PDA

View Full Version : TE D.J. Williams likes to have fun, but knows 'it's time to put up or shut up'

woodbuck27
06-23-2013, 02:52 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20130622/PKR01/306220332/D-J-Williams-likes-fun-knows-s-time-put-up-shut-up-?nclick_check=1

Charismatic tight end D.J. Williams likes to have fun, but knows 'it's time to put up or shut up'

Video. ... Sat. Jun. 22, 2013

" For all the fun and games, the importance of this upcoming season never was lost on Williams. Now in his third NFL season, the 6-foot-2, 249-pound tight end understands what’s at stake once training camp rolls around in another month. " Fr. LINK above

Please click on LINK for the entire story.

PACKERS !

Bretsky
06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
AMEN

I really thought the dude had loads of receiving talent coming out of college. He still looks fluid to me. I hope he shows it this year.

denverYooper
06-23-2013, 07:40 PM
He seem to stay away from Miami scrip clubs and doesn't seem to have a proclivity toward shooting friends in the face, so that's good.

RashanGary
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
AMEN

I really thought the dude had loads of receiving talent coming out of college. He still looks fluid to me. I hope he shows it this year.

Agree. He has a HB type feel to him in the NFL that I think could have a place on this team. Finley (bigger this year, working on his full game), DJ Williams (FB body with TE receiving ability) and Eddie Lacy (potential legitimate running back) the Packers have some formations that they could run. I like his skillset. I don't think of him as your bellcow TE type, but I think he has a place, especially against teams who don't have an athletic base defense or teams that have a small base defense that we could possibly exploit in the run game. . . . . . I'll be paying attn to him, I guess that's all I'm sayin.

woodbuck27
06-24-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.packers.com/team/roster/D.J.-Williams/d72c9dad-fb64-45eb-85a6-b4fc05cab428

Comment woodbuck27:

He has such large potential.

College Biography:

•Appeared in 13 games as a rookie in 2011, posting two receptions for 13 yards and three tackles on special teams.

•In 2010, became the first Arkansas TE to win the John Mackey Award, an honor given to the nation’s top tight end.

•Received the 2010 Disney Spirit Award, which is given to the most inspirational figure in college football.

•Finished his Arkansas career with 152 receptions, the second-highest total in school history and the most by a non-wide receiver.

•Set the single-season school record for catches by a tight end with 61 as a sophomore in 2008.

•Earned Arkansas Super Team honors from The Associated Press as a linebacker at Central Arkansas Christian School in North Little Rock.

Pro Highlights:

•Played in 13 contests as a rookie in ’11 and caught two passes for 13 yards (6.5 avg.).

•Was also a regular on special teams and registered three tackles.

•Took on an increased role on offense following fellow TE Andrew Quarless’ season-ending knee injury sustained at the N.Y. Giants in Week 13.

•Selected by the Packers in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft (No. 141 overall). His fifth-round selection marked the earliest an Arkansas TE had ever been drafted, besting the seventh-round selection of Jim Collier in 1961 by the N.Y. Giants.

PACKERS !