will break out as we rub one another's feathers the wrong way. I usually debate in terms of manners and on grounds of ethics and common decency. Plenty of time I'm questioned and even ridiculed. I've the same right to counter. To respond honestly and do so with style.

I contend with you pbmax that weighed against all other's here my responses are NOT ridiculous. We see other members here that certainly court 'the ridiculous response'. When I contend with any other posters post and I feeling that an offense has occurred. I respond seriously pbmax and by far and generally NOT ridiculously.

I made clear statements in this thread. The end result of observing over the top too much negativity and outright derision of former and even arguably great Green Bay Packers. I've observed 'over the top', bush league posts here that literally made me cringe with disgust. I must post with a certain modicum of real control in terms of style and proper language.

I stand by my position that alarmingly too many members of Packerrats are 'in fact' falling far from the tree of loyalty in regards to what Packer players once gave for us Packer fans.

Anyone that even imagines my posts here as a shocking rant are IMO sensitive on the other side of their two faced ways. I've had to maintain my composure way too often. I've been over the top way too Canadian. A part of that out of respect for the Canadian way and manners. I'm all too conscious and remind myself, that there I sometimes fail. I make no excuse for my positions.

PACKERS !

Fritz
06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Ah, we Americans. So crude, so uncouth.

It's why you love us and hate us.

'Scuse me, gotta go take a dump.

pbmax
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Let's see your list 'your proof' that Donald Driver shouldn't be trusted as an honest man?

Subjecting Driver's statements to a modicum of skepticism does not require me to believe he is dishonest, nor does it require me to have proof of previous dishonesty. I think he is merely acting in his best interest.

Was Donald Driver being honest when he was asking for pay raises from the Packers and not commenting publicly about it? That does not seem dishonest to me, but it is selective. And I believe Driver is being selective in what he tells the public about his first year retirement plans. He is planning to have an income and is working toward that end.

So I pass it back to you that we know Driver is selective in what he shares publicly, which is fair ground for a modicum of skepticism.

No Pbmax that isn't it at all. For you too go so far as to deem my position as 'ridiculous'.

You responded to the OP and bobblehead's post by stating you doubted the loyalty of other posters here at PackerRats. You doubted their loyalty because they saw Driver's statements as an exaggeration (OP on possible role with team) and somewhat self-serving (bobble). That is ridiculous.

Cheesehead Craig
06-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Questioning other poster's loyalty to the Packers does smack of McCarthyism. Since he was from WI and a Packer fan he is relevant to the discussion.

So who's going to be on the Packerrats blue-ribbon committee for determining who is really a Packer fan here? I vote wist as the chair.

woodbuck27
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Subjecting Driver's statements to a modicum of skepticism does not require me to believe he is dishonest, nor does it require me to have proof of previous dishonesty. I think he is merely acting in his best interest.

Was Donald Driver being honest when he was asking for pay raises from the Packers and not commenting publicly about it? That does not seem dishonest to me, but it is selective. And I believe Driver is being selective in what he tells the public about his first year retirement plans. He is planning to have an income and is working toward that end.

So I pass it back to you that we know Driver is selective in what he shares publicly, which is fair ground for a modicum of skepticism.

You responded to the OP and bobblehead's post by stating you doubted the loyalty of other posters here at PackerRats. You doubted their loyalty because they saw Driver's statements as an exaggeration (OP on possible role with team) and somewhat self-serving (bobble). That is ridiculous.

a) Then pbmax ... you be as skeptical as you may choose to be regarding anything Donald Driver and the article attached to this thread. I'll accept Donald Driver on the face value of his honesty/decency. There's plenty of evidence to support my position.

In regards to your claim pbmax. Your claim that Donald Driver was possibly being selective in regards to a reactive response. Is there any great difference between a person being selective in what he/she says Vs being sensible/mannerly and maybe even possessing some personal common sense in terms of PR skills? if there is in your view? Please...enlighten me.

b) Re: this:

" You responded to the OP and bobblehead's post by stating you doubted the loyalty of other posters here at PackerRats. You doubted their loyalty because they saw Driver's statements as an exaggeration (OP on possible role with team) and somewhat self-serving (bobble). That is ridiculous." pbmax

My response to bobblehead's post wasn't in fact directed directly at that poster or any poster here in particular. His post was a mere catalyst to my reaction in that post. My post was much more of a reaction to my observation of many posters here at Packerrats. Posters that again post in a manner that certainly doesn't denote loyalty as being, even marginally, one of those posters best traits. It was a 'if you own it maybe? do something about it', thing.

If your going to attack or otherwise demean me pbmax!? You'd better be prepared to defend any other poster here at Packerrats. Do you desire to go there?

falco
06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Boykin went into games ahead of Driver last year, didn't he? There would need to be a metric ton of injuries.

I believe the technically correct term is a 'metric buttload.'

Feel bad for Driver - I am assuming he could not latch on anywhere?

Defintely not like the Mark Tauscher situation a few years back where we are only one injur away from needing him badly.

Rastak
06-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Questioning other poster's loyalty to the Packers does smack of McCarthyism. Since he was from WI and a Packer fan he is relevant to the discussion.

So who's going to be on the Packerrats blue-ribbon committee for determining who is really a Packer fan here? I vote wist as the chair.

I'm likely on the top of the list. After that, it gets murkier.......

gbgary
06-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Cheesehead Craig
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM

Stone the heretic! Burn him! Stone him with burning rocks! And then... do other things like have a glass of lemonade as stoning someone with burning rocks is hard work.

swede
06-20-2013, 08:56 PM

For us it is usually Favre stuff. About which trivial matters do Viking fans attack each other during the dog days of offseason?

MJZiggy
06-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Stone the heretic! Burn him! Stone him with burning rocks! And then... do other things like have a glass of lemonade as stoning someone with burning rocks is hard work.You could burn your hands stoning someone with burning rocks. Best to just skip the stoning and have the lemonade. It is hard lemonade we're talking about here, right?

Joemailman
06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Stone him with burning rocks!

How about if I just get stoned with bourbon on the rocks!

Bossman641
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
For us it is usually Favre stuff. About which trivial matters do Viking fans attack each other during the dog days of offseason?

Hmmmm...who gets to polish their Lombardi trophies? Sorry Ras.:smile:

pbmax
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM

No you are out of the closet as a Viking fan. Its the one's hiding that Craig wants to subpoena.

George Cumby
06-21-2013, 01:45 AM
I am very confused...........

Smeefers
06-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Wait, this is still going on? Like, what, a week later? Jeez guys. The only real packer fans are the ones who don't post in this topic thread...

woodbuck27
06-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Wait, this is still going on? Like, what, a week later? Jeez guys. The only real packer fans are the ones who don't post in this topic thread...

Are they also small 'p' Packer fans? :wink:

When it gets right down to it and Packerrats. There are very few members of this forum that I totally disrespect. Overall Packerrats is a very good place to visit.

This forum is dominated by solid Green Bay Packer fans, and once in awhile Rastak gives us the pleasure of an appearance. I really enjoy many members that participate in trying to help us all grow as football fans. I even believe that some members here are solid Green Bay Packer fans and that their nonsense behaviour, doesn't disqualify them as such.

Don't mistake nonsense behaviour with real entertainment in the form of humor. We enjoy some very intelligent and humor lending posters here. Some members here give me a great laugh at times.

It gets a tad hot here in the off season but I've found this off season overall very decent. I believe Packerrats is growing as a forum. I believe that the culture of Packerrats is creating itself.

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
06-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Is there any great difference between a person being selective in what he/she says Vs being sensible/mannerly and maybe even possessing some personal common sense in terms of PR skills?

you could stand to be more selective as well as improve common sense and PR skills. Please consult:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ari-fleischer-web.jpg

woodbuck27
06-21-2013, 07:49 AM
you could stand to be more selective as well as improve common sense and PR skills. Please consult:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ari-fleischer-web.jpg

Do you have a difficulty with honesty?

Have you never suffered a slap up the side of your head before? Have you never received 'a personality adjustment'? If you havn't ... then you were deprived.

Cheesehead Craig
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
No you are out of the closet as a Viking fan. Its the one's hiding that Craig wants to subpoena.

Hey, I'm just trying to facilitate the witchhunt. Although you seem suspicious pb.

Fritz
06-21-2013, 10:28 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-m7y9butIA5EYhvD3wCHs90nG21ia-lPE5t1Car5IFvBkcMca

"Did you, or did you not, once say that you thought the Minnesota Vikings' helmets were cooler than the Packers' helmets?"

"No, sir, I did not! But I know someone who did, and if you'll let me stay on Packerrats, I'll tell you who it was!"

run pMc
06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Confused -- are we arguing over which posters are GBP fans or if DD would be called back if the injury bug hit the GB WR corps?

-- If you're posting, you're probably a fan.

-- If [God forbid] Cobb, Nelson and Jones all went down, I doubt TT would call DD...McCarthy would go with 2 TE sets and hope Boykin, Ross and the rookies step up, and lean more on the running game or short passes to the RB's. Either way, losing 2 of the top 3 WR's would probably take a small miracle to make the playoffs and TT would take advantage of picking higher in the draft order.
Bringing Driver back wouldn't help much -- he has trouble separating at this point and he couldn't get on the field last year. Love the guy, but he's done. TT will go with youth.

mraynrand
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
-- If [God forbid] Cobb, Nelson and Jones all went down, I doubt TT would call DD...McCarthy would go with 2 TE sets and hope Boykin, Ross and the rookies step up, and lean more on the running game or short passes to the RB's. Either way, losing 2 of the top 3 WR's would probably take a small miracle to make the playoffs and TT would take advantage of picking higher in the draft order.
Bringing Driver back wouldn't help much -- he has trouble separating at this point and he couldn't get on the field last year. Love the guy, but he's done. TT will go with youth.

Why are you a disloyal GBP fan? Why do you hate Donald Driver? When did you stop beating your wife?

Upnorth
06-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Confused -- are we arguing over which posters are GBP fans or if DD would be called back if the injury bug hit the GB WR corps?

-- If you're posting, you're probably a fan.

Good thought full analysis, if you can show us your papers and tell us your recent pro packer activities you may be let off with a stern warning.

Iron Mike
06-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I've got a whippet.

I used to have some too......but then I decided to keep what brain cells I have left.

http://0.tqn.com/d/teenhealth/1/0/w/-/-/-/whippet.jpg

Iron Mike
06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
whippet good!

http://thedevilsauction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/john-Wayne-DEVO.jpg

Bwahahahahaaaaa!!!

Iron Mike
06-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Would our receiving core be THAT desperate?

*corps

You can't be a true Packers fan unless you know the difference between core, corps and corpse......right, woody???

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 09:29 AM
*corps

You can't be a true Packers fan unless you know the difference between core, corps and corpse......right, woody???

In terms of Donald Driver we might say that it was obvious before last season that his 'core' muscle development was extraordinary (scenes from Dancing With The Stars) and that certainly won over Packer HC Mike McCarthy.

As the 2012 season progressed it seemed like he represented our WR core, rather like like 'a corpse'.

If we introduce the word 'corps' into the discussion. We might become dangerously close to some paramilitary speak. A step away from possibly naming/exposing some Packerrats as not simply totally focused Packer fans; but rather agenda organized 'red neck' oppressive dominating brow beaters with strong Nazi leanings.

Therefore we must be very cautious of the words/language we choose here at Packerrats. Certain sensitivities are evidently omnipresent and therefore that must be acknowledged and respected.