PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers 2013 Schedule Analysis

woodbuck27
06-23-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers-2013-schedule-analysis

Green Bay Packers 2013 Schedule Analysis

By: Braden Gall ... 6/20/13, 12:30 PM EDT

The Packers have gone to the playoffs four straight seasons and in five of head coach Mike McCarthy's seven seasons.

Green Bay Packers 2013 Schedule:

Week 1: at San Francisco
Week 2: Washington
Week 3: at Cincinnati

Week 4: BYE

Week 5: Detroit
Week 6: at Baltimore
Week 7: Cleveland
Week 8: at Minnesota
Week 9: Chicago (Mon.)

Week 10: Philadelphia
Week 11: at New York Giants
Week 12: Minnesota
Week 13: at Detroit (Thurs.)
Week 14: Atlanta
Week 15: at Dallas
Week 16: Pittsburgh
Week 17: at Chicago

Out of the Gate:

" The start to the season won't be easy for the defending NFC North champs. Two road trips to playoff teams in San Francisco and Cincinnati are packaged around a visit from Robert Griffin III, provided he's healthy and on the field. The first month ends abruptly, however, with the earliest possible off weekend in Week 4. A winning record after the first four weeks would be considered a successful start to the year. " Fr. LINK above

Toughest Stretch:

" Where to begin? The first three are nasty and a four-week stretch in the middle is equally tough (Weeks 8-11). But the final four games will be the toughest and likely most important. Massive NFC matchups with Atlanta and Dallas lead up to a rare visit from historic AFC power Pittsburgh in Week 16 before the season ends on a tough road trip to Chicago. The Packers' fate — and playoff seeding — won't be determined until the final four weeks of the 2013 campaign. " Fr. LINK above

Please click on LINK above for much more and this article and analysis on our 2013 season schedule.

GO PACK GO !

Upnorth
06-24-2013, 12:09 PM
RE 49ers with all the doom and gloom this offseason about how much superior the 9ers are to us, I looked at the score to the game, we put up 31 points which is not bad and we actually had a lead at some points. Our defence played poor contain and they got blown out in the second half. If we can play disciplined d, and our oline can block for more than 2 seconds I think we win this time. Maybe i'm drinking koolaid, but something tells me we have had enough time to make necessay adjustments to the read option (if they go there) and if they don't it will be at worst a close close game.

woodbuck27
06-24-2013, 12:39 PM
RE 49ers with all the doom and gloom this offseason about how much superior the 9ers are to us, I looked at the score to the game, we put up 31 points which is not bad and we actually had a lead at some points. Our defence played poor contain and they got blown out in the second half. If we can play disciplined d, and our oline can block for more than 2 seconds I think we win this time. Maybe i'm drinking koolaid, but something tells me we have had enough time to make necessay adjustments to the read option (if they go there) and if they don't it will be at worst a close close game.

This game will be certainly huge and with a ton of NFL fan interest.

Opening the season:

Week 1: at San Francisco
Week 2: Washington
Week 3: at Cincinnati

Isn't what you might call any break. The entire Packer schedule looks tough with 13 games following the Bye Week. With one rather easier touch and the Cleveland Browns at Lambeau Field in our 6th game in week 7. The team is going to have to get it going early and somehow stand up to adversity.

GO PACK GO !

Willard
06-24-2013, 10:32 PM
I dislike having such an early bye week. I guess getting 10 days off after turkey day helps, but there are 9 games after that break before the wild card week bye.

Pugger
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm no fan of that early bye week either. :-?

Guiness
06-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Starting the season against 3 playoff teams as well.

Cheesehead Craig
06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm no fan of that early bye week either. :-?

But that just gives us time to sign some street FA after the Pack put their obligatory 3 players on IR after the first 3 weeks.

Fritz
06-27-2013, 01:42 PM
My in-depth analysis:

Man, that looks like a tough schedule.

But maybe a tough schedule will toughen them up for the playoffs.

10 - 6 seems fair enough, depending upon injuries, of course. Or the lack thereof.

Joemailman
06-27-2013, 08:34 PM
My in-depth analysis:

Man, that looks like a tough schedule.

But maybe a tough schedule will toughen them up for the playoffs.

10 - 6 seems fair enough, depending upon injuries, of course. Or the lack thereof.

I think the road schedule looks really tough, but the home schedule is pretty manageable. The good news is that the Packers have been one of the NFL's best road teams under McCarthy. They've been 32-24 on the road. I'm thinking 2013 might be a repeat of 2012: 7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road.

run pMc
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
7-1 at home, 4-4 on the road
I'd take that. As much as we all live and die from Sunday to Sunday with each game, 11-5 is pretty good and should either clinch the division or a wild-card.