PDA

View Full Version : So... Aaron Hernandez

Pages : [1] 2

denverYooper
06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-aaron-hernandez-likely-to-be-arrested/

1.) Investigated in connection to a body found near his house
2.) Involved in a separate investigation for shooting a dude in the face outside of a nightclub
3.) Connected to "two other incidents involving guns and police"

He's turning out to be a sloppier version of Marvin Harrison.

woodbuck27
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130620/aaron-hernandez-new-details/

Thurs. June 20, 2013 12:48 PM

Source: Patriots' Hernandez likely to be arrested

By Greg Bedard and Pete Thamel

BOSTON --

" New details surfaced late Wednesday night further tying Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez to the investigation of a homicide of a Boston man. Hernandez's involvement in the case is significant enough that a source with knowledge of the investigation said that Hernandez's arrest is likely. It is not yet known what he would be charged with.

Boston's Fox 25 News, citing an anonymous source, reported on Wednesday night that forensic evidence linked a vehicle driven by Aaron Hernandez at the crime scene. The television station also reported that Hernandez was with the homicide victim, Odin Lloyd, at a Boston bar the night of his death. A jogger found Lloyd's body in an industrial park a mile from Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass., home on Monday." Fr. LINK above

Please click on the LINK above for the entire story.

swede
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
What's his .40 time?

I'd need to see the all .22 before I could be sure about him.

KYPack
06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Goof left a lot of evidence connecting him to the crime.

The guy's body was left in the trunk of Hernandez' renta car.

Guy should have focused on football.

He'd never be a master criminal.

denverYooper
06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
What's his .40 time?

Repped

red
06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
seems like a hell of a nice guy

denverYooper
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM

That's the thing that fascinates me about it. He's apparently really bad at crime.

He should form a club with Sam Hurd.

Guiness
06-20-2013, 02:13 PM
So...NE goes from two pro-bowl TEs to one coming off 2 back surgeries this offseason and one who will likely spend the coming season discussing defense strategies...

Did Marvin Harrison ever get charged with anything?

Fritz
06-20-2013, 02:44 PM
I believe he was found guilty of stupidity in the second degree.

KYPack
06-20-2013, 02:57 PM
So...NE goes from two pro-bowl TEs to one coming off 2 back surgeries this offseason and one who will likely spend the coming season discussing defense strategies...

Did Marvin Harrison ever get charged with anything?

Nah.

Harrison got him a Philadelphia lawyer and the whole case just went away.

Old School
06-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Word has it that the security system at his home has been destroyed, and he's stopped co-operating with police. Doesn't sound good.

smuggler
06-20-2013, 03:07 PM
He's already guilty of obstruction of justice and (at the very least) being an accessory to murder after-the-fact. He had a cleaning crew wipe his home and he destroyed his security system in his home before the police could execute their warrant for search.

Even if he skates on everything else (not likely at all) he's still looking at a minimum 3 year suspension from the league, judging by Goodell's past suspensions.

pbmax
06-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Aaron Hernandez Scouting Report

Strength: good hands, strong, deadly accurate, a plus for a multi-weapon attack

Weakness: occasional misfires, hothead, YAC could be problem (Years After Conviction)

pbmax
06-20-2013, 03:08 PM
He's already guilty of obstruction of justice and (at the very least) being an accessory to murder after-the-fact. He had a cleaning crew wipe his home and he destroyed his security system in his home before the police could execute their warrant for search.

Wonder who the Winston Wolf is of Greater Boston.

wpony
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Weakness: occasional misfires, hothead, YAC could be problem (Years After Conviction)

LOL I love that one . You know with all the stupidity we see now a days they should add one more category to the combines criminal aptitude :)

Joemailman
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
What's his .40 time?

I think he has a 30-30 chance of beating the rap.

MadtownPacker
06-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I wish Finley had a killer instinct.

Guiness
06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Word has it that the security system at his home has been destroyed, and he's stopped co-operating with police. Doesn't sound good.

The quote at PFT is that his house was not just cleaned, it was 'scrubbed'. He also destroyed his cell phone, apparently giving the police a baggie with the pieces - although I suspect phone company records will still contain any SMS messages.

wist43
06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I remember reading a story about Hernandez before the draft the year he came out - said he had a low IQ and was a punk. Bad combination.

woodbuck27
06-20-2013, 05:42 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-destroyed-home-security-system-phone-sources/story?id=19445131#.UcOD6GJzakA

"The revelations come as multiple sources tell ABC News that the star NFL player has not been ruled out as a suspect in the murder of a semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, 27, who was Hernandez's friend.

Hernandez has been at the center of the investigation since Lloyd's body was found shot in the back of the head in a scrubby clearing of an industrial park roughly a mile from the Patriots star's million-dollar mansion in North Attleborough Monday.

Police believe Lloyd was killed between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday, but his well dressed body was not found until 5:30 p.m. by a teenage jogger, several law enforcement sources told ABC News on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case." Fr. LINK above

RashanGary
06-20-2013, 05:53 PM

:lol:

gbgary
06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
What's his .40 time?

lol

gbgary
06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I remember reading a story about Hernandez before the draft the year he came out - said he had a low IQ and was a punk. Bad combination.

but all too common.

Tony Oday
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Cmon this is a frameup. Phone fell and shattered into a thousand pieces. Security system wouldn't sop beeping at night so he smashed it. Sunday was Game of Thrones party at the house and they reenacted the red wedding with fruit punch and it had to be scrubbed up and the dead guy didn't return the car to Enterprise with a full tank and got what was coming to him per the contract.

RashanGary
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM

lmfao. . . . Why is this shit so funny? It really shouldn't be.

swede
06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
The quote at PFT is that his house was not just cleaned, it was 'scrubbed'. He also destroyed his cell phone, apparently giving the police a baggie with the pieces - although I suspect phone company records will still contain any SMS messages.

How dumb is that? "Ha ha! I broke my phone! Now you don't know who I called!"

One e-mail to the NSA and we'll know who he called, when he called, how long he called, what his last ten months of Facebook updates were, and what color Under Armour he ordered from Eastbay.

Joemailman
06-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Does this mean Tebow is switching to Tight End?

King Friday
06-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe Tebow was brought in to preach to the locker room?

Guiness
06-20-2013, 11:28 PM

Add to that "and is a millionaire". Toronto had a situation like that with Roberto Alomar for a few years, he was definitely a rich dumb punk. Luckily, he was more funny than dangerous, rumour has it that he liked getting pros up to his room (he lived at the stadium motel) and tell them to, quote, "pray at his temple" lol

pbmax
06-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Wilde Tweeted today asking of anyone felt different about Finley's occasional unscripted bouts of verbosity given the Pats TE situation. He didn't answer back when I suggested we would know for sure if his alleged Baby Mama starts Tweeting again.

denverYooper
06-21-2013, 06:23 AM

Even if he skates on everything else (not likely at all) he's still looking at a minimum 3 year suspension from the league, judging by Goodell's past suspensions.

Good call. One charge down (obstruction): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/report-hernandez-to-be-charged-with-obstruction-of-justice/related/

woodbuck27
06-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Does this mean Tebow is switching to Tight End?

No... he's an NFL QB.

He's peaceful, a team player...intelligent. He tries to recall where he parked his vehicle.

He doesn't carry a weapon.

He loves his cell phone and loves to be on camera.

He's industrious and cleans his own digs.

denverYooper
06-21-2013, 08:01 AM
No... he's an NFL QB.

He's peaceful, a team player...intelligent. He tries to recall where he parked his vehicle.

Repped for perhaps the best Tebow bio ever written.

denverYooper
06-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Doug Farrar raises parallels to Ray Lewis:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-hernandez-case-starting-look-lot-ray-lewis-124753962.html

woodbuck27
06-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Repped for perhaps the best Tebow bio ever written.

Well Thank You sir.

By the way denverYooper on NFL Access their mentioning Mr. Tebow and a possibility he might 'in fact' be given a shot to audition as a new Patriot TE.

He better first consult with his Pastor. I'm not sure that TE and good karma go together.

denverYooper
06-21-2013, 08:22 AM

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/06/21/drafting-hernandez-was-always-risk-reward-proposition-for-patriots/3HWjGvTSTOOOs5BtpvFDcJ/story.html

pbmax
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/06/21/drafting-hernandez-was-always-risk-reward-proposition-for-patriots/3HWjGvTSTOOOs5BtpvFDcJ/story.html

Who knew Connecticut had shadowy friends? I thought they were all bankers who worked in New York.

PFT had two GMs talk about his scouting report and one took him off the board. The stories there were the same as in this Globe article. He was questioned about a shooting while at Florida and he refused to talk. Was suspended for a game for a failed drug test but the suspension was usually a step taken after multiple test failures. One of those GMs said he would have failed anywhere from 3-6 tests to get suspended.

Fritz
06-21-2013, 08:49 AM
If Jolly got a three year suspension for being a dumb ass and drinking purple juice, what does this rate?

Oh, wait, I forgot. It's the NFL, where taking illegal drugs is bad, but being involved in a murder is okay, as long as you can dodge the system. See Lewis, Ray.

If the coppers and the judicial system don't get Hernandez, Goodell will welcome him back to the NFL with open arms.

But I don't know how Belichek feels about character, although he seems like the type that doesn't care if you murdered a baby as long as you can help him win football games. But if Belichek does cut him, then Hernandez will likely end up in Detroit or Cinci, where he'll fit right in.

cheesner
06-21-2013, 09:32 AM
If Jolly got a three year suspension for being a dumb ass and drinking purple juice, what does this rate?

Oh, wait, I forgot. It's the NFL, where taking illegal drugs is bad, but being involved in a murder is okay, as long as you can dodge the system. See Lewis, Ray.

If the coppers and the judicial system don't get Hernandez, Goodell will welcome him back to the NFL with open arms.

But I don't know how Belichek feels about character, although he seems like the type that doesn't care if you murdered a baby as long as you can help him win football games. But if Belichek does cut him, then Hernandez will likely end up in Detroit or Cinci, where he'll fit right in.Jolly was going to prison. Whether Goodell suspended him or not, he wasn't going to be available.

Hernandez doesn't sound very bright. How you throw away a $40M contract in order to act and be a tough guy, I don't know. Seems like he has the mentality of a 14 year old and I doubt he was able to get rid of all the evidence.

They already have the neighbors surveillance video, police should be able to see the rental car drive off and then Hernandez walking back home 10 mins later. I'm not sure what the smashing of the cell phone is about. I'm sure the police have a subpoena with Verizon already. Did he take the cell with when he dropped the body? Was it far enough to ping another cell tower - showing he was in the rental car when it left? Is he smart enough to know how to discard a gun? That shit is in a lot of movies, he probably was able to figure that out.

Okay rats, lets draw straws. We get 10 of us together, one of us confesses, Hernandez gives each of us $1M. One of us has to sit in jail for 5-7 years. Who's in?

KYPack
06-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Jolly was going to prison. Whether Goodell suspended him or not, he wasn't going to be available.

Hernandez doesn't sound very bright. How you throw away a $40M contract in order to act and be a tough guy, I don't know. Seems like he has the mentality of a 14 year old and I doubt he was able to get rid of all the evidence.

They already have the neighbors surveillance video, police should be able to see the rental car drive off and then Hernandez walking back home 10 mins later. I'm not sure what the smashing of the cell phone is about. I'm sure the police have a subpoena with Verizon already. Did he take the cell with when he dropped the body? Was it far enough to ping another cell tower - showing he was in the rental car when it left? Is he smart enough to know how to discard a gun? That shit is in a lot of movies, he probably was able to figure that out.

Okay rats, lets draw straws. We get 10 of us together, one of us confesses, Hernandez gives each of us $1M. One of us has to sit in jail for 5-7 years. Who's in?

I'd say we use Mad.

He'd look like a "Hernandez", for sure.

Is Hernandez a Mexican or is he from the Puerto Rican faction of the Hernandez clan?

cheesner
06-21-2013, 10:16 AM
I'd say we use Mad.

Is Hernandez a Mexican or is he from the Puerto Rican faction of the Hernandez clan?Not looking for a 'look-a-like'. We will get the details though Hernandez's lawyers, then we draw straws, and one of us 'confesses' blending himself in to the facts we got. If Hernandez dropped the gun in a storm drain, for example, that would be a part of the confession and the cops confirm the story by finding the gun.

But if your motive is to incarcerate a Hispanic and make money, then I see no problem with that. Mad it is.

Fritz
06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Jolly was going to prison. Whether Goodell suspended him or not, he wasn't going to be available.

You're being rather brutal on the fourteen year olds of this country.

I'd say he's got the brains of a fetus.

cheesner
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
You're being rather brutal on the fourteen year olds of this country.

I'd say he's got the brains of a fetus.

Did a quick survey of 14 year olds and here is what I got:

http://images.travelpod.com/tripwow/photos/ta-00be-7f46-ba3d/gang-bangers-philadelphia-united-states+1152_12918389506-tpfil02aw-16427.jpg eTron:"Hernandez be a tupid biatch"

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/9b618410d4ecf2ba0d8b2106ae9857b9/l.jpg

Little Q: "Dat Hernandez a stupid ass poopy head." (I could not confirm he was 14 - I think he was lying)

http://torontoist.com/attachments/toronto_david/realtoronto_1.jpg#CHICAGO%20GANG%20BANGERS%20640x4 74

Malcolm Z: "It be kin der bitches. Hernandez be fucked with da stupidity up iz ass."

There you have it Fritz, you were right. Even 14 year olds know that Hernandez is stupid.

Cheesehead Craig
06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
40 oz bottles for $2? Damn, where that at?

cheesner
06-21-2013, 10:55 AM
South Central. Its not as good a deal as you think. You give em the $2 and they give you the bottle - empty. Its another $5 to have it filled. Another $3 and its pure beer - no piss.

Upnorth
06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
I do believe that page one of this thread is the greatest collection of pun humor packerrats has ever seen.

MadtownPacker
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I'd say we use Mad.

Is Hernandez a Mexican or is he from the Puerto Rican faction of the Hernandez clan?Lets do that! Anyways I will have a rental car waiting for your ass. Hurtz Car Rental company, extra large trunks for extra fat punks!

I think island Brownies use the Hernandes. S at the end.

MadtownPacker
06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
But if your motive is to incarcerate a Hispanic and make money, then I see no problem with that. Mad it is.So nice to be needed...

MadtownPacker
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah look at what it is. That Hurricane shit is the Nighttrain/Thunderbird of beers.

hoosier
06-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Hernandez is innocent, clear as day. Can't anyone see that?

hoosier
06-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Tebow framed him.

hoosier
06-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I'd say we use Mad.

Is Hernandez a Mexican or is he from the Puerto Rican faction of the Hernandez clan?

Aaron is one of those hot blooded Puertoricans.

mraynrand
06-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Hernandez is innocent, clear as day. Can't anyone see that?

Ray Lewis can

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Not looking for a 'look-a-like'. We will get the details though Hernandez's lawyers, then we draw straws, and one of us 'confesses' blending himself in to the facts we got. If Hernandez dropped the gun in a storm drain, for example, that would be a part of the confession and the cops confirm the story by finding the gun.

But if your motive is to incarcerate a Hispanic and make money, then I see no problem with that. Mad it is.

Damn that's almost brilliant. You've just created a brand new scenario for a 'new movie' script. Their running out of ideas. So get pen to paper and submit that for some decent cash. You'll need an agent.

Mad might even double for the main actor when it gets down to the really rough stuff. No forget that as then he might become too famous for Packerrats.

Is Andy Garcia now too old for the lead part?

cheesner
06-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Damn that's almost brilliant. You've just created a brand new scenario for a 'new movie' script. Their running out of ideas. So get pen to paper and submit that for some decent cash. You'll need an agent.
Thanks! Are you an agent or do you know one?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/21/tight-end-aaron-hernandez-homicide/2441631/

Marsha Martin, a cousin, said she continues to hope that the person responsible for the killing will be apprehended, and she asked the public for help.

"If you know something, say something," she said. "We don't want Odin to have died in vain."

Odin's purpose in life was apparently to catch a killer.

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks! Are you an agent or do you know one?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/21/tight-end-aaron-hernandez-homicide/2441631/

Odin's purpose in life was apparently to catch a killer.

You need an agent that's rather familiar with the Spanish culture. I'm rather a poetic / romantic Irish Canadian. I have an ear for good music and may I help out with your casting call with a production idea.

You need a good bar scene inserted into your movie script and an ala Peter Gunn girlfriend bartender and singing leading lady. Let me see... OK I'm getting it 'a flashback'... 'a Rita Moreno type' keeping with the Spanish theme 'of course'.

Can't you see it now or have you!? The sexy sultry Spanish songstress singing the great song 'Fever' and backed on the drum kit by someone as talented as, if not more classy than 'Animal'. Maybe you recall this famous scene as an example of the ingredient of depth for your movie script.

The bar scene. Duplicated but never exactly imitated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_IpgKzy75E&feature=player_embedded

mraynrand
06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
"We don't want Odin to have died in vain."

Why didn't Thor intervene??

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/gty_aaron_hernandez_ll_130618_wg.jpghttp://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/the-avengers/1/16/Loki.jpg

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Police are all wrapped up in the case still questioning the jogger. Who authorities insist is the primary suspect:

http://fromrussianwithlove.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/monica-bellucci-vogue1.jpg

http://11even.net/wp-content/uploads/Monica-Bellucci-in-Dolce-Gabbana-for-Vogue-Italia-0.jpg

She's been on a steady diet of pepsi and egg salad sandwich's this week; after using her only call for pizza.

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 07:48 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/22/police-search-providence-strip-club-as-part-of-odin-lloyd-murder-investigation/

"According to the Boston Herald, police searched a Providence, Rhode Island strip club on Friday with one of three new warrants that had been obtained. Gerry DiSanto, owner of Club Desire, said he didn’t know what police were looking for." From LINK above

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/2013/02/06/51299-strippers-granted-to-receive-unemployment-benefits-by-kansas-supreme-c.jpg

and ........

They've been looking and searching and planning and playing for days now. Hardly coming out for light; not leaving a stone unturned. Sherlock Holmes would be envious.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Strippers-vs-werewolves-still-1.jpg

Homicide Detective Inspectors Perry Moran and Frances Doherty told the Local FOX Forum News:

" We're looking...checking it all out very carefully." Then added ...

" Would you grab us both a burger and a shake? "

woodbuck27
06-22-2013, 08:11 PM
"Sure I did" Aaron Hernandez claimed... "sure I had to clean up."

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa261/SoCalSolder/strippers.jpg?t=1192818952

"Sooo....what's the big deal around here?"

George Cumby
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Why didn't Thor intervene??

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/gty_aaron_hernandez_ll_130618_wg.jpghttp://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/the-avengers/1/16/Loki.jpg

Soooooooooo..... Hernandez is Loki?

woodbuck27
06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/06/21/a-brief-guide-to-the-homicide-investigation-thats-engulfed-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez/

A Brief Guide to the Homicide Investigation That’s Engulfed Patriots Tight End Aaron Hernandez

Trying to make sense of the drama surrounding the New England football star? We've got answers for all the burning questions.

By Eric Dodds @ doddsef June 21, 2013

Since then or Friday 21 June 2013:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/22/police-return-to-aaron-hernandez-home/2448991/

Police spend nearly 4 hours at Aaron Hernandez's home Saturday

Staff report, USA TODAY Sports 8:55 p.m. EDT Saturday June 22, 2013

and the latest today, Sunday 23 June 2013

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9412855/police-search-home-new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez

Aaron Hernandez's home searched

Comment woodbuck27:

Complete with other video's including comments by Legal Analyst Roger Cossack; and what may be the impact of this story RE: Aaron Hernandez on New England's Offense and CAP space. Also ... has the Miami Dolphins 'Off Season' progress closed the gap between the Dolphins and Dolphins?

Updated: Sunday June 23, 2013, 10:48 AM ET ... ESPN.com news services

smuggler
06-25-2013, 06:54 AM
The timeline puts him at the scene of an execution style slaying. If he wasn't the triggerman, he may have given the order, at the least he was an accomplice. Then he did all the evidence tampering.

mraynrand
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Also ... has the Miami Dolphins 'Off Season' progress closed the gap between the Dolphins and Dolphins?

inquiring minds want to know

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
inquiring minds want to know

In my analysis the New England Patriots have slipped this off season. The Pat's certainly have a concern at the TE position.

Did the Miami Dolphins do enough to close the gap? That's going to be up to the Miami Dolphins. It's a pure wait and see.

MJZiggy
06-25-2013, 06:53 PM
inquiring minds want to know Not to change the subject AGAIN, but love the new avatar, dear.

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 07:53 PM
In my analysis the New England Patriots have slipped this off season. The Pat's certainly have a concern at the TE position.

Did the Miami Dolphins do enough to close the gap? That's going to be up to the Miami Dolphins. It's a pure wait and see.

I'm thinking as all this Aaron Hernandez stuff is going that we might see 34 year old FA TE Dallas Clark in a NE Pat's uniform soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Clark

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9422709/aaron-hernandez-case-judge-seals-investigation-documents

Records sealed in Hernandez probe

Updated: June 25, 2013, 6:58 PM ET ... ESPN.com news services

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/25/4463932/aaron-hernandez-investigation-patriots-release

Patriots likely feel 'betrayed' by Aaron Hernandez

By: Mark Sandritter on Jun 25 2013, 4:35 PM

and......

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/aaron.hernandez1.jpeg

Pic of 4 days ago (** from internet site article):

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/aaron-hernandez-murder-investigation-no-warrant-police/

So, There Actually Isn’t A Warrant Out For Aaron Hernandez’s Arrest

Note: ** ESPN has reported that there will be one for obstruction of justice, re: the homicide investigation.

by Matt Rudnitsky | 10:50 am, June 21st, 2013

** ESPN Article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9409826/police-issue-arrest-warrant-aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-reports-abc-news

ABC: Hernandez warrant coming

Updated: June 24, 2013, 6:19 PM ET

MadScientist
06-26-2013, 09:40 AM
He's been cuffed and stuffed.

More surprisingly he has been released:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/patriots-release-aaron-hernandez/

Guiness
06-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Some pretty big salary cap ramifications with his release. As it stands, they take at least a $7.5M hit for 2014, maybe as much as $8.6 and $4M for 2013. They'll likely try to recover at least part of that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/pats-will-take-at-least-a-7-5-million-cap-charge-for-hernandez-in-2014/

In almost related news, a Brown's rookie has been charged with attempted murder!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22533838/report-browns-rookie-lb-charged-with-attempted-murder-

K-town
06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
The Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez following his arrest this morning.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9424056/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-arrested

I wonder of the Pats will try to get any of the signing bonus back. Was there a conduct clause in his contract?

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
He's been cuffed and stuffed.

More surprisingly he has been released:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/patriots-release-aaron-hernandez/

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19152123-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-arrested-team-drops-him?lite

Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez arrested; team drops him

By: Elizabeth Chuck, Staff Writer, NBC News .... Wed. AM ... 26 June 2013

" New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested Wednesday morning, more than a week after a body was found near his home in Massachusetts.

Hernandez, 23, was placed in handcuffs and put in a police cruiser just before 9 a.m. on Wednesday by Massachusetts State Police and North Attleborough police." Fr. LINK above

Please click on LINK above for the entire story.

denverYooper
06-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Hey guys, I heard the Pats released Hernandez!

Guiness
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
From the reports, they didn't give him any leeway at all. Didn't give him an opportunity to turn himself in, just showing up and arresting him. He was also cuffed with no shirt on, and they just pulled a t-shirt over his head and arms (which were cuffed behind his back).

Methinks they're damn pissed about the destroying of the evidence.

denverYooper
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
From the reports, they didn't give him any leeway at all. Didn't give him an opportunity to turn himself in, just showing up and arresting him. He was also cuffed with no shirt on, and they just pulled a t-shirt over his head and arms (which were cuffed behind his back).

Methinks they're damn pissed about the destroying of the evidence.

They were probably more pissed that the idiot caused such a huge problem for their beloved Patriots.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Some pretty big salary cap ramifications with his release. As it stands, they take at least a $7.5M hit for 2014, maybe as much as $8.6 and $4M for 2013. They'll likely try to recover at least part of that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/pats-will-take-at-least-a-7-5-million-cap-charge-for-hernandez-in-2014/

In almost related news, a Brown's rookie has been charged with attempted murder!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22533838/report-browns-rookie-lb-charged-with-attempted-murder-

Re: The Pat's and their former TE Aaron Hernandez:

This is a bold and smart 'no nonsense' move by the New England Patriots that have the power to know a lot more about this case then the general public and media.

From the news release this part is significant:

" The broader question, which we’ll address separately, is that the Patriots made this move without caring about the financial or cap consequences." FR. ***

*** http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/pats-will-take-at-least-a-7-5-million-cap-charge-for-hernandez-in-2014/

Comment woodbuck27:

What almost seems lost in this story is that this involves a murder investigation. This involves allegations of past misconduct on behalf of Aaron Hernandez; but it got much worse for Aaron Hernandez. A man he was in the company of, 27 year old Odin Lloyd. Died brutally, within a short window of time from Aaron Hernandez's time with Odin Lloyd.

Aaron Hernandez, as of this time hasn't been named as a suspect in the Odin Lloyd murder case.

It was strongly rumored that Aaron Hernandez would be arrested for a charge of obstruction of justice.

This morning at a reported time of around 8:47 AM ET. After more than (9) days after the discovery of Odin Lloyd's body. After much police activity in and around Aaron Hernandez's property. Aaron Hernandez was arrested.

Aaron Hernandez wasn't informed by his legal team that he would 'in fact' be arrested. His legal team was left out of the loop in this arrest. This 'if indeed a fact' could have serious legal implications for Aaron Hernandez. Specifically in terms of the arrest appearing to be an arrest for more than obstruction of justice. Otherwise why was Aaron Hernandez not formally prepared for this arrest.

Within a very short time after that arrest. The New England Patriots released Aaron Hernandez. Were the New England Patriots informed that Aaron Hernandez would be arrested? At this time the answer to that would be just a guess.

So what's next?

Aaron Hernandez has been processed and he'll soon be arraigned in court and formally charged.

hoosier
06-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey guys, I heard the Pats released Hernandez!

What do think the chances are TT kicks the old tires on this one?

Guiness
06-26-2013, 11:10 AM

*Guiness scans horizon* Who's that out in left field?
MJZiggy responds "It's Hoosier, dear"

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 11:16 AM

ZERO.

ZERO X's ZERO.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 11:20 AM

ahh hoosier your off the hook.

Your small 'h' name was spelled incorrectly.

I'm sure that you are 'a Dear'. Your Packerrats 'legal team' has your back. :lol:

hoosier
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM

Did I forget to attach the sarcasm icon to my post? :-)

The Pats's quick trigger in releasing him = strategy for recouping part of signing bonus before it all finds its way into his defense teams pockets.

Smidgeon
06-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey, guys and gals. I hate to be the one to drop the bombshell, but the Patriots just released Hernandez.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 11:44 AM

The Pats's quick trigger in releasing him = strategy for recouping part of signing bonus before it all finds its way into his defense teams pockets.

Redemption is sweet.

ThunderDan
06-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Better bring him in. He averages over 11 yards per catch and a TD every 10 catches.

Fritz
06-26-2013, 11:59 AM
If he ever sees the football field again, it likely will be in a prison yard.

Not sounding good. But, of course, innocent til proven guilty and all that.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Let's determine what he's charged with!? It looks serious right now, based on the actual matter of the arrest; and his legal team left out of the loop and that arrest.

The police moved carefully and deliberately and it's got to be more than an obstruction of justice charge. It's going to be a serious charge.

Aaron Hernandez's arraignment is set for today ... Wed. 26 June, 2013 @ 2 PM EST

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 12:33 PM

Here's a statement from the new England Patriots fr. ***:

*** http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19152123-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-arrested-team-drops-him?lite

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do." a statement from the team (The New England Patriots) read.

Comment woodbuck27:

This isn't 'an idiot' or joking matter.

hoosier
06-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Speculation about the salary cap implications of cutting Hernandez, with the caveat that, if confused, be sure to cover all bases.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744788/cap-implications-of-cutting-hernandez

Last summer, the Patriots gave him a five-year contract worth $40 million. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. At this point, when looking solely at signing bonus and base salaries, Hernandez has earned $9.79 million of the extension.

His new salary-cap charge in 2013 is just over $5 million, an increase of about $1 million, league sources told ESPN. For 2014, that charge will be $7.5 million, which is the remaining pro-ration of his signing bonus.

It’s unclear what kind of communication, if any, the Patriots had with the NFL regarding Hernandez’s contract over the past nine days. By releasing Hernandez on Wednesday, the Patriots appear to have waived all rights to recoup any bonus money or salary through the CBA.

One other factor to consider: A club can recover bonus money and avoid a cap hit if a player violates one of the league's personal conduct policies or defaults on contract language. It’s possible the Patriots have talked to the NFL about this possibility, but that’s unknown at this point.

Pugger
06-26-2013, 01:06 PM

But not this kind of killer instinct. Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would become involved in a murder.

Pugger
06-26-2013, 01:09 PM
No... he's an NFL QB.

But his throwing mechanics suck. Maybe they can do something with him in NE.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Speculation about the salary cap implications of cutting Hernandez, with the caveat that, if confused, be sure to cover all bases.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744788/cap-implications-of-cutting-hernandez

Nice find hoosier.

We're about to find out what Aaron Hernandez will be charged with as he's now at the North Attleborough district court for his arraignment. It's now 2:09 EST and he may be arraigned as late as 2:15 PM. today.

The coverage on this matter at NFL Access is solid. They are reporting that Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend is at the court house. NFL Access is all over this.

The actual arrest at Aaron Hernandez's home this morning was quite a show of force with as many as seven (7) detectives present for that arrest. By now he's aware of the formal charges and he looked very somber being led into the court house.

Aaron Hernandez is about to learn from a judge just how tragic 'formally' his life has become.

Pugger
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Police are all wrapped up in the case still questioning the jogger. Who authorities insist is the primary suspect:

http://fromrussianwithlove.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/monica-bellucci-vogue1.jpg

http://11even.net/wp-content/uploads/Monica-Bellucci-in-Dolce-Gabbana-for-Vogue-Italia-0.jpg

She's been on a steady diet of pepsi and egg salad sandwich's this week; after using her only call for pizza.

I'd go on that diet in a heartbeat if it would make me look like that...

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I'd go on that diet in a heartbeat if it would make me look like that...

Pugger that's Monica Bellucci:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKdpxeHEgzWeE8qXBAPw6_N-t1Oco_q8omgNb6LHPOW6DZQ0Ly

Maybe? ... Eat a lot of grapes. drink less beer. Your Irish so that's tough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Bellucci

http://www.google.ca/search?gs_rn=18&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=8&gs_id=x&xhr=t&q=monica+bellucci&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48340889,d.aWM&biw=800&bih=376&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=HjPLUdrgAtTWrQGqy4DQCw

MadtownPacker
06-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Patriots cortan a Aaron Hernandez

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?storyId=1835641&src=desktop&cc=3888

MadtownPacker
06-26-2013, 01:38 PM
But not this kind of killer instinct. Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would become involved in a murder.The only thing Finley may end up killing is his career. :lol:

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Here's a statement from the new England Patriots fr. ***:

*** http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19152123-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-arrested-team-drops-him?lite

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do." a statement from the team (The New England Patriots) read.

Comment woodbuck27:

This isn't 'an idiot' or joking matter.

Aaron Hernandez will be charged with murder.

It sure looks like one of Aaron Hernandez's cohorts turned evidence against him. The prosecutions case against him is overwhelming in terms of his guilt.

He appears in terms of demeanor in court, like he's facing a shoplifting charge. He couldn't appear less concerned. He appears emotionless.

hoosier
06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Patriots cortan a Aaron Hernandez

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?storyId=1835641&src=desktop&cc=3888

Seamos directos: lo mandaron a la mierda.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Seamos directos: lo mandaron a la mierda.

Me parece hoy como si hubiera estado en una especie de infierno durante mucho tiempo.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Me parece hoy como si hubiera estado en una especie de infierno durante mucho tiempo.

It's clear now that the prosecutions contention is that Aaron Hernandez orchestrated the formal execution of Odin Lloyd. That Aaron Hernandez should now be charged with 1st Degree murder and be held over for trial without any provision for bail.

Aaron Hernandez's defense is now contending with the prosecutions case against their client and that any case against Aaron Hernandez in the murder of Odin Lloyd is based on purely circumstantial evidence. That Aaron Hernandez should be released to his home immediately under bail.

The judge is deliberating at present on the defenses contentions. The judge has ruled that Aaron Hernandez, in consideration that this is a 1st degree murder charge (amongst a total of six charges against Aaron Hernandez); be held over in jail for trial without bail. The other five (5) charges are all gun related.

The defense will contend formally with this 'no bail' judgement.

This young man has certainly shed a whole lot of darkness on his life. This is very sad for anyone who believed in him. He's now charged with a murder and will be deemed innocent until proven guilty. The case against him at first hand seem certainly to be circumstantial. it does appear now that Aaron hernandez was specifically instructed by his legal team to remain at his residence. As an arrest would be imminent and that the next step following that would be to seek bail, if in fact he was arraigned for any crime.

You get it first here at Packerrats.

Guiness
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, murder. Read a couple of things - Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancé. Has anyone else seen this? Also, when they deleted surveillance system footage, they missed a chunk, it shows someone getting out of the rental car with a gun.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow, murder. Read a couple of things - Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancé. Has anyone else seen this? Also, when they deleted surveillance system footage, they missed a chunk, it shows someone getting out of the rental car with a gun.

I've followed this story like a hawk on a field mouse 'G'.

The deceased victim of murder, Odin Lloyd, was dating the sister of the mother of Aaron Hernandez's child. It's not clear to me that the mother of Aaron Hernandez's child. Is the same girl friend that was in court supporting Aaron Hernandez today Guiness.

So far ... the position of a leading legal analyst (for NFL Access), Harvey Steinberg, is that the prosecution's case is entirely circumstantial.

Let the games begin!? Nope !!

Games over something as serious as the taking of another's life is very serious. It's truly sad news.

RashanGary
06-26-2013, 03:23 PM
The only thing Finley may end up killing is his career. :lol:

Suddenly I do feel a lot more forgiving of Jermichael Finley's moronicism. Hopefully he has a big year. I must admit, the Pats having Gronk back off surgery, letting Welker go after seasons of dicking him around on his contract and now one of their many high to mid-round character risks, busting in their face. . . . . It does feel like they are getting what they deserve.

Jimx29
06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Shit.....just get Ray Lewis's lawyer and he'll get off scott free from custody and charges before any trial

pbmax
06-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I think the problem with Bill Belichick is the people he associates with.

In 2010, Bill drafted Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez. Cunningham and Spikes have served 4 game suspensions according to this: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-latest-proof-new-england-patriots-have-lost-their-way-bill-belichick-chad-johnson-albert-haynesworth-062113

Spikes also was thought to have failed college drug tests like Hernandez.

So what bad influence do these players share with Belichick?

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/files/2009/11/belichick.jpg

pbmax
06-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Might not have been a money saving move to release Hernandez so quickly.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m
If you read the new CBA, Hernandez's guarantees can be voided because of a "forfeitable breach." My understanding: Pats cut him before that.

hoosier
06-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Might not have been a money saving move to release Hernandez so quickly.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m
If you read the new CBA, Hernandez's guarantees can be voided because of a "forfeitable breach." My understanding: Pats cut him before that.

I would think the breach would be the crime, not the charges. As long as he is eventually convicted I cannot see how murder could not fall under any moral misconduct clause.

pbmax
06-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I would think the breach would be the crime, not the charges. As long as he is eventually convicted I cannot see how murder could not fall under any moral misconduct clause.

But when the Patriots act to terminate the deal, they are operating under specific terms of the CBA including terms of the forfeiture. Those rules are locked into place at the time they waive him. Theoretically, another team could puck up the deal and then have the full range of options after he was charged, unavailable or found guilty. For the Pats, under the CBA, he was a man charged with a crime but not tried and not sanctioned by the League. So they only have protections that might apply to a player who was arrested.

They cannot after the fact claim protections they abandoned once they acted. This is, of course, assuming Rappaport is reading the CBA correctly, but it does make some sense.

My suspicion is that the Pats were glad to be out some money to be rid of him.

TravisWilliams23
06-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Holy Crap Batman!!!
Jeremy Schaap has Aaron Rodgers as the killer of Odin Lloyd!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CR2N-MizWZo

pbmax
06-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Holy Crap Batman!!!
Jeremy Schaap has Aaron Rodgers as the killer of Odin Lloyd!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CR2N-MizWZo

If distracted by court proceedings, I estimate that Rodgers under murder charges will cost the Packers 1-2 games this year.

3irty1
06-27-2013, 09:12 AM
So what, Rodgers has been getting away with murdering NFC North secondaries for years now.

3irty1
06-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Dream scenario for the Hernandez saga:

During the investigation it becomes clear that Hernandez has been juicing and roid rage played a factor in the murder. Goodell is soooooo fuuuckkkkkkked.

denverYooper
06-27-2013, 09:17 AM
So what, Rodgers has been getting away with murdering NFC North secondaries for years now.

HEY-YO!

If the Vikes stick Bish out there, it's going to be straight-up mayhem.

Cheesehead Craig
06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I think the problem with Bill Belichick is the people he associates with.

In 2010, Bill drafted Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez. Cunningham and Spikes have served 4 game suspensions according to this: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-latest-proof-new-england-patriots-have-lost-their-way-bill-belichick-chad-johnson-albert-haynesworth-062113

Spikes also was thought to have failed college drug tests like Hernandez.

So what bad influence do these players share with Belichick?

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/files/2009/11/belichick.jpg

PB with the cheap shot at Urban Meyer. Not that I disapprove or anything.

pbmax
06-27-2013, 10:12 AM
PB with the cheap shot at Urban Meyer. Not that I disapprove or anything.

It makes me long for the inevitable investigation into Alabama. College Football, NASCAR and Baseball have a lot in common.

Guiness
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Holy shit! Now he's being looked at for a double murder the year before!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/report-hernandez-is-being-investigated-for-july-2012-double-murder/

I wonder if they have anything or are just poking around? Dude could be a serial killer!

hoosier
06-27-2013, 11:04 AM
A one man crime wave. For a guy who is seemingly so inept at violent crime, it is surprising Hernandez was able to fly under the radar for so long. Next we will be reading about new discoveries linking him to one or more shootings in Gainesville.

Guiness
06-27-2013, 11:18 AM
A one man crime wave. For a guy who is seemingly so inept at violent crime, it is surprising Hernandez was able to fly under the radar for so long. Next we will be reading about new discoveries linking him to one or more shootings in Gainesville.

There's also the thing in Florida about shooting a guy in the face.

hoosier
06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
I know, that's what I mean about incompetent gangsters flying under the radar. How did that not become public earlier?

denverYooper
06-27-2013, 11:44 AM
I know, that's what I mean about incompetent gangsters flying under the radar. How did that not become public earlier?

It's good to be in the SEC.

denverYooper
06-27-2013, 11:48 AM
SEC: Go pro or go prison.

denverYooper
06-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Andrew Brandt: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130627/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-cap/

There are a lot of times I don't pay much attention to Brandt, but his breakdown of the costs involved in the Pats cutting Hernandez is better than I've seen elsewhere.

hoosier
06-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Anyone remember who is the Packer that Brandt is referring to?

Similarly, I remember once in Green Bay being notified of a player's serious encounter with the law, although not a murder charge. We looked at the information and decided, at that moment, that there was no way on God's green earth that the player would play for us again. The transaction/release was made soon after that.

Cheesehead Craig
06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Chmura?

Guiness
06-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Chmura?

possibly - he joined the Packers in '99, Chmura's arrest was in 2000. The only other player that might qualify in Corey Rodgers in 2005.

Here's a list of Packer's arrested back to 2000. Pretty short list!
http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/?appSession=56755516579377&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=&cpipage=1&CPISortType=&CPIorderBy=

hoosier
06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Yup, Chmura definitely is the only one who meets the never-on-Gods-green-earth standard!

I forgot about Marco Rivera getting busted for doing 95 in a 45 and then blowing a .19%. That had Albert Haynesworth potential right there.

MadScientist
06-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Andrew Brandt: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130627/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-cap/

There are a lot of times I don't pay much attention to Brandt, but his breakdown of the costs involved in the Pats cutting Hernandez is better than I've seen elsewhere.

The thing that bothers me about this is that the Pats will still likely have to pay this SOB over $6M (deferred bonus and guaranteed salary). He doesn't deserve it and neither do his lawyers. Sure some good chunk of it could go to the victim's family in a wrongful death suit, but the dead guy was clearly an associate of Hernandez, so was he really the kind of guy who was worth anything?

pbmax
06-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Yup, Chmura definitely is the only one who meets the never-on-Gods-green-earth standard!

I forgot about Marco Rivera getting busted for doing 95 in a 45 and then blowing a .19%. That had Albert Haynesworth potential right there.

Yeah, but Marco was TOUGH AS NAILS to get to that .19.

In other, happier, news, Aaron Hernandez has cleared waivers. All a team needs to do to sign him is give him the State Bar Lawyer Referral phone number and $120.

Plus have a hearing with Roger Goodell on how you have disappointed him.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 11m
NFL won't act on Hernandez until someone tries to sign him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9cKP

hoosier
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
The thing that bothers me about this is that the Pats will still likely have to pay this SOB over $6M (deferred bonus and guaranteed salary). He doesn't deserve it and neither do his lawyers. Sure some good chunk of it could go to the victim's family in a wrongful death suit, but the dead guy was clearly an associate of Hernandez, so was he really the kind of guy who was worth anything?

Hard to know, guilty by association? In any case, one silver lining in this weird and pathetic story of shooting your friends and bungling the coverups is that the Patriots will take a significant cap hit for Hernandez in '13 and '14.

Guiness
06-27-2013, 04:37 PM

All water under the bridge now, because as pb pointed out above, he cleared waivers :shock:
/says Guiness, continuing his pointless harassment of 'lower case h' hoosier

Guiness
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but Marco was TOUGH AS NAILS to get to that .19.

In other, happier, news, Aaron Hernandez has cleared waivers. All a team needs to do to sign him is give him the State Bar Lawyer Referral phone number and $120.

Plus have a hearing with Roger Goodell on how you have disappointed him.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 11m
NFL won't act on Hernandez until someone tries to sign him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9cKP

Best comment from that story:
“But Hernandez clearing waivers is another extraordinary development”

No, if a team was dumb enough to claim him on waivers, that would have been an extraordinary development.

Guiness
06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Ok, we can move on from all of this - he didn't do it. His mom says so.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandezs-mom-he-will-be-cleared-of-all-these-charges/

GrnBay007
06-28-2013, 01:17 AM
23 yrs. old and living a life millions of young athletes will only dream about! And now looking at life w/o parole. SAD!! Pathetic!!

Really makes you wonder what all happened that night that made him want to get his "friend" out of the picture. Nobody but him will probably ever know the whole truth.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 03:25 AM
No, if a team was dumb enough to claim him on waivers, that would have been an extraordinary development.

LMFAO!!!!

denverYooper
06-28-2013, 04:55 AM
23 yrs. old and living a life millions of young athletes will only dream about! And now looking at life w/o parole. SAD!! Pathetic!!

Really makes you wonder what all happened that night that made him want to get his "friend" out of the picture. Nobody but him will probably ever know the whole truth.

Sounds to me like Hernando had fantasies about being Tony Montana.

Patler
06-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Reports are that Hernandez is also being investigated for a double murder in 2012. A theory is that Lloyd knew about the murders, and might have been killed to shut him up.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Hernandez-now-focus-of-separate-murder-investigation.html

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Lloyd-death-may-be-tied-to-other-murders.html

cheesner
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Methinks they're damn pissed about the destroying of the evidence.Word out of Pats camp is Belicheat is embarrassed his own player didn't know how to destroy a tape.

There's also the thing in Florida about shooting a guy in the face.Not an issue. The Supreme Court just passed a law making at least some homosexual activity legal.

Speaking of which, I think the Pats cut him knowing, guilty or innocent, he was spending some time in jail. They need a tight end and he will probably be a wide receiver after a few days in jail.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
The scary thing for Hernandez is he's probably going to go to maximum security prison. When the population you live in is 50% true psychopaths, nothing he's ever done in this world that gave him so much will matter. Psychopaths don't care about anything, don't respect anything. They're soulless bodies, and that's where Hernandez is going to live.

Being hispanic, being strong, being young, being an athlete, you hope for his sake he'll become the leader or at least a member of one of the groups of people who aren't psychopathic. In that case, he'll have protection from the population of psychopathic loners.

Either way, his life is about to change for the very worst. It might be worse than being shot 3 times, then getting two more to the chest.

Patler
06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Being hispanic, being strong, being young, being an athlete, you hope for his sake he'll become the leader or at least a member of one of the groups of people who aren't psychopathic. In that case, he'll have protection from the population of psychopathic loners.

How is he different from them? Several articles described him as a loner on the Pats, one who never did anything with his team mates and had run-ins with a couple. Now he is being investigated for two more murders. He might be just another of those that you describe.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 11:07 AM
How is he different from them? Several articles described him as a loner on the Pats, one who never did anything with his team mates and had run-ins with a couple. Now he is being investigated for two more murders. He might be just another of those that you describe.

He might. Somehow I doubt it though. I have a brother who's a psychopath. There's a difference between people who do bad things and people who have no soul who also do bad things. Psychopath's are rare. I don't know the number, but maybe half of murderers are psychopaths. There are plenty of really sick people who commit murder yet aren't psychopaths.

And this is all a hunch, but I have a psychopathic brother, a year and a half younger than me, and they are expressionless babies who don't want to be touched, held, soothed, smiled at, played with or anything. They grow up into expressionless children who don't want to be touched (and also exhibit extreme cruelty to other people and life in general) then they learn how to pretend to fit in (something they have become actors to accomplish, but not even good actors as people naturally assume the best. Psychopaths find this to be too easy, and almost funny that people assume good in others) then they commit horrible wrongs to society in one form or another, then they die, thank god. I look at pictures of Hernandez, and to be honest, this is just a gut instinct from someone who's looked into empty, soulless eyes, but he seems to be a person to me. A scared, back against the wall person more comparable to a wild animal trapped in a corner than a regular person, but a person none-the-less. I know what empty eyes look like. I know what a voice, completely void of soul sounds like. I don't get any of that impression from Hernandez. He comes off as a really sick person to me, and a person I wouldn't want to suffer, yet would want taken completely away from society. If he's going to die, I think he deserves a quick death, similar to a wild animal that needs to be taken out for protections sake. If he's going to prison, I think he deserves a chance to live there and grow as a person. What price can he pay that will brink anything back? There is no price. But maybe he can learn from his mistakes and be a positive influence on some other people who go to prison, but will get out some day. You never know. Everything is going to be taken from him. All he can do now is help the world, not hurt it.

Patler
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
He might. Somehow I doubt it though. I have a brother who's a psychopath. There's a difference between people who do bad things and people who have no soul who also do bad things. Psychopath's are rare. I don't know the number, but maybe half of murderers are psychopaths. There are plenty of really sick people who commit murder yet aren't psychopaths.

And this is all a hunch, but I have a psychopathic brother, a year and a half younger than me, and they are expressionless babies who don't want to be touched, held, soothed, smiled at, played with or anything. They grow up into expressionless children who don't want to be touched (and also exhibit extreme cruelty to other people and life in general) then they learn how to pretend to fit in (something they have become actors to accomplish, but not even good actors as people naturally assume the best. Psychopaths find this to be too easy, and almost funny that people assume good in others) then they commit horrible wrongs to society in one form or another, then they die, thank god. I look at pictures of Hernandez, and to be honest, this is just a gut instinct from someone who's looked into empty, soulless eyes, but he seems to be a person to me. A scared, back against the wall person more comparable to a wild animal trapped in a corner than a regular person, but a person none-the-less. I know what empty eyes look like. I know what a voice, completely void of soul sounds like. I don't get any of that impression from Hernandez. He comes off as a really sick person to me, and a person I wouldn't want to suffer, yet would want taken completely away from society. If he's going to die, I think he deserves a quick death, similar to a wild animal that needs to be taken out for protections sake. If he's going to prison, I think he deserves a chance to live there and grow as a person. What price can he pay that will brink anything back? There is no price. But maybe he can learn from his mistakes and be a positive influence on some other people who go to prison, but will get out some day. You never know. Everything is going to be taken from him. All he can do now is help the world, not hurt it.

Just a guess on my part, too, but I read (or heard, can't remember which) a reporters comments that even the cops and court room personnel were surprised at his total lack of emotion. One described him as seemingly detached from what was going on.

We might just be scratching the surface on his inner workings.

Patler
06-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Comments like this give me the impression that he is cold and detached:

...stood with his hands cuffed in front of him, wearing a white, V-neck T-shirt and a look mostly devoid of emotion. This was inside Attleboro District Court in Massachusetts on Wednesday afternoon, just feet away as a prosecutor read off a web of evidence that put him at the scene of Odin Lloyd's death 10 days ago and led to this most serious of charges:

Murder for the former New England Patriots tight end.

If Hernandez felt any fear over charges that could take him from the glory of the NFL to a life sentence, he didn't show it. If he felt any emotion over the death of his one-time friend, even as Lloyd's mother had to leave the courtroom, he didn't show it. If he was moved to anger about the judge denying him bail as he awaits trial, he didn't show it.

He was mostly calm and unmoved, eyes wide open ...(as)...prosecutor William McCauley went on and on for more than 20 minutes laying out a case where via text messages, cell phone tower contact and surveillance video showed Hernandez and Lloyd traveling together to North Attleboro, a bedroom community south of Boston where Hernandez lived on the day Lloyd was found dead.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Just a guess on my part, too, but I read (or heard, can't remember which) a reporters comments that even the cops and court room personnel were surprised at his total lack of emotion. One described him as seemingly detached from what was going on.

Yeah, everyone knows what a sociopath is, at least people all people who cover court proceedings. I've seen that too. How would you be if your whole life was up in the air like that, let alone if you were a person with incredibly immature coping and life-management skills. He probably is detached. He could be a sociopath. I don't know for sure. I tend to think a sociopath would look at this more as a game and be intrigued by it, but that's just my impression. He'd probably be trying to show emotion, because he knows what he is and what he should appear like to make his situation better. I think my brother would find this interesting and fun. He wouldn't have committed such a careless murder either. It would have been far calmer and better planned. He'd call someone an idiot for committing murder this way. Just stupid, really. And emotion, after all, defies logic and can be very stupid. The murder just seems like a guy who's afraid to be caught, who's in a hurry. That's very non psychopathic in my experience. Murder would be much better planned, like getting ready for work or something like that.

Now, the person who did the boston marathon bombing. . . . Now that guy appears to be a sociopath. The randomness of it, literally not caring at all if innocent people died. . . . I can almost picture a person getting defensive enough, angry enough to kill someone else. I can't picture randomly bombing mothers, fathers and potentially children for no reason. That seems unhuman to me. Hernandez played a dangerous game, he played for keeps, and now he's lost everything. While it seems to make no sense at all, we haven't lived in his shoes. Maybe he has extreme trust and intimacy issues and he lives life carelessly and recklessly to avoid having to feel hurt, alone, lost, incapable and/or sad. Who knows, but his murder seemed to have a little more self-preservation aspect to it, something I think can happen to people if they're in a bad enough emotional/mental state. When someone lives life in that type of culture, with those types of attitudes, I tend to doubt psychopathy or sociopathy. It's more of a dog-eat-dog world. He could have gotten out of it, but maybe it's all he knew. Maybe he didn't know how to live differently. If I thought someone was going to kill me or end my life as I knew it and the rules of the game were death to the loser, I might be more willing to kill someone, ya know, same as soldiers or anyone else in a (him or me) environment. I might even kill the person before they had a chance if I felt threatened enough. Of course, I don't play life by those rules, so I'll never know how I'd act in that type of situation.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
What does a sniper think when he's shooting a 17 year old Iraqi boy in the face? Does he think about that 17 year old boy getting up feeding his little brother and baby sister before he went out to do what he had to do for the day, or is he trained not to think about those types of things, not to let them cross his mind. The military can condition normal people into cold-blooded killers. Why can't certain cultures and upbringings do the same?

hoosier
06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't try to read too much into second hand descriptions of how the guy looks during his hearing. If he is a sentient being with a soul, he (or it) is probably in shock right now.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't try to read too much into second hand descriptions of how the guy looks during his hearing. If he is a sentient being with a soul, he (or it) is probably in shock right now.

Probably detaching from the situation too. I know a guy who's baby daughter died in a horrible accident. He looked as empty and expressionless as a person can possibly look. Then he started badly abusing drugs and acting pretty much like a person who didn't care about anything, as he didn't. He left his family, moved a dozen states away and didn't talk to anyone for three years. He was shut off. People can shut off. If you're shut off long enough, people think that's who you are. It's sort of the way things work. But the reality, I don't think very many people are soulless sociopaths. More than likely, they're very detached from who they really are and living a horrible life. The shame he's going to live with might be more unbearable than the prison sentence. Even if he can shut off from it now, he won't be able to shut off from it forever. It's sad, to me, but also, these guys need to be taken out of society. You can't risk innocent people to help those who are running around hurting others.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
There are people who grow up, their dad beats the shit out of their mom, introduces them to danger and violence at an early age, then just leaves the family. That's similar trauma to someone having their baby daughter die, and this is a little kid. Now this kid grows up scared, angry, empty and ashamed. Who knows what a person is capable of doing when they're in that state. Just look at the perfectly normal person who had a whole life to grow and learn to be a person when his daughter died. Hernandez might not have had a full life to grow and learn. His trauma may have happened before he was old enough to cope.

I give zero excuses for the guy. He deserves whatever he gets. I have a hard time not seeing the human being inside him though. For some reason, I don't hate the guy, and don't wish the worst on him. I can't figure out exactly why, but I don't.

Zool
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
There are people who grow up, their dad beats the shit out of their mom, introduces them to danger and violence at an early age, then just leaves the family. That's similar trauma to someone having their baby daughter die, and this is a little kid. Now this kid grows up scared, angry, empty and ashamed. Who knows what a person is capable of doing when they're in that state. Just look at the perfectly normal person who had a whole life to grow and learn to be a person when his daughter died. Hernandez might not have had a full life to grow and learn. His trauma may have happened before he was old enough to cope.

I give zero excuses for the guy. He deserves whatever he gets. I have a hard time not seeing the human being inside him though. For some reason, I don't hate the guy, and don't wish the worst on him. I can't figure out exactly why, but I don't.

Because you are detached from this situation. If he wasn't an NFL player, none of us would even know his name or that he killed a person. We love a spectacle and we love to see the mighty fall. It's entertainment to us. If you were Lloyd's family member or friend, you'd probably feel different.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Because you are detached from this situation. If he wasn't an NFL player, none of us would even know his name or that he killed a person. We love a spectacle and we love to see the mighty fall. It's entertainment to us. If you were Lloyd's family member or friend, you'd probably feel different.

If I was Lloyd's family member, I might be angry at him for being involved with people who tote death machines as a way to intimidate and threaten. I'd probably be angry at him for putting himself there, honestly. I probably would have tried to tell him several times to get out.

Judging by Lloyd's text, he knew he was in danger. Judging by his teammates comments, they knew Hernandez was a dangerous guy, a guy they wanted to stay away from.

I was detached from the Boston Marathon bombing too, and my first reaction was wanting to see that guy put to death. It's really hard for me to get in the mind of someone who does what that guy did. Maybe I'm fucked up, but it's not so hard for me to picture what Hernandez was trying to do. He seemed like a guy who was fulfilling a promise. He promised to live a certain way and he followed through. Most people were smart enough to stay away from him.

I don't blame Lloyd for getting shot, but I do blame him for not following his gut instincts and keeping himself safe. We all need to learn to follow our gut more. Facts this, rational that, but sometimes we just have to trust our instincts with people and Lloyd didn't do that. The people in the Boston Marathon bombing didn't even have the choice to stay away from that guy. It was so random, so unexpected. That, to me, is horrible. If I'm Lloyd, the last thing I'm thinking about when I die is how I should have never been there.

LP
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
What does a sniper think when he's shooting a 17 year old Iraqi boy in the face? Does he think about that 17 year old boy getting up feeding his little brother and baby sister before he went out to do what he had to do for the day, or is he trained not to think about those types of things, not to let them cross his mind. The military can condition normal people into cold-blooded killers. Why can't certain cultures and upbringings do the same?

If you really believe all this, then you really are a clueless tool.

Patler
06-28-2013, 03:02 PM
People who regularly cover the criminal courts get a lot of exposure to people in the same exact situation. To at least some of them, Hernandez apparently seemed to react differently than what they have come to expect. That was all I wanted to bring up.

I have no clue what kind of person he is, but if he killed Lloyd in the manner and for the reasons speculated, and/or if he killed the two others in 2012 that he is being investigated for, I doubt that I will lose much sleep worrying about how miserable his life will be in prison.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 03:33 PM
People who regularly cover the criminal courts get a lot of exposure to people in the same exact situation. To at least some of them, Hernandez apparently seemed to react differently than what they have come to expect. That was all I wanted to bring up.

I have no clue what kind of person he is, but if he killed Lloyd in the manner and for the reasons speculated, and/or if he killed the two others in 2012 that he is being investigated for, I doubt that I will lose much sleep worrying about how miserable his life will be in prison.

Or maybe they're sensationalizing the trial, making Hernandez appear to be void of all human emotion.

I shared my hunch that he's not a sociopath and my opinion that it's sad to see people ruin their lives and other people's lives. I'll lose about the same amount of sleep worrying about whether you're on the same page as me as you lose worrying about the well being of Aaron Hernandez' soul.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM

Yeah, our military people are the good guys. The guys we kill are bad. Keep on believing that, idiot.

It's the realities of war, same as killing in certain parts of our country is realities of life. People do what they have to do and sometimes they do more than what they have to do when they feel pressured, desperate or maybe they just want to shock and awe somebody, you know, make a point to get out of the way, right. Intimidation is a power tool. It gets a point across. Death is the ultimate threat. It usually gets the point across. Not always, but usually.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
On August 6, 1945, during World War II (1939-45), an American B-29 bomber dropped the world’s first deployed atomic bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. The explosion wiped out 90 percent of the city and immediately killed 80,000 people; tens of thousands more would later die of radiation exposure. Three days later, a second B-29 dropped another A-bomb on Nagasaki, killing an estimated 40,000 people. Japan's Emperor Hirohito announced his country's unconditional surrender in World War II in a radio address on August 15, citing the devastating power of "a new and most cruel bomb."

I'm sure there were no babies, moms, dads, big brothers, little sisters, friends, family, grandparents in that 80,000 dead. Anyone who thinks the United States doesn't kill innocent lives to get their point across is diluted. We could have just as easily talked to Japan and given them whatever they wanted from us. That's not what happened. Innocent people died in retaliation. There are plenty of countries that stay completely out of war, stay neutral. We're not one of them. We're one of the extreme superpowers that fights to the death for what we have.

RashanGary
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Maybe you can lose some sleep for the dead babies of Heroshema and Nagasaki, Patler? Probably not. They deserved it for crossing us. But I'll bet you celebrate every military holiday where the poor soldiers died for your cause. For fucks sake, get some perspective, people.

MadtownPacker
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I have to agree with JH, cuz it takes one to know one. :lol:

But I think JH is trying to say that hernandez isn't a stone cold killer. He is just a dumb, lost, little boy pretending to be a hardcore gangsta.

Cheesehead Craig
06-28-2013, 04:24 PM
JH - You're getting a bit riled up here. Perhaps just take a few hours away from the computer.

Joemailman
06-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Fans who bought an Aaron Hernandez jersey at the Patriots Pro Shop will be allowed to exchange it for a jersey of comparable value free of charge.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215421/article/patriots-offer-fans-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

hoosier
06-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Fans who bought an Aaron Hernandez jersey at the Patriots Pro Shop will be allowed to exchange it for a jersey of comparable value free of charge.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215421/article/patriots-offer-fans-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

Comparable value then or now?

3irty1
06-28-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm inclined to agree with JH here in terms of world perspective but I don't feel comfortable making a character judgement on Hernandez or what he deserves other than to lose his freedom if he's in fact guilty. This isn't a ghetto kid from the wire, he's had a network of coaches and teammates as a support group for years. He's had college and opportunity. He's had focus, meaning, things to look forward to, and professional success. Maybe he's got no social conscience, maybe he's just unfathomably stupid. I'm not even sure which is worse. Go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

Again though I suspect roid rage. I'm of the sort that believes or wants to believe that it takes a chemical imbalance to do this kind of thing. The kind of chemical imbalance that comes from a professional sport where in all reality PED's are probably near mandatory to play the game. I hope Goodell gets stuck holding this shit bomb.

Joemailman
06-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Comparable value then or now?

If you bought a replica jersey with silk screen numbers, you're probably not going to get an authentic jersey with embroidered numbers. I suspect that's what they meant.

Guiness
06-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Interesting to me is how it is looking like these guys were making a habit of this, with the police linking 2 other killings to them, and a shooting in Florida, but they seem to be incredibly inept at it. Starting with how easily the body was found...leaving spent shell casings in rental cars? Using a gun that there is a picture of you holding floating around the internet?

Freak Out
06-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Nobody said they were smart.

Bossman641
06-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm inclined to agree with JH here in terms of world perspective but I don't feel comfortable making a character judgement on Hernandez or what he deserves other than to lose his freedom if he's in fact guilty. This isn't a ghetto kid from the wire, he's had a network of coaches and teammates as a support group for years. He's had college and opportunity. He's had focus, meaning, things to look forward to, and professional success. Maybe he's got no social conscience, maybe he's just unfathomably stupid. I'm not even sure which is worse. Go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

Again though I suspect roid rage. I'm of the sort that believes or wants to believe that it takes a chemical imbalance to do this kind of thing. The kind of chemical imbalance that comes from a professional sport where in all reality PED's are probably near mandatory to play the game. I hope Goodell gets stuck holding this shit bomb.

I've seen you make this type of comment twice now. Forgive my ignorance as I haven't closely followed the PED discussion between the league and the NFLPA, but isn't the NFLPA balking on PED testing because of distrust in Goodell stemming from the bounty fiasco?

My understanding was that the league had agreed to third party arbitrators regarding appeals of positive PED tests but the NFLPA was trying to push for third party arbitrators of all appeals - disciplinary, etc. You can argue that pushback is warranted after Bountygate, but I'm just wondering which of the league's PED testing suggestions you are in disagreement with. Again, sorry to go off topic but I'm looking for more information.

cheesner
06-28-2013, 09:40 PM

Guy on NFL radio said the opposite is true. He will be a marked man. The guy who kicks his butt will rise in esteem throughout the prison. There will be lots of psycho wanting to move up the pecking order by taking a famous athelete down to size. Guy says, he will likely be in soliatary and have little contact with other prisoners for his own safety.

Patler
06-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe you can lose some sleep for the dead babies of Heroshema and Nagasaki, Patler? Probably not. They deserved it for crossing us. But I'll bet you celebrate every military holiday where the poor soldiers died for your cause. For fucks sake, get some perspective, people.

I'm not sure where this came from, JH.

You posted a thought that Hernandez wasn't like the many sociopaths who populate our prisons. I suggested that maybe he is actually one of them. I have no proof, and offered no conclusion, just the possibility that he is.

I then wrote that IF he committed the crime as alleged, a planned and calculated (albeit poorly) execution of a quasi friend who was apparently the boyfriend of his sister-in-law to be, and/or murdered the two others in 2012, for which he is now being investigated, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep worrying about how comfortable he is in prison. After all, these weren't murders committed in a moment of passion or anger. They were planned events from which he had time to back away.

That's it. Nothing more. From that you have apparently concluded that I have no feelings for the lives of women and children lost in war. You imply that I revel in knowledge of the dead babies and children. Well, I knew personally a great many lives that were lost in war, some close to me, all combatants. Not only do I grieve those that I knew and the others "on our side", I assure you that I also grieve the innocent women, children and noncombatants. Now, a bit of enlightenment for you: I also grieve the enemy soldiers, most of whom were no different than us. They were simply born in a different country, in a different culture. For that stroke of fate, we killed them and they killed us. We could just as well have been comrades in arms on one side or the other.

I am insulted to the very core of my being that you would accuse me of being otherwise.

Now, do I have the same compassion for Hernandez if he committed the murders as alleged? If I am honest with myself, the answer is no. Did I have the same compassion for Jeffrey Dahmer? Again, the answer is no. Did I wish Dahmer to be killed in prison, or do I hope that harm will come to Hernandez? Of course not.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, that you typed without thinking.
But I assure you this, you have gone very far out of line with your accusations and analogies in the response I quoted and others at about the same time. Calm down and we can have a discussion. Continue with over the line personal accusations, and we can not have a discussion. It's up to you.

Patler
06-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Guy on NFL radio said the opposite is true. He will be a marked man. The guy who kicks his butt will rise in esteem throughout the prison. There will be lots of psycho wanting to move up the pecking order by taking a famous athelete down to size. Guy says, he will likely be in soliatary and have little contact with other prisoners for his own safety.

I've heard of that type of situation before. It is, of course, wholly unfair; but what about prison life is fair?

When Dahmer was killed shortly after going to prison, some asked why he was in the general population, because kid-killers are notorious targets.

swede
06-28-2013, 10:53 PM

His post was well-reasoned. Yours was not. What could you possibly disagree with? Our snipers love the cloud of pink mist that means one less kid will drop an RPG on one of our vehicles. And they love their children. Your comment shows a typical low-information mindset.

swede
06-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Yeah, our military people are the good guys. The guys we kill are bad. Keep on believing that, idiot.

It's the realities of war, same as killing in certain parts of our country is realities of life. People do what they have to do and sometimes they do more than what they have to do when they feel pressured, desperate or maybe they just want to shock and awe somebody, you know, make a point to get out of the way, right. Intimidation is a power tool. It gets a point across. Death is the ultimate threat. It usually gets the point across. Not always, but usually.

Now I'm not sure where we are in your point of view. I thought I agreed with everything in your first post, but if you don't see our warrior as the good guy I've got a problem.

However, leaving aside the morality of the military mission, you are absolutely right that our warriors are trained to feel zero remorse at killing the enemy according the rules of engagement.

packer4life
06-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Seems as though things are a bit intense in this thread.

MadtownPacker
06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Guy on NFL radio said the opposite is true. He will be a marked man. The guy who kicks his butt will rise in esteem throughout the prison. There will be lots of psycho wanting to move up the pecking order by taking a famous athelete down to size. Guy says, he will likely be in soliatary and have little contact with other prisoners for his own safety.He would be targeted. Unless he was taken in by a group/gang. But he would likely be alone like you said. I thought dalmer was also in solitary and they still got to him so it probably doesn't matter.

MadtownPacker
06-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Seems as though things are a bit intense in this thread.Patler is a pro and understands JH is actually the sick brother he is talking about. :lol:

TravisWilliams23
06-29-2013, 08:12 AM
I wonder how Tom Brady feels about his receiving corps now. Lost Welker, Hernandez and Gronk is questionable with his back and arm. There's 3 targets he knew like the back of his hand. As for Hernandez' jersey, the Pats should hire that Packer fan who turned Bert's # 4 into a Havner 41. It's going to be tough but that man had talent!

Patler
06-29-2013, 08:30 AM
He would be targeted. Unless he was taken in by a group/gang. But he would likely be alone like you said. I thought dalmer was also in solitary and they still got to him so it probably doesn't matter.

Dahmer was in isolation for a while, but had been transferred to the general prison population. He survived an attempted slashing, but was left in the general population. He, Jesse Anderson who murdered his wife in a mall parking lot and blamed it on muggers and a third convicted murder were left alone on a cleaning detail, without a guard. The third guy bludgeoned both Dahmer and Anderson.

RashanGary
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I apologize, Patler. I don't think I was even responding to you, it was the guy who called me a moron or idiot, or whatever it was. Not my proudest moment.

RashanGary
06-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Good god, max prison sounds horrible.

George Cumby
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Dahmer was in isolation for a while, but had been transferred to the general prison population. He survived an attempted slashing, but was left in the general population. He, Jesse Anderson who murdered his wife in a mall parking lot and blamed it on muggers and a third convicted murder were left alone on a cleaning detail, without a guard. The third guy bludgeoned both Dahmer and Anderson.

I always speculated that Dahmer was put in general for that very reason, I.e.: the prison bosses wanted prison justice.

sooner6600
06-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Re: Aaron Hernandez comparable value.

The value involved is actual fabric that the pros wear made street ready for the civilians.

I bet you it is style for style.

Wonder if I can get a Jim Plunkett?

Bretsky
06-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I wonder how Tom Brady feels about his receiving corps now. Lost Welker, Hernandez and Gronk is questionable with his back and arm. There's 3 targets he knew like the back of his hand. As for Hernandez' jersey, the Pats should hire that Packer fan who turned Bert's # 4 into a Havner 41. It's going to be tough but that man had talent!

The amount of receptions from those 3 are sick last year; TB cannot be happy. I don't understand how they would let Welker walk.

pbmax
06-29-2013, 11:49 AM
The amount of receptions from those 3 are sick last year; TB cannot be happy. I don't understand how they would let Welker walk.

Age and cost. Amendola is Welker but younger, though with more injuries in the previous year and a half.

sooner6600
06-29-2013, 12:20 PM
http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20130629_81_trade_in_rules.pdf

Here is the exchange policy.

hoosier
06-29-2013, 01:19 PM

He was overheard complaining yesterday that his current receiver corps is lacking that killer instinct.

Patler
06-29-2013, 02:08 PM
I apologize, Patler. I don't think I was even responding to you, it was the guy who called me a moron or idiot, or whatever it was. Not my proudest moment.

Accepted. Thanks. Over and done with.

Patler
06-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I always speculated that Dahmer was put in general for that very reason, I.e.: the prison bosses wanted prison justice.

Ya, many speculated that at the time. As I recall, there was a standard internal investigation that we never heard the results of.

Guiness
06-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Ya, many speculated that at the time. As I recall, there was a standard internal investigation that we never heard the results of.

It was win-win-win. Got the capital punishment he deserved, it didn't cost an arm and a leg (it is apparently more $$$ to put someone to death than to incarcerate them for 25 years!) and he got a lot more of the pain and suffering he deserved than if he was killed by the state!

Wikipedia tells me the killer was named Christopher Scarver. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Scarver
I'd never read the story - wow, took the two of them out single handedly. I doubt Dahmer or the Anderson guy were real tough nuts though.

Guiness
06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Age and cost. Amendola is Welker but younger, though with more injuries in the previous year and a half.

Yes, but I bet if they could rewind things right now they'd pay Welker. I saw somewhere else that the top 5 pass for NE this year will not be on the field week 1 - Welker, Lloyd (still an FA), Gronk, Hernandez and Woodhead (now with Chargers). Crazy.

George Cumby
06-29-2013, 11:30 PM
It was win-win-win. Got the capital punishment he deserved, it didn't cost an arm and a leg (it is apparently more $$$ to put someone to death than to incarcerate them for 25 years!) and he got a lot more of the pain and suffering he deserved than if he was killed by the state!

Wikipedia tells me the killer was named Christopher Scarver. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Scarver
I'd never read the story - wow, took the two of them out single handedly. I doubt Dahmer or the Anderson guy were real tough nuts though.

My memory failed me, there. I thought that two dudes killed JD, I had no idea one dude killed JD and another scumbag.

As for TB, he might be ready to take some exercise equipment to AH for being such a dumbass.

Bretsky
06-30-2013, 12:38 AM

I follow both of these guys and I was on board with Danny Pro Bowl Amendola (in fantasy circles I've been calling him that ....jokingly...for a while.............but I have to put two things out there

Welker is quicker in his cuts in route running than DA is
And Amendola.....my annual sleeper for my fantasy roster...can't stay healthy...Welker generally does

pbmax
06-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Not every teammate has bailed on Hernandez. Deion Branch speaks up for his former teammate, though he wisely steers clear of pronouncing him the victim.

http://m.albanyherald.com/news/2013/jun/29/branch-speaks-out-calls-embattled-former-teammate-/?templates=mobile

“Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate,” Branch told The Herald “I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn’t have any dealings with it.”

“That’s my guy, man,” Branch said of Hernandez. “That’s my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn’t involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importantly I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.”

pbmax
06-30-2013, 01:15 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/29/gainesville-pd-confirms-aaron-hernandez-questioned-very-briefly-in-07-shooting/related/

Hernandez was interviewed by the Gainesville Police as part of an investigation into a shooting when he was at Florida (I think this was his freshman year). However, the police are saying the interview was very brief and that the interview was prompted because his name came up once the the initial report as having been in the area of a club near the shooting. Also mentioned as interviewed were Reggie Nelson and the Pouncey twins.

But this quote is what caught my eye:

Hernandez played for the Gators from 2007-10 and was a member of Urban Meyer‘s third UF recruiting class. Meyer, now the head coach at Ohio State, has come under scrutiny since his former player’s arrest, with the New York Times publishing an exposé in which the paper wrote that the coach said the talented but troubled player “had been rehabilitated with daily Bible study sessions that the coach conducted personally.”

Was he in such trouble with his drug tests that he needed this intervention or were there other things going on? And how many players were in the group?

swede
06-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Not every teammate has bailed on Hernandez. Deion Branch speaks up for his former teammate, though he wisely steers clear of pronouncing him the victim.

http://m.albanyherald.com/news/2013/jun/29/branch-speaks-out-calls-embattled-former-teammate-/?templates=mobile

That was really well-spoken by Branch. Hernandez could have read it and felt the loyalty, and the victim's family could have read it without feeling disrespected.

Guiness
06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
That was really well-spoken by Branch. Hernandez could have read it and felt the loyalty, and the victim's family could have read it without feeling disrespected.

With the added bonus that he won't cap Branch's ass next time he sees him!

Read some comments on that story, some calling Branch naive, etc, that he's guilty as sin after this trial by media. One poster brought up a good point though...before you declare him guilty, read the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

It's the story of the three Duke lacrosse players that were tried by media, a ridiculously overzealous prosecutor and a flawed process which included, among other things, the accuser being shown a photo lineup that included only the suspects. The lacrosse coach was forced to resign and the Blue Devils cancelled their season.

Patler
06-30-2013, 09:17 PM
The Duke lacrosse team situation was almost the exact opposite. Players had receipts and witnesses that put them in completely different areas at the time of the assault. Per one report of the Hernandez indictment, the police have solid evidence of Hernandez picking up Lloyd, and their cellphones pinging the same towers at the same time from Lloyds place to where his body was found, the last within minutes of the estimated time of death.

Guiness
06-30-2013, 09:25 PM
The Duke lacrosse team situation was almost the exact opposite. Players had receipts and witnesses that put them in completely different areas at the time of the assault. Per one report of the Hernandez indictment, the police have solid evidence of Hernandez picking up Lloyd, and their cellphones pinging the same towers at the same time from Lloyds place to where his body was found, the last within minutes of the estimated time of death.

Maybe I should not have mentioned the police side, because you are right, by all appearance so far it seems like they've got it all together, and have stepped carefully...as they are want to do in a situation where the defendant is going to have a few million dollars at his disposal to spend on his defense.

I was referring more to the trial by media...where everyone assumes he's guilty because of what's been written about it.

pbmax
07-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I think there is a parallel seen from this point of each incident. The initial, publicly released material in the Duke case all seemed to point to a team event and assault of a woman. It was after that public disclosure of the prosecutor's information that mitigating details, including the reason the women was familiar with the team to begin with, etc., began to surface.

Many players on the team did have alibi's and weren't involved, but those details emerged later from the defense. And we haven't heard much from the defense yet.

Patler
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
My recollection is that the Duke case seemed weak from the start. Holes were evident at every stage of the investigation. My impression was that the media very early on portrayed the prosecutor as grasping for straws in pursuing the case. The school may have over-reacted, but was probably in a situation were they could do little else.

I think there is a reason we haven't heard much from the Hernandez defense yet, they haven't figured out what to say. All he argued at the hearing was that the case was circumstantial, which in reality is no different than a great many criminal cases. Even the judge said although it was circumstantial, it was “...a very, very strong circumstantial case." I don't recall anyone feeling that way in the Duke players case, even at the start.

run pMc
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
So does this mean NE is in the market for a receiving TE? You think they'd trade for D.J.Williams? I imagine there are a lot of phone calls going around the league on the Patriots' receiving corps.

Pugger
07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't know if NE would be willing to part with a draft pick for Williams. They might decide to wait and see what players don't make other squads at the end of TC.

MadScientist
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't know if NE would be willing to part with a draft pick for Williams. They might decide to wait and see what players don't make other squads at the end of TC.
If they want production and feel they need more talent, they will try to get someone sooner rather than later to get the timing with Brady down. As for parting with picks for Williams, what is he actually worth? Maybe a conditional 6th at most. They'd probably give a good pick for Finley, but with the Hernandez cap hit, I don't think they can possibly take on Finley's salary.

pbmax
07-01-2013, 04:34 PM
My recollection is that the Duke case seemed weak from the start. Holes were evident at every stage of the investigation. My impression was that the media very early on portrayed the prosecutor as grasping for straws in pursuing the case. The school may have over-reacted, but was probably in a situation were they could do little else.

I think there is a reason we haven't heard much from the Hernandez defense yet, they haven't figured out what to say. All he argued at the hearing was that the case was circumstantial, which in reality is no different than a great many criminal cases. Even the judge said although it was circumstantial, it was “...a very, very strong circumstantial case." I don't recall anyone feeling that way in the Duke players case, even at the start.

Well, in the Lacrosse case you had two groups of people giving slanted and plain bad info to the public. DA Nifong, who was disbarred over his actions during the investigation and trial.

And columnists who were grinding a "no snitching" axe and felt that the La Crosse case fit the template: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D04E0DC1230F932A05750C0A9609C8B 63

Straight news pieces might have painted a different picture but I recall it took some time to walk back the conventional wisdom on that one.

pbmax
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Addendum to Chmura stories: part of the wallet/pocket money debate discovered Chmura did not carry his drivers license with him. When driving.

Asked what he did if he ever got stopped he said officers would go back to their car and have dispatch look it up. He had not gotten a ticket for this yet.

I give him credit if he does not pull the "do you know who I am?" routine and he's got some guts to run the risk of not carrying the license. Because if you have something else wrong at the stop (taillight, speeding, expired plates, etc.) you are going to get two tickets.

Its not a big deal as you can probably produce the license in court and have the citation reduced, but it seems to be an unnecessary risk for most. Chewy aparently has enough cash to both carry a roll and keep the cars in good working order.

Joemailman
07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
People are getting some big bucks for Aaron Hernandez jerseys. there is a red autographed jersey with a top bid of $1,025.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-Hernandez-Signed-Autographed-Throwback-Jersey-Patriots-WOW-RARE-JSA-/221248143207?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item33836abf67

Guiness
07-01-2013, 10:50 PM
So...Mike Brown of the Bungles is bragging that he knew enough to stay away from Hernandez 'cause of character concerns and Gronk because of his back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/mike-brown-bengals-wary-of-hernandezs-character-gronks-back/

Ya, right...like anyone is going to believe that!

pbmax
07-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Tatoo's have been inspected and no gang affiliation found. What are the prerequisites for that job: Tatoo Inspector

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/hernandez-denies-gang-ties/

Cheesehead Craig
07-02-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nayUPkpWBLo

hoosier
07-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Tatoo's have been inspected and no gang affiliation found. What are the prerequisites for that job: Tatoo Inspector

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/hernandez-denies-gang-ties/

Probably comparable to the qualifications for floor walker.
http://t.qkme.me/3twtno.jpg

mraynrand
07-02-2013, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl44edsigb4

Joemailman
07-02-2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9HpQU09Z0I

QBME
07-02-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9HpQU09Z0I

Always liked the cameo by Joe Walsh

KYPack
07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Always liked the cameo by Joe Walsh

Man, you've got some good eyes.

Never spotted that one before.

Can you imagine the partying that went on shooting this flick?

QBME
07-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Man, you've got some good eyes.

Never spotted that one before.

Can you imagine the partying that went on shooting this flick?

I can only try to imagine. It's urban legend status in these parts.

woodbuck27
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Watching the court proceedings that day the most shocking thing to me was a complete lack of emotion on Aaron Hernandez's part. He acted utterly emotionless.

George Cumby
07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Watching the court proceedings that day the most shocking thing to me was a complete lack of emotion on Aaron Hernandez's part. He acted utterly emotionless.

Sounds sociopathic.

pbmax
07-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Urban Meyer did all he could do for people and players. He was a father figure to all and cannot be held responsible for murders committed by a former player he tried to help. This is obvious and people saying Urban is at fault are clearly delusional*.

Though perhaps Urban has the same problem as Hernandez, that he chooses his company poorly:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 12h
Whoa. RT @WesleyLowery: Aaron Hernandez is one of 41 members of 2008 Florida football team that has been arrested. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

* Not many people are saying this, though I suppose the brave drunks on Twitter and YouTube might be. It is, however, a convenient pivot point for the Meyer family, to plead innocent of a charge no sensible person is making.

run pMc
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Though perhaps Urban has the same problem as Hernandez, that he chooses his company poorly:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 12h
Whoa. RT @WesleyLowery: Aaron Hernandez is one of 41 members of 2008 Florida football team that has been arrested. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sp...nted=all&_r=1&

According to the story, Cam Newton, Chris Rainey, Percy Harvin, and Janoris Jenkins were on that roster. Some challenging personalities. I wonder how the arrest #'s stack up with other top programs (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon).

pbmax
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
According to the story, Cam Newton, Chris Rainey, Percy Harvin, and Janoris Jenkins were on that roster. Some challenging personalities. I wonder how the arrest #'s stack up with other top programs (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon).

Yeah, there is very little context which makes it of limited use. Plus among those 41 arrests are drunk and disorderly charges and other small bore things (though several charges are quite serious). And a couple of players doubled their pleasure.

However, Meyer did have a noteworthy string of problems in the team over two years and the local paper did keep a database of arrests and run-ins with the law during that time. I remember the coverage of it at the time and it was eventually overshadowed by the end of the Tebow era and his strange exit from Florida. So he very much oversaw a spike in trouble. And during the middle of that string was when he began to consider retirement.

mraynrand
07-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah, there is very little context which makes it of limited use. Plus among those 41 arrests are drunk and disorderly charges and other small bore things (though several charges are quite serious). And a couple of players doubled their pleasure.

However, Meyer did have a noteworthy string of problems in the team over two years and the local paper did keep a database of arrests and run-ins with the law during that time. I remember the coverage of it at the time and it was eventually overshadowed by the end of the Tebow era and his strange exit from Florida. So he very much oversaw a spike in trouble. And during the middle of that string was when he began to consider retirement.

When in trouble, just fake an illness! If you are on the political side of the press, they will cover for you every time! Just make sure you stay in their good graces.

MadScientist
07-08-2013, 12:37 PM

I think this bit at the end of the article is most telling:

Jenkins, the cornerback, eventually left Florida for North Alabama after Meyer’s successor, Will Muschamp, dismissed him from the team after marijuana arrests. Several months later, Jenkins spoke to The Orlando Sentinel about his dismissal.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” he was quoted as saying. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”
The higher the tolerance for illegal behavior the more of it there will be, and the seriousness will also increase. No, I'm not saying allowing pot-heads a pass will get you a murderer on the team, but it will get you more arrests and more trouble than just pot.

It also shows that bible-study is not an indicator of a reformed troublemaker.

mraynrand
07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
It also shows that bible-study is not an indicator of a reformed troublemaker.

It helps if you study more than just the cover.

Guiness
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Oh, wrong book? How about
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Zool
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Oh, wrong book? How about
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Call me Ishmael

pbmax
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM

I thought Bible study WAS the cover.

Police Detective: Where were you last night around 3 AM?

Florida Player: Bible Study with Coach!

pbmax
07-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Looks like the Police got one guy to flip. Roger Cossack on Mike and Mike also mentioned that both this guy and the other buddy in the car are facing far less serious charges than Hernandez. This Tweety bird is on the hook for accessory after the fact, and the other is on the hook for weapons charges. Only Hernandez faces murder/manslaughter/homicide charges.

If they have gotten both to flip, he is in a world of hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/10/affidavit-confirms-ortiz-flipped-on-hernandez-told-them-the-whole-story/

Cheesehead Craig
07-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hernandez wanted to be a tough-guy thug, congrats there buddy, now you're a tough-guy thug

Joemailman
07-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Pouncey brothers need some better headgear:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2913165/bpi-ncpcmaeksog.jpg

Guiness
07-16-2013, 12:04 PM
So, apparently Hernandez is a model prisoner.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/15/life-inside-prison-for-aaron-hernandez/k5GQZjyKZvy5aRgnZ3ndFL/story.html

Again, comments of no emotion. The more I read about him the more it seems like there is something off with him that is becoming more apparent. He doesn't feel emotion for himself either, it seems. Dude going from a mansion to a cell should feel be bathing in self-pity, no normal person adapts that quickly and easily.

I think JH is right, he's not a sociopath/Antisocial Personality Disorder, they have no regard for others. He might well be Schizoid, they show little or no emotion at all.

MadScientist
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Pity he didn't put more effort into being a model human being.

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Those Pouncey boys....ugh. They seem to revel in the ugly side of human nature.

As for Urban Meyer, well, he and Pete Carroll seem to be running neck-and-neck for the title of Slipperiest Eel.

MadScientist
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
As for Urban Meyer, well, he and Pete Carroll seem to be running neck-and-neck for the title of Slipperiest Eel.
Urban Meyer back at it with a new group of thugs and miscreants:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/22/ohio-state-announces-suspension-not-dismissal-for-carlos-hyde/

Joemailman
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Hernandez charged with 2 more murders. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350482/article/aaron-hernandez-indicted-in-2012-double-homicide

mraynrand
05-15-2014, 05:11 PM
send my credentials to the house of detention

Guiness
05-15-2014, 05:44 PM
The Patriots have to be elated with this. Since this pre-dates him signing his contract, it would mean he accepted it under false pretenses and gives them a stronger case to invalidate it and recover some signing bonus...or so I thought. PFT has another article saying cutting him will prevent that.

woodbuck27
05-15-2014, 06:00 PM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/15/life-inside-prison-for-aaron-hernandez/k5GQZjyKZvy5aRgnZ3ndFL/story.html

Again, comments of no emotion. The more I read about him the more it seems like there is something off with him that is becoming more apparent. He doesn't feel emotion for himself either, it seems. Dude going from a mansion to a cell should feel be bathing in self-pity, no normal person adapts that quickly and easily.

I think JH is right, he's not a sociopath/Antisocial Personality Disorder, they have no regard for others. He might well be Schizoid, they show little or no emotion at all.

It's the obvious:

Personality disorder skirts around it:

He's a psychopath...

1) He has an absence of any guilt or remorse.

2.) He exhibits a shallow emotional reaction or response that in healthy people would otherwise cause a deeper response.

3.) He exhibits a lack of empathy.

I make just these few observations as thay became obvious to us via the media releases.

I'm relatively sure the media avails us to much more to comment on and his relevant diagnosis of psychopathy.

Just Jeff
05-15-2014, 06:27 PM
We have injuries, NE has murderers go to jail. It all evens out in the end.

QBME
05-16-2014, 06:40 AM
send my credentials to the house of detention

No, no, no....that was your previous avatar.

Joemailman
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
As the Patriots prepare for the Super Bowl, Aaron Hernandez goes to trial. http://www.charter.net/news/read/category/General/article/the_associated_press-openings_expected_in_murder_trial_of_expat_aaron_h-ap

woodbuck27
01-30-2015, 04:20 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/01/29/hernandez-lawyer-aaron-hernandez-innocent/QGGHujGydI9bUTfxcDtgFN/video.html?p1=related_article_page

[VIDEO]

Hernandez Lawyer: "Aaron Hernandez is Innocent"

mraynrand
01-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Hernandez Lawyer: "Aaron Hernandez is Innocent"

probably better than having Al Pacino as his lawyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BofddwtPBPw

Joemailman
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Judge says New England residents on the jury can watch the Super Bowl, buy they must leave the room if Aaron Hernandez is mentioned. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465784/article/judge-jury-can-watch-sb-unless-aaron-hernandez-mentioned

mraynrand
01-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Judge says New England residents on the jury can watch the Super Bowl, buy they must leave the room if Aaron Hernandez is mentioned. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465784/article/judge-jury-can-watch-sb-unless-aaron-hernandez-mentioned

Announcer: "You know who is certainly guilty of killing several people? Aaron Hernandez"
Juror: "I have to leave the room now. Did the judge say when I could come back?"

pbmax
01-30-2015, 06:17 PM
Announcer: "It would literally be murder to sit on that jury and listen to how those people were brutally assaulted."

Color Guy: "Speaking of assault, these refs are really letting the secondaries get away with a lot today."

pbmax
02-10-2015, 04:03 PM
That's going to hurt.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
Shayanna Jenkins gets immunity, will testify against Aaron Hernandez http://wp.me/p14QSB-9HPT

woodbuck27
02-10-2015, 05:33 PM
That's going to hurt.

Shayanna Jenkins gets immunity, will testify against Aaron Hernandez http://wp.me/p14QSB-9HPT

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR4sqdVZYUHwC9HpeicSW0JfhvZhukV _JhQJRZWMIusrHfn6ioQQ

Tell Shayanna to get out of my house.

red
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM
That's going to hurt.

he must not have given her enough money

he's probably gonna fry now, unless they can convince the court she's insane. and the fact that she dated him might help their case

red
03-06-2015, 04:41 PM
so, the trial is underway

it just came out today that there was a half smoked joint at the scene of the murder, with dna of two people on it, the guy who was killed, and hernandez

whoops #1

the car was a rental in hernandezs name, the cops went to check on the car and found it had been cleaned, in the trash they found a bullet casing that the girl who cleaned the car said she found under the seat

whoops #2

the shell was stuck to a piece of blue bubble gum when it was found under the seat by the cleaning girl. the shell has the dna of hernandez on it from the gum

WHOOPS

Joemailman
04-19-2017, 08:29 AM
It's over. Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell. Apparent suicide. What a waste of a life that once had a lot going for it. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19191248/former-new-england-patriots-te-aaron-hernandez-found-dead-prison-cell

esoxx
04-19-2017, 08:37 AM
That's a shame.

Smidgeon
04-19-2017, 09:21 AM
It's over. Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell. Apparent suicide. What a waste of a life that once had a lot going for it. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19191248/former-new-england-patriots-te-aaron-hernandez-found-dead-prison-cell

A very apropos statement.

MadScientist
04-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Good riddance. He finally killed someone who fully deserved it.

RashanGary
04-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Big parts of humanity are lost. So sad.