PDA

View Full Version : NFL Myths

Upnorth
07-09-2013, 05:54 PM
The first myth in this article I think deals with what we debated a lot this summer,

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/nfl-myth-busting-dont-blame-read-option-for-carolina-panthers-7-9-record/23378/

I thin kPB pu tup some stats regarding this, but could not remeber for sure.

Cheesehead Craig
07-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Carolina obviously isn't a physical enough team. That's why they can't win games.

Maxie the Taxi
07-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Second NFL myth: Maxie the Taxi did not meet his maker...although it was touch and go for quite a while. My heart is as sound as a block of Swiss cheese.

Cleft Crusty
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Second NFL myth: Maxie the Taxi did not meet his maker...although it was touch and go for quite a while. My heart is as sound as a block of Swiss cheese.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Ol' Clefty is still sucking air despite having 20% of the conditions described on "WebMD." Good to see you Maxi - If you really have a weak heart, don't read the thread on bringing back painful memories. My first thought when I saw that was of the paddles and the crazy doctor who saw ER trying to use them to get rid of my asystole. "CLEAR!" Fortunately, the little kid with the bike pump reoxygenated me...

Maxie the Taxi
07-12-2013, 04:50 PM
You are my inspiration, Crusty! I had an echocardiogram this afternoon. The screen looked like an old television test pattern from the 1950's.

gbgary
07-13-2013, 12:16 PM
You are my inspiration, Crusty! I had an echocardiogram this afternoon. The screen looked like an old television test pattern from the 1950's.

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/test-patterns/television/indianhead640x480.gif

Maxie the Taxi
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
gb, how'd you get a hold of my medical records? I guess with ObamaCare nothing's sacred anymore!

mraynrand
07-13-2013, 04:43 PM
That test pattern is racist. But at least it appeals to bigoted Redskins fans.

swede
07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
That test pattern is racist. But at least it appeals to bigoted Redskins fans.

Frank de Kova is a Redskin's fan?

Fritz
07-16-2013, 07:36 AM
For all those Packer fans who want the Packers to run, run, run and be tough, tough, tough:

I am a U of Michigan fan, having graduated from that fine university. (I'm not a big fan, though - college ball is too crooked for me.) Anyway, U of M had some lean, lean years in Bo Schembecler's last few seasons, because he refused to face the changes in the game, and kept preaching what he called "smaish-mouth football." It got him a couple trips to the BlueBonnet Bowl, I think, at the end, and that was it.