PDA

View Full Version : Tramon Williams...a Viking in the making?

SavedByGrace
07-08-2013, 11:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/57617/chatwrap-future-of-tramon-williams

$7 million in savings if they cut him after this year AND he's over 30 when there are other younger DBs emerging? Don't see him being a Packer for too long.

RashanGary
07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Maybe. We'll have to see how he plays this year. He's a really hard working, dedicated guy. I wouldn't bet against him, but he's had a rough bit of luck with the shoulder. Tough to say on this one. I have a slight lean toward thinking he'll make it back and be worth it, but that could just be the hopeful side of me overriding the reality side.

Smeefers
07-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh, he's on his way out the door, it just depends on how well he does. If he returns to form, they keep him. If he takes a huge salary cut, they keep him. Otherwise, it's see ya later alligator.

pittstang5
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Maybe the Packers should just start trading players to the Vikings instead of releasing them...we'll at least get something.

packer4life
07-08-2013, 06:30 PM
If he returns to form he won't want to restructure, and TT won't let him play without restructuring. I think he is as good as gone, we have the young bucks to replace him already, and we need to get some money together to keep some of the following list of players: Burnett, Raji, Shields, Finley, Jones, Mike Neal...YIKES

Oh, he's on his way out the door, it just depends on how well he does. If he returns to form, they keep him. If he takes a huge salary cut, they keep him. Otherwise, it's see ya later alligator.

Iron Mike
07-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, buy his t-shirts before he jumps ship, then....

http://networkedblogs.com/MWwHW

Guiness
07-09-2013, 09:52 AM
With all the renegotiation that was going on around the league this year, I really thought he would be asked by the Packers to take a pay cut.

run pMc
07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Keep him this year, see how he does, cut, reneogtiate, or let him play out the rest of the contract. Probably done as a Packer at that point -- he'll be 32 assuming Seifert is correct that he has 2 years left on the contract. At that age his skill swill have diminished and the Vikings can have him (and probably still get good snaps) while TT nets a comp draft pick.

He's still a good CB and you don't let them go because you offered him $9.5M to be your #1 CB (which he's done ok at). I'd rather have him cover Megatron than Sam Shields.

packer4life
07-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Keep him this year, see how he does, cut, reneogtiate, or let him play out the rest of the contract. Probably done as a Packer at that point -- he'll be 32 assuming Seifert is correct that he has 2 years left on the contract. At that age his skill swill have diminished and the Vikings can have him (and probably still get good snaps) while TT nets a comp draft pick.

He's still a good CB and you don't let them go because you offered him $9.5M to be your #1 CB (which he's done ok at). I'd rather have him cover Megatron than Sam Shields.

Give Megatron to Davon House next year...scary but very realistic given Tramon's situation.

Fritz
07-16-2013, 07:38 AM
There are a couple Packers who look to be good as gone after this season. Tramon Williams is one. James Jones is another.

I would imagine that if Shields plays well and consistently, the team would look to keep him. And if Raji shows up consistently, he'd be another I would think they'd work to keep. Now, Jermichael Finley is a conundrum. I'm not sure that they could afford him and Raji if both play well and consistently this year, and Raji probably has more value to the team.

Guiness
07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
There are a couple Packers who look to be good as gone after this season. Tramon Williams is one. James Jones is another.

I would imagine that if Shields plays well and consistently, the team would look to keep him. And if Raji shows up consistently, he'd be another I would think they'd work to keep. Now, Jermichael Finley is a conundrum. I'm not sure that they could afford him and Raji if both play well and consistently this year, and Raji probably has more value to the team.

Jones is an interesting one. If he repeats last season's performance, or even in the neighborhood, will someone give him #1WR money?

MadScientist
07-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Jones is an interesting one. If he repeats last season's performance, or even in the neighborhood, will someone give him #1WR money?

If someone does, he's gone. He's a good number 2 and a great #3, but I don't think he has the tools to beat a #1 CB and force double teams.

Smeefers
07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
All #1 means is that he's a deep threat receiver and that, I believe, Jones is not. He's a slant guy or a curl guy who muscles past the first tackle to get some yac. The go route is Jones' biggest hurtle. Time and again he's shown he can't catch a ball over his shoulder.

Could he be the best receiver on a different team? There are a few teams out there with little to no receiver talent, so yes, he could be the most productive guy on a squad.