PDA

View Full Version : Real football returns to the lucky.

Upnorth
06-29-2013, 08:48 PM
If your a fan of football this weekend ends a four month drought. And I am pleased to announce that the Riders are flipping awesome kicking a certain rats beloved Eskimos 39-18. Ahhh, it's good to be king.

Guiness
06-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Hmmm. Had their way with them in the pre-season to boot.

Going to be another long season for the Northern version of the G&G.

Upnorth
06-30-2013, 10:44 AM
In other CFL news,
Montreal beats Winnipeg in the dieing seconds 38-33
Toronto beats Hamilton 39-34
Calgary beats BC 44-32

All games were exciting, unless you're an Edmonton fan (salt let me introduce you to wound)

Upnorth
07-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Highlight videos of the games,

http://cfl.ca/video/index

They are quite good, just give them a try.

hoosier
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM

You sound like a shop owner trying to get rid of an overstock of Miller Lite. :-)

When I was a kid I used to watch CFL on the rare occasion when all the baseball games were in rain delays. It always felt like watching college baseball, by which I mean that even if the talent gap weren't so drastic (and that was back in the day when the CFL was competing for good college prospects like Bruce Clark) there were just enough rule differences (metal bat in college; three downs, field width, and so on in CFL) to make it unwatchable.

Upnorth
07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
While there is a talent gap it is not as pronounced as most think, the CFL has a different skill set due to the larger field.
Also IMO it is watch this or more bs NFL offseason crap. Give me the game any day of the week.
If you like the grind it out style of game, the CFL is not your cup of tea, if you like lots of vertical offense you should give it a try.
I believe this is the third year I have done this, is the third time the charm?

packer4life
07-02-2013, 06:51 PM
OK I'll bite. This was actually quite enjoyable. I am salivating for week 1 of NFL however.

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/85579

denverYooper
07-03-2013, 08:17 AM

packer4life
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM
From the highlights, it seems like the CFL has no presnap count deception. 3 WRs run through the line of scrimmage at the hike of the ball. Doesn't that make it easy for DL to get a quick jump on the OLine and get some easy sacks just based on quickness?

Upnorth
07-03-2013, 09:34 AM
From the highlights, it seems like the CFL has no presnap count deception. 3 WRs run through the line of scrimmage at the hike of the ball. Doesn't that make it easy for DL to get a quick jump on the OLine and get some easy sacks just based on quickness?

Pre snap Offensive movement is less limited here as you pointed out, however I don't think it affects the DLs pass rush ability or at least not that I have noticed. I have seen slot receivers pull up and be used to chip outside rushers coming into the backfield. While it looks like the pass rushers may have a cleaner path to the qb, the recent trend of mobile QB's in the nfl has been a rule of thumb in the cfl for over a decade so the DL has their work cut out for them.

As an aside, I think if we do see more of the read option style of play in the NFL we may see smaller faster players on both sides of the ball to combat that speed.

Upnorth
07-03-2013, 09:44 AM
So the weekly schedual is as follows,

Winnipeg @ Montreal 4th July at 7pm et
Toronto@ BC 4th July @ 10pm et
Calgary @ Saskatchewan 5th July at 9pm et (GO RIDERS!!!)
Edmonton @ Hamilton 5th July at 5pm et

Montreal should beat Winnipeg but back to back games are hard to win two in a row.
Toronto beating BC would be awesome from my perspective, but I have learnt to put no trust in consistency from Toronto for over a decade now.
Edmonton will have its hands full taking on the Hamilton with Henry (the bastard) Burris throwing to Andy Fantuz.
Calgary vrs Saskatchewan is always a full bore game, but Saskatchewans D is looking great and our O was firing on all cylinders last week.
So my picks are Monteal by 10, BC by 3, Hamilton by 7 and Saskatchewan by 456 (seriously 7).

QBME
07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
So the weekly schedual is as follows,

Winnipeg @ Montreal 4th July at 7pm et
Toronto@ BC 4th July @ 10pm et
Calgary @ Saskatchewan 5th July at 9pm et (GO RIDERS!!!)
Edmonton @ Hamilton 5th July at 5pm et

Montreal should beat Winnipeg but back to back games are hard to win two in a row.
Toronto beating BC would be awesome from my perspective, but I have learnt to put no trust in consistency from Toronto for over a decade now.
Edmonton will have its hands full taking on the Hamilton with Henry (the bastard) Burris throwing to Andy Fantuz.
Calgary vrs Saskatchewan is always a full bore game, but Saskatchewans D is looking great and our O was firing on all cylinders last week.
So my picks are Monteal by 10, BC by 3, Hamilton by 7 and Saskatchewan by 456 (seriously 7).

Henry Burris? I thought he was dead.

Guiness
07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
While there is a talent gap it is not as pronounced as most think, the CFL has a different skill set due to the larger field.
Also IMO it is watch this or more bs NFL offseason crap. Give me the game any day of the week.
If you like the grind it out style of game, the CFL is not your cup of tea, if you like lots of vertical offense you should give it a try.
I believe this is the third year I have done this, is the third time the charm?

They are different games, with different requirements for the players, and different levels of fitness. When guys get cut from NFL camps and come north, they sometimes show up too 'muscle bound', especially the backs. I find people tend to be a fan of one or the other, not many are a fan of both.

I'm that way with Pro vs College game - I don't really like the amateurs. I don't like ridiculous mismatches that you get when a BSC team is playing some also-ran, and I like to see good execution all over the field instead of half the guys looking like they know what's going on, and the other half not being sure what the play call really meant.

George Cumby
07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Highlight videos of the games,

http://cfl.ca/video/index

That was fun, UN. Thanks for posting!

My God, that end zone is HUGE.

Your team is Edmonton?

Guiness
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Your team is Edmonton?

Yup, he's a closet Edmonton fan, just waiting to show his true colours:whist:

Upnorth
07-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Your team is Edmonton?

Is that a bear on your avatar? I think I should turn you in to the packers loyalty commission that was started on another thread. Calling me a Eskimos fan, of all the low down dirty rotten non good things....grrrrr.
And that's enough outta you there Guiness.

Guiness
07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Is that a bear on your avatar? I think I should turn you in to the packers loyalty commission that was started on another thread. Calling me a Eskimos fan, of all the low down dirty rotten non good things....grrrrr.

I was SO happy I got here to reply to that before you did!

woodbuck27
07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
GO Al's GO !

Upnorth
07-04-2013, 10:26 PM
GO Al's GO !

Winning back to back is hard. BC sure stopped the als o. Wrong one one so far

RashanGary
07-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Just read up on my CFL history. Looks like a cool league. If I can find games, maybe I'll download and follow a team this season, give me something to do.

Upnorth
07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Just read up on my CFL history. Looks like a cool league. If I can find games, maybe I'll download and follow a team this season, give me something to do.

Tsn.ca used to live stream if not anymore then use firstrowsports (might be front row just Google it). As to picking a team I humbly submit the Riders for your consideration. Publicly owned like the packers, excellent fans in a small market. It just makes sense. Also in my unbiased opinion cheering for Edmonton is like cheering for the bears, Calgary is the vikings and BC is the lions.

Guiness
07-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Tsn.ca used to live stream if not anymore then use firstrowsports (might be front row just Google it). As to picking a team I humbly submit the Riders for your consideration. Publicly owned like the packers, excellent fans in a small market. It just makes sense. Also in my unbiased opinion cheering for Edmonton is like cheering for the bears, Calgary is the vikings and BC is the lions.

Unbiased my ass, you toothless, green, watermelon-helmet-wearing roughie from the crotch of Canada! [/Mike Kelly]

Upnorth
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Unbiased my ass, you toothless, green, watermelon-helmet-wearing roughie from the crotch of Canada! [/Mike Kelly]

See what I mean guys, completely uncouth unprofessional behavior which is beneath the honor of a true packer and rider fan. Besides if roughies are the crotch they are the enormous cock and balls of Canada whereas the eskies are the taint.

George Cumby
07-05-2013, 06:31 PM

It is a bear..... A bear's ass.

So, your an Alouette's fan?

channtheman
07-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Can someone outline the scoring differences quickly? I was watching (well, it was on the TV in the background as I browsed the net) but I think I noticed a team got one point when they missed a field goal. What is that all about?

Upnorth
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Can someone outline the scoring differences quickifly? I was watching (well, it was on the TV in the background as I browsed the net) but I think I noticed a team got one point when they missed a field goal. What is that all about?

Goes back to old rugby roots, if you kick a ball into or through the end zone and the receiving team does not advance the ball out of the end zone you get a single. If you take a touch back up here its going to cost you and that point has lead to some awesome end of games special teams play.

Also 36-21 riders over Calgary. Awesome game and we are in the zone, Go Riders! Having a good oline again is so nice, our rb Koy Sheets is making it look easy

Guiness
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Goes back to old rugby roots, if you kick a ball into or through the end zone and the receiving team does not advance the ball out of the end zone you get a single. If you take a touch back up here its going to cost you and that point has lead to some awesome end of games special teams play.

Also 36-21 riders over Calgary. Awesome game and we are in the zone, Go Riders! Having a good oline again is so nice, our rb Koy Sheets is making it look easy

The love the play that results from the rouge. It add another element to field goals, there's a guy back in the end zone, and if the FG is missed, he tries to catch and bring the ball out - usually no problem, but it can make for some hairy moments as the field goal team tries to get down there an tackle him!

Upnorth
07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Winnipeg 19 Montreal 11 poor woody.
Toronto 16 BC 24,
Calgary 21 Saskatchewan 36, going into the half it was 21-14 and close. From then on the Riders caught fire with 22 unanswered points. It was do loud you could not even think, great great game!
Edmonton 30, Hamilton 20. Edmonton looked good, making the tickets seem out of rhythm on O and confused on D.

Highlights http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/85895/autostart/1

Upnorth
07-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Riders dominated again tonight!!! Let's Go Riders!

digitaldean
07-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Been able to catch a couple CFL games on TSN through the justin.tv channel on my Roku media player. It's been entertaining. Congrats on the Riders start. Looks like they're off and running.

Montreal sure looks dismal. Losing their first 2 games at home and looking woefully inept on offense since Trestmann left.

Upnorth
07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Been able to catch a couple CFL games on TSN through the justin.tv channel on my Roku media player. It's been entertaining. Congrats on the Riders start. Looks like they're off and running.

Montreal sure looks dismal. Losing their first 2 games at home and looking woefully inept on offense since Trestmann left.

Great to see you back! I'm concerned about how much it was tressman vrs callvio. If it was a lot of tressman then cutlery will not look like as big of a screw up

woodbuck27
07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Great to see you back! I'm concerned about how much it was tressman vrs callvio. If it was a lot of tressman then cutlery will not look like as big of a screw up

The guy they have as HC in Montreal isn't anything like Marc Trestman. I predict that he'll soon be gone .

Guiness
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM

I was thinking the same thing

digitaldean
07-15-2013, 11:09 PM
The guy they have as HC in Montreal isn't anything like Marc Trestman. I predict that he'll soon be gone .

After Hawkins left Boise State Univ. for Univ. of Colorado, his star has faded badly. He was horrible at Colorado and got canned relatively quickly. After listening to AC's comments after the first home loss, it sure sounded like they weren't on the same page at all.

Upnorth
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Riders go for 4-0 today, however after last season I'm worried. We were 3-0 looking awesome and then pooped the bed losing five in a row.
Tressman is missed in Montreal. They were up 20 odd points before giving up 35 unanswered points. They are looking bad. Toronto's d showed up in a decisive victory and BC show Edmonton the door.

Go Riders go!

digitaldean
07-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Nice game for the Riders. Caught last quarter and a half on justin.tv. Bagg had a great game. 60 yarder was a pure speed burner. Nice shutout by Mean Green.

Upnorth
07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Nice game for the Riders. Caught last quarter and a half on justin.tv. Bagg had a great game. 60 yarder was a pure speed burner. Nice shutout by Mean Green.

What an unbelievable game!!! 37-0 awesome. The stands were unreal, managed to get last minute ticket with a friend. Wow, my voice is almost gone!

Go Riders!

One thing that bugged me was leaving sheets in to run out the clock in the last 6 minutes. The game was over don't risk our star rb.

digitaldean
07-22-2013, 09:34 PM
What an unbelievable game!!! 37-0 awesome. The stands were unreal, managed to get last minute ticket with a friend. Wow, my voice is almost gone!

Go Riders!

One thing that bugged me was leaving sheets in to run out the clock in the last 6 minutes. The game was over don't risk our star rb.

Assuming they were trying to get him a 100 yard game. After he had about 4-5 good runs he finally took himself out.

ThunderDan
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Real Football starts Thursday for me. The Packers report and the first practice is Friday morning.

Upnorth
07-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Real Football starts Thursday for me. The Packers report and the first practice is Friday morning.

That's why I said for the lucky. We have been watching exciting games for four weeks now and get another five weeks of meaningful games before the first NFL snap. I like football you are lucky to get it from July through February instead of September through February.

Also the Riders are kicking major butt so most of saskatchewan is in a good mood as well!

Upnorth
07-24-2013, 10:11 AM
So week five of an exciting CFL season kicks starts and I know you have all been waiting for an update with baited breath, so here goes.
Thursday 730 ET Edmonton @ Montreal
Friday 8 ET Calagary @ Winnipeg
Saturday 730 ET Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
and in a really stupid schedualing move ends
Tuesday 730 ET BC @ Toronto (Tuesday??? Really???)
Any way both Edmonton and Montreal are looking poor this year, will the winner get some needed momentum? I saw Edmonton beats Montreal. Winnipeg is in disarray holding a players only meeting yesterday so a strong Calgary team should roll. Saskatchewan should beat Hamilton after destroying them 37-0 on sunday in a strive to get to 5 -0 (awesome!). BC is looking good and Toronto is manic depressive so I expect BC to win, but you never know with Toronto (also did I mention how stupid a tuesday game is?)

hoosier
07-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I think the MAC (think Northern Illinois, Bowling Green) has Tuesday night games. If it's good enough for them....:-)

digitaldean
07-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice game for the Riders. Pretty ugly start but they poured it on after that idiotic challenge by Hamilton. Willy and Sheets looked awesome. Hamilton had their chances but Burris' short hops, dropped passes or bad blocking did them in. Watched part of Win - Cgy game. Winnipeg and Hamilton are god awful.

Upnorth
07-28-2013, 12:03 AM
5-0 yes! What a great feeling especially with the backup QB starting. Thank god it was Hamilton we were playing. Speaking of backup qb's the Calgary QB was 29 of 34 for 347 yards and 3 tds. Looks good.
Way to post dd, at least I'm not talking to myself here.

digitaldean
07-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I actually like watching CFL. It's unique while still being close to NFL football. Always liked CBC sportscasts, even though TSN does CFL now.

Upnorth
08-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Going into week six and the Riders look very strong at 5-0 but a 4-1 Calgary team is hot on their heels. Both are on the bye.

Hamilton @ Edmonton Friday @ 9et
Winnipeg @ BC Monday @ 7et

Is Hamilton what Edmonton needs to get some confidence before the bye? Can beat BC and send them packing?

Upnorth
08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Good game last night with Edmonton making the second half exciting but loosing on a last second field goal. Both starting qb's were benched for a drive this game and both responded well to the push. I still think Cary Koch is one of the more fluid wrs I've seen.

digitaldean
08-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Good game last night with Edmonton making the second half exciting but loosing on a last second field goal. Both starting qb's were benched for a drive this game and both responded well to the push. I still think Cary Koch is one of the more fluid wrs I've seen.

Edmonton dug themselves too big a hole with so many 2 and outs.

Esks HC Did a lame job of pulling Reilly. More or less he let him find out when the backup ran on the field and offensive coordinator tells Reilly at last second to stay on sidelines. Heard that the HC is on the hot seat with that loss.

Ticats did great job of breaking up 2 pt conversion.

Upnorth
08-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Just to follow up, BC beat Winnipeg 27-20 in a close game that should not have been. Perhaps the lions are not as good as I thought, which is a relief to me. Now if we can just get Calgary to play like the Lions...

THis week has 2 games,
Toronto @ Montreal, 730 ET
Saskatchewan @ Calgary, Friday 9 ET
Montreal should win, and if not Toronto will start to pull away from the rest of the East.
The Riders vrs Stamps is a real heavy weight fight with the two top teams in the league playing. These matches are always hard fought both on the field and in the stands. Usually 40 to 50% of the fans are former Sask residents who have moved to cow town and it is always loud during these games. I am not going but wish I was, and if the riders can win will have a 2 game lead on Calgary, a loss and all teh work getting to 5-0 goes up in smoke. Hope Durants ankle is 100%, GO RIDERS GO!

Upnorth
08-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Crapo game offense played below standard and the defense gave up half as many points in this game as the previous five together. I'm going to pout for a while now.

digitaldean
08-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Crapo game offense played below standard and the defense gave up half as many points in this game as the previous five together. I'm going to pout for a while now.

Well at least you have one more shot at them. Now west is all tied up. They had a shot to get back in it but Cornish peeled off that big run near the end.

Look on the bright side, your team could be Winnipeg. They canned the GM and president this week, sounds like a mess there and in Montreal.

Upnorth
08-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Hamilton @ Winnipeg, friday 8et. Hamilton should win this one.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan Sat 4 et. Riders get back to winning and will be angry after last game.
Calgary @ BC sat 9et I hate cheering for BC, but screw them calagary aholes!!!! (bitter grrr)
Edmonton @ Toronto Sunday 7et. Poor Guiness, Toronto is on a roll.

Dean you are right about that game and that run. Winnipeg is gonna win maybe 3 more games this season and are just about a bye week at this point.

digitaldean
08-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Hamilton @ Winnipeg, friday 8et. Hamilton should win this one.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan Sat 4 et. Riders get back to winning and will be angry after last game.
Calgary @ BC sat 9et I hate cheering for BC, but screw them calagary aholes!!!! (bitter grrr)
Edmonton @ Toronto Sunday 7et. Poor Guiness, Toronto is on a roll.

Dean you are right about that game and that run. Winnipeg is gonna win maybe 3 more games this season and are just about a bye week at this point.

Eskimos were rotating QBs in last game if I remember correctly. Their QB carousel is worse than the Bears merry go round over the past decade. So they're kind of in a mess too.Being 1-5 and in the cellar, it'll take a miracle for them to be in the hunt, even with the crossover possibilities.

Montreal could have a resurgence now that Hawkins is not the HC. Never knew why a guy who had a HORRIBLE time at Colorado and no CFL experience was picked as a HC.

From what I've seen of the CFL games on TSN, the Hamilton coach looks to have his house in order. They have a green secondary, but they are scrappy enough that they might make some noise in the playoffs. If Burriss can avoid his token bonehead throws, they've got a shot.

Upnorth
08-17-2013, 05:28 PM
14-11 gahhh, why can't we put them away!

digitaldean
08-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Upnorth, no offens, but the Riders let an inferior team nearly beat them. That turnover for a TD was nearly the game winner. Schmitt actually should get the game MVP. He got them a single and was just a howitzer with his leg. Durant looked out of sync. Plus WTF was that idiotic lateral for, he trying to get Sheets killed?

A win is a win, but zero style points offensively. As for the Als, Calvillo looked HORRIBLE before getting KO'd. Hate to say it, but he looks DONE.

Upnorth
08-17-2013, 09:17 PM
That should have been a loss. No way the Riders earned a W today. I hope it was just them coming in expecting to win and this screws there heads on straight.

digitaldean
08-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Against Montreal or Winnipeg this year, they get away with it. Against BC or the Stamps it's a loss. Montreal may finally have to realize that the AC era is over. If Winnipeg wasn't so lame they'd be in the cellar.

Upnorth
08-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Great news everyone,
http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&sa=N&biw=349&bih=344&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=cW1xswtK0u7YeM:&imgrefurl=http://www.unpopularscience.co.uk/popular-science/&docid=m1VUYeWXqGaDxM&imgurl=http://www.unpopularscience.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Professor-Farnsworth.png&w=630&h=507&ei=E14ZUovFMoeMyAGo6oDwCg&zoom=1
the Riders won again! This time edmonton came with three points of pulling the upset. I'm not liking this trend.

digitaldean
08-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Lost the feed to the game until late in 4th quarter. Heard that Edmonton blew some chances from 2 yd line with turnovers. Sounds like that and the 1-2 punch of Durant and Sheets had a big day. Has to suck for Edmonton. They aren't woefully inept as Winnipeg, but they have the exact same record.

Looked like Reilly took some real shots today for the Esks. Nice to see BC choke that game away vs. the Als the other night.

Upnorth
08-28-2013, 09:59 AM
CFL games this week,
Hamilton @ BC Friday 10pm ET Hamilton has been on a roll, I think they win this road game
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan Sunday 4pm ET This is a labour day classic that has been the most important game of the regular season for decades now. It is an amazing game to go to. If you ever take in 1 CFL game, the Bombers @ Riders on labour day is the game to go to. Watermelon helmets as far as the eyes can see (they hold in a suprising amount of heat once they dry out fwiw). If you go in the stands at any game anywhere and see some one with a watermelon helmet they are probably a riders fan and it all started at the labour day classic. Anyway the Riders should rock this one easy, and if not all of saskatchewan will need mood elevators next week.
Edmonton @ Calgary Monday @ 2pm ET I think this will be the upset this week (or at least I hope so). Edmonton has been scrappy the last couple of weeks and should be at least competitive.
Montreal @ Toronto Tuesday 730pm ET Again what is with the tuesday games??? Toronto should win this one. Speaking of Montreal where is woody?

Upnorth
09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Riders win but come out flat. They keep this up and no grey cup.

digitaldean
09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Riders win but come out flat. They keep this up and no grey cup.

Saw that they were down at halftime but came back in third qtr to take lead. Playing down to their competition?

Upnorth
09-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Looks like they have been. Edmonton loses by 3 after coming on strong. Seems like a theme for them lately which means it will eventually click. If they get hot now (back to back vrs winnipeg might help) they might make some noise in the last half and may even get a cross over. They just need to learn how to win (sound familiar?)

Montreal beat toronto just when I was starting to think they were for real, proving once again Toronto is only a threat in the playoffs, just like the new york giants.

digitaldean
09-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Pretty pissed this wknd. Internet feeds from Justin.tv been pretty crappy so missed the CFL games this wknd.

Upnorth
09-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Pretty pissed this wknd. Internet feeds from Justin.tv been pretty crappy so missed the CFL games this wknd.

This was a horrible football weekend for me. Packers loose and riders loose with in fifteen minutes of each other. Sigh.

digitaldean
09-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Sask. lost to freaking Winnipeg?! That's like losing to Jacksonville!

Upnorth
09-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Best lost to worst, it happens. The oline play has steadily slipped since game six and the run game with it. Coming out slow caught up with them this time. I'm putting ion the coaching more than anything but we will see.

Hamilton walked over BC, Calgary beat edmonton and Toronto beat Montreal.
Speaking of french Canadian you heard from woody lately?

digitaldean
09-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Best lost to worst, it happens. The oline play has steadily slipped since game six and the run game with it. Coming out slow caught up with them this time. I'm putting ion the coaching more than anything but we will see.

Hamilton walked over BC, Calgary beat edmonton and Toronto beat Montreal.
Speaking of french Canadian you heard from woody lately?

Haven't heard from Woody in at least a month and a half.

Guiness
09-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Up/King of the North - your boys are behaving badly! Three of them charged with assault.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Saskatchewan/2013/09/13/21121331.html

Upnorth
09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Up/King of the North - your boys are behaving badly! Three of them charged with assault.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Saskatchewan/2013/09/13/21121331.html

Oh goody, that will help the team who struggles out of the gate to focus. I'm starting to wonder if we will make it to the grey cup let alone win.

Upnorth
09-14-2013, 09:50 AM
So a weeks worth of apathy and depression evaporates today in a chance for redemption and glory. Unfortunately the Hamilton failcats could not beat the Calgary stinkpeders last night and for the first time this season some besides the greatest team in the CFL, the one and only Roughriders, are in first place in the west. I realize this is difficult for most of you to hear but there is hope. If the Riders beat the bipolar argos they will have a share of first as is right and good.
Guiness should be happy as there is no way the sad sack bombers can win two weeks in a row, meaning Edmonton might taste victory for the first time in over two months.
Finally woody's alouettes will lose to the pesky BC lions proving once again no matter where you go lions are annoying (shout out to Fritz in the heart of the lions den).
Can I get a go Riders?

Upnorth
09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Edmonton up big time at the half dominating the bombers so far. Remember how it feels Guiness?

Guiness
09-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Edmonton up big time at the half dominating the bombers so far. Remember how it feels Guiness?

Not really, it's been a while! 2-9...sigh

Upnorth
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Not really, it's been a while! 2-9...sigh

Stupid two point convert, grrr. Three points in second half up till 17 seconds left will get you a loss. Now were in second place.

digitaldean
09-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Stupid two point convert, grrr. Three points in second half up till 17 seconds left will get you a loss. Now were in second place.

What hurts even more is the Sheets' knee injury.

Upnorth
09-15-2013, 10:08 AM
What hurts even more is the Sheets' knee injury.

Last week mlb Williams, now Sheets, our ol is no longer dominant and has been getting worse since the by week. It is getting tougher week in week out, don't like where this is going.

As an aside who is starting the packers game day thread?

digitaldean
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Last week mlb Williams, now Sheets, our ol is no longer dominant and has been getting worse since the by week. It is getting tougher week in week out, don't like where this is going.

As an aside who is starting the packers game day thread?

Upnorth, what the hell has happened to your 'Riders? Lost 3 straight, dropped to 3rd in the West. After coming out like gangbusters, they sure have fizzled.

Calgary and Toronto looks like the Grey Cup final. Toronto looked like crap vs. Edmonton. Toronto better get their kicking in order though. Waters looked like 2012 version of Mason Crosby. Their d is tough, although cheap shot artists like the helmet first hit on Reilly.

WTH happened in Montreal today??

Upnorth
09-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Depth, lack of confidence, we started out great but had nothing on the bench I guess. Our ol went from best I've seen for a few years to one of the worst with a few injuries. Our lbs can't do anything now it seems and they have forgotten how to win. I really thought we would turn it around today, but guess we wait till next week now.

Upnorth
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Do or die time for the Riders. Let's go riders!

Upnorth
10-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Riders win with the return of Kory Sheets.

Guiness
10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Luke Tasker (Steve Tasker's son) caught a TD pass yesterday.

digitaldean
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Saskatchewan looked good vs. BC. The INT near goal line early in game was a killer.

Upnorth
10-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Riders win! Wasn't pretty but maybe we get on a roll again!

digitaldean
10-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Looks like playoff field all set, just looks like seeding to fight for.

Upnorth
10-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Riders win last night earning 2nd in West and home playoff game. Saturday it's all up for grabs playing the stamps. Go Riders!!!

digitaldean
10-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Riders win last night earning 2nd in West and home playoff game. Saturday it's all up for grabs playing the stamps. Go Riders!!!

They were kicking BC's tail for score I saw at halftime.

Upnorth
10-26-2013, 05:27 PM
1st place in the west is up for grabs at 7 et. If you watch one cfl regular season game this is the one. Saskatchewan Roughriders are going to kick some stamp butt! Go Riders Go!

Guiness
10-26-2013, 08:02 PM
1st place in the west is up for grabs at 7 et. If you watch one cfl regular season game this is the one. Saskatchewan Roughriders are going to kick some stamp butt! Go Riders Go!

And the Eskimos will close out the season 'playing for pride' :(

Upnorth
10-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Stupid game, aarrgghh. Anyway home playoff game to look forward to and then we get to crush stupid Calgary in the playoffs

KYPack
10-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Stamps messed up your grand plan.

You guys have to go gettum in the play-offs now.

Upnorth
10-27-2013, 09:20 AM
We've won in McMahon before and we can win there again. Half of saskatchewan moved to Calgary over the last few decades so almost half the stands are smart riders fans, and in playoffs it can be one awesome experience. Just have to beat BC at home first, and they are a good team. I don't think Calgary or BC are better than Saskatchewan but they are closely matched. Did anyone watch it? In the first quarter we were playing dominant defensive football until a couple bs penalties, the worst was a roughing the passer call when our De was being held badly and he swung his free arm down on the helmet and arm of the QB. Their first scoring drive was 40 yards of penalties vrs 23 earned yards, it was brutal. After the first quarter the ref's weren't really a factor, but their calls in the early goings kept those crotch sniffers in the game. A

George Cumby
10-27-2013, 10:46 AM
We've won in McMahon before and we can win there again. Half of saskatchewan moved to Calgary over the last few decades so almost half the stands are smart riders fans, and in playoffs it can be one awesome experience. Just have to beat BC at home first, and they are a good team. I don't think Calgary or BC are better than Saskatchewan but they are closely matched. Did anyone watch it? In the first quarter we were playing dominant defensive football until a couple bs penalties, the worst was a roughing the passer call when our De was being held badly and he swung his free arm down on the helmet and arm of the QB. Their first scoring drive was 40 yards of penalties vrs 23 earned yards, it was brutal. After the first quarter the ref's weren't really a factor, but their calls in the early goings kept those crotch sniffers in the game. A

As your PR brother, I will send positive thoughts the Riders way.

digitaldean
10-28-2013, 01:07 AM

Didn't get a chance to watch it. Was visiting my daughter at her college this weekend. Saw the score on CFL site, knew you would be steamed. Looks like you'll have to go thru Calgary to get to the final. Oh well, that will make the Grey Cup win that much sweeter.

Upnorth
10-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Didn't get a chance to watch it. Was visiting my daughter at her college this weekend. Saw the score on CFL site, knew you would be steamed. Looks like you'll have to go thru Calgary to get to the final. Oh well, that will make the Grey Cup win that much sweeter.
The Grey Cup is in Regina this year and if the Riders win an awesome event will go astronomical! I'm volunteering at one event and can't wait to be a part of all the energy.