PDA

View Full Version : WHO'S IN THE HOF - CLASS OF 2015?

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 12:13 PM
WHO'S IN THE HALL CLASS OF 2015?

From a Peter King Article ... dated... Monday April 5, 2004

Question from Philip Slater of San Rafael, Calif.:

"In looking at the current lineup of active players it is easy to spot a number of guys who will be inducted to the Hall of Fame. Most notably Brett Favre, Emmitt Smith and the immortal Jerry Rice. My question for you is beyond those active players, who do you see in the Hall of Fame 10 years or so down the road?"

Peter King's response:

Other than the three you mentioned, by 2020, here are, in order, the 11 active players (not including Bruce Smith, who is a lock) I think that have either clinched a spot in the Hall, or who are close to doing so.

By "close" I mean they're within two or three very good years of being Hall-worthy. Here's the list of the top dozen.

1. Rod Woodson. 2. Marshall Faulk. 3. Jonathan Ogden. 4. Peyton Manning. 5. Randy Moss. 6. Ray Lewis. 7. Junior Seau. 8. Tim Brown. 9. Marvin Harrison. 10. Larry Allen. 11. Jerome Bettis. 12. Curtis Martin.

Here's 13 through 20:

Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Michael Strahan, Ty Law, Darren Woodson, Jason Taylor, Rod Smith, Tony Gonzalez. Tom Brady and LaDainian Tomlinson (average season after three years: 1,521 rushing yards, 79 catches) need more than a couple of very good years to make it, but my guess is they'll have a few more.

Still, they don't belong on this list yet. Peter King

Comment woodbuck27:

PACKERRATS ? Did Peter King miss anyone ?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, if Darren Woodson from the cowboys can we his name mentioned, I think Butler can get his name mentioned. However, I seriously doubt either player will make it.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Also, he should of mentioned Tom Brady.

Edit: he did sorry :smile:

the_idle_threat
08-25-2006, 05:19 AM
If Drew Bledsoe plays 2 more decent seasons by his standards (basically he's played the equivalent of 12 seasons, so I divided his career totals by 12), he'll be 3rd in career passing attempts, 4th in passing yards (4th to exceed 50,000 yards) and 7th in touchdown passes.

A 3rd "average" season would make him 3rd or 4th in pretty much all cumulative passing categories behind Marino, Favre, and the case of TDs, Tarkenton.

He will always be known as the guy who lost his job to Tom Brady, but considering the success Brady's had, I can't see that hurting his chances too badly.

Bledsoe doesn't strike me as an all-time great. He's kind of like Curtis Martin or Jerome Bettis to me ... not the best in the league nor the flashiest, but consistent enough to get up there in cumulative categories (I was surprised to learn that Martin and Bettis are #4 and #5 all-time in career rushing yards). I think all three will have a hard time going into the hall on the first ballot, but if T.O. behaves long enough to catch some touchdowns, Bledsoe's career numbers will make it very hard to keep him out.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Actually, I don'tt hink he's even as good as Martin or as good as Bettis was at one point. He's more like a Warren Moon. If Moon got in because of stats but little team success, then Bledsoe will likely be a shoe-in. He did get one team to the Super Bowl though.

Patler
09-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Brian Urlacher?

Patler
09-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Steve Hutchinson - could be a 10 time Pro-Bowler before he retires.

Tarlam!
09-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, what about ST players?

Ryan Longwell will make the Packers HOF - Leading All-time points scorer. But is he good enough for Canton?

I think T.O. will make it. Randy Moss was listed and unless he finds his old form, I can't see it.

KYPack
09-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Craig Hentrich joins Ray Guy as "America's punters"?

Patler
09-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Craig Hentrich joins Ray Guy as "America's punters"?

Hentrich will have a tough time. He has been rock solid his entire career, but has never been the dominant punter that Guy was. Punters and kickers have to be the player everyone thinks of when you ask for the best of their time, or they don't make it. Longwell won't make it for the same reason. He's not the guy you think of when you ask for the best.

ahaha
09-30-2006, 12:20 PM
What about Willie Roaf and Will Shields?

Shannon Sharpe is a lock.

I think Leroy Butler has an outside shot. He was a bit of a pioneer for safeties becoming a major part of the defense. Before Butler it was unheard of for safeties to get sacks. His all around talents and production paved the way for guys like Brian Dawkins and Troy Polamoa.