PDA

View Full Version : So... Aaron Hernandez

Pages : 1 [2]

gbgary
04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
not the gansta, he wanted everyone to think he was, after all.

BZnDallas
04-19-2017, 11:06 AM
OK, I'll say it. He was murdered. At least that's what I originally thought. No big loss to society.

pbmax
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Something very odd happened to this kid in what publicly seems like the space of 10 years (actually less).

He lost his father while he was in high school. I wonder if that not so much precipitated his decline but removed someone he could rely on to control it. He went south very quickly after this (father died of complications due to surgery when he was 16).

Radio is all over the map on this guy today, engaging in hoary stereotype after hoary stereotype. Both Dan Patrick and his producer Pabst made mention of his tough upbringing. When they actually had a guest on who knew his story (Tom Curran) it was pointed out that he had a thoroughly middle class childhood with two parents living and siblings.

And he was charming enough to sway Robert Kraft and the team to give him that contract. This was after a shady record at Florida that saw him leave school early in a decision that seemed to be applauded by both the player and the college. His behavior in college was the reason he dropped in that draft.

I would not be stunned if he had mental health issues predating all these things.

Its a terrible story that has taken a huge toll on a lot of families.

gbgary
04-19-2017, 11:27 AM
he was bully and a thug. we all knew guys like that growing up. on top of that he got the special treatment that star athletes get so he was used to getting his way with no consequences.

KYPack
04-19-2017, 03:51 PM
OK, I'll say it. He was murdered. At least that's what I originally thought. No big loss to society. Why do you think that, BZ?

Just askin' & all.

Joemailman
04-19-2017, 04:00 PM
The timing of this does seem strange. He hangs himself a few days after being acquitted on a double murder change. His attorney was preparing to appeal his conviction in the Odin Lloyd murder. Seems like a strange time for him to commit suicide.

gbgary
04-19-2017, 04:34 PM
reportedly had a bible verse written on his head.

Vincenzo
04-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Something very odd happened to this kid in what publicly seems like the space of 10 years (actually less).

He lost his father while he was in high school. I wonder if that not so much precipitated his decline but removed someone he could rely on to control it. He went south very quickly after this (father died of complications due to surgery when he was 16).

Radio is all over the map on this guy today, engaging in hoary stereotype after hoary stereotype. Both Dan Patrick and his producer Pabst made mention of his tough upbringing. When they actually had a guest on who knew his story (Tom Curran) it was pointed out that he had a thoroughly middle class childhood with two parents living and siblings.

And he was charming enough to sway Robert Kraft and the team to give him that contract. This was after a shady record at Florida that saw him leave school early in a decision that seemed to be applauded by both the player and the college. His behavior in college was the reason he dropped in that draft.

I would not be stunned if he had mental health issues predating all these things.

Its a terrible story that has taken a huge toll on a lot of families.

Interesting. Well put.
There's usually a story behind troubled souls like Hernandez. The saddest thing of all is his missed opportunity in life.

Joemailman
04-19-2017, 06:51 PM
reportedly had a bible verse written on his head.

John 3:16. Reportedly, authorities looking into possibility Hernandez may have taken synthetic marijuana. There have been cases of people taking the stuff reporting suicidal thoughts.

Guiness
04-19-2017, 07:52 PM
The timing of this does seem strange. He hangs himself a few days after being acquitted on a double murder change. His attorney was preparing to appeal his conviction in the Odin Lloyd murder. Seems like a strange time for him to commit suicide.

The spin I saw on it was that his motive for killing Lloyd was that he was afraid he'd crack and spill the beans on the double murder. Once he got off on that charge, he got depressed when he realized he would be free if he hadn't done that. *shrug*

pbmax
04-20-2017, 03:13 PM
John 3:16. Reportedly, authorities looking into possibility Hernandez may have taken synthetic marijuana. There have been cases of people taking the stuff reporting suicidal thoughts.

I don't remember that translation of John 3:16

https://joelmunte.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/john_316_031.jpg

Joemailman
04-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I don't remember that translation of John 3:16

We Catholics are sometimes accused of taking liberties with Bible verses.

BZnDallas
04-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Why do you think that, BZ?

Just askin' & all.

That was my original thought KY. Joe said a lot of why, the timing was oddly curious. Apparently Maryland law says his conviction is overturned if he dies before an appeal is heard. If his contract is unvoided and his daughter gets his money, I can see that as motive for hanging himself. If he had any chance of winning his appeal it is very strange timing.

gbgary
04-21-2017, 09:28 AM
That was my original thought KY. Joe said a lot of why, the timing was oddly curious. Apparently Maryland law says his conviction is overturned if he dies before an appeal is heard. If his contract is unvoided and his daughter gets his money, I can see that as motive for hanging himself. If he had any chance of winning his appeal it is very strange timing.

there's not going to be much left after the civil suits are settled.

BZnDallas
04-21-2017, 09:46 AM
there's not going to be much left after the civil suits are settled.

Only time will tell. I was just speculating.

Guiness
04-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Only time will tell. I was just speculating.

I've seen that same speculation in other places - this was a way to get his girlfriend and daughter some money. Hard to tell who will be first in line for whatever is left. His lawyer is also making rumblings about looking into his death, he sees more billable hours I'm sure.

Does anyone know how the payment of his bonuses from the Patriots worked out? There were some unpaid amounts that were 'guaranteed', including a deferred part of his signing bonus, and the team was trying to get out of paying them.

KYPack
04-21-2017, 10:20 AM
This deal is so goofy, it's tough to sort out in your mind.

I'm gonna compromise by forgetting the whole thing.

gbgary
04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
the $ go to the daughter thing...http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/all-that-and-a-bag-of-mail-042117

BZnDallas
04-21-2017, 11:14 AM
the $ go to the daughter thing...http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/all-that-and-a-bag-of-mail-042117

Apparently there is verbiage in the contract with N.E. that says any legal trouble that makes Aaron unavailable to the team could void portions of his contract.

Like I said it was just speculation. And with the possible motive, who knows what he had going through his head at the time.

The timing is still curious for me.

gbgary
04-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Apparently there is verbiage in the contract with N.E. that says any legal trouble that makes Aaron unavailable to the team could void portions of his contract.

Like I said it was just speculation. And with the possible motive, who knows what he had going through his head at the time.

The timing is still curious for me.

for sure.