PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw lands on PUP list for Colts

wpony
07-24-2013, 02:43 AM
I am so glad we did not pick him up he is on the PUP list already and we always get to many injuries as it is with out adding another injury prone player,

Guiness
07-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Saw that, I wonder if he's done.

wpony
07-24-2013, 06:04 AM
I am not sure they say he injured the same foot again, I wish him well but think we missed a bullet there

pbmax
07-24-2013, 07:27 AM
It can be precautionary at this point of the offseason. If the player is not on that list at the beginning of camp, you can't get him onto the 6 week delay PUP list. There have been a lot of PUP announcements in the last week and many of those players will participate in camp.

Most, if not all, are just not ready to practice yet.

Guiness
07-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Right, a player has to be listed PUP at the start of camp. As soon as they step on the field, the team loses the ability to put them on the PUP, and have to IR or carry them on the roster, right?

Fritz
07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Right, a player has to be listed PUP at the start of camp. As soon as they step on the field, the team loses the ability to put them on the PUP, and have to IR or carry them on the roster, right?

My hope for the Packers is that they put Sherrod on the PUP l ist. That gives the other contenders, who have more reps, time to get reps and compete, and it gives Sherrod more time to heal from what was a nasty injury, much like Mike Flanagan's, I think.

Then they can evaluate their current offensive line plus Sherrod's health after the PUP time is over.

pbmax
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
My hope for the Packers is that they put Sherrod on the PUP l ist. That gives the other contenders, who have more reps, time to get reps and compete, and it gives Sherrod more time to heal from what was a nasty injury, much like Mike Flanagan's, I think.

Then they can evaluate their current offensive line plus Sherrod's health after the PUP time is over.

In understand the thinking, and it could happen. But if it is going to happen, it will have to happen prior to Friday's first practice.

Fritz
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
We'll see. Or maybe the coaches and docs think the guy is physically as healthy as he's gonna get, and it's time to see what they have. But given the numbers game, it looks like it'd be hard to keep him.

So who has more leverage - the first round pick from two years ago who got hurt, or the fourth round rookie pick this year?

ThunderDan
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
We'll see. Or maybe the coaches and docs think the guy is physically as healthy as he's gonna get, and it's time to see what they have. But given the numbers game, it looks like it'd be hard to keep him.

So who has more leverage - the first round pick from two years ago who got hurt, or the fourth round rookie pick this year?

The player with the best pad level. :clap:

Guiness
07-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Heh, it's closer to a wash than you'd think, eh? Knee jerk is to think it's the first rounder, who should have a much higher ceiling, so some patience is afforded. However, only 2 years left to get something out of the first rounder before it's decision time, but 4 years to work on the fourth rounder, so as long as the fourth rounder doesn't 'poop the bed' he should make the squad, but I can envision Sherrod being cut. So?

Upnorth
07-24-2013, 04:33 PM

I was looking at a site with their 53 man roster prediction and they put Sherry on the PUP. I hate to say it but I am thinking more and more put a fork in him.

Fritz
07-25-2013, 11:54 AM
For this year, anyway. But maybe they figure it's time to see what they have.