PDA

View Full Version : Pull Your Crystal Balls Out - Who's Gonna Be the Third Best Packer Defender?

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Okay, Bretsky, here we go.

Here's what you wrote - and it's a good question you asked:

"I have a good poll idea; I just forgot how to make polls. Who will be the Packers 3rd best defensive player in two years ?"

Okay, Ratbastards - whose it gonna be in two years?

Uh..I see I used "out" twice in the title - but I don't know how to edit that. Doh!

Out, out!

pbmax
07-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Hayward just keeps trending up and up and up.

Tony Oday
07-18-2013, 07:20 AM
CMIII...the defense is just going to be that much better!

Fritz
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
I thought about putting him in there as an option, thinking that maybe his tender hammy and tightly-strung body might reduce his effectiveness soon. I just don't think he's going to be a peak performer for more that three or four years, tops.

Upnorth
07-18-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm having trouble identify who will be second let alone third. Also the pessimism towards cmiii health has some truth. In three years it could well be haywood shields Jones and raji duking it out for top player.

Cheesehead Craig
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
I'll go Jones. He'll be popping 9-10 sacks/yr and loads of pressures.

packer4life
07-18-2013, 09:05 AM
CM3 is tops. #2 should've been the poll, bc even that is way up in the air.

#2: BJ Raji
#3: Shields (he puts it all together this season, he's gonna be a beast just watch...)
#4: Hayward

Putting our hopes in #3 being a rookie (Jones) is lofty expectations. I hope I'm proved wrong. I think Perry has a better chance to be an impact over Jones just based on him having a year to adjust to the speed of the game and better build his body (aka LOSE WEIGHT).

denverYooper
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Hayward will be #2.

Jones is going to be #3. There's a huge opportunity for a hungry young guy to take advantage of Clay's presence. I think he sees that and has the physical tools to capitalize on it. Think Aldon Smith.

denverYooper
07-18-2013, 09:52 AM
I probably would have voted CJ Wilson if he were included. I smell a breakout year.

Zool
07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Putting our hopes in #3 being a rookie (Jones) is lofty expectations. I hope I'm proved wrong. I think Perry has a better chance to be an impact over Jones just based on him having a year to adjust to the speed of the game and better build his body (aka LOSE WEIGHT).

Poll is for 2 years from now.

packer4life
07-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Poll is for 2 years from now.

Looks like I'm the idiot.

OK my choice now changes. This year I stick with Raji, Shields, Hayward as 2,3,4

Two years from now I'll go with Shields, Neal, and Jones as 2,3,4. I'm high on Neal!!!!!!! I also understand he is not a choice, oh well...

packer4life
07-18-2013, 10:36 AM
I probably would have voted CJ Wilson if he were included. I smell a breakout year.

Curious to see what you see in Wilson besides a guy who gets in the way of an opposing runner?

denverYooper
07-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Curious to see what you see in Wilson besides a guy who gets in the way of an opposing runner?

He was tabbed as a developmental prospect out of college, but was a productive pass rusher for East Carolina, so I think last year was him just starting to show a glimpse of his ability. He's been strong + consistent and one of the better run defenders. Last year he started to flash a little penetration. He looks to be getting stronger every year and by all accounts studies and works very hard.

Plus, there's that story about him playing piano the night before the superbowl win.

bobblehead
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
McMillan. I think he is good this year, and breaks out next year. That is two years from now correct? Either way, he is my pick.

packer4life
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Last year he started to flash a little penetration.

I missed this, but I hope it's true, we need a few surprises on the front line for us to get rid of this "soft" lingo

Guiness
07-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Put me with the "but, who's #2?" crowd.

Upnorth
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
On O #1 is Arod, #2 is Cobb, who is #3? Beluga, nelson, Jones lacy? Mr Fritz, could you show us that old vet leadership and create another poll?

Joemailman
07-18-2013, 04:11 PM
What? No love for this guy?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jarrett+Bush+Super+Bowl+XLV+GLuskd2irDQl.jpg

mraynrand
07-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Hayward just keeps trending up and up and up.

if you could rerun that draft, he would have been picked in the top 20*

*no wait, top 10!

MJZiggy
07-18-2013, 06:14 PM
You guys have crystal balls? No wonder you're so protective of them. Geez.

swede
07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
You guys have crystal balls? No wonder you're so protective of them. Geez.

You should hear it when we jog together. It sounds like someone is shaking the chandelier.

Iron Mike
07-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Hawk:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/sports/green-bay-packers/Packers-LB-Hawk-further-fuels-rivalry-with-Jennings-and-Vikings-216077251.html

Smeefers
07-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Wow, a lot of you are reaaaally high on Datone Jones. Haven't even seen the guy in pads and he's already the next best thing since sliced bread.

Smidgeon
07-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Wow, a lot of you are reaaaally high on Datone Jones. Haven't even seen the guy in pads and he's already the next best thing since sliced bread.

Well, duh. He is the first round savior--I mean: draft pick.

Cheesehead Craig
07-19-2013, 02:01 PM

Off season comments about rookies can't be thrown back in your face. It's like a rule here or something.

ThunderDan
07-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Off season comments about rookies can't be thrown back in your face. It's like a rule here or something.

I threw my preseason comment that Daniels would be a bust in my own face last year.

Bretsky
07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
OK; I am officially an idiot...of course everybody knew that. I had two polls in mind and will created the 2nd (which will dismay many but since I created the poll I can push my views :)..........first idea was 2 years from now who will be Packers 2nd best defensive player..it would not surprise me at all if it was Burnett........other poll had to do with the next greatest coach of all time...behind the two geniuses.....that is where I messed up and got my 3rd mixed up with the 2nd.

Cheers all
B

Guiness
07-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I pick the option 'leave is as it is', it's wonderfully obtuse!