PDA

View Full Version : NFL.COM's Power Rankings June 25, 2013 ... Where are the Green Bay Packers Ranked?

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214575/article/power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-leapfrog-san-francisco-49ers

Power Rankings: Seattle Seahawks leapfrog San Francisco 49ers

By Elliot Harrison ... Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: June 25, 2013 at 01:40 PM ... Updated: June 25, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Comment woodbuck27:

Three teams are now ranked ahead of us in the NFC. Seattle, San Fran and Atlanta.

As these rankings presently sit. We have to face three of the top ten teams in weeks 1-3 (@ San Fran 49ers; (H) Washington Redskins and @ Cincinnati Bengals) before our Bye Week.

Considering that we have the 5th toughest SOS in the NFL. These three opening games will be exciting and critical for our 2013 season's success.

The Green Bay Packers entire 3013 season schedule:

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-13/2013-green-bay-packers-football-schedule.php

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Here's another view ( Jun 11 2013 ) that has us returning to the Super Bowl (again) in a Super Bowl XXXII rematch Vs the Denver Broncos:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/11/4417416/2013-nfl-power-rankings-countdown-2-green-bay-packers

Full Rankings:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/13/4425122/2013-nfl-power-rankings-offseason-recap

PACKERS !

bobblehead
06-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I am buying and bullish on this team.....its the most talented team I have ever been associated with.

mraynrand
06-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I am buying and bullish on this team.....its the most talented team I have ever been associated with.

Associated with? Are you the guy selling them HGH?

pbmax
06-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Bobble please stop selling to Neal.

bobblehead
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Associated with? Are you the guy selling them HGH?

I own a share of stock of course...and I was quoting another packer great.

Fritz
06-26-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214575/article/power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-leapfrog-san-francisco-49ers

Power Rankings: Seattle Seahawks leapfrog San Francisco 49ers

By Elliot Harrison ... Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

Published: June 25, 2013 at 01:40 PM ... Updated: June 25, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Comment woodbuck27:

Three teams are now ranked ahead of us in the NFC. Seattle, San Fran and Atlanta.

As these rankings presently sit. We have to face three of the top ten teams in weeks 1-3 (@ San Fran 49ers; (H) Washington Redskins and @ Cincinnati Bengals) before our Bye Week.

Considering that we have the 5th toughest SOS in the NFL. These three opening games will be exciting and critical for our 2013 season's success.

The Green Bay Packers entire 3013 season schedule:

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-13/2013-green-bay-packers-football-schedule.php

GO PACKERS !

I like that Seattle has "leapfrogged" San Fran with nary a game being played.

TT has been here for how many years, and has yet to win the paper championship. Damn him.

Why play the games at all? Let's just have the writers and fans decide!

Guiness
06-26-2013, 11:24 AM

TT has been here for how many years, and has yet to win the paper championship. Damn him.

SF has had a terrible offseason. Crabtree at minimum is going to start the season on the PUP, and there's a chance he ends up on the IR with that Achilles injury. Manningham won't be in TC and maybe not ready for week 1. Those are some big losses, a lot is going to fall on Boldin and the first round receiver from the 2012 draft. Looks like they're talking about repeating the David Boston experiment and having Vernon Davis play WR.

You're right though, ya gotta play the games, and last time these 2 met SF came out on top. You didn't complain about the Ravens (you know, the defending SB champs?) being at 5, although I tend to agree a bit more there too, they've lost a lot.

George Cumby
06-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Season is over kids, I can't wait for the draft.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Here's another view ( Jun 11 2013 ) that has us returning to the Super Bowl (again) in a Super Bowl XXXII rematch Vs the Denver Broncos:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6...en-bay-packers

Full Rankings:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6...ffseason-recap

PACKERS !

Fritz
06-26-2013, 11:52 AM
SF has had a terrible offseason. Crabtree at minimum is going to start the season on the PUP, and there's a chance he ends up on the IR with that Achilles injury. Manningham won't be in TC and maybe not ready for week 1. Those are some big losses, a lot is going to fall on Boldin and the first round receiver from the 2012 draft. Looks like they're talking about repeating the David Boston experiment and having Vernon Davis play WR.

You're right though, ya gotta play the games, and last time these 2 met SF came out on top. You didn't complain about the Ravens (you know, the defending SB champs?) being at 5, although I tend to agree a bit more there too, they've lost a lot.

I didn't say anything because I didn't even look at the rankings. I was just amused that one team could leapfrog another in the offseason. I know it's just grist for the mill, but it still seems kinda funny that people seem to take this seriously.

Guiness
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I didn't say anything because I didn't even look at the rankings. I was just amused that one team could leapfrog another in the offseason. I know it's just grist for the mill, but it still seems kinda funny that people seem to take this seriously.

I find the bottom 5 to be more worth of discussion than the top 5 when looking at these lists. Raiders, Jags, Chiefs, Buffalo and the Jets. Seems about right, and I don't really see any of those teams breaking out of that this year. You'd think the Jags could build something around MJD, but it doesn't look like they will. Conspicuous by their absence is the Browns, and I'm not so sure the Eagles shouldn't be down there.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 12:21 PM

Fritz what it really comes down to now is that it's so slow. Not a lot to post and discuss here that's media based NFL (sports worthy) news.

Damn the biggest story today surrounds a possible murder charge and an NFL TE. That's really very pathetic.

What's worse is 'the idiot factor' and any joke and that in terms of that murder victim's family and loved one's.

Why does this stuff bring out the idiots?

Guiness
06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Fritz what it really comes down to now is that it's so slow. Not a lot to post and discuss here that's media based NFL (sports worthy) news.

Damn the biggest story today surrounds a possible murder charge and an NFL TE. That's really very pathetic.

What's worse is 'the idiot factor' and any joke and that in terms of that murder victim's family and loved one's.

Why does this stuff bring out the idiots?

In fairness, the Hernandez story would likely be leading the headlines in OR out of season.

woodbuck27
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
In fairness, the Hernandez story would likely be leading the headlines in OR out of season.

I just checked CNN a little while ago and I got sick waiting through reems of commercials to see what their lead story was.

Here's the formal arraignment right now. He's in court. About to be formally charged.

Tony Oday
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Seattle and San Francisco are not the top two teams nor will they finish that way.

Pugger
06-27-2013, 10:24 AM
The offseason champs usually end up being chumps.

denverYooper
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Seattle and San Francisco are not the top two teams nor will they finish that way.

Viva Los Rams!

RashanGary
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Russell Wilson has a lot to prove, but I like his game and I like his chances. If Wilson really pans out for the Seahawks, I think they're the best team in the league.

We have Aaron Rodgers and a coach not named Pete Carroll. I think we're the more solid bet, but they're the highest upside team IMO. I love the way they're built.

Guiness
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Russell Wilson has a lot to prove, but I like his game and I like his chances. If Wilson really pans out for the Seahawks, I think they're the best team in the league.

We have Aaron Rodgers and a coach not named Pete Carroll. I think we're the more solid bet, but they're the highest upside team IMO. I love the way they're built.

They're a team that seems to be headed in the right direction. A few things will decide how they do from here - if Russell has a sophomore slump, if teams having a year of film on him (and Kaepernick) reduces their effectiveness, if Lynch continues to play as he has, if Caroll's coaching has staying power in the league or his act wears thin, and lastly, if they have the PED problems under control.

Overall, no major issues there.

RashanGary
06-27-2013, 01:50 PM
They're a team that seems to be headed in the right direction. A few things will decide how they do from here - if Russell has a sophomore slump, if teams having a year of film on him (and Kaepernick) reduces their effectiveness, if Lynch continues to play as he has, if Caroll's coaching has staying power in the league or his act wears thin, and lastly, if they have the PED problems under control.

Overall, no major issues there.

All of that make sense. Their talent alone, they seem like the highest upside team. Their defensive toughness is off the charts. We'll see though. I'm with you, like all teams, they have their question marks.