PDA

View Full Version : Read This, Be Smarter: Seattle and the 4-3 Defense

pbmax
07-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Best writeup, outside of a coaching book, I have ever read. Including, finally, nailing down the over versus Under debate.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2013/5/31/4382318/the-seahawks-and-the-4-3-under-front-winds-of-change

CaptainKickass
07-10-2013, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the post. I tried really hard to read it but - I still cannot bring myself to read anything about the Chicken-Fuckers. I also still refuse to give any of my $ to the NFL ever again due to the douche-baggery of that fateful game between the Pack and the Chicken-Fuckers.

packer4life
07-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Interesting. It's been awhile since I popped in Madden but I could've sworn the under-over was reversed (aka the over front had 5 on the line with the addition of a LB on strong side, not the under front). Either way, good article on the 4-3.

pbmax
07-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Interesting. It's been awhile since I popped in Madden but I could've sworn the under-over was reversed (aka the over front had 5 on the line with the addition of a LB on strong side, not the under front). Either way, good article on the 4-3.

Yeah, there are a lot of facets to it. For instance, I did skim to the end and may have missed mention of adjustment to O strength, but the Packers never flipped their DEs in Fritz's 4-3 Under, but they did flip Gilbert and Dotson as well as the linebackers. So versus a certain formation, Reggie was wider than depicted here. I don't think he was in 4 tech often even on run downs.

packer4life
07-11-2013, 11:16 AM
We've read write-ups on Hayward and now Clay. I would love a read on Reggie White in the 1996 defense!

woodbuck27
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
That was excellent and informative.

Thanks.